Court of the Fallen
[SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night (/showthread.php?tid=608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Phoebe - 02-15-2019

The comforting mumbling, the slight pressure of his arms around her torso, simply his presence...it all lent itself to calming her nerves. Not completely, but for the moment. She did not feel guilty as he did when she noticed that he smelled nice...not in a girly way of course, he didn't smell like flowers but more like the environment he lived and worked in. Fresh tilled earth, firewood - scents she considered distinctly masculine for whatever reason. At any rate it gave her something pleasant to focus on.

[say]"Stop saying you're not very smart, you are smart."[/say] she said quietly. [say]"Do the noises get worse?"[/say] she asked, tilting her head up a little so she could look at him...but decided to stay where she was. It was comfortable and...well it felt safer even though it probably wasn't any safer than she had been sitting at a respectable distance.

[say]"I can't believe I ever thought I would just sit through this alone."[/say] she said with a sigh. Boy that would have been a serious mistake. But then she paused and considered him for a moment. A question was nagging the back of her mind...and it would probably make things awkward but she had to ask. [say]"How come you don't want me to be your girlfriend?"[/say]she asked softly but directly, the little bit of hurt welling up in her gut again. [say]"Is it because I'm an outlander...or...something else?"[/say]

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Emmett - 02-16-2019

He just rolled his eyes when she said he was smart. He'd never been gifted academically, so he assumed he wasn't gifted at all.  Everybody around him could work on the farm so it didn't feel all that special. [say]"It depends on what y'mean by worse. They try different stuff,  but it goes up n' down all the time. "[/say]

Phoebe's question made Emmett pause with a start, and he immediately began to babble out an explanation. [say]"No! No. I'd like you t'be my girlfriend very much if I were to ever be so lucky. But I don' wanna presume such things 'bout you."[/say]

True, he was holding Phoebe in a bed and noticing the smell of her hair and trying not to think of how nicely the curves of her hip fit against his...but that didn't mean they were dating. He moved to hold her a little tighter, took a breath and asked: [say]"Y'wouldn't want me to be your boyfriend now, would ya? Just a farm boy?"[/say]

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Phoebe - 02-16-2019

Phoebe couldn't really see him roll his eyes given the angle she was sitting at. She just assumed he heard what she said and would either take it to heart or ignore it. Of course, if he ignored it she would just remind him of it again later. But his answer to her question made her brow furrow. It...wasn't really an answer, nor was it reassuring. [say]"Different things? Like what?"[/say] she asked, a bit nervously.

Her question made him still and for a moment she thought for certain she had messed up. Internally she chastised herself. She should have kept her questions to herself, stupid! Phoebe swallowed a lump in her throat and scooched herself up so she was sitting a little straighter, anticipating that he would be letting her go.

But quite the contrary. He tightened his hold on her, which made her heart begin to race, and she looked at him in confusion.

Her face flushed a dark red, watching him wide eyed as he insisted the exact opposite of what she had anticipated. Her shock was evident, stunned to silence, lips slightly parted as her jaw dropped. Words were slow to come, though it would be a stretch to take her pause as hesitation, obviously being rooted in her being thrown completely off center. [say]"I-i..."[/say] she stuttered, feeling her heart begin to pound again. [say]"I mean...I-i...well yes I would but not if...you're just saying so because I asked that question..."[/say] she mumbled, looking down at the blankets.

[say]"Voices, sometimes...knockin', screamin'.... but it usually isn't real. So don't pay it too much mind. "[/say] Emmett said far too casually, shrugging. He had always grown up being told the noises outside were false and found them easy to dismiss.

He moved a little bit backwards as she looked at him, worried he'd monumentally messed his chances up. But then she said yes. Emmett couldn't help the grin and shocked laugh that came from him. She actually wanted to be his girlfriend? It was bizarre.

But he knew not to turn down a good gift, and the universe was giving him one right now. He reached down to stroke her hair and softly smiled. [say]"I'm askin' cos I think you're real smart and work hard, n' to boot you're really pretty."[/say] Emmett took a deep breath and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

How he could be so relaxed about the things he described - screaming? The thought alone sent a shiver down her spine. The creepy laughter had been enough to thoroughly freak her out. This was going to be a very Long Night indeed. She was pretty sure she would have nightmares for weeks following it.

But for the moment she had a very good distraction.

She was fairly certain if her heart beat any faster it was bound to fail or thump right out of her chest. But...well he was smiling and laughing... was it at her?! Momentarily her brows furrowed in worry, but it was quickly assuaged as his hand ran over her hair. If he was going to make fun of her he would do something like that, right? Her ability to doubt his intent completely dissipated with the compliments. She was smart and a hard worker...and he thought she was pretty; her blush couldn't have gotten darker.

