Court of the Fallen
orange is a hungry colour - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: orange is a hungry colour (/showthread.php?tid=4798)

Pages: 1 2

orange is a hungry colour - Ronin - 12-17-2020

There's no method any more, only madness. Ronin doesn't know how many days it has been, since his run in with Cian at the White Hart. He doesn't even know if he's slept since, honestly. But the Dragoons have been given the training of a lifetime, the Star near fanatical in his focus and dedication with them. The only price for that, ultimately, is declining to take care of himself. How that leads to him plucking the petals off the orange flower in the middle of his bunk is beyond anyone's imagination, but here we are.

And at first it's excellent. Ronin's sane ghostly self watches with awe as he successfully polishes off an entire side of roast beef, followed by a whole cake and a flagon of ale. Now, though? It's beyond a joke, and so he turns up at the medical clinic with an armful of sweet cinnamon buns, cheeks puffed out with one still half consumed. He shouts out what is supposed to be Doctor Hart, halp! but it sounds much more like a monster climbing out of a swamp. Go figure, the Star is a special one.

RE: orange is a hungry colour - October - 12-17-2020

Were you sleeping in your office? Of course you were. Even so, the mumbled, 'octor 'ar'! was enough to not only rouse you, but to send you stumbling from sleepy to completely awake in an instant. Tugging a sweater over the tank top you'd been sleeping in, you march into the waiting room expecting to see some midnight-trauma, but no, it's far better/worse than that.

It's Ronin. With..snacks?

Attractive as Ronin is, he's certainly looked better. There are food stains all over him, and even as he chomps at the cinnamon bun in his hands, you can see bits of..meat?..on the side of his face. [say]"Hey Ronin. You're looking..."[/say] You trail off, not entirely sure how you were planning on ending that sentence. [say]"We try not to have too much food in here. Hygiene, and all that."[/say] You add with an almost apologetic smile, hopefully cutting him off before he invited himself into one of the exam rooms or your office.

RE: orange is a hungry colour - Ronin - 12-17-2020

There's a degree of panicked outrage in Ronin's gaze as he furiously devours the rest of the cinnamon bun in his mouth, and he dramatically flings an arm out to scatter the other buns to the ground in the waiting area. [say]"I can't,"[/say] he says simply, distractedly wiping the back of his sleeve across his mouth even as he leans down to collect one of the sticky buns off the tiles. [say]"Oh gods fucking damn it not off the flo--"[/say] Yeah, Ronin is cut off by feeding himself more snacks.

Distractedly, he manages to fish a handful of orange petals out of his back pocket, and flings them at Tobi as well. Quite what that's meant to imply is beyond either of them, and with a grumble of frustration, he flumps to the ground in a sea of buns. Behind all of this, of course, the ghostly version of Ronin has buried his head in his hands, but no degree of I think I can is helping here.

Now, you don't know much about Ronin, but you do know that he's far more complex than you originally gave him credit for. So...seeing him through food on the floor and then proceed to eat it might be the sort of thing that's entirely in character for him.

Do demigods have this high of a metabolism?

As he suddenly throws petals at you, you wonder if this isn't the strangest start to a date you've ever been on—it's flowers and sweets sort-of—but you can't help the deep frown that tugs at your lips and the line of concern that forms between your eyebrows. Also, he's married.

Hey wait, maybe that's it.

[say]"Ronin, are you alright? Did you and Remi have a fight?"[/say]

[say]"'o 'en't 'd a figh'--"[/say] It comes out as a muffled whine, like the petals should have been enough for her to understand, and he throws another cinammon bun at her feet for good measure. (Not at her face, that's ungentlemanly). Still the situation has progressed to being ridiculous enought that he tries to do more than just hope he can wrangle control of himself, and with a sudden and intense burst of concentration, he tries to explain himself.

[say]"Got magic flowers from Safrin. Different colours - different emotions, when I pull off the petals. Orange is a hungry colour, Tobi. Did you know that?"[/say] He throws himself back then, melodramatic and hungry and wondering vaguely whether the sleeve of his sweater will still taste like beef.

Maybe if you'd ever had a child or were more of a pediatrician, you'd be better at understanding Ronin as he speaks with his mouthful. You think it's something about a fight, but he looks fine. Then again for a demigod like Ronin, maybe that doesn't mean much. As he lobs another cinnamon bun toward your feet, you deftly sidestep away, crossing your arms as you lean against the counter.

As he explains however, your expression moves from mild frustration and confusion to outright amusement. Stifling a snort in the back of your throat, you move to where Ronin is swimming in pastries on the ground, placing a hand on his shoulder. [say]"You're an absolute idiot."[/say] You chuckle warmly, moving to the side as he dramatically swans fully onto the ground.

[say]"So...this is some sort of Safrin..quest? And something about that flower has made you hungry. Really hungry."[/say] Closer to him now, you can smell the marinade of the beef as well as the icing of the cake, and it makes your stomach turn.

[say]"Well, we know how much sedative it takes you knock you out. Or I could tie you down—you'd mentioned you were into that before."[/say] All of this is said with a slanted smile. Now that you know it isn't a medical emergency—Ronin being hungry doesn't seem dangerous to his health—you're finding it hard to take seriously. This rugged man, more powerful than any you've ever known, quite literally brought to his knees by a flower and his own hunger.

It's fairly adorable.

