Court of the Fallen
i exist through my need to self-oblige - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: i exist through my need to self-oblige (/showthread.php?tid=5575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: i exist through my need to self-oblige - Frey - 05-14-2021

[say]"My this does look like fun."[/say] Frey's voice is bright and garish as they seem to breathe themself into existence. At first their body shifts continuously, their genitalia and bodily proportions going through a divine kaleidoscopic repertoire until they find Finn's gaze. And oh, if the Spyglass doesn't want to look up? No matter. Eyes are not the only windows to the soul. So it is that in their naked splendour they will don whatever it is Finn finds the most sexually alluring, while at the same time conjuring a ripe peach in one of their hands. Biting at the pale flesh and releasing juice which drips down their wrist and then their arm, they turn to look at Tobi—nude from the waist up—and frown at her obvious discomfort.

[say]"Such a chore being pregnant is, mmm sweet one?"[/say] They turn to look toward Dr. McDreamy. No one ever said channelling was fair, did they? [say]"Made all the more so by men and their know-it-all ways"[/say] Tossing their head back with a laugh, their fingers snap and the other doctor disappears. Where to? Down the hall, tossed over the Falling, to Mother Molly's; who knows?

Who cares?

Arousal blossoms in the room, and while this might be triggering for one like Finn (though probably nice for someone like Tobi, who probably can't even reach between her legs these days), there are no hands that paw at the Spyglass. With a heated smile cast toward Finn, the deity shrugs their shoulders with easy and effortless movements. [say]"There, honey lips. Now there's only you left to touch her."[/say]

RE: i exist through my need to self-oblige - Finn - 05-14-2021

Finn doesn't realise exactly what he's done until Frey's voice rings out, until McDreamy simply vanishes, and as his stormy eyes land upon the deity his lips part, his cheeks flush, and he can only tear his gaze away again to return it to Tobi. Because it will hardly be a surprise to learn that the Frey that appears shares many similarities to Doctor Hart, though an exact replica would be going too far for the depth of relationship they are in currently.

Swallowing hard, Frey's departure brings with it a ringing silence, a pulsing sense of arousal, and... confusion. [say]"I..."[/say] he begins, lamely. I'm sorry? He isn't. I didn't mean to? But he did. This is awkward. Is it, though? Compared to all else they've been through together, is it awkward, Finn? So in the end the Spyglass huffs out a laugh that's still thoroughly embarrassed, and he lets his hand slip out of Tobi's.

[say]"Would you like me to see if another doctor is free?"[/say] he asks gently. [say]"I... did not like how that one was treating either of us, but especially you."[/say]

RE: i exist through my need to self-oblige - October - 05-14-2021

She'll consider the ways Frey resembles her—and the ways they don't—in the days to come. For now though, Tobi is lost in surprise. Trying (and failing) to sit herself up, she clamps her teeth around a small moan that builds in the back of her throat as her legs press together in their efforts to make her more vertical.

Finn releases her hand which makes the moment all the more strange, and the doctor is left glancing over her shoulder at him. Confusion and isolation try to breathe ice in her veins, but Frey has warmed her body such that it's impossible. Turning back helplessly to the herald and finding her gaze drawn to their breasts (if only because they don't look painful at all), it's with great effort that she looks back to Finn.

[say]"He was just doing his job."[/say] Tobi protests weakly, shaking her head slightly. [say]"He could have been screaming at me for all I care, just so long as our baby is alright, and..."[/say] Well. She really would have liked that cream he talked about. Perhaps she might have asked Frey about that, but as she turns back to the end of the bed, there is no one there; gone is the heat between her legs and the sweetness in the air, leaving only two confused parents who seem to be anything but on the same page.

Finn has only let go of Tobi so he might begin to rise to his feet, but as she starts to try and sit up as well he falters, turning immediately back so he might help her. However she wants to be comfortable, he'll do his best to make her that way, though he feels a strange sense of emptiness now that the illusion of their child has disappeared.

[say]"I care,"[/say] he says quietly, not quite able to meet her eyes, but trying. [say]"I care if he's screaming at you, and if he's touching you in ways that hurt. I'm sorry, I just... I care, Tobi."[/say] That's the crux of all of this, however clumsy and terribly it's come about.