Phoebe's lashes fluttered as his lips blushed against her cheek, her stomach doing flips, her heart certainly skipping a beat. She felt frozen in place, her brain stopping for a moment. She was shy by nature and his...boldness was shocking her system. But her lips twitched to small, nervous smile, unable to hold his gaze for very long. [say]"So..."[/say] she said quietly. Where did they stand? Was he her boyfriend? Was she his girlfriend? Or...were they just going to make statements about what they wanted and go on as if nothing had changed?

[say]"So."[/say] Emmett repeated with a soft smile on his face. This was nervewrecking territory but he was happy and content to be here, even with the dark and noise outside. [say]"You wanna be my girlfriend, and I wanna be your boyfriend."[/say]

He shifted down and gently pulled Phoebe up. [say]"I guess...we should do something about that."[/say] He was acting far more confident than he felt, but you had to fake it til you made it sometimes. [say]"Can I kiss you, Bee?"[/say]

Emmett wasn't paying attention to anything but Phoebe, but if he had been he would have noticed an "oooooh" from outside the door.

"So."

A word had never weighed down the air so much before. It sucked it from her lungs and the room around them as she waited, anxious for what would follow. She didn't dare hope that he might say what she wanted him to. She didn't dare hope that he might do what she wanted him to. That 'so' seemed to stop time itself, the mere moment spanning seconds, then minutes, then hours, to days, to years of anticipation.

And when it ended it seemed to have passed in an instant.

Emmett shifted her in his arms with ease, and she found her heart fluttering again as her face was brought close to his; not terribly unlike when he had saved her from being crushed under the cabinet. Deceivingly strong was a good way to describe him, she thought, and it excited her in a very unfamiliar but pleasant way. Naturally her arms found places to rest comfortably, one around his side and back, the other pressed against his chest.

"I guess...we should do something about that."

But what?? What were they going to do about that? She wasn't bold enough or strong willed enough on the typical day to make that decision. Emmett didn't leave her to question long, but his question sent her heart into an almost panicked pace once more. Without hesitation she started to nod...then heard the little unmistakable sound of nosey siblings from outside the door. Her cheeks flushed, and she suddenly realized she had been holding her breath as she glanced towards the door. [say]"I-i think we have an audience..."[/say] she said quietly, voice breathy from not breathing like she ought.

Emmett leaned down to kiss Phoebe as soon as she nodded, getting close enough that he felt her breath against his face before he was interrupted by Phoebe pointing out the noises outside the door. He glanced towards it then shrugged. [say]"Don' worry. They'll go, n' I really wanna do this."[/say]

So he did. Cupping her chin, he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers, his other hand going to hold her side. His chest filled with joyful heat at the soft simple kiss; he didn't push it any further. The sounds at the door turned to silence then receeding footsteps so he tilted his head and deepened the kiss just a little, opening his mouth and licking his tongue just lightly across her lip before he pulled away.

[say]"Was that okay, Bee?"[/say] He flicked his eyes up and down her face, one corner of his mouth turned up in a slight smile.

His insistence on ignoring the very obvious, very giggly audience made her blush deepen and eyes widen slightly. It certainly made her feel good about herself in a weird sort of way...that he didn't care what sort of grief his siblings might give him later he wanted to kiss her right that instant. It gave her a warm feeling in her stomach that she couldn't quite place, the sensation only becoming more intense when took her chin to forcibly (not that she resisted at all) tilt her face up to his.

His lips gently pressed against hers and for a moment she was...a bit underwhelmed. A simple, chaste little kiss that was far from the sort of passionate thing one reads about in novels they'd much rather not admit to having hid under their bed. But as the little pitter patter of feet indicated their audience was gone, Phoebe was more than rewarded for her patience. She had very little idea what she was doing but she had a vague understanding of what she was supposed to do, moving her lips against his, near meltong against his side. Her breath hitched a little at his more bold actions, eyes still closed as he pulled away.

Brown eyes fluttered opened, feeling breathless and red-cheeked. It took her a second to respond but she nodded a little, smiling brightly up at him. [say]"U-uh-huh..."[/say] she managed after a moment.

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Emmett - 02-17-2019

Seeing Phoebe's dazed expression and hearing her soft confirmation made him laugh, a smile that truly reached his eyes coming to Emmett's face. He was so happy in the moment he thought he might soar out through the ceiling, even with the darkness outside. She was smart and perfect and it looked like she might be his. It was unbelievable.

