Court of the Fallen
[open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all (/showthread.php?tid=5098)

Pages: 1 2

[open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 03-01-2021

The warmer wind brings the smell of Flowerbirth with it - everyone knows that smell - and though Falke’s merely human sense of smell can’t detect what might be a weaker rebound from Deepfrost, he can’t seem to get enough of the freshness. Fee bounds ahead of him, paws splashing through muddy puddles with a child-like abandon, encouraging her bonded with eager sounds. Trees lie ahead! Her favorite! Her feelings are infectious through their bond, but he is a little more cautious in his steps - deliberate where necessary and trying to avoid the deep mud puddles as only a boring, responsible adult can.

Luckily, his clothes are dark today. When Fee comes back with her grubby, dirty little hands and feet, he won’t mind too much.

As soon as Ophelia reaches something wooden she can climb, she’s up and off to her own devices, and Falke is forced to trust that she’ll find her way back to him, even if his gut reaction is a small piece of his heart in his throat. Breathing deeply, the Fixer forces himself to relax - to breathe in Flowerbirth and the promises of Rae and allow himself to be amazed by their creations.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 03-03-2021

Season changes and intermingling lights, a beauty to behold in eternal splendor amongst the Celestine. Combined efforts of heralds and gods proffered and extended holy, divine, spectral encompasses, and the youth who worked within the domain would always stop, always stare, always smile. To be so blessed was a feeling of immense bliss, and so her steps remained light, airy, ethereal. Lena was not a creature of the Order, but of citizens sculpted and whittled and allowed to dream in this singular haze.

Her hands drifted over the next enclosure, basket in her arms again. [say]“A newcomer?”[/say] She whispered, tilting her head, staring into the massive expanse, opening the lock, and wandering into its confines. She could hear something nearby, perhaps another path over, but paid no heed; hand lifting to her brow, shielding all the other ambient light, while she traced over what creature could be here now.

Within a moment, there was a rabbit, nestled, underneath a series of brush and bushes. [say]“Hello there,”[/say] she uttered, soft and sweet, approaching slowly, carefully, cautiously. On closer inspection, noting its piebald coloring, she noted it could only be a blink hare; and by its poor running at her appearance, drifting only a few feet away and with a telltale limp, it’d somehow been injured in the process of existence. [say]“We’ll fix you right up,”[/say] she promised, then returned her sights to her basket, collecting a few rolls of bandages and treats.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 03-11-2021

Falke can’t hear or see Lena, quiet as she is and on a different path, which would have made it very difficult for them to interact had Ophelia not been there. As usual, he finds himself quite thankful for the little monkey - for her distractions and her displays of affection, as well as her ability to learn and help him a bit.

He feels a pulse of something through their bond - recognition, perhaps? Or surprise? Whatever it is, it’s positive, so even though the Fixer can’t see his companion, he knows she’s alright (Of course she is, this is the Celestine). So while he continues to stroll, the pint-sized primate has found Lena and begins chittering at her from somewhere above her head, a tree or tall fence, perhaps, quite obviously delighted to see her again and then moving a down, or a bit closer, to try and insist on her attention.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 03-11-2021

With the blink hare in her gentle, kind hold, Lena began to slowly unroll some bandages and a splint. Her intentions were to makeshift something so the small animal would be able to recover from its modest injury, while still being permitted to wander in its enclosure for recovery. A modest hum began once more, compassionate and tender while she worked, and the rabbit ceased its imminent struggle, allowing her to tend to its wounds.

But then she heard something else grate along her senses – familiar – on the edges of wandering decibels, strange, wondrous new places (and she’d remember, for it’d been the first time she’d ever see a world beyond Stormbreak), and a fast-paced tour by Cian, despite raging fires. Her head rose to the tree nearest the gate, and bestowed a divine, heavenly smile, upon spotting the creature in the midst. [say]“Hello again,”[/say] her attention gained and bestowed in grand view of the monkey. [say]“Have you wandered off from Falke?”[/say] A cheeky, teasing, modest tone, with the hare still in her arms – but she glanced around, pondering if her bonded was nearby, or if Ophelia had managed to make some sort of escape.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 03-18-2021

He can hear Ophelia, but not see her. Another voice cuts in, feminine and kind (in the way that you can simply hear in a person’s voice) and vaguely familiar, so Falke isn’t alarmed. He does however, speed up a bit and following a path to the best of his ability, making a educated guess as to where a door might be… ah, there is one, and it’s ajar, too.

While Falke is looking for a way in, Fee has climbed down now that she has Lena’s attention. Slowly at first, and then perhaps too quickly, tries to scramble up Lena to perch on a shoulder, and if allowed, begin to paw through her hair.

