Court of the Fallen
[se] see it for myself - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [se] see it for myself (/showthread.php?tid=4403)

Pages: 1 2

[se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-15-2020

It wasn't the first time Remi had thanked the Voice for something. Strangely his interactions with the goddess had been...entirely pleasant. At least when compared to his encounters with the old gods. Still, it felt vaguely traitorous to be here, but really there was no reason for it. Ludo had told him to find a way to be cured, and the Voice had done that. Offering a thank you surely wasn't the sort of thing that would land him in trouble with the raggedy herald.

So he hoped anyway.

[say]"Thank you. For what you did for me. For all of us."[/say] His gift, knowing that the Voice needed nothing from him in all likelihood, was a memory. Closing his eyes and holding out his hand, a small piece of metal appeared. It was singed and looked in rough shape, but that was the point. As a boy it was one of the first times Remi had learned about the properties of lightning, a storm having struck his wagon and broken off this piece from one of the wheels. The metal wouldn't last terribly long, this magic of his being more performative than useful, but that was the thing about gifts, wasn't it? The thought being the thing that mattered.

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-15-2020

Sam was on his way back from talking to Nate, a lot to think about on his mind and a defeated slump in his step as he headed back towards the Hollowed Grounds. Never again would he be able to call the sands and seas of Torchline his home. No, he was once again a permanent resident of the Grounds, dull and dreary and sad a place as it was. At least the Spire was impressive and as he approached it, he smiled faintly, seeing the queue still there.

Would people remember who cured them, in a season? Would this change their opinions at all? He wasn't sure.

Walking past he did see Remi give a gift, which widened his smile. If a Demi-God of the Old Gods could give such a gesture, maybe there was some hope. Sam stopped and watched, a vacant smile on his lips; it would be obvious he was staring when Remi turned to go so he paused, for a moment considered just trying to walk away...but maybe it was time to stop giving up on things and to just doggedly continue.

[say]"Hello, Remi. Um..."[/say] Of course, before they could have a casual conversation, there was something to discuss. He looked around for Ronin; not immediately seeing him, he continued. [say]"...I'm really sorry...about the meeting and..um, biting you..it....I wasn't myself at all, with the illness."[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-16-2020

Spying Sam the alchemist pauses, though perhaps not for the reasons that the ascended might think. Though he'd been overcome with a very unwelcome tyrade of desire for the bookmaker, his other magic had been present too. Swamped perhaps by what he felt in the moment, but it lingered afterward. He'd sensed the other man's madness, his overwhelming need to drink. It was so similar to the predatory compulsions that the Lullaby felt at times that he couldn't help but be anything but sympathetic. It didn't make it alright of course, but Remi more than understood.

[say]"I know, Sam."[/say] Remi offers gently, before offering Sam a reassuring smile. [say]"Ronin isn't here."[/say] Noticing how the ascended's eyes scanned the surroundings, Remi could only assume that's who he was looking for. [say]"I know you didn't mean it. That...means little to Ronin you understand, but..."[/say] The Lullaby smiles a touch sadly at that as he shrugs.

[say]"At least everyone is cured now. Or at least...most of them, anyway."[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-16-2020

Given how cold Remi had become in the last year, he was the last person Sam was expecting a gracious acceptance of his apology from; when it came he was very grateful, letting go tension in his shoulders with a sigh and returning the smile softly, his expression calming further when he was assured Ronin was not around. [say]"Thank you. It's very kind of you to be so good about it. I...I always liked Ronin. Maybe eventually I can find a way to make it up to him."[/say]

Probably not for a while, though, so he moved on swiftly.

He looked over at the people leaving the Spire, those who had been cured. [say]"Mmm...some won't take a cure from the Voice. Won't Ludo mind that you have?"[/say] From what he knew of the deathly deity, it was not fond of the Voice at all.

RE: [se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-17-2020

[say]"It's less about kindness and more..."[/say] Holding up his hands, Remi looks at his palms for a moment with silent consideration before exhaling slowly. [say]"..anytime someone touches me, I can feel everything they're feeling."[/say] He admits as if it's some dark and troubling thing. In many ways it is actually, given the sorts of things the alchemist is often up to. [say]"But when you have that sort of insight into someone's mind, it's hard not to be understanding."[/say]

As for trying to fix things with Ronin, Remi purses his lips slightly and gives his head a shake. [say]"I would...not try and do that. Not this coming season, anyway."[/say] Leafchange brought on significant changes in the Star ever since the soul of a Luxere had been placed into the mix.

