Court of the Fallen
whiskey, smoke and aces high - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: whiskey, smoke and aces high (/showthread.php?tid=5405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 08-20-2021

[say]"Ah,"[/say] Ronin murmurs, when the answer finally does tumble out. Because the silence has honestly said more than Remi needs to, and the smile on his face fades to something a little less boorish. [say]"Forget I asked."[/say] Easily enough done when there are walls to scale, rooftops to climb and windows to swing into. He braces as the other man reached one on his countdown, pushing himself to his feet as Remi scrambles up.

[say]"Oh? I thought you'd want to do the talking, since I'm such a bad conversationalist."[/say] He still hasn't let that go, however true it might be. [say]"Parkour army shit?"[/say] He raises his eyebrows as he gazes up at Remi, tilting his head. [say]"It's just a pull up, right?"[/say] So saying, he jumps and snags the railing, swinging a couple of times before hauling himself onto the platform beside the other man. [say]"Next time I'll make it fancier if you want?"[/say] he offers.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 08-20-2021

[say]"Conversationalist? Yes. Liar?"[/say] Remi grins and shrugs. [say]"It'S JUSt a PuLL uP riGhT"[/say] He mimics under his breath, pretending not to be impressed as Ronin easily (and muchly adeptly) joins him on the platform. [say]"Well, here's hoping that there won't be a next time, but if there is—"[/say] He pauses, smiling stupidly. [say]"—yes, fancier."[/say]

Exhaling such that his lower lip wavers, Remi glances up the twisting and rickety stairs they're about to climb. [say]"I guess this means I can skip leg day tomorrow."[/say] He hums, wondering to himself if he'd said that genuinely or in some strange attempt to impress Hallway. Well, when he was panting after having climbed 4 flights of stairs, he'd realize quickly that the answer was neither.

[say]"Fottimi, you're right. I really should have a spare key."[/say] Remi huffs when they reach the top. [say]"I'd say we could flip a coin for who goes in through the window, but based on your performance down below, I'd say you're the most qualified."[/say]

[say]"Not a liar, just a creatively interpreting the truth,"[/say] Ronin informs the other man, following after him as they start to make the climb towards the rooftop. [say]"I'll make sure to leave my keys out somewhere the next time you come over, just so I can be fancier for you,"[/say] he tells him. It's far too easy to make those kinds of plans, he finds - vague and yet certain to happen at some point in the near future.

[say]"You can definitely skip leg day if I'm going in through that window, because you'll have to climb back down these stairs for me to open the door for you,"[/say] he points out, a little out of breath as well by this point and rolling his shoulders as they emerge onto the roof. He pauses, though, despite himself, a small smile playing over his face. [say]"View isn't bad from up here, is it?"[/say]

Going from wanting to punch Hallway in the mouth for being insensitive to wanting to shove him against a wall was quickly becoming a rollercoaster that Remi was used to.  The pair were here to fuck, presumably, but there was also something else. Something that made them plan for a next time, but only ever through jokes as if they both needed to be able to laugh it off.

[say]".....shit. You're right."[/say] Remi concedes, thumping his forehead with the back of his hand. [say]"Going down isn't so hard, though."[/say] He adds, mischievously. [say]"No, it isn't. It's..."[/say] Walking nearer to the edge, Remi plants his hands on his hips and stares out at the city twinkling softly around them. There were highrises and buildings all around so the view didn't stretch on for long, and light pollution allowed through only the most adamant of starlight, but...[say]"...it's really beautiful, actually. Too bad we don't have a blanket."[/say] Or wine. Or chairs. A guitar. Too bad it was just the two of them and their awkwardness.

Glancing over his shoulder at Hallway, Remi finds himself momentarily undone by the way the light contours out the profile of his face. [say]"You can almost see your shop."[/say] He says softly.

