Court of the Fallen
wherever we roam - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: wherever we roam (/showthread.php?tid=5984)

Pages: 1 2

wherever we roam - Remi - 07-14-2021

It's a day as unremarkable as any other. One that, when the world grows dark and death tries to claw the two men into its grasp, Remi will probably look back and wonder why he didn't make more of moments like this one. Why he didn't take the time to colour-match the precise shade of sunlight as it hit the leaves, or why he hadn't nibbled on a bit of bark to see if the texture of it matched what he had in his mind. Instead of noting down all of these mundane details that would likely plague him in more hopeless moments, Remi simply strolls alongside the Stonesong with his fingers firmly tangled between Ronin's.

[say]"I learned something new."[/say] Remi says, conversationally. [say]"It's called a sandwich compliment, and no—"[/sAy] Hazarding a crooked glance towards Ronin, the alchemist grins. [say]"—it is not food. But it goes like this."[/say] Clearing his throat as if he's about to do something grand, the alchemist begins. [say]"You are the most handsome man I have ever seen in my life. I need you to be the General here because I'm absolutely terrible at all things military. Yours is absolutely my favourite ass to bite."[/say]

Honestly, there should have been fanfare.

[say]"You see? I sandwiched what I wanted between two compliments, and now you have to say yes."[/say]

RE: wherever we roam - Ronin - 07-14-2021

Ronin's eyes widen before his expression becomes much more disappointed to hear that the sandwich compliment wasn't just a sandwich served with a side of you're wonderfuls. Huffing out a sigh and squeezing Remi's fingers gently between his own, he goes back to nibbling at the peppermint bark between his lips. Then, raising an eyebrow as the Lullaby begins, he tilts his head slowly like he's really considering it as an example.

[say]"You want to bite my ass?"[/say] he guesses with a flash of a smile, before turning to walk backwards that he might tug Remi along with him. [say]"Back in Northaven, we called it a shit sandwich,"[/say] he murmurs, winking. [say]"...Let me get this right, though. After all the help I have given you over the years, with strategy and tactics and learning how to soldier... you still can't handle anything military."[/say] He grins.

[say]"And this wouldn't have anything to do with the word General?"[/say]

RE: wherever we roam - Remi - 07-14-2021

[say]"Almost always."[/say] Remi admits without even a second's worth of hesitation. [say]"It's so...so.."[/say] Honestly, just the thought of it is making his mouth water, dissolving whatever poor phrasing he might have use been about to use. Offering the Huntsman a look that's both an apology and a borderline threat of an impromptu roll in the hay (or grass, here in the Greatwood), the alchemist shrugs.

[say]"A shit sandwich?"[/say] He repeats, wincing. [say]"That sounds much worse."[/say]  Listening to his husband's rephrasing (it also sounding worse), the alchemist frowns down at the ground as they walk. [say]"Or, you are just so very good at it that it does not make sense for it to be anyone but you."[/say] He tries.

[say]"General?"[/say] Remi wants to bite kiss the peppermint bark right our from between his husband's lips, but instead he just shakes his head. [say]"I quite like the sound of Greatwood Dragon, actually."[/say]

[say]"Careful,"[/say] Ronin purrs with a smile curling at the corners of his lips. Remi isn't the only one with urges to contend with this season, and Ronin's fingers slip out from his husband's so his hand can sneak around to squeeze the alchemist's ass preemptively. [say]"It's so biteable,"[/say] he punctuates regardless, chuckling darkly and leaving his hand right where it is as he falls into step once more with the other man.

[say]"Oh, is that so?"[/say] He tilts his head, waiting for Remi to finish giving him all these new compliments to add to the sandwich, though he does snort as he backtracks on the naming conventions (which are, of course, vitally important to Ronin). [say]"You just said General,"[/say] he points out. [say]"But the Greatwood Dragon, huh? What do your other leaders think?"[/say]

There's something so intoxicating about the imagined feel of his skin pressed against the bark of a tree with Ronin's hands tangled around him, that it has Remi stutter-stepping as he strolls along. Clearing his throat and glancing up toward the trees as if perhaps an icy raincloud might appear to cool him off, the alchemist pulls in a breath that does absolutely nothing. [say]That's two.[/say] He sends to Ronin, in a tone they might have used on Mateo when he was younger. And what happened when we get to three? Well in this case, one of them would certainly end up on the ground.

