Court of the Fallen
whiskey, smoke and aces high - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: whiskey, smoke and aces high (/showthread.php?tid=5405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 04-19-2021

[say]"It really can,"[/say] Ronin agrees, his voice equally as soft. He'd lost some good friends along the way, and if part of the reason for his throwing himself into the mechanic game was to help overcome any trauma starting to bud, he's not telling anyone about it. He takes a measured sip of the whiskey even though he doesn't want to - home by dawn, remember - and gladly devotes his attention back to Looks and Talent at his side.

[say]"No point in doing anything half-assed,"[/say] he reasons with a grin. [say]"I'll take the backstage pass, but you'll have to tell me what I'm in for."[/say] The innuendos are flying all over again, and Ronin can feel themselves almost trying to retreat back into awkward small talk. [say]"...Before we ruin this accidentally, I need to ask how far you wanted to go...?"[/say] It sounds fucking stupid and he hates himself for it, but fuck if he can't stop himself now.

[say]"Because I fucking... yeah. Is maith liom thĂș."[/say] He grins. [say]"Means I like you. Am I charming enough to blot out the fight in the parking lot yet?"[/say]

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-19-2021

[say]"He doesn't like surprises. Note to self"[/say] Remi chuckles, before wondering if they're going to do something absolutely horrible like turn on Netflix and pretend to watch something before one of them makes a move. But no, apparently Ronin is skipping right through normal awkward and going for full-blown awkward. No point in doing anything half-assed, indeed.

Laughing to himself, because what the fuck else is there to do, Remi looks down at the drink in his lap as his cheeks flush. The sound of the Irish lilt though has him looking over his shoulder, all but melting at the sound of it in a way that makes him hate himself for how utterly rom-com it is. [say]"Anche tu mi piaci."[/say] Remi agrees, not bothering to translate it; this time at least, they both seemed to have said the same amount of words.

[say]"Well, I uh..."[/say] What was he, 12? [say]"Okay, well that's a no to the parking lot thing, and as for how far..."[/say] Remi grins crookedly and shrugs. [say]"If you're asking if I'll pretend to be interested in binge-watching TV? That's a maybe. If you're asking if I'll sleep with you, that's a definite yes. If you're asking if I'll marry you, hard no."[/say]

[say]"Force of habit."[/say] Ronin grins. Strategy, organisation, planning his day. Some things get beaten out of you and you never beat them back in. So he doesn't apologise for his relative lack of spontaneity, and he definitely doesn't apologise for asking up front where Remi wants to go with tonight, although granted, it goes a little farther than he was planning. With a laugh that comes easier than he expects, he takes another slow sip of whiskey, relishing the burn on the way down his throat.

[say]"Well I'm glad we're in agreement. I can put something on if you want to pretend, but I won't spend any time watching it."[/say] No, he'll be spending his time watching this handsome and beguiling man who shouldn't have been anything more than a drunken fumble, but every time their lips touch - gods, it doesn't feel like something he should want to rush. And so he doesn't; instead Ronin reaches out to set down his glass on the coffee table, and leans in to test the waters with a kiss that's much softer than the one downstairs, but no less full of heat.

[say]"No, I'm good."[/say] To say there isn't a slight shiver in the musician's voice would be a lie, and though he's arguably the more experienced of the two in this, he doesn't look near as confident as Ronin does as he matches the other man in setting his drink down. It isn't for lack of eagerness though. Still, it's one thing to say you're up for sex, but it's another thing entirely to find themselves there.

Tilting his shoulder away from the couch and letting his leg fall off of his knee to better face the man he's suddenly kissing again, Remi reaches a hand out to press his fingertips through Ronin's hair. Trying to draw them closer to the middle of the couch, Remi matches the slowness set by the mechanic. It's probably a good thing too given how easily stolen his breath seems to be, and already the musician is forced to breathe in deeply through his nose so that his lips don't have to leave Ronin's.

Remi tries to draw them closer and Ronin complies willingly, shifting towards the middle of the couch and letting an arm slip around the other man to properly enjoy himself this time, what with the not having layers of reinforced leather between them. An appreciative hum rumbles in his throat at the feel of fingers in his hair, and his free hand is already finding its way to Remi's knee, threatening to slip higher.

