Court of the Fallen
my place in life - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: my place in life (/showthread.php?tid=5182)

my place in life - Samuel - 03-08-2021

Once, Sam had been caught bare-ass-out in this Oasis; he'd learnt from that encounter, and so chose to wear a pair of shorts for his swim this time. He was, perhaps, a little conscious of his body nowadays - with more slender curves and small bumps of breasts on his chest, he knew some people would have things to say. But as he saw himself in the moonlit reflection, he actually found himself smiling. He looked like himself.

Self confidence was a relatively new thing in Sam's life, but he felt he was wearing it pretty well. It had occasionally abandoned him, but it returned more often than not, and ideas about what he might do with it were beginning to surface. Stepping into the Oasis, he felt that the water was cold, but since it didn't bother him, continued to sink in deeper.

In Longnight, he had been so sure he was going to die and oddly at peace with it, and he was angry about a lot of the things that had happened there...but he found that he was happy to be alive under the moon on the water. Floating with his limbs spread out on the surface, he stared up at the sky and thought, probably looking like a weird giant bug to the fish below.

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 03-08-2021

Awww, so cute for this little rendezvous to happen like this. almost like it was planned. Wearing what's basically just a chiffon poncho that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination, Edy is already stripping the black material over her head before she even sees Sam.

[say]'Oh hey, it's you.'[/say] The Rapacious chimes as she spies the obnoxiously white body glistening in on the surface of the water. Sexual as Edy might be, she can actually be casual about seeing titties (subtle as Sam's were). Even so, she does give him an appreciative look-over before splashing into the pool with all the grace of a bull. [say]"I never got to experience that like...oh no the cold is going to touch my balls sensation."[/say] Edy muses, plopping down onto the back so that her legs and most of her genitals were covered.
[say]"I wonder if that matters."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Samuel - 03-09-2021

Sam jumped at the sudden introduction of a voice to the tranquil scene and just about managed to stop himself bending and sinking into the water, though did have to correct with an undignified wiggle of his hands on either side. When he saw it was Edy though, he relaxed; she'd already found him like this once, and he didn't think she meant him any harm. [say]"Mhm. I like it here."[/say]

Usually because it was quiet and he could be alone, but he actually found he was quite happy to have this company. Maybe because she had been gone for so long and just before she'd left, they'd had a pretty good conversation. One that had resurfaced in his mind often since, especially when Sam had had to drum up his confidence.

He wasn't aware of her new additions to her body, not looking over as she stripped, but the statement still made sense anyway. [say]"I can promise you...it's not very pleasant. Most things touching there aren't."[/say] Sam was quite glad to be rid of the things, actually. [say]"I think it's nice that we can swim in here without worrying about the cold. It's one of the few good things about not being able to feel as much...how are you dealing with that in general?"[/say] He did look over then, curious; when Sam had Ascended, he had dealt with the lack of sensation poorly. It was always interesting to see how well others adapted.

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 03-11-2021

[say]"Yeah but like..."[/say] Looking down and splashing water between her legs and feeling little else other than her body registering the waves, she heaves a sigh and leans back on her elbows. [say]..sometimes it's good to know what shit feels like, y'know? Even when it isn't pleasant."[/say] Fucking Edy the sage over here.

Edy frowns, dramatically flaring out her lips like a horse might. [say]"It makes me feel really shitty, honestly. Or..."[/say] Looking up at the moon for a moment and narrowing her eyes, trying to figure out the right words, she gives up and just goes for it with what's on her tongue. [say]"It makes me feel like who I thought I was before, was...just sensations, I guess. I had fire. Literally, and without it..I feel like I'm missing something. Same with all the sex stuff. I never thought that's what made me me, but without it?"[/say] Flicking at the water a few times, Edy shrugs a bit sadly. [say]"I dunno. No one likes to just be reduced some to some shit like that, if it can all be taken away."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Samuel - 03-13-2021

Even with what he'd said before being true, Sam had to nod to Edy's sentiments there; he'd savoured pain, in a way, when he'd had it, along with tastes he hadn't liked or the sensation of a stubbed toe or scraped knee. When everything was dull, eventually anything that lit the senses became exciting, good or bad.