[say]'Did I? Well. Only so that you would understand what I meant. "[/say] As for the other two? Oh... [say]"Absolutely in favour."[/say] He lies, beaming a smile at Roninand not at all bothering to hide the emotional flush that shivers out of him at having made so obvious a mistake already.

[say]"How unfortunate for me,"[/say] Ronin murmurs, giving Remi's ass another squeeze before letting him go. [say]"Two and a half?"[/say] he suggests of the next step in their little game, the Huntsman slipping an arm around his husband and drawing him close. [say]"Are they? Well isn't that fortuitous. I'll be your Greatwood Dragon, Remi. On one condition."[/say] And here he stops all of a sudden, turning them to face the Stonesong.

To face the very battered, sad, derelict looking houseboat tethered to the opposite side of the bank of the Stonesong. [say]"I would like to live there, please. That exact one. We will fix it up, and sail it somewhere further downriver where the water is a bit calmer."[/say] Raising his eyebrows at Remi, it's clear that he does not expect to be told no.

[say]"Two and three-quarters."[/say] Remi counters, as if they're suddenly bartering. As Ronin's arm moves back around his waist, the alchemist feels as though he's simultenously won and lost, which all things considered is probably the best outcome. [say]'Thank you, husband."[/say] Just as he's about to slip his hand into Ronin's back pocket and drag their total just that much closer to an even three, he's stopped. But not to be pressed against a tree as his lower half might have thought.

[say]"Is.."[/say] someone trapped inside, he's about to ask, when Ronin pops a very unexpected, but not unwelcome question. Indeed, it has the alchemist grinning from ear to ear, and rather than answering, Remi instead slips his arm through Ronin's and begins to drag the Huntsman into the river.

The water as much as this happy turn of events has fully watered down Remi's thoughts of shirts tossed into bushes and backs pressed against trees (all the more so as the water rises just below his crotch). [say]'Is...this at all like the wagon?'[/say] He asks cautiously. And by that of course he means, is it stolen?

Not that he minds, of course.

Remi is very welcome, though he knows that he's not really able to show him that, not now that they are distracted by the river and by the houseboat across the way. He barks out a laugh to see his husband blunder straight into the water, not that Ronin is far behind. He at least kicks off his shoes before following, hitching in a breath as the water freezes his libido and carries it off down the Stonesong.

Wading up beside Remi and then continuing on until the water is creeping past his waist and up towards his chest, he's forced to swim past the deepest parts of the Stonesong before he reaches the other side and the waiting boat. [say]"Abandoned,"[/say] he tells his husband. [say]"I've seen it a few times on walks. I asked about it - it's been left to rot. The Fae would be happy for us to take it off their hands. Needs a bit of TLC though!"[/say]

Remi is able to walk straight through the water as if it was as simple as ambling across a meadow. Of course, that was largely due to the tentacles spawning out of his lower half that helped him easily navigate the rushing water and slippery rocks.

[say]"Huh."[/say] Reaching out, he picks at a bit of paint which comes away instantly. Needing TLC is one of the more egregious understatements Ronin has probably ever made, but it has Remi's smiling widening even farther than before.  [say]'I love it.'[/say] He all but whispers as one of his legs stretches out and around the hull. A mortal problem. Something concrete that the pair could sink hours and sweat into that wasn't about the gods or an upcoming war. They could sing while they worked and pack lunches and argue about paint colours (they wouldn't, Ronin would make all the decorating choices of course).

