Court of the Fallen
[Training] count my breaths - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [Training] count my breaths (/showthread.php?tid=4606)

Pages: 1 2

RE: count my breaths - Ronin - 12-20-2020

Ronin is a clash of wills and instincts currently, and as he manages to fling Amalia off his chest the luxere in him wants to leap away. It's still a prey animal for all of the power in the shift, and against a large feline, the urge is to run and spring across the track, not to engage again in a fight. But while that might be what his shift desires, that isn't necessarily Ronin Taliesin's plan.

So Amalia circles around him and the Star follows her with eyes and movements, his chest heaving to catch his breath, his fingers tingling. With teeth bared, he steels himself against the need to flee - it's probably not in his best interests at all, given that she is still a leopard, with claws and teeth that will easily find his flesh. And yet - here they are. Ronin darts forward, a sudden lunge intended to surprise and to get Amalia on the back foot.

If she runs, he'll make chase (dumbass), and if she engages, there will probably be blood. It will probably be his.

RE: count my breaths - Amalia - 12-20-2020

They circle, a mishmash of teeth and fur and all-too-human eyes that glint with hunger for release. Amalia's paws touch the ground as lightly as a feather, prepared to send her springing up or away at the slightest provocation. She watches for an opening, felid and feral, anticipating him to flee from her and her instincts, her strength, her teeth and claws.

It is this anticipation that proves her downfall, for in the mind of a leopard hunting a luxere, she forgets he is the experienced hunter, and she the cocky prey.

The lunge is sudden and surprising, then, too unexpected for Amalia to react with anything like grace. Indeed she does backpedal in alarm, but her dodge is too little and much too late. The antlers and the man catch her chest, sending the girl wheeling back. Even as she tries to twist away she is unsuccessful in a full evasion, managing only to land her forepaws on the ground before the weight of him knocks her feet from under her, leaving her sprawled on the earth, the wind blownfrom her lungs.

RE: count my breaths - Ronin - 12-23-2020

The blow connects, and whilst the man in Ronin is surprised, the luxere most certainly isn't. The victory makes his blue eyes cold, and he stalks after the downed leopard with all of the grace and and slow calm of a predator, even if the animal within him isn't really built for that sort of thing. Crowned by glowing antlers and urged on by a gathering crowd of oohs and aahs, it's like being back in the fighting pits.

Luckily, Ronin isn't fully shifted, because his hooves and his bulk could do some serious damage for what he tries to do next. Even so, his boot comes up, intending to stomp down on the big cat. It's a stupid and arrogant move; Ronin has forgotten one of the biggest lessons about cats. They've got claws as well as teeth, and they're like fucking liquids when it comes to getting out of the way of things.

RE: count my breaths - Amalia - 01-03-2021

If it were Amalia calling the shots the fight might be over now, but she has given the reigns to Ronin, and must face the consequences of that choice. Still she takes advantage of the quiet moment between falling to the ground and his next attack, heaving a breath and steeling herself as heavy footsteps shake the ground, warning her that it's not over yet.

Cats are liquid, an observable fact, and one that saves Amalia now from the boot that suddenly blots out the sun, threatening to crush her beneath its force. Her body contorts and wriggles in a way it certainly couldn't be expected to and yet would surprise nobody, fluidly pulling away from the descending shoe while simultaneously reaching towards the leg, claws and teeth both attempting to sink into the soft flesh beneath his pants.

As Amalia tries to cling to Ronin's leg with teeth and claws, the rest of her body shifts and change, growing exponentially and changing in color and shape. The claws remain, but the hindquarters and bulk of a qilin now accompany them, an increased mass she attempts to slam into the Dark Star, hoping the huge rack of antlers will have a negative impact on his overall balance.

RE: count my breaths - Ronin - 01-04-2021

Yep, there it is. Ronin plunges his foot down and he gets a just dessert as his reward, if a dessert came in the form of teeth, claws, and a qilin slamming into him. Amalia judges well and she's skilled with her shifts, the Star's antlers overbalancing him considerably as he staggers back. With a hissed curse, he goes down with all the grace expected of a toppled stag, the huge rack disappearing so he can try and catch his breath, to curl in on himself.

[say]"Aight, I was stupid,"[/say] he wheezes after a while, trying to peer up at her. There's perhaps a small smile on his face, pained as it is, and he tosses Amalia a lazy salute. [say]"Shall we call it quits for now, or do you want to beat my ass some more first?"[/say] he asks, huffing out another breath and rolling to carefully sit himself up.

RE: count my breaths - Amalia - 01-07-2021

It's an exhilarating thing, victory, and as Amalia rises and Ronin falls a deep satisfaction roars in her breast, the thrill of success literally igniting qilin mane and tail. Breathing heavily she stares at Ronin, for a moment taut and teetering dangerously between solidifying her success and standing down.

Then she blinks and the feral rage is gone, replaced by the very human, very nonviolent Shield.

She straightens as her body shifts, human limbs and fingers and nails replacing the amalgamation of animal shifts. Only her leopard ears remain, and the tail, and perhaps some rosettes on her back and shoulders and the nubs of lilac horns. But the hand she extends to Ronin is soft and familiar, and the smile bashful yet vibrant and flushed.

[Say]"Please- we both know you were holding back."[/say] Mort knows Amalia has seen - and felt - how fierce Ronin can be without restraint. Glancing over her shoulder at the murmuring, growing crowd, the girl grimaces with a small shudder. [Say]"Besides, if you hadn't taken me down your fanclub would. Come on- let's get out of here before I'm murdered by dragoons. Please."[/say]

RE: count my breaths - Ronin - 01-08-2021

Ronin gives Amalia all the time she needs to come around - gods know he needs it as well, letting his breath slow and his bruises-to-be make themselves known. She reaches to help him up and he claps his hand in hers, drawing himself to his feet with a huff of gratitude. [say]"Holding back is as much a training tool as going all out,"[/say] he tells her with a lopsided grin, glancing as well at the dragoons clustering around him.

Raising a hand to wave at the ones he knows by sight, Ronin happily leads on nonetheless, snorting at the idea that Amalia will be in even a small bit of danger from the other soldiers. [say]"You could fight them all off with one hand tied behind your back,"[/say] he says, nonetheless slinging an arm around her narrow shoulders to lead them away out of the training area. [say]"Thanks, though. That was the kind of distraction I needed today, I think."[/say] He smiles.

~FIN