[say]"But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't still get the reassurance you need. So I can see if there is someone else available, or I can reschedule for another time,"[/say] he suggests, offering a fleeting smile. [say]"I just hope I didn't make you uncomfortable as well."[/say]

If Finn puts his hand against her upper back, or helps steady her shoulders, that will go far in helping the doctor sit up. Clutching at her shirt she pulls it closed, feeling all the more revealed now despite the fact that they're more alone than they were before. As cross as Tobi feels—all the parts made warm by Frey are now coiling tighter and tighter—one glance at Finn with his gaze that flits around and his fleeting smiles—has October sighing and wanting to curl into a ball.

[say]"Everything hurts, Finn."[/say] She replies with an exhausted chuckle. [say]"I'm pregnant. I'm swollen, and puffy, and chapped, and tired."[/say]

Exhaling with a groan, one of Tobi's hands goes to her belly, which is still smeared with gel. [say]"Do you think you could get me a paper towel?"[/say] Nodding her head toward the corner sink and the dispenser above it, she looks down and begins to awkwardly do up her shirt. She's gotten the buttons off, but fuck if she cares. Finn has just goded one of her co-workers who knew where, and she felt as big as a whale. So what if her buttons were done up wrong.

She doesn't give him a decision for the second time, and it leaves him flailing somewhat, so when she asks for a paper towel - something he can do - Finn nods immediately and moves away to fetch it for her. Passing it across, he finds himself with a furrowed brow at the edge of her bed, knowing very little about how to help her, or how she wants to be helped, or whether she even wants him there.

Chewing at the inside of his cheek, though, he tries. He hears what she does say, and searches for meaning in it, and after a moment or so he looks up, searching for her gaze. [say]"Let's go back to your apartment,"[/say] he decides. [say]"You can nap. I will come back to the clinic and I'll ask for something that will help you to feel better. I only know how to make soup, but I will make that for you as well, if you like."[/say]

Wiping at her stomach as best she can, Tobi eventually sighs and resigns herself to a shower instead. [say]"I think...depending on where Dr. realname went, it..."[/say] The wheels of her mind slowly turn, and Tobi realizes that if he just vanished, that at least for the time being, the clinic staff wouldn't have any reason to suspect Finn of foul play. That said (or, thought), she looks at Finn with a small smile. [say]"...I sort of always thought you were the type to silently glower in situations like this. Not call upon divine intervention."[/say] She says, looking at Finn a touch hesitantly, unsure if he'd be able to laugh all of this off as easily as she could.

[say]'Mmmm, soup.'[/say] Her mouth immediately starts to water. [say]"With garlic toast."[/say] Heaving herself off of the bed, her pants still mostly unbuttoned and her shirt poorly tucked in, she pauses and adds: [say]"And basil leaves with honey and goat cheese."[/say]

Her small smile is returned, at least - it seems that he is at least able to realise the funny side of a situation that has thoroughly turned ridiculous. [say]"This was my first time,"[/say] he says, as if in his defence, shrugging his shoulders and letting his gaze wander to the state of her clothing suddenly. It's an automatic reaction that has him stepping forward, his hands raising before pausing so he can look at the doctor. [say]"Your shirt is buttoned wrong. Would you like me to fix it for you?"[/say]

Soup seems to be a hit, at least, and the Spyglass's smile grows a bit. [say]"That doesn't sound too difficult. I think I can manage it. Would you like something warm to drink with it, or cool?"[/say] he asks - and of course he is already committing it all to memory. Tobi will have exactly what she has asked for, in as much capacity as Finn can provide.

[say]"Oh?"[/say] Tobi can't quite tell how she feels about that. Charmed to be sure, but it isn't obvious if she should be horrified or pleased. [say]"Well, everything certainly felt good while Frey was here, so..."[/say] She shrugs her shoulders, swallowing down the follow-up comment of, and I noticed how beautiful they looked; Tobi was not such a ray of sunshine that she was immune to jealousy, and of course she'd instantly noticed all the ways in which Frey looked nothing like her.

