Court of the Fallen
{SE} In remembrance - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: {SE} In remembrance (/showthread.php?tid=4563)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-04-2020

"That's an excellent idea. I think I believe I have some thinner in the back. I'll go grab it." Ray stood up and disappeared behind the counter of her shop. Retrieving a few choice paints and a container of paint thinner, she walked back to the table.  

Upon returning, she saw the drawing that Neos had created. Ray's eyes widened as she just barely caught the words he mumbled to himself. Concern filling her, she let out a small sigh as she returned to her seat.  "You're right you know. Even the most painful of our memories deserves to be remembered. They shape us into who we are, sometimes even more so then the positive ones. And if we forget the mistakes of the past, we'll likely repeat them." Ray said softly, recalling some of her own memories that haunted her nightmares.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-04-2020

Neos, realizing he was heard, didn't even bother flinching at what he heard. Instead, he waited until she was done speaking before saying himself, [say]"Unfortunately, this particular figure is...I'm not sure how to explain Gemini, honestly."[/say]

He then leaned back, arms crossed over his chest as he looked up towards the ceiling. [say]"Not without making myself sound like a monster in the process,"[/say] he muttered more to himself. Even more so, really, but she doesn't need to know that, he mentally noted after momentarily recalling that he wasn't even really human before coming here.

He then straightened up, then smirked upon seeing the paint thinner. [say]"Now, some things will have obvious colorations, like the sky and ground, but I may need you to tell me the colors of some of these...um..."[/say] He then narrowed his eyes at the flowers in the image to study them before looking up towards Ray. [say]"You said they were chamomile, right? Are they also white here?"[/say]

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-04-2020

"Fair enough." Ray said simply and dropped the topic. It was clearly painful for Neos and she didn't want to pry or bring up more dark memories for him. Ray pointed towards the flowers. "They're generally pure white with bright yellow centers. Their stems are incredibly bright green so really all of their colorations are rather vibrant. Let me show you actually." Ray disappeared into the back and came back with a single chamomile flower she'd just cut from one of her plants. She placed it on the table. "See? They're a simple flower but rather soothing in my opinion." Ray explained. "They're an incredibly useful medicinal plant too."

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-05-2020

Neos' face suddenly moved into a sideways knowing smirk, once he saw the flowers and what they were used for. [say]"Would you believe me if I said that, in at least two other worlds besides this one, these flowers had the same name, appearance and potentially uses as a medical herb?"[/say]

He brought his hands together, knuckles pressing against the palm of the other as he pressed his hands together to pop said knuckles, all while he ended up letting out a yawn. [say]"...and possibly a sleep aid, at least for me, with some honey."[/say] Shaking his head, he clapped at his own cheeks lightly once or twice as another yawn escaped him. [say]"Really regretting all that tea I drank back then,"[/say] he managed to say as he realized he accidentally programmed himself to feel sleepy when smelling the flowers in question.

It was very-likely he was going to crash onto her floor and get a rude awakening of his own creation.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-06-2020

Ray's eyes widened in both surprise and wonder. "Really? That's incredible. Though it does seem logical that there would be some overlap between worlds that have some manner of similarity in environment or life forms." Ray noticed Neos beginning to nod off and raised an eyebrow. "It is a fantastic sleep aid."  Her amusement turned into mild concern however as Neos showed continued signs of exhaustion. "Do you want to lie down or something? Are you ok? I'd really rather not have you pass out on my floor and concuss yourself." Ray said, eyeing him warily and bracing herself to reach over and grab him should he take a nosedive to the floor.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-06-2020

[say]"...fine, I'll be...Arceus-dammit, did I drink that much tea on Eorzea?"[/say] Shaking his head, he looked up before asking while yawning, [say]"Can I get come coffee? I know that particular bean's on this world..."[/say]

He then stood up while stretching his arms up before giving a small sympathetic grin as several joints popped in both shoulders and spine. [say]"Also, a knock on the noggin from hitting the floor is probably next to nothing,"[/say] he said, starting to sound a tiny bit more alert from standing.

Not compared to even half of what I went through before here, he thought in head instead of saying outloud.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-06-2020

Ray laughed at Neos' predicament. It seemed like he'd truly trained himself to go to sleep whenever exposed to the flower.  "I'll go grab some." She disappeared behind the counter of her shop, into the back, and up the stairs to her apartment. Getting to the kitchen she quickly made  a pot and upon grabbing to mugs, returned to where Neos was stretching. Ray placed both mugs and the pot on the table before filling both mugs.