There wasn't really anything to be done about it though, so he just gave her a small smile and said: [say]"Maybe you can try and tell the Voice you want to feel your cold testicles. That might be something she'd be willing to help with."[/say] Hopefully it would be clear from his tone this was a joke.

Hearing that she was struggling with the lack of sensations was quite endearing, actually; it made Edy, one of those cool unattainable people Sam could never hope to be like, just a little more human. [say]"Well, all those things are literally how you experience the entire world, aren't they? It makes sense that you understand things through that language...if that makes sense."[/say] He paused, insecurities lingering on the edges of his thoughts. [say]"You learn new ways to appreciate things. Though missing some things still hurts; I have to admit I find the unfulfilling..ah...sex, to be difficult myself."[/say]

Not that he was finding many opportunities to be disappointed by sex at the moment, but that was another problem for another time.

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 03-16-2021

[say]"Yeah?"[/say] For a minute the pale freckle-faced fucker seems sincere. Bastard. [say]"Fuck you."[/say] She snarls, albeit playfully, once she realized he's kidding. Kicking her feet like a child might when they learn to swim, Edy attempts to splash her counterpart in waves and waves of fuck you droplets.

Though Edy's eyes are narrowed as Sam rather elegantly teases out what she'd been saying, she is nodding along. [say]'Yeah but, I don't wanna."[/say] The Rapacious points out, and though it's a childish way of going through life, it was Edy's way. She'd been moulded into the spitfire she was and released into the world, god help whoever got into her way. And now?

What was she now?

[say]'Well if y'ever wanna fuck in that room in the Grounds, lemme know. I got allllll the parts."[/say] She croons, rather lewdly spreading her legs. Luckily because it was Edy and almost everything she did was lewd to some degree, it was softened a bit. Or who knows, maybe it wasn't. [say]"But...I don't know. I came back, 'cause like..what the fuck use is staying dead when some of my family is still living here...but this war? All this bullshit?"[/say] Shaking her head, she punches the water. [say]"My whole life there was this structure. I knew what to do and who to listen to. Now? Wessex is being a cunt , this war makes no sense, and the only other person who decided to stay part of the family is live in the ass-end of nowhere running a bar."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Samuel - 03-17-2021

Surprised that she'd fallen for it, Sam laughed and splashed Edy back; without much experience in splash battles, he mostly managed to spray water between them, but still put his hands on his hips and stuck his tongue out anyway.

As for just not wanting to live like they did...well, Sam understood that, but what could you really say to it? This was where they were, like it or not, and the alternative was to not experience anything at all ever again. [say]"It's not...all bad. Eventually you learn how to get around it, too, in some ways. Like...you can taste things, just about, if you focus on it and really take your time with it."[/say] He savoured his cups of tea, some of them lasting for hours, since the temperature didn't matter to him anymore.

The offer for a fuck in the Grounds made his eyes widen and Sam darted his gaze away, still enough of his old self to be embarrassed by the offer (and moreso, that he wasn't entirely opposed). Especially being sure to not look between Edy's legs, he pretended to be very invested in balancing back on the top of the water as he listened to the rest of her words.

Almost sinking with the sudden laugh at her very snap judgement of Wessex, Sam righted himself and pushed a hand through his hair, shook his head. [say]"You're right about all of that. But it's very hard to live outside of all of it - believe me, I've tried. I think the best way is to try and live your normal life and only do things when you have to, if you can. Though..."[/say] Clicking his tongue, he shook his head. [say]"Lately I've been having ideas about trying to make people consider a proper attempt at peace..which is probably a fools errand, but..."[/say] All Sam could do was shrug.

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 03-24-2021

[say]'I'd call you a fuckin' dickhead if that wasn't such a compliment.'[/say] Before she had one, dicks were dicks. Now though? A few rubs on that beauty and Edy was on fire. Well, not literally at all in either sense, but shush. So calling Sam a dickhead was a lot less menacing than she once thought it was.

Tilting her head to the side and giving Sam a dry stare, the Rapacious gestured to herself with her hands, raising them up and down. [say]"Do I at all strike you as the type of person who takes their time with things?"[/say] Clucking unhappily under her tongue, Edy's frown deepens. [say]"If concentration and mental fortitude is how to get the best out of this life, I'm fucked."[/say]

Whistling under her breath and casually inspecting her nails, Edy grins to herself. [say]"Offers always opppeeeeennnn."[/say] She sings softly under her breath, eyeing Sam across the water.

