Court of the Fallen
whiskey, smoke and aces high - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: whiskey, smoke and aces high (/showthread.php?tid=5405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 04-17-2021

Oh, so fuck his family then. Ronin glances up at Bandcamp, his brows softly furrowed as if to ask him why now seemed like a good idea to put all of this on the line, when the moment couldn't have been any less appropriate. But that's Remi all over, he's learning, and so he gently puts his coffee down (but not before one last sip) and regards the man beside him. [say]"I mean, before you make me out to be this flaky sonovabitch, I'd like to remind you that you decided to play hide and seek with my jacket in the first place,"[/say] he says. Takes two to tango, bud.

Honestly, he's not sure if he wants the other man to kiss him right now; the moment is soured by things Ronin can't really put his finger on, and he rubs at the back of his head as if trying to decide either what about it is so off, or whether he'll ever see the other man again if he walks a second time. [say]"You were much better at flirting when you were doing it with strangers in a crowd,"[/say] is what he decides on eventually.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-17-2021

Remi pulls in a breath, suddenly conflicted and confused. He finds himself not leaning forward as he had all but pledged to do. He clenches his jaw once before forcing himself not to, mirroring Ronin's position by running his fingers up the back of his neck before ruffling them through his curls. [say]"I legitimately forgot it."[/say] He admits. [say]"I made myself not look at my phone to see if you'd messaged me, and by the time you had, I had all of 10 minutes to rush out the door and meet you."[/say] But, if he had remembered it, he wouldn't have Ronin in his apartment now.

[say]"Well, but that's my point. I know what they want from me. You though? Not a fucking clue. All of this is happening backward and I haven't got any idea what it is you want from me."[/say] They'd gone from chatting about their frustrated boners to dead family members, and from sloppy orgasms to kissing, to now standing awkwardly in Remi's kitchen. Shaking his head, Remi sighs, looking both defeated and more frustrated now as pink streaks up his cheeks.

[say]"Whatever, it's fine. And I hope you aren't allergic to dogs, because I'm pretty sure Amadeus has been using your jacket as a pillow."[/say] He says with a nod toward the couch, his tone just slightly colder than it had been ten seconds ago when he'd asked to kiss Ronin.

Fuck this day. Fuck this guy and his bad coffee and blue eyes.

[say]"You... made yourself not look at your phone..."[/say] He raises his eyebrows at that, as if unsure whether or not he believes it based on the downward trajectory of their conversation since the coffee had been made. Blinking as the other man continues, he huffs out a breath and rubs at his forehead. [say]"Sorry, should I have come with a fucking... statement of work, or whatever?"[/say] Honestly, it's a little sad that Remi expects everyone to want something from him, but Ronin is not in the kind of mood to deal with that bullshit right now.

[say]"I don't know what I want from you. All I know is that you were something different to the boring, repetitive bullshit that this city is full of, and I liked it, and I wanted more of it."[/say] I want more of it, is what he means, but since they're sort of arguing(?) right now it feels too generous to say. Ronin will regret later, guaranteed.

He raises his eyebrows, straightening up from the counter. [say]"Is it fine?"[/say] He scoffs under his breath, crossing the room and - with a care that one would not expect from anyone seemingly irate - gently encourages the dog to part with his new pillow. [say]"I need to get back to work. I finish at six, and then I'm going for a ride. You should come."[/say]

[say]"Yeah. I kept checking it every five minutes like a 14-year-old."[/say] Remi grumbles, clearly embarrassed but not above being honest about it. Whatever barriers that had lowered go right back up as the musician flashes the other man a disbelieving stare. [say]"Yeah, fuck me for wanting a bit of clarity about what's happening."[/say] He snaps back, muttering something in Italian under his breath that in no way needs to be translated.

[say]"Different to the boring."[/say] Remi's cheeks heat at that as he presses his tongue against the point of one of his teeth, glaring up at the ceiling. [say]"What a charmer."[/say] Luckily, Remi stops himself before saying that while shitty lines like that might work on busty bartenders, they won't work here.

[say]'Sure it's fine. Because apparently all it is, is just something to cure your boredom."[/say] It's unfair to say, but all of this is going far too fast for Remi to think with his head anymore. And then Ronin hits him with you should come, and it takes every bit of restraint in the musician not to dramatically throw his hands into the air. [say]"Deve essere bello essere il capo ed essere in grado di andarsene quando vuoi."[/say] He grumbles instead.

They keep snapping from the vaguely sweet to the what the fuck, and by the time Ronin has shrugged into his jacket (is it weird to be glad that it's been warmed up by the dog that's been using it as a pillow?) [say]"Well if I knew what was happening, I'd sure as hell give you clarity about it,"[/say] he says testily, as if Remi could just as easily decide for himself what he wanted and take it or leave it from there.

