Court of the Fallen
[SE] hark the heralds - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SE] hark the heralds (/showthread.php?tid=6182)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-03-2021

[say]"I will have to make sure it's true. I trust my skills to make it happen,"[/say] Ronin says with a dark little smile, glancing around when Remi takes a break to survey the number of trees he's managed to fell. [say]"I think that should work for us for now. Once I've chopped this into firewood we can drop by Vai's on our way home?"[/say] It shouldn't take them all that long - menial tasks, while soothing in their predictability, weren't all day tasks as they'd used to be.

Ronin bends to his work once more, casually tossing Remi a one fingered salute for his trouble and scrunching his nose at the mere consideration of the Voice's origins. [say]"Even if that is how she started, I don't think we have to worry about that with you. You're much too handsome and clever to turn into a spooky man-god,"[/say] he decides, glancing over his shoulder. [say]"Have you seen anything more of Mort, since your last womble into the woods?"[/say]

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-03-2021

Turning to appraise the small clearing that the pair have managed to create, Remi rubs at his nose considerately before nodding. [say]"I agree."[/say] He concurs helpfully, stiffling the urge to strip off his sweaty clothes if only because he knew what a terrible idea it would be about thirty seconds after he did it. [say]"Gods I wish we'd made that spring from Frey's Breath. Your compass won't just...zap us there, will it?"[/say] Remi's voice is hopeful even though he's well aware of the limits that come with Ronin's compass.

[say]"Oh ho."[/say] Stretching his fingers out and wiggling them at Ronin, his skin begins to disappear to reveal bone beneath that bends strangely to the light around them. [say]"I suppose I shall just stay a spooky man demi-god then. Besides, from what I have seen of the gods, it is just a lot of...showing up when needed, being asked for things, and being ignored the rest of the time."[/say] Which, for all the good cheer Mort had imbued into his life, was still not the sort of thing he wanted for his future.

[say]"Nope, and honestly I am not sure I would want to see him again so soon. It's like...having too much of a good thing. Like when you laugh too long and you start to ache everywhere and nearly pee yourself, but you can't help it."[/say]

Grumbling his agreement, Ronin takes a pause in his chopping just to lament the fact that there are no hot springs here in the Greatwood. [say]"I wish. If I could teleport us there I would for sure,"[/say] he mutters, before finishing the rest of the logs off. [say]"That being said, there's nothing stopping us flying over there for a little time away. Or..."[/say] and here of course Ronin looks appropriately wicked, [say]"we could find a place here and I'll warm up the water."[/say] It would make his phoenix very unhappy, but a hot spring would be nice.

[say]"Don't you spook your fingers at me,"[/say] the Huntsman huffs playfully, and as if to make his point properly, he gathers up some firewood to thrust towards his husband's outstretched arms. [say]"I much prefer living with you as a spooky man-demi-god. Even if your skeleton fingers creep me out a bit."[/say] Gathering some lumber of his own, he trudges out to continue to stack it on the sled.

His laughter echoes merrily around the woods, then, and a few startled crows take flight. [say]"Sorry, I just can't get the image of you peeing yourself when you see Mort next out of my head. I bet he would take it surprisingly well."[/say]

While Ronin's expression turns wicked, Remi's turns thoughtful. [say]"I wonder if we'd be able to divert a bit of water from the Stonestone and make our own mini hotspring. If we dug a trench and dammed it on one side, we could line it with rocks that would hold the heat. Maybe instead of being in the water you could sit on some stones like a chicken, and then we'd just toss them in after. And—"[/say] Remi carries on, sounding excited. [say]"You could touch a bunch of them so that they glow."[/say]

Frowning and abruptly shifting back so that the wood wouldn't fall through his hands, Remi huffs loudly, pantomiming dramatically the always-misunderstood spook that he was. [say]"If I see Mort again, and you know? He probably would."[/say] Remi can't even disagree with his husband, because in all likelihood, Mort would probably be able to find something about it to praise Remi for.

Dumping the rest of the wood into the sled, Remi mimes cracking a whip, before pausing. [say]"Or do you want me to pull it to Vai's?"[/say]

Remi does what Remi does best, and it has Ronin standing quietly by, trying and failing to contain the grin that's spreading across his face. He steps across the snowfall and the twigs to lean in for a quick and chilly kiss, nodding against his husband's lips. [say]"That sounds like a fine idea. I'll get to work on it tomorrow morning. We can make some stew and mulled wine to keep us warm while we get it all set up."[/say]

They work to dilligently load up the sled, and soon enough it's stacked neatly with firewood and Ronin is bouncing his eyebrows at Remi. [say]"We'll have to get you a real whip at this rate,"[/say] he says, before promptly shifting back into a luxere and nosing annoyingly at his husban's cheek. [say]Will you put the harness back on me? And don't forget the bells on my antlers![/say] he chimes.

As Ronin approaches, for a moment Remi is quite sure that Ronin is going to silence his stupid ideas with is lips. As it turns out, he's only partially correct. [say]'I love you.'[/say] The alchemist whispers, his dimples deep and his voice accented and sweet. [say]'And I want all of this with you. Every moment.'[/say]

Allowing the snuffling of his cheek, Remi's cold fingers reach out to brush the velvety softness of his husband's muzzle. [say]"I just remembered Maeve asking for your feather for a whip, and now I suddenly very much don't want one."[/say] He mumbles, frowning.

As dexterously as he's able to with chilly fingers, Remi buckles the harness around Ronin's shoulders, and yes, puts the bells on as well. [say]'Not too tight?'[/say] He asks of the various straps now crisscrossing over the luxere's body.