Smirking under her breath, the Rapacious waggles her eyebrows at Sam before offering him a filthy smile. [say]"Peace is stupid, but I got nothin' else goin' on if you want some help. I did used to be a duchess, you know."[/say] So saying, the hard edges of Edy's face somehow soften as her posture dramatically improves. Tilting her chin toward the moonlight and raising a single shoulder in a coy gesture, she bats her eyes toward Sam. [say]"If there is anything I can do to help you Samuel, you need only ask."[/say] With a voice that's free of Edy's normal chaotic-sing-song energy, the Launceleyn looks by all accounts like someone who wouldn't be caught dead sitting ass-naked on the edge of a pond offering casual sex.

RE: my place in life - Samuel - 03-30-2021

[say]"It's a compliment now? I have to tell you, if I saw anyone with a penis on their head, I would not find it attractive."[/say] Sam laughed and insisted back; it was a testament to Edy's influence that he felt comfortable enough to comment on this out loud. It was true, though. There were a lot of good places for dicks, but heads? That was just impractical.

He laughed again at her sarcastic question, though it was a little quieter, a little sad; there were people who seemed less suited to Ascended life, and yes, he did have to admit Edy was one of them. That said, he had seen them adapt before; Bastien, the artist in the Grounds, had been all about his substances and sex, and he seemed to be alright with his Ascension. [say]"Maybe you could talk to someone more exciting to find a better solution."[/say]

Finally looking back to her when the matter of a casual meeting in the Grounds still hung in the air, he rolled his eyes. [say]"I know you're teasing me. You, with me? You're confident and beautiful and everything and I'm...well. Me."[/say] Sam gestured down to himself, not even feeling like he was being all that self-deprecating, just stating facts. He and Edy were on different levels.

The other offer that came was more of a surprise from Edy and he peered over at her, wondering if there was some kind of ulterior motive; not that he could afford to turn it down anyway. [say]"Really? There's a lot of things I need. It's not a small task."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 04-14-2021

Edy nods along with that logic before holding up a finger. [say]"Yeah, but imaging how good that shit would feel."[/say] She points out before flashing him a bright smile, before shaking her head. [say]"Nah, that seems like a lot of work. Besides, I got you to talk to and you're plenty exciting."[/say] Despite her over-the-top nature and tendency to shoot off insults at the drop of a hat, this sounded charmingly genuine, even if Edy did follow it up by flicking a bug off of one of her nipples.

[say]"Dude, I'm not."[/say] Edy protests, wiggling her toes in the water. [say]'I'm beautiful because of how my bones are arranged, that don't mean shit."[/say] As for confidence? [say]"You'd be confident too if you weren't so smart."[/say] She counters. [say]"You only get to be a brazen asshole like me when you always have someone around to bail you out. My ass got beat a lot growing up in private, but in public? Always untouchable."[/say] Being a Launceleyn was a trip, for sure. Maybe one day Edy and Sam could bond over the shit the bookmaker knew about her family because of Loren. [say]'You're cool Sam. I'd bone you for sure. Even take you on a date after."[/say] She adds with a bright cackle.

[say]'Ask away. I've got nothing better to do.'[/say] She replies with another shrug. And really, what did he have to lose?

RE: my place in life - Samuel - 04-15-2021

[say]"Feel good for whom?"[/say] Sam asked, frowning and wrinkling his nose. [say]"It would be heavy on your head and sweaty and just...weird to use, and if you were...someone else using it, it'd be in an awkward place. You'd have to move with your neck."[/say] Overthinking was Sam's talent, but it wasn't often he got to put it to use on something quite like this; amidst his arguing there was laughter.

There was still a smile, but one with a distinctly more embarrassed tone, as she reiterated that she'd quite willingly have sex with him. It was honestly quite nice to see Edy be so honest, so kind, but that didn't change the fact that Sam wanted to sink into the water further with each sentence that was vaguely complimentary.

