Court of the Fallen
took a fall from a windy height - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: took a fall from a windy height (/showthread.php?tid=5305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: took a fall from a windy height - Remi - 03-31-2021

[say]'Malignancy.'[/say] Remi repeats, nearly chuckling. [say]'Sounds fancy.'[/say] Though he was quite sure the deaths were just as painful and graceless amongst bluebloods. [say]'Thank you.'[/say] Closing his eyes and sinking further into the Star's reassurance, Remi's lashes flutter open as he looks at the slow play of sunlight on the ceiling. [say]"I cannot imagine what life would have been like for her if she had lived."[/say] He can't bring himself to say that it was best that she died, his love for her still too bruised and fierce for that.

[say]"You,"[/say] Remi says, threateningly and adoringly both, as he reaches for Ronin to tug him close again. [say]"are making everything much more difficult, you know that?"[/say] There is a towel over his lap, but Remi is still naked as is Ronin from the waist up. [say]'I hope so.'[/say] The alchemist's expression sobers considerable as he turns in the bed, glancing toward their pillows. Raising his brows to ask, nap?, he nods.

[say]"Do...you think Mateo would ever want to learn? Another language, I mean."[/say] The words are rushed, the alchemist clearly uneasy with the memories that the language inspires for all the sourness that comes with it. [say]"He'll never know her, but...perhaps I do not need to hide as much of her, as I do."[/say]

RE: took a fall from a windy height - Ronin - 03-31-2021

[say]"Oh, obviously. Bluebloods couldn't die just any old death. It had to be a fancy one,"[/say] Ronin says dryly, though that's about the extent of the humour he can come up with right now. Reaching up to absently smooth Remi's curls out of his face (ignoring how unruly they still are, and how it's worse now that they're drying off again). [say]"Then imagine her here,"[/say] he suggests with a softer smile. [say]"I bet she would have loved Mateo. And your shop - a herbalist would fit right in."[/say]

Following Remi's gaze towards the pillows, Ronin nods and unwraps them from the blankets just enough that they might be able to wriggle back and discard their towels and get comfortable. [say]"I won't apologise for telling you the truth, even if it makes things more difficult,"[/say] he informs his husband with a haughty sniff, before flopping back against the pillows and stretching out an arm for Remi to come and fit himself in wherever he likes.

[say]"Hmm...? I think he would love that,"[/say] the Star says, blue eyes alight with pride at the thought that their son could take something that had caused so much pain and make it brighter again. [say]"Though if you insist on chattering to each other when I can't understand, at least bring me a snack or something to keep me busy."[/say]

RE: took a fall from a windy height - Remi - 03-31-2021

It's a kind idea, but the alchemist can't help the way his stomach ties itself into knots and how his blood seems to flash-freeze. [say]'No, I...'[/say] Trying on a smile, it instantly falls away, leaving Remi reaching for Ronin's hand rather than faking any sort of emotion on the Star's behalf. [say]"It would be like imagining Aoife here, in this life. It..."[/say] Swallowing, his gaze tumbles down, his free hand coming to swipe roughly at one of his eyes. [say]"Would that I could tell myself that lie."[/say]

Remi is beneath the covers in the blink of an eye, and though it was the last place he should have been given the thoughts rolling about in his brain, it was right to Ronin's side that he fit himself. Sliding his palm across the Star's chest, Remi allows himself a moment of respite from childhood traumas to appreciate being so close to his husband without freezing waters swirling around.

[say]"Oh, we will absolutely be talking about you."[/say] Remi says with an audible grin. [say]"So if you want to know if you can learn, the answer is absolutely no."[/say]

RE: took a fall from a windy height - Ronin - 03-31-2021

[say]"Oh gods-- I didn't think..."[/say] Ronin's fingers close around Remi's his apology a raw and yet gentle pulse of emotion through their bond. It would be just like that - for a moment the Star is reminded of what happened in their dreamscape, with the dream version of their daughter bounding across the room to see them, and he swallows the hard lump that has formed in his throat. [say]"Would that you could,"[/say] he agrees through a soft whisper, letting that subject lie and getting promptly comfortable with his husband snug against his side.

It's absolutely the last place either of them should be, and yet Ronin relishes it nonetheless, drawing the blankets back over them and nuzzling into Remi's curls. [say]"How dare you,"[/say] he says through quiet laughter, drawing back enough to look down at his husband with a crooked smile on his lips. [say]"It's fine, though. I only need to know one word, and you already taught it to me. Bellissima."[/say] He tries again, lending a little more music to the word as he tries to approximate his husband's accent.

RE: took a fall from a windy height - Remi - 04-01-2021

Remi shakes his head offering the Star an understanding smile. [say]"Once, I thought it was a good idea as well."[/say] They are remembering the same moment, of a girl with stars in her eyes and laughter that sounded like music. Remi had been so sure that having her as part of their dream-world would help fill the space in their lives she'd once occupied.  

[say]'Easily.'[/say] The alchemist confirms, tilting his chin up to gaze into eyes that seem to simply swallow up every wayward emotion that continues to hunt for a home in the lonely holes of Remi's soul. Half-closing one eye and crinkling his nose, Remi tilts his head slightly. [say]"Ah, well. It is bellissimo were you speaking of me, perhaps."[/say] The alchemist corrects with an adoring grin.