Bobbing his eyebrows in a gesture of I know I am, Ronin nonetheless matches the mischief in Remi's tone with a lopsided smile, and he steps up beside him to gaze at the sprawling lights, the busy city all around. [say]"Could always get a blanket once we've broken into your apartment,"[/say] he points out. [say]"But then again, that would mean having to walk back up these stairs again to reach the roof. Maybe another time."[/say] Another another time. They're starting to collect these.

[say]"Mm...? Oh shit yeah, you're right."[/say] Ronin tilts his head as if trying to make out which rooftop belonged to his garage, not that it was really possible in the dark. Besides, the view probably wasn't so great under the unforgiving light of day. Anyway. Mission Impossible.

[say]"You definitely know which window is yours?"[/say] he asks, wanting to make sure before he swings into someone else's apartment.

[say]'You don't want to climb out the window back onto the roof? Mr. It's just a pull up?"[/say] The butterflies in his stomach seem to have a way of making everything Hallway says funnier than it has any right to be, while simultaneously stealing away anything clever Remi might say in response.

[say]"I...mostly definitely do know which window is mine."[/say] Remi confirms. [say]"It's the one with the big dog in it, who will either sleep through all of this, or who might wake up and maul you."[/say] The musician offers the mechanic a sunny smile and claps him heartily on the back. [say]'Besides, I can't think of anyone in this building who wouldn't be thrilled to see you Tom Cruiseing through their window."[/say]

[say]"I mean I could, but I'd also have to bring the blanket, and probably your dog to come and join us, and anything else you wanted, and I'm not sure even I'm that great at pull ups,"[/say] Ronin says easily, though as Remi clarifies about his mostly definite certainty about which window belongs to him, it suddenly dawns on the mechanic, what a fucking stupid, half-drunk thing he's about to do.

Then he forgets about it in lieu of trying to stop Amadeus mauling him when he gets inside, and not stumbling to his death when Bandcamp claps him on the back. [say]"A'right, let's do this,"[/say] he mumbles, though it's uncertain who Ronin is saying this to. Swallowing hard, he sidles up to the edge of the rooftop, spying the window Remi had pointed out. It shouldn't be too difficult - swinging over and holding onto the top of the roof should let him just about touch the window sill, and then it's just a matter of clambering in from there, right?

Right.

[say]"Wish me luck,"[/say] he mumbles, before starting to swing over the side of the building.

[say]'Sounds like we'd better just lay on my floor instead and imagine the city lights.'[/say] Remi says feigning disappointment. There was of course the allure of being fucked sitting with Ronin on a rooftop, but the practical side of the musician was sure that the rom-com vibes of it all would not provide ample padding beneath his body. And given Ronin was still topping every time, his knees were already protesting.

[say]"If Tommy can do it, you can."[/say] Remi says confidently, suddenly realizing that no point of this stupidity is worth having Hallway break his back over. Before he can speak these sobering thoughts, Ronin's fingertips have disappeared from the roof's edge and from not so far below, there's....absolutely no sound. Amadeus is asleep on the couch where he normally is. Though he might crack open one golden eye in Ronin's direction, the wolfhound will be largely unbothered.

[say]"Are you dead?"[/say] Remi stage whispers, leaning on his hands and knees to bring himself as close down as he can.

[say]"If we have any of that stuff you left in a jar on your windowsill again, I probably won't have to imagine them too hard,"[/say] Ronin calls, though it's one of the last things (perhaps the last thing, if this all goes to shit) Remi will hear before he's disappearing away over the side of the roof. There's a soft scrabbling, a few long seconds of held breath as Ronin tries to find his footing on the windowsill, and then a moment of hilarious what now where he's standing on said sill, but with no clue how to actually get into the apartment.