[say] “Ophelia,”[/say] Falke admonishes when he sees her - wherever she is in her antics - with a tone that says we’ve talked about this and no climbing without consent. But that’s not where his attention remains, (how could it?), as a woman is there with a hare in her arms.[say] “Lena, right?”[/say] he asks with a slow smile, remembering her face from the last meeting. Seraphina’s sister, and yes, he can see the resemblance.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 03-18-2021

The blink hares didn’t stand their ground – launching, teleporting, like streaks of light throughout the brush at Ophelia’s presence – and so the monkey has her all to herself for a moment. For a moment the Caretaker pondered over scolding the primate, for she’d been there to tend to those sick and wounded, but the laughter buoyed instead, as the tail swung along her shoulder, and the companion began to groom her.

Besides, there was a reprimand in the air anyways, and her head swung towards the voice, likely taking Ophelia with the abrupt movement. [say]“It’s all right,”[/say] she assured, the gentle smile beckoning across her features once more. She recognized Falke instantly – mostly because he’d been the main reason she’d been permitted to traverse to Torchline (an experience she wouldn’t forget, no matter the extenuating circumstances). [say]“Yes. How are you feeling?”[/say]

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 03-20-2021

[say] “I’m working on teaching her that not everyone is a tree she can climb,”[/say] he offers, accepting forgiveness while still feeling the need to justify the wildness of his companion. It’s a unique challenge. His companion came to him fully grown, having lived a life full of gut instinct and reactions - and now she has to adapt to a world that is very different from the jungle of Torchline.

She doesn’t always understand. And that’s alright. Right now Fee is quite content to hang on to Lena and search her (likely super clean head) for bugs.

[say] “Much better, thank you.”[/say] Crossing over to the pair, the Fixer smiles and at the moment, looks like he is indeed fully recovered. Looking at the monkey first, and then Lena, his head shakes slowly back and forth.[say] “I really can’t thank you enough for rescuing Fee. If there’s any way I can repay the favor, please let me know.”[/say]

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 03-20-2021

[say]“Ah, I see.”[/say] Which only prompted another giggle, as the companion had clearly found something noteworthy in her hair, rooting around in the assemblage of dark locks. [say]“I don’t mind. It’s natural for them.”[/say] A part of life; and without others of her own kind, she’d enact and engage towards those closest. A soft smile bridged again, and she lifted one hand to scratch at the monkey, extending her own good nature, warmth, and tenderness towards the monkey.

Her attention shifted back to Falke, however, at the insinuations of him fairing and feeling better written on his face. She nodded, taking care not to jostle Ophelia, with only the lightest air of surprise sliding along her mouth. [say]“Oh, not to worry at all, I was happy to help!”[/say] She grinned, the hints of mischief embedding in the corner of her lips. [say]“To be fair, I jumped at the opportunity to be outside Stormbeak. I’m very curious about the other lands, and chances don’t come up very often.”[/say] Nor tours by Cian, in the midst of complete and utter chaos. [say]“I hope you don’t find yourself in such a situation again. It must have been frightening.”[/say]

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 03-23-2021

[say] “It was… looking back on it, it’s more interesting than frightening, I think. Especially knowing how Ophelia’s panic -”[/say] upon hearing her name, his companion now chooses to pay attention, unlike before, and chitters back at him. Falke raises a brow at her and continues,[say] “magnified my own. I’ve heard the Dragoons can sometimes rely on their bonded’s bravery, but I’d never felt anything like it before.”[/say] It was an interesting observation, to say the least.

[say] “You know they’re building a skyboat dock in Torchline?”[/say] His own eyes light up at the thought of easy passage and no longer being confined to Stormbreak.[say] “Maybe chances will... come up more often.”[/say]

Is Falke suggesting that she make chances come up? No. Definitely not. Definitely not. But if he were, he would be quite smart about it.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 03-23-2021

Lena, already inclined to reveal her curious nature, still held back on the inquiry hovering along her teeth. What had happened? She knew so little of the realities of the outside world – save for stories, for discussions, for experiences from those permitted to wander amongst the others – that the ignorance bounded in waves over her. But she wouldn’t voice it. She wouldn’t ask it. It truly wasn’t any of her business. So she scratched the top of Ophelia’s head once more, listening, eyes rounding, cranium and crown tilting, absorbing the nuances. [say]“The companion bond is an amazing thing. And the longer you’re together, the more connected you’ll be.”[/say] Her smile was warm and pleasant thereafter; as if he simply needed to accept it as truth.

His next insinuation did manage to make her sit up a little straighter, a little taller. [say]“Oh?”[/say] She hadn’t heard – not content and wiling away in the Celestine. Quicker access, perhaps? She couldn’t fathom the reasons.

But she could ease into the thought of striving out on her own. [say]“Maybe they will,”[/say] and she winked a little.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 03-28-2021

[say] “Mmm. It’s one of those things you have to learn for yourself, I think. Every day that I feel her, I’m grateful that she’s here and she chose me.”[/say] It may seem like a trite response, but as Falke sends a pulse of love to Ophelia, she stops her ministrations on Lena’s hair and looks towards him with a questioning hoot. Love - and a sense that she’s not yet done with her grooming - comes back to the Fixer and he acquiesces.

