Court of the Fallen
Dear Maeve - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Dear Maeve (/showthread.php?tid=5962)

Dear Maeve - Hotaru - 07-11-2021

Queen Maeve,

Funny how things have changed in a season. Here we are, leaders of lands. I want to say congratulations, though I regret that it means we will inevitably be unable to see each other.

I hope you understand now why I could not keep you near me for this. I almost wish I had, but then perhaps you would not be where you are now if I’d done so. Your safety has always been what matters to me.

Many things have changed since last we spoke. Frey Attuned me, though I’ve come to understand we are called hybrids, as my magic could not be erased. Remi was at the shrine with me, and well…to say the least, I am pregnant.

As happy as I am to be given the chance to be a mother again, I have never felt more alone. Remi’s involvement is new, so perhaps I shouldn’t feel so isolated - my other children’s fathers never stuck around, so what do I have to complain about?

Anyways. I apologize, I don’t want this letter to be an emotional burden after all I’ve already forced you through.

I hope you know I’m not writing this as Halo’s ruler. Only as a woman, and one who I hope can still be considered your friend after all this.

If you do not reply, know I understand and wish you all the best.

- Ru

RE: Dear Maeve - Maeve - 07-11-2021

Ru,

You don't have to call me that. Not when we're simply talking. You know that, right?

Things have changed drastically and I can say that this wasn't what I expected when we parted originally. I do understand why you chose to keep me away and I'm not sure how different things would have been if you did choose to keep me close, but there are times my mind drifts to you despite myself.

Congratulations on not only your Attunement, but also your pregnancy. It is admittedly surprising to hear of how it came to be, but I wish you well all the same. I hope your child is born healthy and happy.

I have news of the same kind... I'm not sure if you ever met Locke, but we were together for a time. That isn't the case any longer. He left me and left on the Ark. I didn't even get to tell him. I'm not sure he's even coming back. You are not the only one alone. I have Seren and my counterpart. My own bonded companion, Aidon, to support me as well, but the true family I saw myself having has been lost.

Do not think your emotions a burden to me. I wish that I could be there to support you more, but I suppose we'll have to settle for this.

Despite our newly appointed titles, I don't want things to come between us because of it. I still want you in my life. Even if that's only as my friend.

Sincerely,

Maeve

RE: Dear Maeve - Hotaru - 07-13-2021

Maeve,

I thought I'd try the title at least once. It has quite the ring, doesn't it? I've always preferred Queen to Governor - Warden is a strange adjustment for me as well.

Thank you. It has been a bright spot amidst the darkness of everything else. With you, I feel free to say that Remi being the father has created a range of difficulties to say the least. Even so, he is becoming a dear friend, and it is the first pregnancy I've had with someone who wants to be involved. It helps in not feeling so dreadfully alone.

That, and being able to speak to you again. I have missed you.

I do know Locke, though that is now going to be his downfall. If I lay eyes on him again, he will not escape unscathed from my wrath. His manner of leaving you alone would ensure my anger, but to have left you pregnant? I don't have words to express my sorrow for you. Please know I am here if ever you need me, even if I cannot be there in person to support you.

Congratulations all the same, for what it's worth. Did you ever desire motherhood? And congratulations on Aidon as well. Please keep him safe. I don't want you to experience anything close to the agony that I did.

I am here so long as you wish me to be. I cannot visit you in Torchline, but my door is always open on the other end. I'd like to, actually. See you that is. Whenever you have a moment of free time. I'm sure things are quite busy, pregnancy aside, with taking over ruling from Sunjata.

Take care not to stress yourself too much. You have Aurelia to lean on until the baby is born - there is no shame in being unable to do every duty in the meantime.

- Ru

RE: Dear Maeve - Maeve - 07-13-2021

Ru,

It does have a nice ring to it and I admittedly am a bit fond of the way it sounds, but you still have no need to call me that. Not when we're simply writing as friends. Should you wish to in jest, then I will allow it, but only if that's the case.

I can imagine that it has caused strain in other parts of your life, but Remi is a very kind person. On more than one occasion he has been there for me when others haven't. He will do right by you, if nothing else. I'm sure that is at least a comfort now.

I have missed you too.

He doesn't know, Ru. I never had the chance to tell him. I didn't find out until after he'd already departed on the Ark. I ask for you to please save your wrath until after I've had a chance to potentially see him and speak with him. If he chooses to leave me after I've tried, then his choice will have been made.

Thank you. I did want to be a mother. I've always desired children. I just never felt I had the opprotunity. Not the way I wanted to, at least. As a working Madame, it would have been incredibly easy to find myself with child, but I wanted more than just that. I wanted a family. A partner. For a time, it felt like I might have that with Locke, but I suppose I was too hopeful to think such things.

I will keep him safe. Aidon is one of the best things to happen to me. I love him with everything and he loves me just the same. I hope that you'll get to meet him someday soon.

I wish to see you too, but travelling is difficult. Portals seem to make me rather sick. Along with Safrin encouraging me to not use them at all... I'm a bit limited in my ability to travel. Not only that, but Aurelia has concerns of my seeing you. As much as it pains me to say as much. I do not wish for you to be more upset with her than you already are given all that has happened. I think for the time being it would be best for us to wait.

Unless perhaps we can ask Remi to bring us together in a dream? It is something to consider.

I'm trying to find a balance. There is a lot to do and prepare for. I do have Aurelia to help and for that I am grateful. I want you to know that she's been here for me when I didn't have anyone else. She's taken care of me, Ru. I don't know if that truly matters, but I want you to know that.

Sincerely,

Maeve

RE: Dear Maeve - Hotaru - 07-13-2021

Queen Nightshade,

I believe it best if our correspondence end here.

If you are incapable of trusting me or visiting me because of your ties to your co-ruler, I will not subject myself to the shame of jumping through hoops to prove myself in some arbitrary way. That is not a friendship, at least not a balanced one.

Please inform Queen Fireheart that I do not intend revenge for her actions against me, justified though I would find them. We have enough war on our hands.

Perhaps that will help her sleep better at night.

Respectful Goodbyes,

Warden Kaito

RE: Dear Maeve - Maeve - 07-13-2021

I'm sorry, Hotaru.

I wish you all the best.

~ Maeve