[say]"No...they won't."[/say] The alchemist agrees. [say]"I don't think it will. It told me a few days ago that I was of little use to it sick and hiding away in my dreams."[/say] Remi shrugs. [say]"Much as it likes to play games, I don't think it would see the point in me struggling to find a more noble way to cure myself."[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-19-2020

As Remi's hands were raised Sam regarded them too, listening to what he had to say with some surprise; it was certainly a change from the conversations they'd had before about Remi's lack of feeling for others in the last year. [say]"When did that happen? Your hands becoming like that, I mean."[/say] Honestly, the thought was a little terrifying, that Remi might have seen into his mind and feelings; Sam wondered how he had been judged.

He took the advice on Ronin readily, not wanting to find out just how powerful the Dark Star could be. [say]"Alright. I'm planning to avoid Torchline for the time being, anyway...it's a shame, because I liked it there."[/say] Sam sighed and his shoulders sunk a little, his disappointment surrounding his failed new life too much to hide away.

It was welcome then, the discussion of Ludo; something totally removed from his life. [say]"Oh. Well, then I'm glad you can have some of this. I'm sure Amalia won't."[/say] Hugging himself, he looked around, as if he might somehow see her in the queue, but he already knew he wouldn't. [say]"I just hope that being so stubborn doesn't cost her her life..."[/say] Perhaps if he were a darker person he'd wish it would, so his witness would be gone, but he was hardly a seasoned killer; as it was he was confused, lost, and didn't want anyone else hurt.

RE: [se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-19-2020

[say]"Ludo."[/say] The alchemist replies; didn't it always come back to the raggedy god with him, lately? [say]"I told him I was losing myself to all of this. With what it asks me to do...it was too much. I was once so sympathetic, and yet I just...I didn't care any longer."[/say] This wouldn't be new to Sam of course, the Lullaby having said as much to him in far crueller ways before. [say]"And so it...made it so that being unsympathetic was impossible."[/say] Running one of his hands through his curls with a bit of a sigh, Remi lets them both fall to his sides. [say]"When someone touches me, I'm...pure empathy."[/say] It was a thing too absolutely intimate to be said with anything other than a hushed and almost reverent tone.

[say]"Oh well, no need on our account. We're...leaving. Not moving, as we have no fixed destination, but...we won't be around."[/say]

Raising his eyebrows slightly in consideration, Remi exhales an uncertain breath. [say]"Some things are worth dying for. And with what Vi is now...especially when it comes to Vi...she might not have much of a choice."[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-20-2020

Given how little Remi had seemed to care about not caring the last few times they had spoken, Sam was surprised to hear that he had gone to seek aid for that very problem. Maybe his words had more power than he thought, though he wasn't quite egotistical enough to assume the change had anything to do with him. [say]"I see. ...It sounds quite overwhelming, though I suppose you don't touch that many people? ...Do you think...I mean..."[/say]

Sam laughed, knowing the question was bizarre. [say]"I'm just curious. What do you think it'd be like if you touched the Voice?"[/say] Would it work? Empathy gifted by Ludo towards the new Goddess?

Hearing that the pair were moving out of Torchline was a surprise too, given that Remi had not long ago been Governor. [say]"Oh, I see...why are you going on the road, if I can ask? As for me, I have...other reasons not to stay as well."[/say] He didn't elaborate on what those were, the less known about his poorly shouldered crime the better.

The comment about Amalia certainly caught his interest, Sams brows furrowing in confusion. [say]"What do you mean? Has Vi changed?"[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-20-2020

[say]"Mmm, it is."[/say] Remi hums in soft agreement. It's an understatement if anything. [say]"The first person I ever felt it with was Amalia, right after she left Deimos. And it was...gods, we both nearly drowned, actually."[/say] Perhaps that had more to do with the fact that the pair had been fighting on the beach, than Remi's magic, though.

[say]"No, I don't. But then..I suppose I didn't touch people much before, anyway."[/say] The older iteration of himself hadn't. Now he was a bit more open, a bit less cautious, but with all the things that had happened to him, the alchemist found it was far more likely that others touched him, than him reaching out for them. Not that it mattered. The magic worked both ways.

[say]"Uhm....I...have no idea. Isn't she usually...not touchable? An illusion, of sorts?"[/say] She had been every time he'd seen her, although he supposed just now she'd been quite real. [say]"I don't know. I suppose I'd be able to feel what she felt. Then again, she's probably also powerful enough to veil whatever she wanted to from me."[/say] Remi shrugs. [say]"Why do you ask?"[/say]

Amalia had not told her housemates about Sam's crimes, which was lucky for the bookmaker, leaving Remi to assume that it had something to do with some sort of breakup or other. [say]"I just need some breathing room, I think."[/say] Remi replies with a soft shrug, not knowing the words to express the torrent of anxiety and adrenaline that sat knotted in his stomach. [say]'And I like to travel.'[/say] He adds.

[say]"No? If anything he hasn't changed, from all that Amalia has told me. Unlike Ludo, I think Vi would much rather she do the right and good things in life, even if it means dying in the process."[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-22-2020

[say]"Drowned...because the emotions were so bad?"[/say] He asked, tilting his head, not sure what the implication was; Sam had no idea where Amalia and Remi stood with each other these days.