[say] “All right, Fee. All right.”[/say] Offering Lena an apologetic smile, the Fixer translates.[say] “She likes what she’s doing. Do you mind? I think she’s gone through Dr. Hart’s hair so many times she knows its clean and mine is -”[/say] Not the same. Not so easily parted. Not long, and not the kind to readily harbor any insects.

Her wink causes a flash of a smile and without knowing its true intention, Falke is more likely to blush a little and shrug it off. He turns his attention to the enclosure they’re in and asks the first thing that pops into his mind.[say] “How do they get here?”[/say] He asks.[say] “The creatures who need healing?”[/say]

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 03-28-2021

Forever intertwined and entertained by the notions of the creatures upon these earths, Lena remained still so that Ophelia might continue her ministrations, struggling not to laugh or shudder when she grew ticklish. [say]“It’s fine,”[/say] lending her reassurance with another ample smile. Gods only knew what the monkey would discover – the Caretaker kept herself well-groomed and polished, but throughout the day, and after tending to many animals, there was no telling what might be stuck upon her now. Pondering over the conclusions of the companion bond, eyes trailing back to the Celestine’s sky patterns, over particulars she knew of Levi and Sera, Ronin and Sugar, the air of curiosity never truly left. [say]“Where did you find her?”[/say]

As far as the those contained within the enclosures, the answer was simple enough. [say]“Frey sends them.”[/say] The broad grin thereafter assured her feelings and sentiments towards the god. [say]“Then the enclosures alter to suit their needs. And I tend to them until they can be returned to the wild.”[/say] Uncomplicated in terms, perhaps, but every day was something new and wonderful, intriguing and eye-opening.

Which was why she’d yearn to see them in their natural habitats – to know and understand even more.

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Falke - 04-07-2021

Finally, Ophelia’s hard work pays off. She finds a stray bit of greenery in Lena’s hair and triumphantly throws it out. Her work there is done and with a soft hoot, she leaps for Falke. He opens his arms and catches her - the catch itself is not so graceful, but the transfer of the monkey to the shoulder is practiced by now. The light brown tail coils around his neck and she settles in against his neck.

[say] “I think she found me, actually,”[/say] he says with a fond grin, tilting to look at the companion before back to Lena.[say] “I’d gone to Apopo to harvest some mushrooms and whilst in the jungle there, she found me. I was alone - and she was alone, which is very odd for her kind of monkey, I think, and we just kind of… matched.”[/say] He can’t help the wistful smile that drifts in as he remembers that feeling of whoelness when he’d looked into her curious black eyes, but it felt like a piece of him clicked into place.

[say] “I like to think the Gods sent her to me. No real way to explain the perfect timing - it’s really quite a vast jungle, and we are two comparatively small creatures.”[/say] Frey, he thinks, or Mort - because he’s learning that the God of Death wants people to have a good life before they come to him.

When Lena says that the enclosures change, Falke turns in a slow circle, really taking in the environment they’re standing in.[say] “That’s amazing,”[/say] he breathes, wistfulness turning to utter delight.[say] “Have you ever had anything… dangerous?”[/say] Like from the Climb. Or Halo?

{I\'m sorry this took forever >.>}

RE: [open] stare down at the wonder of it all - Lena - 04-07-2021

From her vantage point, and the measures of Attuned connections, Lena could feel the monkey’s determination, and then jubilation, at finally finding her pinpointed bounty. She laughed lightly at the triumph, at the steadfast tenacity, only shaking her head once the primate had retreated to Falke, the greenery encased in her fingers. [say]“Well done!”[/say] And she bowed her head, saluting the companion with a bright grin.

And the story itself was intriguing, warmed the rest of her heart. Lost souls finding one another was an apt story, intermingled, entangled, intertwined with the bounty of Frey’s creatures, with the illustrious wake of something else entirely. [say]“I’m sure she’s very grateful to have you with her.”[/say] Godsent was an intriguing proposition – given how others had asked for bonded members, eggs, surprise adornments, ways in which they were no longer alone. Whether or not it was divine intervention, mere luck and happenstance, kismet and serendipity, likely scarcely mattered now.

She brushed her hands together, ensuring remnants of the treats and medicine were off, puttering back into her basket, rummaging through a couple other necessities and supplies while Falke took the opportunity to wander. But from her area, she could still hear him, and she hummed thoughtfully. [say]“Dragons, on occasion.”[/say] An off-handed comment, as if this was nothing too bad or terrible. [say]“Some could teleport. Others had fire. The hatchlings were a bit more dangerous, simply because they lacked control.”[/say] And had gone through a fair amount of her feed tubs in the process.