Court of the Fallen
[SE] hark the heralds - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SE] hark the heralds (/showthread.php?tid=6182)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-09-2021

After shooing Sugar away from trying to bother him and letting his wings fold back into his shoulders, Ronin gives his full attention to Remi's artistry, and the rosy tone to his cheeks is only partially because of the cold. [say]"You make me feel like a wonderland,"[/say] he fires back happily, nodding at the Lullaby's suggestions. [say]"Maybe we could make a few more to border the hotspring when it's done,"[/say] he suggests. [say]"I could touch those too, and we could have a little moonlight dip."[/say]

With his hand happily surrendered, Ronin steps close against Remi's side to lean against him, stealing a quick kiss from his cheek. [say]"Mm...? Of course you can,"[/say] he says, though he does raise an eyebrow as a twang of nerves shudders through their bond. [say]"Should I be worried?"[/say]

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-09-2021

[say]"Midnight, moonlight, sunrise?"[/say] Remi hums back musically, feeling as though he could spend an eternity in a hot spring with his husband and never grow tired of it.

Feeling Ronin's uncertainty, the alchemist immediately chuckles apologetically and shakes his head. [say]"No, no. It's just more of a serious question than frozen-ball placement."[/say] So saying, Remi looks up toward the pale circle of sun peeping through the trees and squints. [say]"What do you think I should do with the sword?"[/say] He asks, not thinking he needed to provide any context for what sword it was he meant.

[say]"I don't think anyone knows that I have it other than Sunjata, but I do wonder if someone wouldn't come looking for it if they did."[/say] The alchemist asks, looking away from the trees with a slight frown. [say]"I also wondered about giving it to someone else, but then...that might put them in danger."[/say] Ronin, whose instincts about such things were usually far better than his own, was of course the only opinion Remi would likely listen to on this particular subject.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-09-2021

Almost instantly Ronin relaxes against Remi, smiling his relief and pressing another kiss to his cheek as his arms come snaking around the other man. [say]"Frozen ball placement is very serious, I'll have you know,"[/say] he murmurs, careful not to squash Oria as he enjoys their closeness. Hearing Remi out, Ronin's silence is testament to how he's taking this seriously, and he absently teases his fingers along the edge of the alchemist's scarf.

[say]"I would suggest handing it over to the Order, if only because Stormbreak is so well defended,"[/say] he begins, but he doesn't sounds particularly enthused by the idea. [say]"Honestly, it's probably safest right where it is,"[/say] he admits after a few moments more of thinking. [say]"Not that I have ever known you to favour a sword. Do you know any trustworthy swordsmen or women?"[/say]

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-09-2021

How are you so handsome? Those are the sorts of thoughts rattling around Remi's mind as he expels his worries onto his husband and lets the Huntsman deal with them instead. What Ronin comes back with is surprising enough to distract the alchemist from his husband's blue eyes and unfairly long eyelashes with a start. [say]"The Order? [/say] Stormbreak was well defended, yes, but...[say]"Cian's-robe-cult Order?"[/say] Remi asks, incredulous.

[say]"No, I can't think of when I have used a sword. Or, used a sword well."[/say] He agrees with a sigh that creates a small cloud in front of his lips. [say]"I don't, actually. Amalia..Phoebe, Maeve..Aurelia? Aurelia is probably the closest but after the way she just up and disappeared in the desert.."[/say] He trails off, shrugging at that. And as for the men? [say]"You, if anyone. Sunjata, if he wasn't so..."[/say] Again, Remi lets his lack of words say what he couldn't quite articulate.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-11-2021

[say]"Yes, that Order. Which is why I promptly changed my mind. However much Cian would probably think that such a weapon belongs with them, it isn't really his decision here. You found the sword and you were given the information from Mort."[/say] Remi's incredulity only cements Ronin's decision, and he lets his fingers move up to smooth along the Lullaby's stubbled jawline, as if to soothe any metaphorically ruffled feathers.

