Court of the Fallen
[PQ] I want to make things that count - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [PQ] I want to make things that count (/showthread.php?tid=4632)

Pages: 1 2

I want to make things that count - Amun - 11-17-2020

Amun had decided that the Artisan's Guild needed a makeover and an expansion. And if he managed to recruit a few members through this, so much the better. So he'd done an inspection of the building, gathered a bunch of supplies, and then posted a Notice asking for help.

After night fell, he lit torches so any non-Ascended wouldn't have trouble. Then he settled in to wait, leaning against the doorframe. As he did, he whistled a few notes. Zhanshi circled at the potter's feet. Every once in a while, the landshark would bite down on the toes of the Ascended's boots and he'd grin down at his companion.

This is a PQ to help refurbish the Artisan's Guild! There are two open spots, but more can be made available upon request.

1. Henry
2. Aisha

RE: I want to make things that count - Henry - 11-17-2020

The eagle floated through the air just above the buildings. A cool breeze swirled through the dark feathers of his crest. His golden eyes scanned the grounds for a particular place, one that was very familiar to him. Upon seeing the shape of the potter, he glided down to the ground several feet in front of him, to allow for proper room.

He tilted his body upwards as he closed in, using his wings to slow his descent. It took all of his effort to slow himself down (so that he would not have a repeat of the incident with Belril). Only he misjudged it, again, and his talons slammed against the ground gracelessly. He flapped his wings a few times to prevent himself from a painful faceplant.

And then he was Henry again, tall rather than long. He stood there with a grin on his face, feeling a little embarrassed by his landing skills once again. He took a few steps towards the man in the doorway, glancing down at the landshark by his feet, [say]"Uh... sorry, it's faster to travel that way,"[/say] he let out a breathy laugh, [say]"I'm Henry. I came here to help with whatever you need, if you'll have me. You are the one who posted the notice, right?"[/say]

RE: I want to make things that count - Aisha - 11-17-2020

Aisha was making her trip to Halo in only a couple days now, having sent Deimos a letter and begun preparing a bag of things. She only planned for this to be a few days, but if she liked it she might stay. Who knows? In the past month a strange weight had been lifted from her, all the pressure to stay and force the grounds to be home. A notion she'd clung to for a year now, but finally she'd realized her fate was in her own hands. She wasn't a princess who's job was to make her kingdom strong, she was just a girl with obligations to friends and family.

Despite this, she was still searching for people to help in the grounds, as a piece of her would always be here in the friends she'd made. She'd likely frequent here often to visit Oliver anyway, she had no intention of performing a feat of disappearance. Today she'd followed a notice posted for aiding Amun with the Artisan's guild. He for instance, was one of those people here in the grounds that she liked, and would happily help when asked.

She'd prowled in her leopard form, stretching the cats mighty legs as she made from the manor to guild, a bright light that meshed with the golds of leafchange. When she made it to her destination she found herself in the company of more than one friend, Amun and his landshark, as well as a familiar bird boy (what was it with her and bird boys?). Her tail raised in contentedness, she trotted forwards, sidling up next to Henry and letting her flank brush his knees as she passed.

With a quick display of the old god's blessing, she shifted to her human vestige, resting her hand on the man's shoulder. [say]"You're in the right place,"[/say] a mischievous smirk and her attention returned to Amun, [say]"Good to see you again, I'm here to help too."[/say]

RE: I want to make things that count - Amun - 11-18-2020

As the eagle flew towards Amun, he tilted his head to watch it, eyes narrowing slightly. It landed (well, it was more of a controlled crash), and shifted into a person. The potter grinned at the sight. [say]"No need to apologize. You alright?"[/say]

Zhanshi made a motion towards the stranger and the Ascended planted his foot in front of the landshark. [say]"No biting."[/say] Amun's companion bit down on the potter's boot instead and wiggled it a bit before returning to circling at the Ascended's feet.