[say]"And if I am going to be speaking about you without you knowing what I am saying..."[/say] Pushing himself up onto his arm, his fingertips trailing over the Star's hawk tattoo, Remi looks up toward Ronin with a crooked smile. [say]"Adesso ti bacio.."[/say] Leaning forward to take the kiss he'd been wanting from Ronin since they pulled each other close beneath the waves, Remi's lips are warm and inviting against the Star's.

RE: took a fall from a windy height - Ronin - 04-01-2021

[say]"Easily,"[/say] Ronin agrees with a small smile, gazing down at Remi and trying to ignore the way his breath catches in his throat to see his husband gazing so suddenly into his eyes. Green on blue, it's something that consistently catches him by surprise, and the Star suddenly forgets everything he's been about to say. It was probably stupid and cheesy anyway. [say]"Mm...? Oh. Bellissimo,"[/say] he mumbles, making no attempt this time to even try at his husband's accent. Then again, that's probably because he's too busy enjoying just how bellissimo Remi is.

It's also probably why he's completely bewitched to hear Remi speak again, the Star raising an eyebrow and gazing up at the other man, his heartbeat thudding dully in his ears. [say]"Adesso wh-- mm..."[/say] It's safe to say that Ronin doesn't need to know whatever else the Lullaby was saying to him; caught by his kiss, he hums out a note of almost relief to finally feel his lips against his husband's.

And they really shouldn't be kissing, because Ronin is already trying to draw Remi over him, his hands greedily roaming across his back.

The problem, Remi notices, is not so much the differences in their accents as it is where Ronin intuitively puts the emphasis on his words. Though perhaps that simply is part of the Star's accent. Remi says none of this; no sooner has it sparked in his mind than it's gone, utterly forgotten in the wake of the man before him.

It's as if Ronin's kiss has the same power Remi's dream magic does, because it doesn't seem like an exaggeration to say that they're suddenly a world away, lost together. It takes precisely no encouragement for Remi to find himself on top of the Star, and naked as they are, this is anything but advisable. Arching into the wanderings of his husband's fingers, Remi feels a ripple of tension roll upward from his toes; the back of his thighs tighten and his ribcage expands, concluding in a shivery sigh that leaves his lips.

[say]"You are everything, you know that? Everything."[/say] But before Ronin can answer, Remi is kissing him again, and if any part of the alchemist is aware that he needs to stop, there's no sign of it.

No I'm not, Ronin wants to say. You bring this out in me - the best, and the worst, and it's all because I love you like I've never loved anyone else. But of course, silenced as he is by Remi's lips and tongue, all the Star can really do is moan out his encouragement, blanketed by the heat and weight of his husband's body. They are naked, and it's a terrible idea, but that doesn't stop Ronin even for a moment.

His hands are greedy for the warmth and feel of Remi's skin; his fingers trail across scars he knows like the back of his hand, down to the Lullaby's hips, to the curve of his ass which receives a very generous squeeze. Unconsciously the Star arches against the body right back against Remi's, and given how touch starved patient they've been, it's no surprise that certain parts of him are already standing very much to attention.

[say]"We should stop,"[/say] he mumbles, all the while doing no such thing, nipping lightly at Remi's lower lip.

With skin still clammy from the ocean, Ronin's fingers are like a soothing balm against frayed nerves and starved skin. It's like anywhere Ronin touches him, the Star's light pours into Remi's darkness, reigniting everything too numb or weary to feel. But now, with their bodies together in ways they haven't been for months, Remi is forced to pull himself back if only fractionally, to anchor himself in the moment. Much as he wants Ronin, unlike so many times before, he isn't seeking for the Star to heal anything in him. He isn't running away. Perhaps that's why he's suddenly so acutely aware of the soft brush of the blankets over the back of his thighs and how the sensation changes drastically where Ronin's hands replace the furs. He can hear the song of the plaza outside, bright and charming; Remi even has time to marvel at how the sound of his hands over Ronin's skin is loud enough to drown everything else out.

With a breath that shivers against Ronin's lips, Remi clenches his jaw as another shiver ghosts up from his toes. [say]"Yes,"[/say] He agrees, as one of his hands slides down the length of the Star's body, fitting itself around his hip. Whether it's there to keep the Star in place that they might continue, or to stop his hips from rising and causing further tension, even Remi doesn't know. [say]"I will never not want you."[/say] Remi whispers against Ronin's lower lip, the words sounding as much like an apology as they do a caution.

[say]"I'm yours to have,"[/say] Ronin mumbles against Remi's lips, before closing the distance between them again properly with teeth and tongue and soft lips. His kisses are hungry, certainly, but they lack the desperation of a man trying to bury hurt with pleasure or to silence difficult conversations with moans and sighs. [say]"And you'll never find yourself unwanted around me,"[/say] he promises Remi, leaving one hand very comfortably on his ass while the other meanders slowly up the length of his back.