Confidence is something that he can't help, unless it comes to his artwork (as evidenced), and as little practical knowledge as Ronin has in this arena, he's just doing what feels good right now. And what feels good is the touch of the man beside him and around him, if only there were more of it. Shifting to slouch back on the sofa, he tries to draw Remi over him, planning to full enjoy this impromptu makeout now that they're out of the view of prying eyes, and then follow Bandcamp's lead from there.

Great minds and all that; had Ronin not found a way to draw out even more contact, Remi would have. Just as he was about to lean over Hallway and straddle him, suddenly Remi was being tugged down and god if that wasn't the infinitely better choice. Couches are not typically made for full-grown men make out on like this, but fuck if Remi isn't content to make himself fit in any way he needs to.

Despite the urge to press himself against Ronin in every way that counts, he awkwardly braces himself with one knee on the couch and the other leg half on the floor, to keep himself raised just enough that he hopes Hallway hates it. To think we could have had this last night, Remi thinks to himself and nearly says, were it not for the fact that he can't get enough of the tongue pressing against his own and the whiskey-sweet taste of both of their lips. [say]"So..."[/say] Remi manages after a moment, forcing himself to stop and think lest one head runs away with him. [say]"...does that mean you're good for sex and no marriage, too?"[/say] He wonders, peering down at Ronin as the butterflies in his stomach all but ignite with anticipation. It isn't that he's trying to come across as overly eager, so much as he wants them to be on the same page, especially if this was Ronin's first time.

Oh fuck; this was Ronin's first time.

Bandcamp can feel victorious, because oh, Ronin hates it, and still dressed in his leathers from the waist down means that his growing erection is very uncomfortably contained. Still, his hands are thoroughly enjoying a much more sober exploration of the musician's body, and as Remi draws back enough to speak, Ronin is almost reaching up to pull him back down. They could talk more later, right?

Only, y'know, what the other man has to say is kind of relevant, and a lopsided smile spreads across his face. [say]"Yeah, I'm good for that,"[/say] he mumbles, leaning in to get that kiss he was after, only drawing back when the awkward reality of their current positioning sinks in. [say]"Do you want to move this off the couch?"[/say] he asks with a grin. It is his first time, and he's on fire with a mix of nerves and anticipation. How hard could it be, though? Lol, boner jokes.

[say]"No sorry, it's a rule. Your first time has to be on an uncomfortable piece of furniture."[/say] Remi says with a grin, not bothering to part from Ronin's lips to say it. Immediately he feels stupid for saying something so lame, and the way his jaw feathers likely shows it. But yes, yes he'd very much like to be off of the couch.

Pushing himself up and off only to gaze down at Ronin with heated cheeks and a very poorly concealed erection, Remi glances toward the bed before running his tongue against the side of his lips. [say]'I'm, uh...clean."[/say] He says, ruffling a hand through his curls. [say]"I've been recently tested for everything."[/say] It makes him sound like a bit of a whore, but so be it. HIV is no joke, and if Ronin can't say the same, then they'll have to walk their erections off on a stroll to the drugstore for some condoms.

[say]"How dare you call my couch uncomfortable. I'm offended."[/say] He isn't, and even if Remi thinks it's lame, Ronin is amused enough by it to reach up and run his thumb across the scruff of the other man's jaw, as if to tease away the lingering awkwardness. But y'know, why bother, because Remi is sitting up and laying it all out there. Flushing, Ronin clears his throat and gives a small shrug of his shoulder.

[say]"Same,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"The last girlfriend I had played away, so I got tested after that - came back clean. It was a few months ago, but aside from handjobs in hallways, I've not been with anyone since."[/say] With any luck that gives Remi the reassurance he's after, and so Ronin shifts to rise to his feet and heads up the industrial styled steps to the mezzanine where his bed lives. He'd look over his shoulder to give a come hither, but it feels cheesy, and things are already almost cringe-worthy between them.

[say]"I guess that's me needing to make it up to you, mm?"[/say] Remi counters, feeling a shiver run down his spine at the whisper of Ronin's fingers on his jaw.

In another time, when this is all old hat, maybe Remi would comment on Ronin's lack of a sex life. For now, it's just enough that he believes the other man. The look absolutely is cheesy; perhaps that's why Remi finds his lips parting slightly as he follows quickly behind Hallway. [say]"You'll..probably be more comfortable topping if this is your first time."[/say] The musician says, wanting to strangle them both for all the talking they've been doing, but knowing that it's necessary. [say]"But..don't be afraid to call a halt, if you need."[/say] As riled up as they both were, Remi wouldn't push the mechanic just because his erection wanted him to.

