Court of the Fallen
whiskey, smoke and aces high - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: whiskey, smoke and aces high (/showthread.php?tid=5405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 04-18-2021

[say]"I'm just excited, I can't help it,"[/say] Ronin jokes about his loud breathing, and he turns back to face the front when Remi is comfortable in his helmet. And then the other man's arms are sliding around him and even though there's a lot of leather and padding between them, he swears he can feel the heat from his body. Still, Bandcamp says he's ready, and that's about all Ronin needs to know. [say]"Hold tight."[/say]

The bike purrs onto the road, and they are safe enough from rush hour that they can pick up a little speed without too much trouble. [say]"I like to hit the bridges,"[/say] he tells Remi through their helmet. [say]"But if you want to go somewhere different, just say so."[/say] Honestly, it won't make a difference to him. With the rumble of the engine, the air hissing past and the dazzle of lights at dusk, he's exactly where he wants to be.

Whether his passenger agrees remains to be seen, of course. And with his track record for greasy food (fuck, he left his sandwich at Remi's place too) and bad coffee, he's tentative at best about this one.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-18-2021

[say]"I'd prefer we don't hit anything."[/say] Remi counters, doing his best not to overcompensate the turns with his body despite how much he feels the need to lean this way and that with the curves of the road. Clutching at Ronin in a manner that's far from cute and closer to terrified-cat, Remi tries to force himself to relax. [say]"I never thought I'd say this, but can we maybe be a bit straighter?"[/say]

It's only when the bike is more or less verticle that Remi feels like he can sit up and actually enjoy things. The twists and turns might be a fun test of skill for Ronin, but for his passenger, it's just an exercise in restraint; one which makes the muscles of his abs hurt and makes him wonder how many of his tattoos will remain when they're scraping his body off the pavement.

Still, not wanting to be a total buzz kill, he leans forward and (needlessly) whispers: [say]"So..how fast can this thing go?"[/say]

[say]"You know what I meant."[/say] Ronin chuckles, even if Remi, in fact, did not know. His laughter at the other man's second remark is a lot more mischievous, though he does indeed straighten them up, the bike slowing somewhat as, in the distance, the lights shoot away in a string that marks the Brooklyn Bridge. [say]"Better?"[/say] he asks. [say]"Sorry - I'm not used to a passenger."[/say]

But then Bandcamp's leaning forward and whispering sweet nothings into his helmet (at least as close to them as Ronin gets) and even though he doesn't have to, he whispers back. [say]"She'll get to 280kph if I let her,"[/say] he tells the other man. [say]"Never got much past 190 though, and even then it's usually the dead of night when I try."[/say] He might like to go fast, might even like to be reckless, but Ronin isn't stupid - even less so when it's not just his life he's carrying around.

[say]"Why, how fast do you want it?"[/say] There's an innuendo there, and he doesn't try to shy away from it.

[say]"You say that, but who knows. You were very casual about those bruises from last night. Maybe getting injured is your thing."[/say] The musician hums cheerfully in response as he shrugs against Ronin with more than enough exaggeration that he's bound to feel it.

[say]"Oh, that's reassuring."[/say] Remi hums as his pulse skyrockets. Luckily Ronin's remark about his inexperience is completely overshadowed by the innuendos that they're throwing around, and for the life of him, the musician can't remember how the pair had ever argued about anything given how easy this banter felt.

[say]"Well. Why don't you get us somewhere you're comfortable, and I'll tell you if I need it any faster?"[/say] Wickedly said, whether or not Remi intentionally pulls himself closer or if it's just a reaction to the road is anyone's guess. [say]"You know, since you said you don't normally do this sort of thing."[/say]

[say]"Hey - it ought to be reassuring. If anything I'm going to take less risks with you here."[/say] Ronin protests, laughter threading his words. [say]"Getting injured isn't exactly my thing, but when you've been in the forces, a few bruises are par for the course,"[/say] he points out, shifting ever so slightly as Remi fits more snugly against him. He feels a smile growing on his face beneath the visor of his helmet, and although he might not be able to feel the other man's heat, he definitely notices a lack of wind chill.