Remi wants it, and so that's what Remi will have - right as soon as they get this last little chore taken care of. Snorting and huffing at the prospect of Maeve being the one holding the whip (that's where his mind has gone, sorry), he shakes his head, antlers and all, and moves to stand ready for Remi to get him ready to be a beast of burden. [say]You can just give me a good slap on the ass when you need me to get a move on,[/say] he offers instead, fluttering his tail for good measure.

He doesn't know what it is, but as Remi tethers him up, Ronin has a strange urge to prance about and make it difficult, and whilst he does manage to keep in place, the alchemist will most definitely feel it through their bond. [say]That's just perfect,[/say] he says, pawing at the ground. [say]Are you going to sit with the firewood, or perch on my antlers?[/say] he wonders. Either way, he does wait for that slap to the rump before setting off.

[say]'And get kicked? No thanks.'[/say] Remi grumbles, knowing that Ronin would likely use the oH SrY TwAs My InStiNctS excuse. There was a single strap of leather left over that the alchemist momentarily frowns at—and frowns hard—before shrugging and using it to secure the wood in the sled. [say]'Thoughts of Maeve have really got you going, huh?'[/say] He comments dryly, though through their bond the Huntsman will no doubt feel the emotional equivalent of snickering.

[say]"Neither. I have a better way of getting you going."[/say] So saying, Remi steps back enough to shift. He's absolutely not made for the snow as a manticore, but if he spreads his paws wide enough he can almost walk on top of the snow. Or at least he might have been able to were it not for his immense weight in this shift. Even so, it was far easier to cromch through the snow with four legs to distribute himself than just the two.

Growling low in the back of his throat and lashing his tail back and forth in a gesture that was both playful and menacing, Remi snaps his teeth toward the luxere's ass.

[say]I would never,[/say] Ronin informs him, though by the way he's already restlessly pawing in the snow, it's likely that he would absolutely, even if it was an accident. [say]Sure, something like that,[/say] he rumbles about Maeve, already twisting and turning to see what Remi is trying to do. Then, of course, there's a manticore in the freezing forest snapping at his backside, and with a bleat of outrage, Ronin prances off.

His ridiculous strength means he's able to pull the firewood along with ease and a disturbing amount of agility, though his playful annoyance is nonetheless transferred through their Attuned bond. [say]We are trying to have a pleasant day in the snow, and you have to find a reason to be a monster and chase me?[/say] he grumbles. [say]Is this revenge because I wouldn't have sex with you in a snowdrift this morning?[/say]

It's amazing, in moments like this, to reflect on the ways in which others described Ronin. Charming. Handsome. Basement-flooding and wood-giving. Charismatic. Thoughtful. Wonderful. Brave. And on and on. But just now, watching Ronin's tail flick into the air with all the menacing of a cottontail rabbit and with his snort of outrage echoing through the trees, all Remi can do is silently laugh. Honestly, it was sad that the majority of Caido would never get to experience what a perfect idiot the panty-dropping Huntsman could be.

[say]It's either revenge for not having sex with me in a snowdrift after explicitly saying you wanted to have sex in a snowdrift. Or maybe it's foreplay. You can take it however you like.[/say] Remi replies sensibly, trotting in the luxere's wake. [say]And there's no reason to think of it as me chasing you. Just think of it as...a race. A race that you're winning.[/say]

Unfortunately, Ronin can't give his husband the same kind of lengthy observation - not right now, anyway. He's too busy focusing on not colliding with the trees and keeping to routes that wouldn't upend the sled full of firewood. [say]I did say that, didn't I. Well in that case, I think I will treat this as foreplay,[/say] he croons back at him with another flutter of his tail, kicking up snow and leaving delicate little hoof prints wherever he runs.

[say]I do love winning,[/say] he says, trotting out of the deeper snow now and into one of the Greatwood's many trails. He wants to go to Vai's cottage, and he knows better than to tell the woods that explicitly. So he merely keeps it in the back of his mind, all the while trying to continue winning this imaginary race. [say]I do hope I'm not looking too tasty from back there,[/say] he teases.

The attention of both manticore and man are grabbed by this little display, and while both want to reach out and grab for the flirty hind-end springing ahead, it's for very different reasons. [say]How very nimble you are.[/say] Remi notes with a growl, sounding very like how the Big Bad Wolf must have sounded noting Red Riding Hood's plump childlike arms.

[say]Unfortunately for us both, you look tasty from almost every angle.[/say] The manticore replies, his long plodding strides mismatched against the staccato and lively pace set by the luxere. [say]It's quite the burden to bear. Let no one say being married to you is easy.[/say]

With a sprightly toss of his head, the sound of sleigh bells accompanies the soft clop of hooves on frozen ground, and to anyone watching, Ronin must be a Deepfrost fairytale. Or, in the case of the predator following close at his heels, a very delicious snack. [say]I would hate to be a burden to you, husband. Is there anything I can do to make things easier for you?[/say] Other than to stop looking tasty from every angle imaginable, of course.

[say]Would you like me to take a shortcut to Vai's, for instance?[/say] A shortcut, of course, being more of a long way around, because he imagines the last thing anyone will want is for them to arrive at the witch's cottage all wound up and in the skins of a predator (in Remi's case, especially).

[say]Yes, as a matter of fact.[/say] Remi answers, and though you might be expecting him to reply with have sex with me in a snowbank, he instead says: [say]Can we go skating on the Stonesong like we did once in a dream? Once it freezes enough?[/say]

Diverting around some scrub brush that Ronin could navigate far more easily than he could, Remi chuckowls (a chuckle and a growl). [say]I wonder what the Greatwood thinks of your wanting to take short cuts. If this wasn't a delivery for Vai, I expect we'd already have gone in circles at least twice by now.[/say] Luckily for them, the Greatwood loved Vai about as much as everyone else did, and seemed at least amenable in letting the two men reach her cottage.