[say]"Whatever I need, hm?"[/say] Winking, he let his gaze trail over the other man's body. As the potter did, he licked his lips. [say]"I might just take you up on that."[/say] Chuckling, he smirked a bit. [say]"But yes, I posted the notice, and I'm happy to have you."[/say]

Then a big cat strolled up and the Ascended had to scoop up Zhanshi to stop the landshark from doing something dumb in the face of a larger predator. Zhanshi wriggled a bit in Amun's arms before settling in to nibble on the potter's fingers. Then the leopard turned into Aisha again, and he grinned. [say]"Showing off your tricks again?"[/say]

Letting Zhanshi float back to the ground, the Ascended nodded at his helpers. [say]"Thank you both for coming! We've got a couple of tasks. First, the outside needs to be repainted. Second, the storeroom is all out of sorts."[/say] Indeed, half the supplies were rotting or broken and the other half were in the completely wrong place. [say]"I'll be upgrading some of the workshops themselves, if you two want to divvy up those other two jobs."[/say] He waited for them to decide and to see if they had any questions.

No post order! Please summarize which task your character selects and how they start to do it at the bottom of your next reply.

RE: I want to make things that count - Henry - 11-18-2020

[say]"Yes! Fine! It happens all the time."[/say] A surprised look passed over his face as he met the man in the doorway, and he looked him over flirtatiously. The lick of his lips sent a small flush to Henry's cheeks. He glanced away with a coy smirk, using his hand to rub the back of his neck as he tried to think of a response. [say]"Well, yes, depending..."[/say] He noticed the lack of movement in the man's muscular body; the lack of breath. So he was an Ascended. Cool. [say]"...but if you ever want to see what it's like to fly, I can help with that."[/say]

He turned at the familiar sound of paw pads against the ground, knowing the sound all too well from his attuned brother's shift. It was not his brother who approached but, a leopard that prowled towards them beneath the firelight. Its pelt was an impressive assortment of colors; he had never seen one so up close and personal before. He eyed her with interest as she brushed against the side of his leg.

Suddenly the cat was shifting and changing, and beside him stood Aisha. He tilted his head at her, a coquettish smile on his face as his eyes narrowed playfully at her. [say]"Am I..?"[/say] he said with a soft challenge, his breath parting the gold curls of hair that brushed by his head. He was quite comfortable with her hand on his shoulder, very slightly leaning in towards her.

[say]"Right,"[/say] he nodded when the instructions were given out and he looked over at Aisha again, [say]"I'll take whatever task is left."[/say] Truly, he didn't care. He was more than capable of either one, they were simple enough. So it was up to her preference. He raised an eyebrow at her as he awaited her decision, the corner of his lip turning up.

Henry will take what task is left once Aisha picks.

RE: I want to make things that count - Aisha - 11-18-2020

Henry didn't move from her touch, instead he leaned slightly in, his breath catching a curl that so confidently had placed it's in his face. Her hair was certainly an extension of her personality; just as wild and untamable. She turned at his words, catching his gaze and narrowing her eyes in response. [say]"Are you?"[/say] she repeated, quirking a brow before turning her attention back to Amun and the task ahead.

[say]"Didn't want you to forget,"[/say] she replied with a playful shrug, a kinetic air to her as she flowed with energy. She was ready to get started, and happy to be among friends. There was then a brief introduction, a sobering speech that reminded her that she was primarily here to aid, not socialize, and she gave a sturdy nod as the potter finished naming tasks. Henry so kindly opted for whatever was left over, Aisha removed her hand from his shoulder and grabbed a pinch at his cheek before he could protest.

[say]"You're too sweet, in that case I'll take the storeroom,"[/say] Aisha was always a stickler for things being neat, and her organizational inclinations would prove to be useful. She moved past the others, headed inside to the store room where she took stock of what needed to be done. First things first was the obvious trash, the rubble and debris left behind to waste and rot. She started collecting them and placing them in a pile, neatly and at the entrance.

Aisha starts in the store room, separating the good supplies from the rotting and bad ones.

RE: I want to make things that count - Amun - 11-18-2020

Amun grinned at the other man. [say]"You'll take me to places I've never been eh?"[/say] Chuckling, the potter held out his hand for the stranger to shake. [say]"Amun Arlun at your service."[/say]

Glancing between the other man and Aisha, the Ascended smirked. [say]"Get a room you two,"[/say] he teased. Turning to the woman, he raised an eyebrow. [say]"How could I forget you? Again?"[/say] He winked at her.

Nodding as they hashed out who would do what, Amun headed inside. He moved towards the nearest worktable: it had a clamp that had somehow gotten warped. Laying his hand on it, he activated his upgrade, restoring the metal to its proper shape.