[say]"Maybe your charm has been rubbing off on me, what can I say?"[/say] he grumbles. And yet, he's still left the invite open, still offered a little piece of himself out there, only for super dramatic Italian to come out instead. Ronin wants to just stand there, all WOT in the face of something he so obviously won't understand, but by then his own temper is flaring (it's not, it's embarrassment) into pink spots high in his cheeks.

[say]"Go breá, ná déan,"[/say] he snaps instead, heading straight for the door and straight out of it.

In Remi's clothes.

Leaving his own clothes there.

Fucking fuck.

[say]'Ahh well, I have been doing my share of rubbing things for you, mm?'[/say] It's poorly worded, but the bite is there. Maybe. Hopefully (not?).

Whatever Ronin has said Remi is sure is worse than what he did, and so he storms right after Ronin. [say]"Was that IrIsh NaTioNAl for thanks for the coffee and the clothes?"[/say] But Ronin is likely already down the stairs and out the front door. Grinding his teeth together and slamming the door when he's back inside his apartment, Remi stupidly rushes to one of the windows to try and catch a glimpse of the mechanic walking away.

Fucking fuck, indeed.

[say]"Well I think that went well."[/say] He grumbles to the dog as he slumps down at his piano bench, staring irritatedly at the keys.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 04-18-2021

Ronin doesn't get as soaking wet on the way back to his shop, but he definitely gets drenched enough to be angry about it, and to spend a decent amount of time in front of the heater in the garage before getting on with any more repairs. Luckily for Remi (probably?) the overalls he wears will mean the clothes he was given are kept pristine for the rest of Ronin's day, and by the time the evening starts to draw in the rain has stopped, all of his work is done, and he can shut up shop.

So as 6pm creeps ever closer, the only door to the garage that's open is the one at the front, spilling amber light out onto the road. Ronin has traded in Bandcamp's clothes for bike leathers - sweats won't cut it for this, unfortunately - and he's prepping his pride and joy to head out for a ride. Her name is Saki, and no one cares that it's short of Kawasaki Z H2, but Ronin does. Black as night and purring like some large, mechanical cat, he moves to grab his helmet.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-18-2021

It's a long afternoon of incorrectly answering Jeopardy questions in between poorly writing music. Remi keeps coming back to this same melody that isn't very good, but his fingers won't play anything else no matter how hard he tries. So eventually he gives up and goes downstairs to the laundry room where he washes Hallway's clothes and tries to spell the Gaelic words he thought he heard the man sneer at him earlier.

By the time 6 pm rolls around, Remi has been pacing down the street of Ronin's shop for a good twenty minutes. He's always early, or at least aims to be. Anytime he's late, it's because of something he's chosen: an extra line before going onstage or needing to hear the answer to the Daily Double before heading out. Tossing his cigarette into a trashcan (littering is for assholes), Remi makes his way toward the chilly light spilling out onto the street. Dressed in blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket (it's cliche, but from what he knows of motorcycles, it's also the only things he owns which might prevent against road-burn), he carries Ronin's clothes, neatly folded, in a bag.

[say]"Hey."[/say] He says lamely, not allowing himself to be distracted by the slow roar of the motorcycle or the cut of Ronin's jacket. [say]"Here are your clothes. I don't want there to be any more excuses for you to come back to mine."[/say] Remi adds a touch curtly, holding out the bag. Then, his expression softening dramatically, he tries to pronounce something he read earlier on the internet: [say]"Tá brón orm."[/say] His accent butchers it, he's sure, to the point he thinks he probably needs to translate. [say]"It means I'm sorry."[/say] Nodding toward the bag of clothes, Remi ruffles a hand through his curls. [say]"I meant that. I don't want any more excuses. I don't want to pretend that you're coming over for clothes, because the truth is...I want you to come over."[/say] It's a lot already, and so Remi just lowers his eyes toward the motorcycle, wondering why none of it was sounding as good now as it had done in his head, on the walk over.

Honestly, Ronin doesn't expect him to show. He's walked the motorbike out onto the street, his helmet under his arm, and he's just about to close up shop when the hey hits his ears. Turning around with a raised eyebrow that it actually is Bandcamp in the flesh, he automatically accepts the bag with his clothes in before his mind can decide otherwise. [say]"Oh... Thanks,"[/say] he mutters, visibly deflated regardless of how he tries to hide it. So when Remi softens, and when his native tongue comes bumbling from lips more attuned to speaking Italian, it completely takes his breath away.

Yes, he does butcher it, but not so much that Ronin can't understand it, and the smile that spreads across his face seems to take years off him. [say]"You're right, that's exactly what I mean. Tá brón orm freisin."[/say] He doesn't expect the rest, though, blue eyes widening a fraction, and his smile grows all the sweeter. Still, rather than responding right away, Ronin ducks into the shop, and when he returns, it's without the bag and instead with an extra helmet.