[say]"Well, um, maybe we can. Arrange something sometime, then."[/say] He finally said stiltedly, unsure how one went about organising a date with Edy Launcelyn. [say]"The room in the Hollowed Grounds is usually available..."[/say]

Anyway, thankfully, there was something else to move onto. [say]"I mean, truthfully, right now we just need more people. Anyone you can speak to that you think would be interested, get them involved."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 04-22-2021

[say]"You."[/say] Edy points out, meaning the general you, aka whoever has the penis for a head. [say]"Y'could have a hat that's like a vibrator and just float around on the cusp of an orgasm all day and call it fashion."[/say] But then he gets all literal about it and Edy dramatically lets her head flop back as if she's dying of boredom. [say]"Oh my fuck Sam. Okay fine. In practice, it'd be shit. Way to ruin my life's dream."[/say] That said, the image of someone trying to fuck someone else with their penis-head was pretty amazing. Cackling and looking back at the ginger, Edy doesn't bother to hide her amusement. [say]"Can you imagine? Someone just up on your shoulders, tryin' to get off while kicking you in the face and trying not to break your neck? Fuck okay. You win. Dicks can stay where they are."[/say] Ominously, she clears her face of amusement and leans forward. [say]"For now."[/say]

Perking up at the mention of the sex room, it's with a casual nod of agreement and remembrance both that Edy's chin raises up and down. [say]"Oh riiiight. And I mean, if it ain't free, anyone else can join in or fuck off."[/say]

He mentions speaking to people, and for possibly the first time since she's known Sam and Sam has known her, Edy gives him a thoughtful look. It strangely ages her, making her look less like the unpredictable and wildfire teenager she still acts like she is, and more like a woman who was once a duchess. [say]"Every since the whole Zariah thing..."[/say] She frowns and shakes her head slightly, appearing almost sad. [say]"I just don't wanna hurt the cause, you know? Telling everyone about some peace deal from someone like me?"[/say] But then, she had offered her services. [say]"Okay. I'll try."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Samuel - 04-24-2021

[say]"All day? I'd get exhausted."[/say] Sam shot back with a teasing tone and a smile, tossing his head back dramatically to emphasise just how tired he'd be. (Little did Sam know he'd actually be really into edging if he tried) He leaned back up as he laughed at her giving in, a cheeky grin on his face that very few people got to see. Tilting in forward towards her as well, he replied: [say]"I'll do everything in my power to keep them where they are."[/say]

He did pause at the idea of letting anyone else join in, the discussion of dicks on foreheads somehow not preparing him for that level of debauchery, but eventually he just nodded. It seemed unlikely anyway, and if it did happen...well, he was trying to open himself up to new experiences.

Noticing that the atmosphere had suddenly changed, that an air of seriousness that was usually never present where Edy was had appeared, Sam looked up. [say]"I don't...I don't think that many people will..."[/say] He thought back to Zariah, to the days when that had been the biggest problem he'd been facing. It felt like so long ago. [say]"There's so many new people now, and those that are still here have much bigger things to worry about. I think it'll be okay...I mean, you're nice and confident. I think you won't have any problems."[/say] He smiled kindly, unaccustomed to talking to Edy like this but finding the words came easily enough. [say]"Thank you."[/say]

RE: my place in life - Edrei - 04-26-2021

[say]'Nah, you'd build up stamina.'[/say] Edy says confidently. [say]'I bet the real trouble would be with chapped skin.'[/say] She adds, licking one corner of her lip thoughtfully as if already trying to think her way around this particular problem. It's an interesting thing, that now Sam's crooked smile and talk of head-penises will forever be linked in her mind. But so it goes.

The Launceleyn laughs at that, rolling her bony shoulders and giving her head a shake. [say]"Nice? Nah, not me."[/say] Edy had been called a lot of things in her life, but nice? No. She didn't think she'd ever heard that before.

Standing up, still naked and unbothered about it, Edy exhales through the side of her mouth before nodding decisively at Sam. [say]'Alright, I'm in.'[/say] Having picked up the motion of finger-guns from Adam, the Rapacious pew pews in Sam's direction. [say]"Don't drownnnn."[/say] She calls out cheerfully over her shoulder as she saunters off, barefoot into the brush.

~FIN