Court of the Fallen
A healer's request - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: A healer's request (/showthread.php?tid=5687)

A healer's request - Ray - 06-07-2021

With everything that was brewing within Caido, Ray had decided set out to the Greatwood shrine. It had taken a decent amount of reflection to decide who to seek out however. Rae had attuned her and was scientific, but Seren has mentioned that her mother might be inclined to help. And with Safrin being the herald of Vi, she seemed like the best choice. So packing her bag with traveling supplies, provisions, and offerings she set out. The journey was long, but she was determined, and made good time. Though her legs were a bit sore after so many days of walking.

Arriving at the shrine, she opened her bag and began to place her offerings. A fresh, homemade batch of her favorite cookies, a prized healing ointment she had made, and a beautiful circlet made from fresh cuttings of highly valuable medicinal herbs. Herbs that displayed an array of beautiful, vibrant flowers and leaves. The circlet had taken a good deal of time and resources to craft. But Seren had mentioned how her mother liked beautiful things, and so Ray had happily made the extra effort.

Offerings placed, Ray kneeled down and began to speak. "Hello, Lady Safrin. I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, I haven't gone to many shrines in my life. But I seek aid if you are willing to give it." She paused, collecting her thoughts. "The war will break out soon and as a healer I wish to be as ready and able as I can. I have already begun to stock up and preserve the herbs and supplies I will likely need the most of, as well as bandages and other resources. But I worry it will not be enough. If it is possible, is there something more that I can do? And if there is knowledge or resources I have yet to acquire that may be of use, if it pleases you, will you give me a clue as to how I may acquire them?"

Ray took a breath, brows furrowing slightly in determination. "If there is something that I can do in return for this aid, I will do it. Besides using my healing to harm, I am willing and ready to do whatever I physically can to earn this, if you are willing to provide it. And if not, I thank you simply for your time."

Ray took a deep breath, a small smile coming to her face. "Also, I think she may have beat me to it, but I promised Seren that I'd send you her love. She's wise beyond her years and I can't wait to see what she does in the future. I only hope she considers me a friend as I consider her to be one." Giving one last nod of respect, Ray finished her speech. "Thank your for your time and consideration." She then fell silent, still kneeling, waiting for a response if one was to come.

RE: A healer's request - Random Event - 06-09-2021

Unfortunately, Safrin doesn't show for Ray. But that doesn't mean her prayer has gone unheard. For now, all there is that Ray will find is that her offerings shift as if a wind pours through them and the trinkets the attuned has offered will slowly begin to slip away into nothingness, leaving nothing behind.

Perhaps the stars shine a bit brighter, too, for when the night blankets over the Greatwood.

RE: A healer's request - Ray - 06-09-2021

Ray won't lie. She was a bit disappointed at not receiving the answers she so desperately wanted. However she didn't dwell on it or feel any anger. She imagined that if she was prepping for war, so were the gods and they were likely busier then she was.  The fact that not only were her offerings seemingly accepted and that no negative ailments came upon her, was enough. Getting to her feet, she brushed the dirt off of her clothes. As she left the Attuned paused, eyes on the now glimmering stars. She felt a surge of hope and determination. Even if she only had her current resources at her disposal, she would make it work. Ray would protect her home and her loved ones to the best of her ability.

Giving the stars one last look, she swore an oath. [say]"I'll do my best." [/say]

{FIN}