She calls him an idiot and he rewards her by seizing another bun - and this time he doesn't aim at her feet, shooting a wounded glance her way that can't help but be amused by the fact that she is amused. [say]"Shut up, Tobi,"[/say] he whines, already sucking on the hem of his sleeve before he's noticed it. Slapping his own hand away and forcing himself to sit up, his stomach rumbles loudly. Where is the food going? Only goddesses know the answer to that one.

[say]"It's so I can... y'know..."[/say] He waves a hand obviously, and the push of concentration allows his projection to appear to start collecting up the discarded pastries. [say]"I think I just need to power through and control it, but fuck I didn't realise that things were so tasty."[/say] All of this is mumbled back around his sleeve, Ronin groaning at himself in frustration and rubbing at his eyes.

[say]"Can you distract me? Or feed me?"[/say] He asks hopefully.

You watch as Ronin's right hand sulks and his left hand scolds it, finding this display wholly satisfying to see.

No you don't know, but as Ronin's projection appears, you can only surmise that it's something magic-related. This is something you've absolutely no experience with, and you're about to tell Ronin as much just as he asks for your help. Now, it's in your nature to provide assistance whenever and however you can, but...[say]"Ronin, I'm not a babysitter. I have very important doctorly things to do."[/say] You don't. You'd been sleeping. Instantly you feel guilty for the lie.

[say]"We could...play ball? Or go for a run?"[/say] Well, not a run-run, but you think you'd be more than game to chase a luxere around the square a few times.

[say]"I know. I know, I'm sorry."[/say] Ronin buries his head in his hands, like he knows he's being a pain in the ass (it's something he's been feeling a lot lately, since coming to Stormbreak, but hey whatever that can go on the list of shit he's not dealing with). The projection finishes collecting the pastries and he determinedly guides it over to the wastebasket to dump them, though he wouldn't put it past himself to eat them out of the bin if Tobi so much as turns her back.

The suggestion of a run is a godsend, in truth, and he gets himself on his feet and dismisses the projection before he can change his mind. [say]"Yes please. Just for like... half an hour of your time, then I'll be on my way,"[/say] he promises, rubbing at his forehead and leaving a streak of cake icing behind. [say]"Lead the way."[/say]

Shifting, you put your paws on Ronin's shoulders to lick away the icing on his forehead. It probably isn't good for you, but that's a later-you problem. Barking, and then realizing belatedly that you can actually speak to him, you back off that your four paws might be on the ground, tail wagging happily. [say]Not sure I have the stamina for half an hour, but I'll try.[/say]

Barking, you wait for Ronin to open the doors of the clinic (assuming he's planning on staying human until he's outside, given his large bulk). You're quite excited for this actually, having never properly seen a luxere before. Dropping your lead low, tail wagging, you dart forward as if you're going to nip at Roni's heels, before flying off with a dopey grin on your muzzle.

[say]"Hey, whoa!"[/say] He can't help but laugh as the large paws press to his shoulders and an enthusiastic tongue licks his forehead, and for a second he's there, in control, mastering the emotion in lieu of something he wants to do instead. Then Tobi is gone again and Ronin really has to consider not dumpster diving for cinnamon buns; he drags himself to his feet and leads them to the doors of the clinic before he can change his mind.

It's as the canine darts forward only to bolt away again that he lets it all go, heading out into the square and shivering at the brisk, Leafchange wind. Then Ronin is off, shifting mid-run, hooves hitting the stone and propelling him forward after Tobi. [say]Half an hour, five minutes, it doesn't bother me,[/say] he decides, tossing his head and positively prancing after her.

Barking animatedly at the deer, you continue to dart toward him before scuttling off again, usually with your tail comically between your legs. Berner's aren't known for their athleticism, and so your turns are slow and clumsy, but the large smile and flop of your ears more than makeup for it.

[say]Come on! Show me what you got![/say] You encourage, your paws digging in the soil of a rather lovely flower bed. Not only would you never be caught doing something like this outside of this body, but you can't remember the last time you were so animated and had such energy. Was this a side-effect of the petals Ronin threw at you?

Was this what magic felt like?

The turns are slow enough that he doesn't startle - the last thing Ronin wants to do is accidentally rear up or kick or stomp on Tobi, since his hooves mean business on a good day - and he soon picks up his pace to run after her. Snorting and leaping elegantly over a low wall towards the flowerbed, he's soon charging straight past her with antlers blazing, the thunder of his steps vibrating up and throughout his body.

Soon enough he's forgotten all about being hungry, turning about to trot back towards the pup, seeming very proud of himself. [say]I'm not going to be digging in any flowerbeds,[/say] he informs her with a warm laugh, though his head does lower to inspect a particularly sweet smelling bloom.

RE: orange is a hungry colour - October - 12-20-2020

You snap your tooth at the luxere's snout, but it's all in good fun. With your tail wiggling enough to warble through your whole body. [say]Yeah, wouldn't want to get any of that pretty fur dirty.[/say] You chuckle back. Something about this form brings out your playfulness in a way you're just not capable of as a human. Not to mention the fact you'd not be caught dead ruining someone's hard work as you currently are now.

Grabbing a flower that you've now fully dug up, you snatch it between your teeth and haul-ass away, pausing only long enough to make sure that Ronin was giving chase. Why? Why not? Something in you told you to grab and then run, and since Ronin was the closest thing to having a pack in this moment, you needed him to come too.