As for the Voice, Sam frowned; were those that didn't Ascend really convinced she had no physical form? He'd been held by her, taken her fluid, seen her in the flesh (or...circuitry?) many times. [say]"She is. Maybe she only shows it to us, but I have touched the Voice before and she's definitely physical...at least sometimes."[/say] When asked why he'd wondered all he could do was shrug. [say]"Just curious."[/say]

[say]"Breathing room? What happened?"[/say] Sam had been so caught up in his own drama in Torchline he hadn't noticed if anything had happened to Remi, except for Sunjata taking over as Governor, but he assumed that was because he was leaving, not the cause of it. [say]"I've heard there's somewhere called Stormbreak, where people are coming from...maybe you could try go there."[/say]

He knew little of Vi, but being in his service certainly didn't sound fun. [say]"What kind of things does she have to do?"[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-23-2020

[say]"Oh, not bad."[/say] Remi says with a shake of his head. [say]"Just...a lot. I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who feels as many things as Amalia."[/say] He adds with a warm smile and a shrug.

Raising a brow slightly at Sam's question and suggestion, the alchemist takes a moment before answering. [say]"Well...everything with Ludo. Everything it has made me become. This sickness...and, Ronin and I have a son now."[/say] This latter part is said with a good deal of warmth, Remi's cheeks flushing with pride and love. [say]"Stormbreak is...well. They want Ronin and I there, they've said as much. But only because of what we are now, and I'm not sure I feel like giving up one position of authority just to be shackled into another quite so quickly."[/say]

As for what Vi requested of Amalia? Remi really couldn't say, and his slow shrug said as much. [say]"I'm not sure. Preserving life, I assume. We don't..exactly talk about it."[/say]

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-25-2020

[say]"...Really. I suppose it must run in our family."[/say] Sam said dryly, thinking of himself, Evie and Amalia; one thing that could be said for all of them was that they felt a lot of emotions a lot of the time.

Remi's life had always seemed to be busy, one disaster or mission after another especially in the last two years, so Sam was expecting to hear quite the list of things, but mention of a son took him by surprise. [say]"A son? Congratulations! Can I ask what his name is?"[/say] He had to admit he immediately wondered if the child was born of Safrin the same way Seren had been, but he didn't quite dare to ask. Regardless, he thought it was good for Remi and Ronin, to have a family created together once again; he could only hope this child fared better than Aoife.

It seemed they were having an actual conversation (something Sam could have only dreamt of with the state of their relationship a few months ago) so he sat against a wall behind him, hands supporting his weight on either side. [say]"They offered you a position of authority in Stormbreak? They must've heard good things about your time as Governor."[/say] He laughed lightly.

The vague answer about Amalia wasn't satisfying, but he got the impression he couldn't really ask more, so Sam only nodded. Hopefully, she'd keep her mission of preserving life when it came to the inevitable conflict between Ascended and Devout of the Old Gods.

RE: [se] see it for myself - Remi - 10-25-2020

[say]"Mateo."[/say] Remi replies, his accent perfectly contouring around the letters. Unlike Aoife which had always sounded best coming from Ronin's lips, Mateo was a name best suited to his own lips.

Running a hand over his eyes Remi shakes his head slightly. [say]"Oh no, nothing to do with that, and everything to do with being a demigod."[/say] He explains with a slight sigh. It probably came across too close to being a humble-brag, poor me, the demigod, being asked to do something so important, but Remi felt real exasperation about what was being asked of him.

[say]"So...leaving Torchline?"[/say] Remi asks with a brow raised, assuming that's what Sam had meant earlier when he said he'd be avoiding it.

RE: [se] see it for myself - Samuel - 10-25-2020

[say]"Mateo...that's a lovely name. I hope I can meet him someday."[/say] Sam smiled. He'd never really had a chance to see Remi as a father under normal circumstances. He hoped that as much as Caido would allow, he'd get a chance to be a family man in the best of circumstances for a while.

It was often easy to forget that his friends and acquaintances were Demi-Gods, the title so grand it felt like it could not possibly apply to anyone he knew, who still spoke, walked and lived like anyone else. [say]"Oh, I see. ...I think I heard something about them being very devout there."[/say] And, he was sure, very disdainful of the Ascended as a result. [say]"What are they asking you to do?"[/say]

He'd almost forgotten, during a for once pleasant conversation, that he'd mentioned leaving Torchline and paused for a moment as he was reminded, a frown appearing on his features. [say]"Yes. It's been a difficult season and...some things have happened that make it hard for me to stay."[/say] He didn't elaborate more, though the way his fingers pressed hard into the stone of the wall and his eyes couldn't quite meet Remis would speak to the nature of the events.