[say]'Oh, I...'[/say] She didn't care at all that her shirt was buttoned wrong, but maybe it would make Finn feel as though he was helping. [say]'Sure, if you want.'[/say]

The subject of food has fast caught Tobi's attention. [say]"And I mean the honey and cheese should be on the basil."[/say] She clarifies quickly and seriously. [say]"Mmm...both."[/say] Tobi decides after only a moment's hesitation. [say]"Cold lemon tea with cracked black pepper, and...mmm. Something sour maybe..or! what if we melt some toffee?"[/say]

Finn pointedly isn't thinking about Frey, and as Tobi gives her permission he deftly re-buttons her shirt and straightens it out for her until they're ready to leave. And so with that, he's opening the door to gesture for her to go first. Polite as always, is Finn. But then she's continuing to talk about what food she'd like and he nods his understanding at the clarification. Granted, Tobi starts to lose him when it comes to the drinks, and the puzzled look on his face says as much.

[say]"Shall I make a list? We may need ingredients,"[/say] he says. Because it is absolutely not a no, not in the slightest. [say]"Also I have never melted toffee, so you may need to supervise. We can bring a comfortable chair into the kitchen for you to sit in,"[/say] he decides.

Not wanting to lie to her colleagues, Tobi offers them a too-wide smile, as she walks as fast as she's able toward the doors which will lead them toward her own apartments. Gods she's glad she lives on this floor. [say]'Oh, well...'[/say] Biting at the inside of her cheek in thoughtful consideration, she weighs both wanting the delicious things she's dreamed up, with wanting Finn to stay. But...[say]"I'm sure I can just whip something up. Sorry Finn, I didn't mean to—"[/say] To turn a polite offer of making soup into an extravagant and elaborate ordeal?

Her cheeks flush as she eyes the plush red carpeting that leads the way toward her door. [say]"If anything, you're the one who is going to need food and things. We should probably...have some ready, for when you're able to eat."[/say] Because soon Finn was going to be a shuddering and shivering mess of a man. But in-between bouts of unconsciousness, he was going to need to eat.

[say]"You didn't,"[/say] Finn murmurs, sounding more put together than he has any right to, considering how his next few days are going to go. Snapdragon has its pros, after all. [say]"I'd like to do this for you, Tobi. I can see what ingredients are already there, and it won't take me long to get the rest from the Plaza,"[/say] he assures her with a smile, matching her pace in getting out of the clinic (though without any of the uneasiness).

[say]"While I am gone, you can take a nap, or try to."[/say] She had said she was tired, and hurting, and that makes the thought of what's to come twist in the pit of his stomach even more. [say]"I don't have to,"[/say] he mutters. [say]"I... this is going to be difficult enough for you without..."[/say] Without Finn being Finn, but worse.

It has just occurred to Tobi now, that while completing tasks like this is absolutely par for the course with Finn, this might be a manifestation of guilt as well. It makes her stomach feel like lead as they walk, and she silently wonders if it's better to let him do it and assuage himself of whatever he's feeling, or to just...call it out that he might not have to bother.

[say]'Mm?'[/say] She blinks. [say]'I think I might just...fill the bathtub with icewater and sit in it.'[/say] Gods but that sounded nice. [say]'Which is why having food saved up would be a good idea. Is there a cold-box in your apartment?'[/say] If not, she was sure that Ronin could have Sugar help make one easily enough. This was all under the assumption that they'd continue on as they had been, with Tobi spending some of her nights with Finn asleep at the foot of his bed. She'd been his doctor and friend before she'd became pregnant, and she was certainly better at taking care of him (or so she thought), than taking care of herself.

He rubs awkwardly at the back of his neck, unsure what to make of her words. The bath of ice water is confusing to say the least (it certainly doesn't sound pleasant, to be sure), and he isn't sure if she's understood his offer; that being the offer not to go cold turkey just as she's about to get to the last stage of her pregnancy. They arrive at her door and he lingers, waiting for her to open it.

[say]"There is,"[/say] he mumbles, [say]"but I don't know if it's a good idea to stay in my apartment."[/say] He tries to meet her eyes. [say]"You shouldn't need to spend so much time shifted. And climbing those stairs up to the attic isn't good for you. I can manage there alone, or I can find some accommodation elsewhere."[/say]