Court of the Fallen
to boldly go - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: to boldly go (/showthread.php?tid=5019)

Pages: 1 2

to boldly go - Isla - 02-12-2021

It's done. Isla's thoughts are filled with masses of colour, with specimens that begged for further inspection, with medicines she might be able to try if only they had thought to bring sample containers with them. But wild and wonderful as it was to get out, to get anywhere that wasn't the stone grey of the Hollowed Grounds, now it is time to return. LongNight is almost upon them, and the medic has to be there. She's got a role to play in all of this, much as she'd like to steal away to the Feverlands for the remainder of Deepfrost.

She's brushing herself off to give Remi time to shift back and do whatever he needs to in terms of not-being-a-manticore (and Isla knows on a personal level now, how difficult that savagery can be to quell). It has snowed again and the moon shines a weak light onto the Outskirts, lending everything a ghostly pallor. [say]"Thank you again,"[/say] she says softly. [say]"For bringing me along with you."[/say]

RE: to boldly go - Remi - 02-12-2021

It does take a moment for the alchemist to swallow down his predatory urges and to clear his mind of primal and violent thoughts. Though his cheeks are still splotchy with colour from their flight, his eyes are crisp and green again.

Remi isn't terribly cold, but still he shivers slightly in the sour moonlight. [say]"I'm the one who should be saying thank you."[/say] He chuckles, smiling crookedly at the thought of their misadventure because we all know there will be one. [say]'What did you think? Of flying?'[/say] With Juniper around they hadn't really had a proper chance to debrief about the experience lest they give away Isla's true race. But now, alone with only the snow falling silent about them, Remi is curious to know what a mind like Isla's made of her time as something so completely foreign.

RE: to boldly go - Isla - 02-12-2021

Remi shivers and Isla has to stifle the instinctive urge to move closer; she can't share body heat she doesn't possess, after all, not to mention it would be thoroughly unprofessional. [say]"Well, we can just thank each other and be done with it. If you ever want to go on any more trips like that, let me know."[/say] They both know she'll jump at the opportunity, and there's no need to try and deny it.

Talk of flight almost has something dreamy coming over her expression, which is strange in itself given how logical the medic usually is. [say]"I have never experienced anything like that before,"[/say] she confesses. [say]"Perhaps it was because it was a manticore, but it was a whole body feeling. Freedom, power... for something so huge, there's so much grace in it."[/say] She offers him a bashful sort of smile. [say]"I feel like I should thank you for that."[/say]

[say]'I do indeed plan on many more trips.'[/say] Remi confirms with a sly smile, his mind not at all focused on the amount of distance between them. He'd never had to overthink his proximity to Isla before, but in the wake of all that had happened (and all that will surely happen, now that she's empty of his ability), his mind is annoyingly consumed by it.

[say]"And here I thought you said you were done with thank-yous.'[/say] Folding his arms across his chest (what else was he meant to do with his hands, after all), Remi nods his understanding. [say]"It really is like nothing else. Even flying as a hawk, there is something about being that sort of apex predator that is indescribable."[/say]

[say]"I'd love to return to the Feverlands, as well as going somewhere new,"[/say] she admits. [say]"It was hard to do as a manticore, but I feel as though there is so much knowledge packed away there, waiting."[/say] Isla's sigh is one of exquisite longing, though there's a thread of fierce curiosity that runs through her (not much change there).

Scoffing at his sass, Isla takes the opportunity to elbow Remi lightly as he folds his arms, the medic tucking a lock of fair hair back behind her ear. He's right though, about being a manticore, and she tilts her head up towards the stars, like she can feel the wind through her feathers again. [say]"Yeah,"[/say] she agrees, huffing out a sudden breath and flashing him a grin.

[say]"I don't want to keep you in the cold for too long, or from Mateo for any longer than you've already been away, so..."[/say] She shrugs and spreads her hands. [say]"Shall we do this? So it's ready before LongNight?"[/say]

[say]'Well, next time I can do the flying. Or...well, if there isn't anyone watching, sharing forms won't be such an issue."[/say] Remi's cheeks flush a little at this. He should feel neutral about letting Isla bite him, but of course he didn't. He looked forward to it, his mind both wanting to concoct reasons for the bites to happen in dark places, but also to want to keep his distance as much as possible.