While Neos stretched, Ray sat and sipped her coffee. She shook her head with a small grin as Neos waved off a possible head wound.  "You say that but you'd regret it later if you hit your head. Those can be the most irritating in terms of the healing process." She insisted, remembering full well her previous concussions. They had been horrible to deal with.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-07-2020

[say]"No, seriously, a typical knock upside the noggin's nothing with some of what I've been though,"[/say] he admitted as he lowered his arms back down to either side of himself. Seeing the coffee, he grabbed it before taking several gulps without bothering to add any form of sweetener to it, pulling the chair back under him to sit down with one of his legs. Normally, he would add milk and sugar to it, but the shock of bitterness also helps with the waking process and he tried not to make a face as he drank.

One last yawn escaped him as he put the coffee down before glancing towards Ray. [say]"Seriously, anyone else would call me a freaking medical nightmare at this point with how stitched together I wound up becoming over time."[/say] He then pointed back towards the lantern before saying, [say]"Lantern, need to focus to get even one of these done,"[/say] he said with a sheepish chuckle that slightly clashed with the tone of focus he was trying to use on himself.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-07-2020

Ray raised an eyebrow.  "You know.. as someone who owns a shop that sells medicine I'm morally obligated to demand you go to a doctor or something. At least for a checkup." She said not even trying to hide her concern.  She vaguely wanted to demand he go right now but figured if he wasn't in critical health it wouldn't be worth the argument.

"Right, lanterns. I'm thinking that I should paint the flower sections to match the actual flower but paint the coyotes in black to look like silhouettes." She grabbed the required colors and set out a few brushes, quickly setting to work. "While I paint, let's figure out what we need to do for yours."

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-09-2020

Neos gave a slight chuckle at the demand, showing a sliver of teeth in the process. [say]"I probably should, honestly, it's been a couple of years...and that sounds like a good idea for the silhouettes."[/say]

He then glanced down at the sheets of paper, flickering through the ones he had some form of drawing on, before saying, [say]"My main problem is that I have a lot of people that affected my life in one way or another, including and not limited to a pair of kids I rescued from their home reality."[/say] He looked up towards Ray, a somber look on his face, before saying with a heavy tone, [say]"No matter what happens to this world, short of the world literally destroying itself to the point of non-existence, it won't come anywhere near the state that universe was in."[/say]

He looked down towards the papers, pencil flat against the table as he tried to figure out how to phrase what he was about to say as he leaned back into the chair. [say]"I've been through a reality where the homeworld for humanity, Terra, had fallen into severe self-destruction. Humanity worshipped a figure they had called the God-Emperor, who was once a living person like you and me. By the time I arrived in that reality, this man was a living corpse that was forcibly kept alive by something known as the Golden Throne, an ornate chair-like device that had its power fed into by literally sacrificing 1000 Abandoned-like people into it every single day. One of the two kids I saved was slotted to be one of those 1000 on one day and I saved him while freeing myself from being captured for being a 'psyker', basically that reality's term for Abandoned, powerful enough to be forced into living service of the God-Emperor."[/say] He looked back up towards Ray before saying, [say]"With the worlds and realities I've been through, I've never tried to leave one as fast as I did that one. Fortunately, I know the two kids I saved are in good hands."[/say]

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-09-2020

Ray's brow furrowed as he continued to paint, although she was fully focused on the conversation as well.  Ray couldn't even imagine such a scenario or such a world as Neos described. It made her all the more aware of how lucky she truly was to live in Caido as well as to lead the good, albeit unconventional life that she had. Ray also had the feeling that Neos needed therapy, badly. "Sounds like that was a difficult time for you and that world. I'm glad you were able to help those kids though. To be chosen for such a fate, and at a young age, is incomprehensibly cruel." She stated simply, feeling that any other form of condolences or apologizes for him having to deal with such a scenario would be meaningless.

Ray sighed and tried to bring the conversation to a more positive note. "If there are too many individuals that you wish to honor, then maybe instead focus on what they gave you? How they shaped or influenced you I mean. It's a rather abstract idea but it might make it easier to represent them all individually." She proposed.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-14-2020

Neos was tapping the tip of his pencil, thinking on Ray's suggestion as he lightly doodled an image of the gigantic crystalline Tree of Beginning. Once he had a solid scale of the tree, he doodled the various beings that had a great effect in his life in differing areas of the tree before connecting all of them together with what looked like a glowing thread joining all of them into one interconnected web.