In moving some of the rotten goods, Aisha would discover a little surprise. She'd disturb some mice that had taken up residence in the storeroom. Best to relocate those.

Outside, the painting awaited Henry.

No post order! Please summarize your characters actions at the bottom of your next reply.

Aisha disturbs some mice in the storeroom.
Amun starts working on repairing some of the workshops.

RE: I want to make things that count - Henry - 11-19-2020

Henry chuckled in good nature at Amun's comment. He extended his hand in official introduction and Henry stepped forward to take it, gripping it with intention. [say]"It's a pleasure to officially meet you,"[/say] He couldn't recount the amount of times his father had told him how important a good, strong handshake was for first impressions - and he always followed that advice.

As far as him and Aisha getting a room went, Henry raised his eyebrows with a devilish grin. [say]"Careful what you wish for, Amun."[/say] That was, until she pinched the looser skin of his cheek and he refocused on her again, offering her a playful mock-glare. He watched as the two of them went off in their own directions, Amun choosing to repair some tables {with ease} and Aisha heading for the store room. [say]"If either of you need a hand, don't be afraid to ask!"[/say] he called after them with a reassuring smile.

Focusing on his own task, the painting, Henry approached a few cans of paint, accompanied by some brushes of varying sizes. He grabbed a can and deposited it near the place he intended on starting, using his pocket knife to crack the can open. The rest of the process was uncomplicated; pick up the brush, spread the paint evenly over the wood, repeat. He had done this many times over for the barn and the house. He began to whistle a tune without thinking.

Henry sets to work on painting with the provided resources(?)!

RE: I want to make things that count - Aisha - 11-19-2020

Aisha laughed at Amun's remark, a boisterous barking laugh. Henry gave his own response, and Aisha watched in amusement as it played out. What a fun group of people they were, it would certainly make the task ahead more bearable. Henry took her cheek pinch with a scowl, to which Aisha shot him a smirk, exerting the wild and confident aura she was known for.

The task at hand, moving rubble, Aisha had gone through quite a bit of the trash before moving towards a corner of the room. When she lifted an old rotting bucket, a few small rodents scurried out, squealing as they ran. Amun probably didn't want those running around his store room and tunneling into his goods, so she shifted, once again using the cat's prowess to her advantage. Maneuvering far easier around rubble and debris, and with better focused eyes, she honed in on the mice and pounced after them, seeking to snag their tails with tooth and claw.

Aisha turns into her leopard form to try and catch the mice.

RE: I want to make things that count - Amun - 11-19-2020

[say]"Nice to meet you too."[/say] Amun's grip was firm as well, and despite his flirtatious tone, brief and businesslike. Grinning at Henry's response, the potter winked. [say]"Listen, you can do it right in front of me if you really want, but if you do at least invite me to join."[/say] Waggling his eyebrows, he gave the other man a wave.

As the Ascended walked to his next task, he called out over his shoulder at Henry. [say]"Don't worry. I'll let you know where I want your hands."[/say] With that Amun left the other man to his painting. The cans proved more stubborn than normal, so it took Henry more time and effort than expected to open them. Therefore, he made very little progress on the actual painting.

Thankfully, things proceeded more smoothly inside. Shifting into a leopard did indeed help Aisha catch a few mice. The rest of them, freaked out at the sudden appearance of the massive predator, and fled through a small hole in the wall. It would probably be a good idea for her to plug that somehow.

Meanwhile, Amun moved on to the tool racks and tools themselves. Some of the metal shelving had started to buckle under the weight. Frowning, he brushed his hands over them, strengthening the metal and bolstering it with some of the metal from the bracelets he'd taken to wearing.

No post order! Please summarize your characters actions at the bottom of your next post.

Henry was slightly successful at painting.
Aisha was very successful at catching and chasing off the mice. She found the hole they've been using to get in and out.
Amun was very successful and repairing some shelving.

RE: I want to make things that count - Henry - 11-21-2020

Henry chuckled softly at Amun's statement and shook his head, grinning as he mumbled, [say]"Fair enough."[/say] As for Aisha, he met her vivid eyes with the provocation of his own. Although, for the time being, he let her get away with pinching his cheek. He did fully intend on getting her back, however.