Then they continue what he realises is quite obviously flirting, and a much more enjoyable type of flirting he might add, and like his passenger, he isn't sure how wires got so spectacularly crossed before, but he's determined not to let it happen a second time. And so they turn to get onto the bridge - a place that Ronin is very, very comfortable, as it happens - and he hums his agreement.

[say]"Alright. You teach me what you like, and we'll go from there,"[/say] he all but purrs through the helmet. And then he revs the motorcycle and they go shooting off across the bridge at a speed that quickly begins to climb. Instinctively Ronin leans forward a bit, trying to make himself aerodynamic in the cutting wind.

[say]"How would you even know?"[/say] Remi demands with a laugh. [say]"Maybe having someone else will make you more reckless."[/say] All that said, the musician does think that Hallway will try to keep his word about having Remi home at dawn. Whether the road or other vehicles interfere with those plans is yet to be seen.

[say]"I can do that."[/say] Remi warmly agrees, and it's perhaps a good thing that Ronin can't see the heat in his eyes because as it turns out, Remi is quite enjoying this joyride. The rev of the motorcycle vibrates through each and every one of Remi's bones such that his breath catches in his throat and his hands press against Ronin's stomach. However as the mechanic leans forward, Remi finds himself forced to do the same, his hands slipping lower to avoid where Ronin's jacket is bunching around his waist.

[say]"How fast is this?"[/say] Remi wonders, having nothing useful to gauge their speed against.

Ronin wants to disagree but honestly, he thinks that Bandcamp might be right about this one. The purr of the engine beneath them is one thing, but having someone to impress is another entirely, and whilst reckless might not be the word he'd use (even if it's fucking true), he's definitely keen to show off what he and the bike are capable of. So they shoot along the Brooklyn bridge with light streaking by at either side of them and pinpoints of the city glittering in the distance, and Ronin doesn't even think to check their speed until Remi requests it of him.

[say]"We're at 150 and climbing,"[/say] he lets Remi know, his voice surprisingly calm and collected to say that there's only strips of leather between them and the road. And that's not even thinking about what the impact would do. Funnily enough, Ronin finds that dwelling on that sort of stuff does not make him a very good rider. [say]"How do you like it?"[/say]

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Remi - 04-19-2021

How does he like it? Well, at present Remi is considering saying something like, you ever play chicken or go? and then plunging his hands between Ronin's thighs. However, given the and climbing when it came to their speed, Remi was reluctant to do anything that might take Ronin's focus off of the roads. No matter how much his hands itched to find themselves lower.

[say]"Well, my life hasn't flashed before my eyes yet."[/say] Remi replies with a laugh. [say]"What's Irish National for 'go on, lets have some more' ?"[/say] Much as the musician was a bit of a snob when it came to accents, he didn't think he'd be quite so charmed by the strange lilt to his new friend's voice as he was. As infuriating as he'd found it to be, never knowing if he was being cursed or encouraged by the man, he also found he wanted to hear those strange sounds rolling off of Ronin's lips again and again.

RE: whiskey, smoke and aces high - Ronin - 04-19-2021

For Ronin's part, had he known Remi's thoughts, he could only have mentally applauded the other man. Because he's right on both counts - that while he'd have thoroughly enjoyed their game of chicken, it probably would kill them both, and that's not really the aim of the game right now. So the musician's hands stay as they should, and the bridge flies past in blurs of colour. When the voice crackles in his ear, a grin spreads across his face, and were it not for the fact that Remi probably wouldn't feel it, he'd have shrugged.

[say]"Let's see,"[/say] he murmurs, even as he coaxes the engine further into a roar, [say]"That would be... dul ar aghaidh, a ligean ar a bheith againn níos mó."[/say] The lilt of his voice is somewhat lost in the hum of the bike and the wind rushing past them, though his laughter at the end of it will doubtlessly make it through, and Ronin cruises them towards 200.