[say]"There's one thing that doesn't break or change, no matter where people are. Family takes two forms, that of blood and that of relationships,"[/say] he said as he drew. The beings within the image began to take shape as a floating cat-like creature with an insanely-long tail, a couple of really-scrawny young kids of opposing genders standing next to one another with hopeful smiles, a man in an ornate hooded cloak, what looked like a humanoid alligator sporting what would be considered an Egyptian headdress, a large dark-skinned muscular man matching Neos' height holding on his outstretched arm as if it was a chair a really small lady wearing royal garb, and what looked a lot like Neos himself at the false human's back at the top, but minus the hat and necklace he wore. [say]"...even if I want to say otherwise,"[/say] he added cryptically, tapping at the one that could pass as his twin.

[say]"Might be a good thing I've worked with jewelry and alchemy before, might have to use some of those tricks from to make this lantern both look good and fly well into the sky,"[/say] he remarked before glancing at the paints. [say]"Mind passing the paints? Probably should paint this before shaping this."[/say]

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Ray - 12-14-2020

Ray watched with clear curiosity as Neos drew the pattern for his lantern. It was beautiful. "Family truly is a complicated thing, regardless of which form it takes. I'm one of the lucky ones who've had a loving family. Others are so much more complex." She said with a small sigh.

As Ray listened to Neos, she finished painting her lantern. Her lantern was the classic shape with cut out areas that looked like chamomile and coyotes. The holes were covered in thin paper. The edges of the flower cut outs were painted to represent the flower's colors while the edges of the coyote were black like a silhouette. There was a place in the center for a candle that would shine light through the thin paper sections. Ray held it up and smiled. "I think mine is done. What do you think?" She asked as she passed him the paints.

RE: {SE} In remembrance - Neos - 12-19-2020

He couldn't help but smile at seeing the finished lantern Ray had made, nodding at it. [say]"I ain't the best judge, but I'd say it looks good,"[/say] he said with a small chuckle before looking down at the drawing in front of him. He had a hell of a drawing in front of him and he needed to make it at least work in the form of a paper lantern...

The first thing he did, however, was make the shape of the lantern, using metal wiring to create the shape which seemed to be almost like a rounded pyramid with extensions to allow for additional branches of the tree this would be. As he made it, he hoped these wouldn't really have to float...because he confessed to himself in his head that this probably wasn't. Likely was going to be too heavy. Not that he'd mind it, he'd probably keep it for himself and hang it if he ever figured out a more-permanent place for himself to stay.

Once the shape was made, he used the paint thinners and the blended colors of blue, purple and green to make the papers he was going to use to cover most of the lantern with appear as crystalline as possible. The colors were made as transparent, but still visible, as possible to allow for the light to still shine through. He then wrapped the papers around the wire framing with care, allowing for air to flow to avoid suffocating whatever candle may be placed into the center later. He then repeated the process a few times to create the branches, making look more and more like a tree made from living crystal.

He then cut slivers in the paper to allow the light within to shine through it before making figures of the ones he drew before.

The floating, long-tailed cat which was pained to be a pink color with large blue eyes.
The man in the ornate hooded robe, with the robe revealed to be multiple shades of blue while the man himself was pale in skin color.
Himself and another that could pass as his twin intertwined with backs to each other, the twin wearing a pure-purple version of the suit-attire that Neos wore and red eyes instead of green.
A calm-looking female teen with long hair past her waist wearing a dress that covered most of her shape next to a younger male with his hands thrown up to the air with energy. Both of them had brown hair and pale skin, but the girl had violet eyes and the boy had yellow eyes. The girl wore a mostly-grey dress with yellow bands around the neck, wrists and waist. The boy had a white shirt, brown shorts and a yellow scarf around his neck.
The humanoid alligator, wearing flowing light attire and ornate decoration on his head depicting a snake, the colors of the attire being primarily white with accents of gold and red while the figure himself had dark-grey scales.
The giant of a man about Neos's height, painted with brown skin and black armor ornated with gold holding up on a single arm a figure that was not even half his height. She was almost white in comparison, her skin was only minorly-darker in color than her white hair and attire, the latter accented with the pink of her dress and the former adorned with a golden crown.

Once they were shaped around simple wire frames meant to keep them in place and painted, he carefully set them into the tree in various places near where he cut the slivers to allow light through...then painted a set of metal wires to be a light blue color before gently connecting all of the beings in it to one another. Only once he was done did he look back and say with a sheepish chuckle, [say]"...I think I went a tiny bit overboard."[/say]