[say]'And I love you. I want this. I want exactly this."[/say]

Ronin knows exactly why Remi is finding it so easy to go oozing through the water like he is, and he's pointedly not looking beneath the surface. Indeed, as his husband attaches himself to the houseboat like he's their own personal sea monster (and he is, and Ronin loves it), the Huntsman wades up and around to the prow of the boat, grinning at the (gods-awful) state of it. [say]"Yeah?"[/say] Remi could have said it in his head and Ronin would still have heard him, and he splashes back around to stand with the Lullaby.

[say]"I love you to. I want this as well - I want it very badly,"[/say] he admits, flashing a grin at him and leaning in for a sloppy kiss made all the more so by how the river's current unbalances him. [say]"Do you want to look inside? We can move it to wherever you want it to be, before we start working on it properly. I might have already checked..."[/say] He's blushing and he doesn't give a fuck. [say]"No leaks. The hull is sound. She's just ugly and old."[/say]

[say]'You know what I want very badly?'[/say] Remi hums back in a sing-song tone, the inevitable answer silenced by the sloppy press of Ronin's lips against his own. The Huntsman is warm in a way that perfectly matches the chill of the water. In an effort to keep his husband steady, one of Remi's limbs braces itself against the current given the ex-Star a bit of a respite from its push as well as something to lodge his feet near.

Narrow his eyes in an utterly unbelievable attempt to look upset that Ronin has already been inside without him, his expression turns properly horrified as their new home is insulted. [say]"Excuse you!"[/say] He mewls, removing the limb nearest Ronin so that water surges back at his ankles. [say]"One day you will be ugly and old."[/say] Given their lifestyle, that probably wouldn't ever happen, but even so.

Patting the bow with one of his tentacles soothingly, Remi leans his head against the boat and gives her another gentle pat. [say]"He is just jealous because of how much of my time I am going to be spent in you. He knows what my hands can do with wood."[/say]

[say]"Excuse me - one day I will be old. I won't ever be ugly,"[/say] Ronin objects. It's a complicated flex of emotions that come over him, then - he's mildly horrified but reassured at the tentacle that steadies him, then panicked when the support goes away - and then right back to horrified as Remi smooths their new home with one of his limbs. But he can only wrinkle his nose and fold his arms, a sudden surge of possessiveness coming over him at the idea of a boat stealing the Lullaby's attention.

[say]"Hey. Hey. Enough flirting with her! You want the grand tour? And you can even name her, if it means that much to you."[/say] He pats the side of the boat as well (more paint flakes off), as if to make up for his rudeness.

Remi gives his husband a sullen nod, before turning to whisper against the side of the boat: [say]"We'll continue this later."[/say]

Filled with a buoyancy that only Ronin can bring out in him, Remi slorps his way up the side of the boat. His suckers make popping sounds as he releases them, and if they're louder than they need to be to make Ronin cringe, there's absolutely no way of proving it. Rather than open the door that will lead them down below deck (partially because he's afraid he'll inadvertently pull it off its hinges), Remi turns and flashes Ronin an entirely adoring smile. [say]'After you?'[/say]

Entirely human now, should Ronin try and slip past him to simply open the door, he'll find himself tugged into the Lullaby's arms. [say]'This is going to be good for us.'[/say] He whispers, his voice pitching slightly higher with eagerness as his lips brush against Ronin's.

Up Remi goes, and whilst Ronin does pull a face to see him attack their new house like the kraken he is, there's a little bit of joy there too, that his husband is so carefree. And so Ronin trudges up and out of the water so he can climb aboard properly, finding his (thankfully human) counterpart waiting for him. [say]"Sure,"[/say] he murmurs, the words warped around his bright smile, and when he's prevented from going inside by (oh no) kisses, he doesn't complain in the slightest.

[say]"You think so?"[/say] he whispers back, winding his arms around his husband and spending a moment just to enjoy his presence, their wet clothes and the smell of damp and rot and everything. Then his hand reaches out to push open the door. It's dark punctuated by shafts of light from shutters no longer attached to windows, and the floor is littered with old junk; broken barrels, rotting canvas, scraps of clothing and woodchips.

[say]"She's beautiful, right?"[/say] he breathes.