[say]"Because as much as I want you, and I want to do this...I can wait."[/say] Parts of him couldn't, and Ronin would have to forgive him for needing to deal with his erection one way or another.

They can talk about Remi making it up to him another time - as far as Ronin is aware, he still has making up to do himself what with the not letting Remi finish when they first encountered each other in the hallway. So if nothing else, he'll make sure that definitely happens before dawn gets here. [say]"Hm? Oh... I mean... Yeah, sure. Thanks."[/say] Also wanting to strangle them both but simultaneously knowing he'll be very grateful for these conversations later, they emerge on the mezzanine which contains nothing more than a sizeable bed, a trunk and closet for clothes, and a beside table.

It surprises him, honestly, how considerate and warm he's finding the egotistical musician, and once Remi is level with him, he steps up to draw the other man closer. [say]"Let's just see how it goes, then,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"If it happens, it happens. And if not, there's always next time. I'll buy you dinner and everything."[/say]

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-21-2021

From arguments in his apartment that morning to be tugged closer to this man he hardly knew, Remi is edging dangerously closer to making every song about you territory. Already lyrics and phrases flash in his mind as Ronin reaches for him. [say]"Is this where I say next time?, and then you get confused and have me leave?"[/say] He wonders with a crooked smile, using his body to try and edge Ronin back against the bed. [say]"So before that happens, I do not want either of us to leave."[/say]

And he meant it. Strongly enough that the snark about whatever gas station dinner Ronin might take him to is forgotten in the heat of the moment; Remi's hands glide along the mechanic's sides and he presses their lips together again. It's all so bright and fresh that every touch ignites a pulse of heat in Remi's belly that he wants to savour and protect as much as he wants to fan it that it might consume him.

Releasing one of the mechanic's hips, Remi reaches over his shoulder to tug off his own shirt in a swift movement, breaking their kiss just for a moment. [say]"You'll find there's only one name written here."[/say] He whispers softly. Should Ronin take the time to look, he'll find that amidst the old alienist-type drawings of bones and skulls and between the stars and botanical imagery there is in fact one name: over his heart, is Milia.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 04-21-2021

The backs of his legs hit the bed - it's all plain grey linen and a few colourful blankets thrown on top to keep in the warmth - and Ronin flashes Remi a crooked grin. [say]"Well I am glad you clarified, because I was about to demand you leave,"[/say] he informs him, not at all serious about it (obviously) but unable to help himself nonetheless. Like the other man, though, all snark and wit seems to disappear with the touch of their lips and the dance of their tongues, and the mechanic is about to draw them back onto the bed when Remi is tugging off his shirt.

[say]"Mm?"[/say] Plopping to sit on the edge of the bed, Ronin finds himself gazing appreciatively up at the man who had told him to go and change in the bathroom not twelve hours before. He takes in the tattoos properly this time, his hands reaching up to graze across Remi's hips, to tug him into his lap if he'll allow.

[say]"Oh?"[/say] Tilting his head at the name writ across the other man's heart, Ronin can't help his crooked smile. [say]"Old flame?"[/say] he assumes, shifting to tug off his own shirt as well. Again, a pale, well-muscled body; again, silver nicks and a pink starburst against his right shoulder.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-21-2021

Remi's lips part slightly as Ronin's hands reach out for his hips. He's been to the gym often enough now that he's in better shape than 'generic-boy-body-shape', but certainly as a mechanic and ex-soldier, he doesn't hold a candle to Ronin. Still, his tattoos hide whatever he might be self-conscious about, bt he can't help the way he shivers a touch in this near-stranger's grip.

Sinking down, his shins coming to rest on the bed that he might sit astride Hallway, Remi looks down at the writing on his chest and shakes his head. [say]"My mother's name."[/say] He corrects gently. In a similar vein of getting things wrong (though at least Remi is doing so knowingly), he lets his thumb graze over the pink snarl of flesh on Ronin's shoulder with a raise of his brow. [say]"Old flame?"[/say]

Will they ruin this moment with talk of dead mothers and bullet wounds?