Remi chuckles as he's elbowed, though the huff of air that leaves his lips was a breath he'd been holding, leaving him sucking in a frigid and frosty breath to compensate that leaves him feeling cold. [say]'Next time you'll have to try partially shifting."[/say] He suggests as two tawny wings unfurl from his back. It's done both to punctuate what he's just said as much as to create a veil for what is about to happen next.

[say]"Yeah.."[/say] It's softly said, the colour on his cheeks and the mixture of anticipation and reservation in his eyes clear and bright despite the pale moonlight above. Taking a step forward, his wings arching up and around them, encircling them completely, Remi leans his head down as his arms fall to his sides.

It's a line they keep straying closer towards, Isla finds, but she's heedless to walk away as well. Having been closer to Remi than most can claim (what with being literally bonded to him for some time), it's all too easy to make excuses for situations like this. Because she knows what he knows; she can understand the tightrope that they walk along. And yet as his wings spread out, she kids herself that it's to ward off against the cold rather than to hide all that's about to happen.

[say]"Perhaps not next time. After Longnight though, you're on,"[/say] she murmurs, stepping into the shield of feathers that shrouds them and rising up on her toes even as he leans down. As before, her hand moves up to clasp against one side of his neck, her lips pressing to the other. Remi smells like the sky and the snow - even with her diminished senses she can tell that much - and although she wants to pause in this moment, she doesn't.

Indeed, there's even less hesitation than in the clinic, Isla's fangs slipping effortlessly into Remi's veins, setting her body on fire.

[say]'After LongNight, then."[/say] He agrees in a whisper, the words feeling secretive not only because assuming anyone will live through LongNight has always been a gamble, but also because planning for more of this feels dangerous. But gods how he can't help himself.

Her balance is likely impeccable if only because her body was created for precision, but still one of Remi's arms sweeps across her lower back to steady her. She doesn't linger, and perhaps that's for the best. The bubble of tension in which stupid things might be said or thought is instantly popped. Though what comes next is not necessarily any easier to bear.

His ears don't hear the way he moans against her, nor does he realize how his hand—previously gentle against her lower back—is now insistent. Stepping forward against her as if they might blend into one another as they once had when Isla's mind and his were one, Remi's fingers reach up to tangle into her blonde hair. Both of his hands now hold her against him, anchoring her hips to his and holding firm the seal of her mouth to his neck. The chemicals burn brightly all through him, and he's suddenly furious and frustrated that their stranded alone in the middle of nowhere where nothing can come between them, and nothing can happen.

Remi clasps her close and Isla melts against him, her body melding against his as though it was made for such a purpose. It's almost natural, by now, to let her arm curl around his neck, fingers plunging into soft curls, and for her free hand to wind about him in turn. He might not hear himself but Isla can all but feel the moan thrumming through him, and she arches closer as if to incite more - more of what, however, is anyone's guess.

Because it can't happen, and they both know it. And yet she still holds on longer than necessary, longer than it has taken to cipher away the manticore shift, and heat curls further in her belly, tingling throughout her limbs. It's with an exquisite hum of distress that Isla finally releases him, though she doesn't move away - far from it. Her lips press again to his neck - a kiss, this time, an attempt to somehow stretch out this time even though the moment already has to end.

What Remi knows is lost utterly to the wims and wants of his body. Overdosed and drowning in what pours from Isla's teeth makes the delights of his senses his primary focus. Reckless in his desire and secure in the knowledge that he can last and last and last like this, as she pulls away, his mind burns red with adolescent fury that what he wants might dare to be removed.

[say]"No,"[/say] He growls, his words rough and unsteady. [say]"Gods I want you."[/say] Remi all but pleads, the words spoken from a place deep and dark, that craves and hungers for the woman in his arms. The hand in her hair tangles harder as Remi presses his neck against her lips, his fingers trying to guide her head back against him.