He was surprised to find that the task did not go as smoothly as intended. Stray paint had dried along the edges and the cans had clearly not been put to much use as of recently, so the seal was proving especially stubborn. Though it wasn't a big deal, of course. He took the extra time to carve his blade through the seal patiently, so as not to break either one.

Once he was finally able to pop one of the cans open and the strong scent of fresh paint hit his nostrils, he let out a small sigh. He picked up a thick brush and wet it with the paint, turning towards the faded wall to actually begin painting. He used quick, broad strokes.

Inside, he could hear the sounds of squeaking mice followed by the predatory rumblings of a big cat. He smirked quietly to himself, stepping back to see how the paint was looking now.

Henry uses his knife to carefully cut open the stubborn seal, and gets started on painting with a big brush. :D

RE: I want to make things that count - Aisha - 11-22-2020

Keen eyes and quick claws helped the leopardess snatch up quite a few of the mice, catching their tails between her teeth and gently letting them dangle. Then so took them squealing the the entrance and tossed them out on to the streets, [say]And stay out,[/say] she purred to herself, turning and bounding back into the store room. She scoured the area for any stragglers, and returned just in time to see the last of them slip through a hole in the wall.

Filling that would certainly be the next step, any work she did organizing would be for naught if pests got in and shit on everything. So she quickly grabbed an old leather bound book from the trash pile and stuck it in front of the hole, just so nothing else could come in for now. Then she headed out to find Amun, peering around corners until she caught his well cut form working with some shelving.

[say]"Could I borrow a hammer? Found a hole near the floor in the store room where mice were getting in and I wanna board it up,"[/say] she asked, reaching out a hand for the tool should he give her one. Then she would return to the store room, find a small scrap of wood and nail it over the hole. Crude, but it would hopefully work for now. They could always shove a shelf in front of it for increased aesthetic appeal.

Aisha asks for supplies to nail a piece of wood over the hole!

RE: I want to make things that count - Amun - 11-23-2020

This time around, Henry's care and patience would pay off. He'd be able to open the remaining cans with no difficulty. The painting would move on apace, and he'd make a decent amount of progress. However, the guild was a large building, and he still had a ways to go.

When Aisha would poke her head out of the storeroom, Amun would raise an eyebrow at her. Taking a hammer off the newly repaired shelves, he held it out for her. Moving on to his next task, he arrived at the forge. Scowling when he saw that the anvil, of all things, had gone missing, he shook his head.

Then metal shot out of him, bound to his wrists. Chains snagged on scrap metal all over the air and pulled it towards him. Once he'd assembled a pile, he laid his hands on it. It rippled and morphed until he had a new anvil in place. All in all, it took relatively little time.

Back in the storeroom, Aisha would get to work hammering. Her patchwork job wasn't particularly pretty, but it would indeed work for now. Of course, she still had her sorting to do.

No post order! Please summarize your characters actions at the bottom of your next post.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Henry succeeded at prying open the paint cans and painting this round.
Aisha slightly succeeded at hammering in a makeshift barrier for the whole.
Amun succeeded at repairing the anvil.

RE: I want to make things that count - Henry - 11-24-2020

Henry was satisfied with his work so far as he looked over the even coat of fresh paint. He couldn't help feeling a little overwhelmed by the fact that he had a lot more to do, though. Well, no time to waste then. He slathered more paint onto another section of the wall.

Henry turned his head at the sight of the big spotted she-cat in the doorway, evicting a few unwanted guests. He carried on with his painting when he realized there might be something easier to use inside.

Setting down the one he had in the can of paint, he entered the building with a curious look in his eyes. He looked around to see what Aisha and Amun were doing, when all of the sudden chains from Amun's arms began to collect metal from around the room. The metal molded and morphed until it was an anvil. Henry watched on in stunned silence. Then, deciding it might be better to leave Amun to his work, he made his way over to the store room to find Aisha.

[say]"Hey, Aisha?"[/say]

He stopped in the doorway, leaning his arm against it and peering around to see what she was up to in there. There was a splatter of paint across one of his cheeks that he hadn't noticed. [say]"You didn't happen to see any big paint brushes in here, did you? Maybe a roller and a pan?"[/say]

Henry's asking for a paint roller and pan. If he can get those, he'll set them up to paint.