Fingers slip into the back of damp curls, the Star giving them a playful tug for no other reason than to force them to part from each other at least for a second or two. [say]"I want you so much, I'm worried that I won't care why we're doing this,"[/say] he admits, his cheeks flushed and blue eyes bright with lust. [say]"And I don't want us to do this because you were upset and this will make it better."[/say]

[say]"And yet,"[/say] Remi counters against the current of his husband's kisses. Were it not for the tug on his curls, the alchemist would happily have let himself drown there. Exhaling a puff of air that borders on being offended, Remi strains to listen to the reasonableness of what his husband is saying. But with both of them growing hard beneath the blankets it is hard to care at all about the words leaving Ronin's mouth. Which of course is precisely the problem.

[say]"She'll still be dead, after."[/say] Remi says softly, his hand leaving Ronin's side to brace against the mattress instead. [say]"Stormbreak will still be a place Isla and Vai can't visit—"[/say] Fluttering kisses down Ronin's jawline, to his chest and over the talons that stretch toward his ribs, Remi lets keeps himself high enough that it's just the barest bit of his skin that brushes against Ronin's erection. [say]"My father will still be an asshole."[/say] He continues, his kisses blurring into bites as he descends lower still, now nearly below the blankets. [say]"And this will not make any of that better."[/say]

His point made, or perhaps not, Remi lets his eyes disappear below the blankets, and though it's dark, this is not a part of his husband's body of which he's unfamiliar (not that any such part exists). [say]If you are mine to have—[/say] Tentatively, softly, and with far too little pressure, Remi brushes his tongue against the tip of the Star's cock. [say]—then let me.[/say]

Ronin wants to protest, but he can't for the life of him think why. This should be different, or at least that's how it feels. They should have gotten here by way of something sweet and carefree, not - again - through trauma and upset. And yet, there's no way he can take his hands off his husband, or stop the words he says from making complete sense; the world will still be terrible and wonderful tomorrow. Their past will still be their past, and they'll still be trying to make the best life for themselves here.

[say]"I love you,"[/say] he says, the words airily breathed out on a sigh. [say]"And this might not make any of it better, but it's definitely a great way to spend an afternoon."[/say] His head tilts back a little as Remi disappears beneath the blankets, and it's as though every part of him is hyper vigilant to the alchemist's touch. Each brush of fingertips causes gooseflesh to ripple across Ronin's skin, and the heat and weight and not enough-ness of the other man is almost enough to drive him mad.

And when his tongue does finally flick out against the head of Ronin's cock, the Star is quick to show his appreciation. His moan cuts off in a sharp exhale of surprise when he realises that Remi doesn't intend to do much more than tease right now, and his fingers spasm against the warm curve of the other man's shoulder. [say]I'm not stopping you[/say] he manages, and his lust and anticipation both roar out of him.

Remi lets the Star's emotions overwhelm him, having missed the bright spectrum of them nearly as much as the warmth of Ronin's touch. He can feel Ronin's dazzle both inside and out, and with his eyes closed, Remi is adrift in a melting pot of colours and textures that delight as much as they distract.

Not stopping you might seem like a very low bar in other contexts, but here, it's all the permission that Remi might need. In a way though this is still going slow. How long has it been since the pair were satisfied with, or bothered to limit themselves to simple fooling around?

Even so, Remi can't understand why he's so enthralled with lavishing his affections on the Star. Yes it's all so different from what they're used to, but the level of astounded and twitterpated that dipping beneath the sheets has rendered the alchemist is nearly laughable. Indeed, if Ronin didn't know better, he might wonder if Remi had done this before, or if he needed some guidance such was the way the alchemist's breath hitched in his throat and his tongue fluttered over Ronin with a strange uncertainty.

But then it all comes back to him; the dam breaks and with a hasty inhale, Remi takes all of the Star into his mouth, humming a note of exquisite satisfaction around his husband's cock. [say]I want to feel everything you do.[/say] Stretching a hand out from underneath the blanket, Remi anchors himself against the Star, his fingers settling on his heart as he opens up the floodgates of his magic entirely.

It's like they're two teenagers, sneaking upstairs before anyone notices that they're missing, and if it weren't for how incredible it all feels, Ronin might have laughed. As it is he can barely catch his breath, resisting the urge to whip off the blankets so he can see what Remi's doing and enjoy it properly. But that's half the fun, isn't it, and as the hand snakes out from beneath the covers, the Star clasps it over his heart, his grip against Remi's fingers growing that little bit tighter as he's welcomed into the hot sweetness of the alchemist's mouth.

If Remi wants to feel everything, he'll not be disappointed. Stuttering out a breath that tapers into a groan that begs for more, Ronin lifts his hips quite without his permission, like he can get more of Remi that way. [say]Oh gods, you feel so good.[/say] His eyes press shut, and every wave of pleasure crests and crackles out of Ronin, bright as starlight. All the places where they touch are like fire and steam, and his toes curl, the muscles of his calves and thighs tightening in an effort to keep from losing his mind completely.

[say]More.[/say] His mental voice is loud and wanton in a way that never normally leaves his lips, and there's no chance of him lasting long with the amount of time it's been between the two men.