Still, when Remi does finally stage whisper out, he'll have a near instant reply of something (Ronin) going clonk against the floorboards of the musician's apartment. [say]"I'm good!"[/say] he stage whispers back (why though?), scrambling to his feet and offering a broad and triumphant grin out of the window and up at the roof. [say]"No mauling. I'll open the doors and meet you downstairs, okay?"[/say]

Remi is about to argue—no, don't leave my apartment unlocked!—when he decides both fuck it, and also that his opportunity to argue has likely passed. [say]"Cosa sto facendo della mia vita? E PERCHÉ lo sto facendo con lui?"[/say] Praying silently to no one in particular, Remi descends the stairs without bothering to be quiet (a mistake, he'll come to realize later), and waits impatiently for Ronin to let him into his own building.

Tapping his fingers rhythmically against the glass and waiting for Hallway to appear, Remi glances nervously over his shoulder. The last thing he needed was for a gaggle of his fans to suddenly appear. [say]"Sbrigati, sbrigati."[/say]

Ronin does sbrigati, if that means womble his way downstairs after leaving Remi's apartment door propped open with one of his shoes so it doesn't slam shut and leave them right back at square one. Either way, it's only a few minutes (i.e. about as long as it took the musician to get to ground floor level) before Ronin is clicking open the front door and dramatically gesturing for the other man to come inside (lol, innuendos).

[say]"That was really fucking stupid of me to do,"[/say] he informs Bandcamp by way of greeting, though the smile on his face says otherwise, even if it is a little wild. [say]"I reckon you owe me that coffee, after that stunt."[/say] He's not so forward as to lead Remi up the stairs to his own apartment, so he gestures for the other man to go ahead first. [say]"I didn't even get mauled."[/say]

Remi's relief morphs into a strange tingling in the balls of his feet as Hallway opens the door.
[say]'What was?'[/say] He asks innocently. [say]"Coffee? Sure, if that's what you want."[/say] He means as opposed to alcohol, but he also means kiss me, at the same time.

[say]'Congratulations on not being mauled by the world's laziest dog."[/say] He chimes over his shoulder, hauling himself up the stairs using the railing and not feeling even a little embarrassed about it. His thighs are burning and his calves are trying to convince his knees that getting fucked on the rooftop would be better than climbing any more stairs.

Kicking Ronin's shoulder into his apartment and holding the door open, Amadeus lifts his head nonchalantly off of his pillow to appraise the two men with a disinterested stare. Closing and locking the door behind them, Remi sighs against it and swipes his fingertips over his eyes.

[say]"Alright,"[/say] he begins to ask, dropping his hand. [say]"What can I get you?"[/say]

[say]"Fuck you,"[/say] says Ronin cheerfully, grinning after Bandcamp as he follows him up the stairs. He doesn't use the railing, but it's more out of forgetfulness than intention; he's too busy watching Remi's ass as they head up to the fourth floor. [say]"Hey, don't kick my shoe. It had a very important job,"[/say] he tells him - that, and it technically marks the beginning of him getting undressed, he supposes.

Still, as they both finally find themselves inside Remi's apartment, Ronin also lets out a sigh of relief and runs his fingers back through his dark hair. [say]"Pretty sure you already know what you can get me,"[/say] he mumbles, grinning and wasting no time in closing the distance between them with a kiss that suggests he can absolutely climb another four flights of stairs. Ronin has been watching him rockstar it up all evening, and watching fans drool over his every step. Now it's his turn.

The world seems to slow and then spin the other way as the men they were on the other side of the door reveal their true intentions. Reaching out for Irish as he nears, this part of their strange choreography what Remi had been looking forward to, Remi tugs on Ronin's shirt collar so that the other man might pin him against the door. Still slightly breathless from the trek up the stairs, it's with relentless sips of air that Remi keeps himself functioning, not ready to let Hallway go yet. [say]"I"ve wanted you all night."[/say] He whispers hastily as his fingers drop to Ronin's belt.

Embers replace the butterflies, as Remi tilts his head back against the door and closes his eyes that Hallway might occupy his lips with the musician's throat and neck while his fingers continue to fumble at the other man's belt.