[say]"So uh...I guess you are my girlfriend then now. Right?"[/say] He looked down and rolled his eyes. [say]"Aw jeez. I'm gonna get so made fun of downstairs. It's gonna be endless. Maybe we shouldn' tell til this is over."[/say] Emmett could already hear his mothers overbearing questions and the cooing of his siblings, the grumbly attempts of advice from his father.

He shifted a little further up the bed and brought Phoebe with him, kissed the top of her head and continued to smile wide. [say]"...You ever had a boyfriend 'fore?"[/say]

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Random Event - 02-17-2019

The herd shuffles.

Hooves, but not those of the luxere.

The air is...palpable with something. Something that leans and lends meaning, if only there were witness to it. From the depths of the snow something emerges. Something that might unravel the mystery of LongNight, but the elder Palmer's knit and read, fuss over boiled cabbage and crosswords. The children sing songs and peek through keyholes, laughing as they imitate the shininess of Phoebe's hair.

And within, the middle son edges closer to becoming a man.

None see what comes closer.

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Phoebe - 02-17-2019

[say]"Uhm...yes, I suppose so..."[/say] she said, still blushing. She couldn't believe it frankly...well...maybe if he wasn't still holding her she could not believe it. But it was true...and so unexpected! Oh she hoped Remi approved of him! But...for a moment the high was dampened. He...didn't want to tell anyone, because they would tease him? Would his family not approve of her? Her brows furrowed and she glanced down. [say]"O-oh...they...won't approve you think?"[/say] she asked quietly.

He was still smiling though...did he not care if his famiky approved? She sure cared! [say]"No. I haven't...have you had a girlfriend before?"[/say] she asked, making herself smile a little. His hair had fallen foreward on his forehead and she actually smiled then. Gently she reached up and ran her fingers through his hair to push it back in place. The motion continue down the back of his head and neck, fingertips running over his shoulder and stopping in his chest.

But the sounds of the shifting herd caught her attention and once more she looked at the boarded up window. [say]"Why are the Luxere moving?"[/say] she asked nervously.

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Emmett - 02-17-2019

[say]"Well nah, they'll approve plenty. Y'work in a good job and are real nice. It's just...I got a lot of lil brothers and sisters."[/say] Emmett laughed. It really didn't matter if he was dating the best person in the whole world, he was still going to get teased by his family for it. He didn't really mind too much, even though he knew it would be embarrassing.

When she asked if he'd had a girlfriend before he shook his head. The only 'girlfriend' he'd ever had had been a next door farm girl when he was 11. They had shared a bag of apples once and he had given her a note saying she was pretty; hardly an adult whirlwind romance.

He heard the Luxere moving too and sat up, looking towards the window. [say]"...Uh...dunno. They usually stay in one spot. Maybe they're just a bit bored of bein' here. I'm sure they'll come back, if they even go that far."[/say] The loss of the security of the Luxere did make him feel a bit insecure, but Emmett was sure it would be alright anyway. [say]"I think I'm gonna spend some time making your clinic all ready for LongNight next year, so you can stay there if you gotta. You know, if you have any patients. I'll stay with ya."[/say]

RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - Phoebe - 02-17-2019

Ohhhh. Phoebe smiled a little, feeling less upset now. It wasn't that she was an embarrassment to him personally, or that his family wouldn't like her. It was just the politics of having little siblings to make everything more...cumbersome. She couldn't speak much to it, having been the baby of her family, but she knew she had embarrassed her siblings with their significant others on more than one occasion. [say]"Speaking as a younger sibling...if you don't let it seem like it bothers you they will stop because it isn't fun."[/say] she advised with a grin. It was why she had never really antagonized her brother - he wasn't antagonizable.

So neither of them had been with anyone before...it made her heart flutter a bit to realize it. It definitely made her feel rather special.

But her happiness soon melted to nervousness. It was the first time Emmett had seemed somewhat unsure in his answer regarding the activity outside. She shifted how she sat, visibly uncomfortable. His confidence had been soothing. Now her nerves were creeping back up. [say]"I would appreciate that... I should probably consider expanding the place...it isn't like I could do a house call during this after all."[/say] she said, giving him a small smile. But now...well now she wished they were down with everyone else...as if having more people around would ease the creepy factor. [say]"Well I should probably get dressed and we should go join everyone, don't you think?"[/say] she asked. She was still in a sleeping dress, though all her sleeping clothes were as good as regular dresses. It made middle of the night house calls much easier.