[say]"Do you want to come for a ride with me? We can decide what to do afterwards. Because I want to come over as well, but I think it's my turn to host you for a change."[/say]

Ronin smiles and Remi feels himself visibly relaxing, exhaling a breath he absolutely knows he's been holding. [say]"I'm going to hope you said something nice."[/say] The musician chuckles, hearing enough of what he'd memorized in what Ronin said back, to assume it was either an apology as well, or a mockery of one.

As Ronin disappears, Remi takes a moment to glance down at the bike. Knowing absolutely nothing of motorcycles, he wonders just how they're both meant to fit. Imagining them in helmets with Remi clinging to Hallway for dear life just isn't quite as romantic as it was in the movies. [say]"Sure. I love letting strange men take my life in their hands."[/say] He didn't, he absolutely didn't, but for Ronin? Well. It would be a good way for a musician to go out.

[say]"So...I just hold on to you and try not to let my fillings vibrate out of my teeth, yeah?"[/say]

[say]"I said I'm sorry, too,"[/say] Ronin explains, smiling and finishing locking up shop after handing Remi his helmet. [say]"There are built in speakers, and you should be able to switch on the Bluetooth so we can talk,"[/say] he explains, before swinging a leg over the motorbike. [say]"Strange? I'd go for rude, awkward and not very good at holding a conversation. But I suppose strange covers it as well."[/say] He grins, saying nothing to the effect that yes, he does expect Remi to do just that.

[say]"I promise I will return you safe and sound to your rockstar lifestyle before dawn,"[/say] he explains, nodding over his shoulder for Remi to get on. [say]"That's the gist of it, yes. Though I'd hope it would be a smoother ride than that - I don't want to be responsible for any extra dental treatment for you."[/say] Without a further word about it, he pulls on his helmet and fiddles with it for a moment. Only once Bandcamp is seated and safe does he try out their communication. [say]"You hear me OK?"[/say]

Remi's smile is stupidly thrilled to hear Ronin say so, as he accepts the helmet with bashful green eyes that are once again finding it difficult to meet Ronin's. [say]"Oh, don't say that."[/say] The musician chuckles with a shake of his head. [say]"I didn't think you were all that awkward."[/say]

Grinning, his brow raising a touch at that, Remi tries and fails to put his helmet on with any modicum of style. [say]'By dawn, mm?'[/say] His tone is vaguely skeptical, though not at all believably so. Where Ronin hears him or not he has no idea, because suddenly he feels like he's about to be launched into space such is the feeling of the helmet.

There's no way of getting on that Remi can see, that doesn't involve just reaching out for Ronin. It's a shame there's so much leather between them, because as Remi throws a leg over the bike and finds himself fitting against the man before him, it all but feels like he's holding onto a padding crash-test dummy. [say]"Ahh, cazzo!"[/say] With a start, Remi flinches as Ronin's voice screams into the headset. [say]"Not that I am not a fan of your accent, but how do I turn you down?"[/say]

[say]"Well how kind of you to say as much,"[/say] Ronin murmurs, though unbeknownst to him, he's currently yelling into Remi's helmet. The Italian lilt purrs quite pleasantly into his own, given that he's configured it almost obsessively, and he probably should have thought of that before letting the other man seal his head into a box that basically consists of his voice. He tries to keep his laughter as quiet as possible, and rather than booming instructions through the helmets, he swivels on the bike to face Remi as best as possible.

Reaching out a gloved hand, he reaches for the control panel on the side of the helmet, turning the volume down a few notches. [say]"How is that?"[/say] he asks. [say]"If you need to change it, it's just on the side there, alright? You ready?"[/say] The musician won't be able to see his smile, but it's very, very audible.

Ronin turns, and were it not for the massive amount of plastic between them, Remi's breath might have been entirely stolen thanks to the proximity of that scruffy jaw-line and those blue eyes he couldn't get enough of. Instead it felt a bit like he was an astronaut, able to see almost nothing at all, and hearing only the loud sounds of Ronin breathing.

[say]"Much better."[/say] Remi agrees with audible relief. [say]"It was starting to sound a bit like the background music from a horror film, with all your loud breathing."[/say] Grinning, not that Ronin can see, Remi reaches up to adjust the settings some more. [say]"Ready as I'll ever be, so they say."[/say] Pulling in a breath, Remi can't help but laugh to himself. [say]"So..this is where I wrap my arms around you and try not to make things too awkward."[/say] He narrates, sliding his hands around Hallway's sides, realizing he couldn't quite link his fingers together, thus being forced to curve them around Ronin's sides. It fills him with butterflies that he can't fully blame on the fact he's mildly terrified.