The examples of appropriate candidates for deathswords are taken as seriously as the rest of the conversation, even if Ronin can't stop himself from nosing into Remi's curls. He smells like Deepfrost and woodlands and peppermint - one can hardly blame him. [say]"If what you suspect about the sword is true,"[/say] that being that it had thought about killing Remi when he first picked it up, [say]"then that makes it a pretty powerful weapon. My main concern would be making sure it's given to someone who won't be able to forfeit it very easily."

"Aurelia is a good candidate, but I worry about someone forcefully taking it from her. Not that I have even seen her recently. Maeve is having a baby. Phoebe doesn't seem the type to wield a sword, and Amalia is a sworn pacifist."[/say] He winces. [say]"She'd be my pick if you just wanted it kept safe."[/say]

His eyebrows raise to hear himself included in the bunch, though perhaps it shouldn't be surprising. [say]"Sunjata has enough on his plate,"[/say] he agrees. [say]"Swords aren't my first choice, but I guess I am trained to use them. If you want to leave it with me I'll take care of it, obviously. Or I can teach you how to swordfight. Choice is yours."[/say]

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-14-2021

[say]"I would sort of like to see him try."[/say] Remi says of Cian, flashing his husband a small and deadly smile.

Listening carefully, Remi's eyes take on a faraway glint as he stares into the distance. Every now and then he nods at something Ronin has to say, or pulls a face, but largely remains quiet. Though the alchemist isn't selfish about powerful artifacts, he feels hesitant to give the sword away...Or at least, he feels hesitant to give it away to those that they're discussing, largely for the reasons that Ronin has mentioned.

[say]"I do not want to put anyone else at risk...but nor do I think I am a sword-guy."[/say] Sword-guy is said incredibly awkwardly especially given Remi's accent, as if the words simply do not belong together. And indeed, Remi was monstrous on the battlefield if he was anything at all.

[say]"I suppose hiding it is out of the question, mm?"[/say]

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-14-2021

The accent as well as the chosen terminology is enough to bring a smile to Ronin's face, and he nods his agreement and gives the other man a gentle squeeze. [say]"Nor should you be. Though can you imagine if we got you eight swords, and you could hold one in each of your kraken tentacles?"[/say] he asks with raised eyebrows.

[say]"As for hiding it, usually I'd be all for it, but... it was pretty well hidden where it was, don't you think? There was a reason Mort asked you to go and find it, and I don't think it was to keep it safely out of sight forever."[/say] Much as Ronin hates to admit it, because damn does it make the prospect of war very, very real indeed.

[say]"If you're not sure, though, then I think having it with you - even if you don't use it - is probably safest."[/say]

Remi pauses looking inappropriately thoughtful before breaking out into a sunny grin. [say]"They would look like toothpicks. Very deadly toothpicks, but toothpicks just the same."[/say] He decides, and if sushi wasn't already a thing in Caido, it certainly would be if krakken-remi was allowed to flail about in the ocean with 8 swords.

Staring down at one of the coloured blobs of ice and chewing at his bottom lip, the alchemist pulls in a long breath through his nose before exhaling it as he nods. [say]"You are probably right."[/say] He agrees glumly, before looking at his husband from beneath his eyebrows with a slight smirk. [say]"Though...Ludo did say that it would be up to Mort or Vi to start the war...and leading me to a relic? Perhaps that is a sign that things can begin sooner rather than later."[/say]

[say]"It looks kind of cute in my head,"[/say] Ronin admits, before grinning just as fiendishly back at his husband and resisting the urge to spin him around on the roof of the boat for no other reason than he's worried they'll slip and fall off the wrong side (and into the freezing water). [say]"But then again that's probably because I imagine that the kraken has dimples."[/say] Laughing and sneaking a kiss into Remi's curls that has his cold nose pressed to the shell of the alchemist's ear, Ronin relaxes and gazes down at their colourful icy orbs again.