Remi can't see the speedometer, so he doesn't know that they're pushing past Ronin's own upper limits. It would only take one errant swerve to reduce them both to burned skin and leather on the side of the road, but ignorance, as they say, is bliss. [say]"You know, it always sounds so much longer when you say it."[/say] The musician hums, his voice slightly raised to compete with the rushing of the wind.

The lights and colours of near-dusk blur past and Remi can't help but imagine what it would be like with a tab of acid humming through his veins. It'd likely look like a kaleidoscope, he thinks. Right up until he thought he could leap off the bike to touch one of the colours, thus killing them both.

So that's another thing best not done on a motorcycle.

[say]'For your first time with someone else, colour me impressed."[/say] The musician chuckles mischievously, opting for innuendos if he was forced to keep his hands where they were.

[say]"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"[/say] Ronin asks with a chuckle, and the adrenaline thruming through his veins means that he stopped looking at the speedometer a little while ago, though when he does glance at it - coupled with realising how much of the bridge is actually left - he eases up on the gas a bit. [say]"How do you say it in Italian, to compare?"[/say] he wonders.

But at the musician's next remark, he's blushing even if Remi can't see it. [say]"Is that so? I'll be writing that one down in my journal tonight,"[/say] he jokes, letting them slow down enough that they might get off the bridge safely. [say]"Where from here?"[/say] he wonders. [say]"We can go back over the bridge and get some drinks? Or we can keep going, and I can show you my place."[/say]

[say]"I'm not sure yet."[/say] Remi replies and were they not flying across the pavement, he might have dared a shrug against Ronin. [say]"It's vai avanti. Facciamo ancora un po '."[/say] Though because of how the words roll off of his tongue, ancora-un-po' sound like one word. [say]"You see? You Irish must have had an easy go of things way back when, to come up with such a slow language."[/say] He adds, his shit-eating grin more than audible. No, he doesn't know much of Ireland's history, but he knows enough to know that an easy-go-of-things it never was.

[say]"Dear diary, today a handsome rockstar gave me a compliment. It was the best day ever. Love, Ronin."[/say] Remi's voice is high and narrative-sounding as he says this, before laughing. At first going for drinks sounds like an excellent idea, until Ronin dangles the latter suggestions like an afterthought. [say]"Let's go back to yours. That way you can write in your diary while the ride is still fresh in your mind."[/say]

[say]"Now, now. There's a difference between things taking longer to say, and them sounding slow while I say them,"[/say] he informs his passenger, though honestly, he's listening less to the words and wondering more how the lips saying them will taste. Then the musician starts to narrate his diary-voice and if they weren't going so fast and it wasn't so liable to put them in danger, he might have elbowed Remi for his trouble. Instead he gets away with it, and they slow down enough coming off the Brooklyn Bridge so as not to die.

[say]"I can also write in my diary and get us some drinks as well,"[/say] he points out, as if this were merely a killing two birds with one stone situation and not a hurr I get to bring a boy back to my place situation. They're going slow enough now (read: below 80) for them to be able to see the world around them. And it's in a neighbourhood that's neither rough, necessarily, or upper class, that Ronin pulls them into an underground parking lot. [say]"So how did you like your first ride?"[/say]

[say]"I am not sure you want to challenge me to a who-can-speak-faster contest."[/say] Remi huffs back, all too confident that Irish or not, Italian would always be the faster language. Especially where his tongue was involved.

[say]"Can you? My. What talent."[/say] Remi snarks back, his voice dry despite the splotches of colour on his cheeks that are only partially a result of adrenaline. That Ronin lives in a slightly better part of town is surprising, but then, the pair could have rolled up to a mansion Prince of Bel Air style and Remi would still have been more interested in the man on the bike.

[say]'Come to my show next week, and maybe you'll hear a song about it.'[/say] Remi replies; such was the danger of even speaking to a musician, these days.

As they roll to a stop and the engine dies, Remi can't help by miss the vibration between his legs. His body feels strangely still without it, and as he tugs off his helmet, he's left feeling a bit like he's suddenly lost his sea-legs.