He wants to kiss her, to take her in his arms or press her against the frozen ground. To tangle their bodies together so completely that they are as they once were. But irrational as his mind is, even it knows that if and when the contact is broken, the feelings will disappear. And so he's left clutching her against him, trying to make her take him again as one might encourage a newborn with a nipple.

Please, please, please drink.

[say]"Remi--"[/say] Is it a plea or an encouragement? Isla's mind is still alight with the chemical cocktail, and the answer to that question is as much of a mess as the two of them are becoming, tangled around each other like two clutching teenagers. But Remi holds her closer, his words rumbling through her in a way that has her hips rolling forward against the arousal she can already feel pressing between them. [say]"Remi, I-- fuck--"[/say] Heedless to resist it, Isla is already leaning in again before her mind can tell her to stop.

She bites down hard, another bruising mark joining the first with only inches between them, and if anything the second wave is more intense than that which came before it. Moaning into the sensation and feeling her body become alive beneath his hands, Isla is fumbling, tugging at his clothes as if she might get more of him that way.

Someone should tell them to stop, to think, to not go at each other where anyone can see. But with Remi's wings around Isla and Isla's teeth in Remi, they might as well have been in their own little world.

Breathless against her, Remi's eyes roll back into his head as he feels the bright snarl of her teeth through his skin. The pain is exquisite, as it the scent of his own blood that coaxes to life a very different part of himself, though one that's no less keen. His moan is one of greedy relief as his cheek lolls against her, the back of her head still supported by his hand, still relentless in its pressure. [say]'I don't..'[/say] He pants against her, wincing with excruciating frustration as her hips press against his.

Despite her fingers tugging at his clothes, Remi can't pull away for fear of losing her again. Even a second away would be an agony he couldn't stand. Even so he's as hasty as she is in wanting more; his hand carelessly finds its way beneath her shirt, his palm and reaching fingers nearly enough to cover the entirety of her lower back. [say]'..I shouldn't..'[/say] But of course he does.

Shouldn'ts and don'ts are so much a part of their friendship now that Isla would tear the words apart given the chance; as it is, she can only arch against him as his hand finds its way beneath her shirt. It's true, though - there's so much that could go wrong out here like this, and only a small part of it is to do with the fact that Remi is very married, and Isla very much knows it.

She's already tugging at his belt and has unbuttoned his pants when the amount of blood starting to cover the two of them draws her attention. It's surprise and surprise alone that has Isla's jaws parting, the Ascended reeling back as much as he might allow to try and survey the damage. He's told her but she's still not sure about it - and there's a helluva lot of blood now. [say]"I'm so sorry--"[/say] she blurts out.

Whatever body Isla was in, Remi is sure he would want her just as much. Love her just as much. And so it's a strange thing to be pawing so desperately at her flesh, wanting her for what she is in the moment as much as who she is. Her body is beautifully unfamiliar and his hands yearn to map and explore, and perhaps it's that that finally stalls his headlong rush into this sensation; she doesn't feel what he does. Not in the same way.

Cold air rushes down against his skin as Isla's fingers deftly unbutton his pants. It's then that he too becomes aware of just how slick his neck has become, how sticky and heavy the collar of his shirt, and how blood has begun to create tributaries down his chest.

For a moment he stares at her blankly, the blue of her eyes, cream of her skin and blood on her lips so bold in their little moonlight cavern that it's disorienting. His chest heaves with every breath, causing more blood to spill from his neck and create new and bloody rorschach patterns on his skin. [say]"Gods, no, I'm sorry."[/say] Remi interrupts, his voice shaky but not from lack of blood.

Pulling in a breath and holding it, Remi releases the hand coiled in Isla's hair and places it against his neck to encourage his blood to clot. The other is still around her back though; even as the chemicals fade, whatever remains is not quite ready to give up the friction between them.

[say]'I...'[/say] Remi starts, his lips curling around words he can't quite find, unable to apologize in a way that recognizes that he'd do this all again. And probably will. [say]"...I really can't help myself, with you.'[/say] He manages after a moment, his green eyes doubtful and desperate to understand.