[say]"Mm, if you're very keen to start the war, could you wait until after Deepfrost please?"[/say] he asks warmly, like it's a reasonable request. [say]"I've got plans, you see. We've got to go ice skating on the Stonesong, and finish this hotspring, and we need to carve peppermint bark cups and build a sled and all sorts of other things."[/say]

[say]"Do I have dimples as a krakken?"[/say] There wasn't a mirror large enough for Remi to see himself in that particular shift, and while he was fairly certain his husband was just being a shit (he didn't even really have a mouth with which to smile with, so surely he couldn't have dimples..?) he did now wonder.

[say]"nnnnn."[/say] Remi protests under his breath as Ronin's cold nose presses into his ear—not that he makes any attempt to move away. [say]'Wh—oh well. I suppose that sounds reasonable."[/say] Not sharing the Huntsman's concerns for plummeting into the Stonesong, Remi turns toward his husband to tug him into his arms that he might press a kiss against Ronin's lips that would in turn force Ronin backward and into Remi's waiting hands. Hopefully this dip would remain strictly romantic and not icy cold, but the pair had more than a few ways of warming themselves up should either lose their balance.

[say]"Even if you don't, I like to pretend I can see them,"[/say] Ronin says, confirming that he is indeed being a shit, but either way it's an interesting little thought for the alchemist to run through his mind. Chuckling to hear his husband's protests, he melts into the kiss without any of the same reservations about the cold, and were they not the men they were, the Huntsman absolutely would not be flexible enough to manage this romantic dip.

They get lucky today and stay free of the Stonesong, leaving Ronin pleasantly flushed as he straightens up, cupping Remi's cheeks in his hands and leaning in for another kiss, though this one is more chaste. [say]"Do you want to come and help dig the hotspring? Or shall we head inside for a break for now?"[/say] he asks.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-18-2021

Gods but Ronin's lips on his own in whatever manner the Huntsman decided, was bliss. Closing his eyes longer than the relatively brief and chaste kiss should have allowed for, Remi lets his smile grow steadily wider and wider, still relishing this strange domestic weekend they'd been afforded.

[say]"No, I'll help."[/say] Remi says with an agreeable nod. [say]"How do you want to go about it?"[/say] Godly-strong, they could dig the trenches and basin-area easily enough with shovels. They could also shift and tear up the earth that way as well, though Remi didn't want to endanger their home if Ronin wasn't feeling in control of himself.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-18-2021

Remi isn't the only one relishing this unlooked for bout of normality, and even against Ronin's lips, the Lullaby's smile is still contagious. [say]"Mm, I've just been digging with a shovel at the moment,"[/say] he says, brushing a few snowflakes out of Remi's curls before heading away to climb down from their boat and back to the riverbank. [say]"I'm kind of winging it, honestly,"[/say] he confesses, though it should hardly be a surprise there. [say]"I've never made a hotspring before."[/say]

Given that they are usually natural occurrences, that's probably quite normal, and yet here they are. Handing Remi another shovel, Ronin grabs his own and leads his husband along the trench he's been digging towards the basin some metres away from the bank. [say]"I didn't want us to fall into the Stonesong by accident,"[/say] he explains.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-18-2021

Finding it sweet in a way he can hardly give words to, the alchemist's face lights up with affection as snowflakes are brushed from his curls. [say]"You haven't?"[/say] Remi repeats with mock incredulity as if the only reason Ronin had been assigned this task was because of his hypothetical prowess in this area.

Accepting a shovel with a frown as if completely unsure what he's meant to do with it, Remi trudges after the Huntsman toward where a fairly adept trench has been built. [say]"What if it was on purpose?"[/say] He wonders with a slanted grin, bobbing his eyebrows. [say]"I have heard going from hot to cold can be quite good for the body."[/say] Whether or not that was actually something Isla had ever told him or if he was making it up was anyone's guess.