Court of the Fallen
[SE] hark the heralds - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SE] hark the heralds (/showthread.php?tid=6182)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-08-2021

[say]"I'm opening my mouth for it, so what's the difference?"[/say] Ronin wants to know, fully aware and not caring that he's left himself wide open for an innuendo - he's looking forward to it, actually. As for Remi's sudden wanting to cuddle after being left alone, Ronin wasn't born yesterday, and yet he walks willingly into his husband's trap nonetheless. [say]"Mm, I love you too,"[/say] he says, their bond brimming with warmth and affection that is quite abruptly doused in literal frost.

[say]"Remi, no--"[/say] Cut off by his gasp of outrage, the Lullaby's lips and the sheer freezing cold, he's not sure if the other man will have ever had someone struggle in his tentacles while screaming into his mouth, but Ronin is doing it now. [say]"I got you chocolate,"[/say] he protests after breaking the kiss, still squirming for freedom.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-08-2021

[say]"Ronin, yes."[/say] It delights the man as much as it satisfies the predator to have Ronin squirming in his grip. Remi's cheeks are far rosier than they were before, and though he's ceased shoving snow down the back of Ronin's shirt, he hasn't loosened up on his grip at all. [say]"You got us chocolate."[/say] The alchemist corrects sweetly, and the kiss he aims to pry from his husband's lips next is long and slow as if perhaps the Huntsman was suddenly made of chocolate and Remi was trying to coat his own lips in it.

[say]"I really do love you."[/say] The alchemist says after a moment sounding only slightly apologetic as he releases his aquatic grip. [say]'And you left me alone. What was I supposed to do?"[/say] Not create an arsenal of weapons?

Ronin's grumbling might seem more like pleasurable moans after a while, given that his husband is relentless in keeping him close and extracting kisses from his lips. He at least remembers to keep hold of the flask as he loops his free arm around Remi, and he leans in for one last taste of the Lullaby after he's released. [say]"I love you too,"[/say] he whispers in return, stepping back with a shuddering inhale and rolling his shoulders.

Feathers promptly ripple down his neck and his spine, and his coat and scarf bleed away once more into dark, tight leather. Ronin's cheeks are flushed with cold, with kisses and now with the beginnings of toasty warmth, and he offers a sunny smile to his husband as he hands him the flask and takes up the harness to drag the sled along with them.

[say]"You could have written our names in the snow. Or built a snowman,"[/say] he suggests.

Remi's mischievous smirk tightens somewhat as leather clads his husband's body, and now his cheeks grow rosy for an entirely different reason. Inhaling a cold breath, he lets his eyes follow the newly appeared lines of leather with a lazy sigh. [say]"Maybe Safrin isn't so bad.."[/say] He mumbles, before blinking himself out of it and fixing Ronin with a crooked smile.

Accepting the flask, it's halfway to his lips before Remi finds himself pausing to consider his husband's suggestions. [say]"You know, that quite literally never occurred to me."[/say] He replies with a shrug. [say]"Besides, you're the only snowman I want."[/say] Rather than getting into the sled, Remi trudges dutifully at Ronin's side that he might feed the Huntsman sips of hot chocolate. [say]"Gods that's good. The fae must use peppermint bark. I think I saw them selling cups made out of the stuff so that it would subtly flavour whatever you put in."[/say]

[say]"Mm?"[/say] Ronin looks over his shoulder, his smirk equally as crooked - there's no chance of him having misheard what Remi said, but he at least knows better than to explicitly ask him to repeat himself. [say]"Oh well aren't you sweet."[/say] He grins as he pulls the sled over the snow. With their strength and the blades of the sled, it's relatively easy going as a man as well as a luxere, and he accepts his sips of whiskey-cocoa with a hum of appreciation.

[say]"I'll always be your snowman,"[/say] he promises the Lullaby, before inhaling sharply to hear the tale of the peppermint bark cups. [say]"We should have gotten one!"[/say] He groans (dramatically, of course). [say]"Maybe I can carve my own. It's like art, right? I can do that."[/say] Is he trying to convince himself? Maybe he is.

It's not long before their boat comes into view, and they can step down off the snow and onto their makeshift path. [say]"How bad was the wood you covered up yesterday?"[/say] he asks. [say]"Where do you want to put this new stuff?"[/say]

[say]'I will hold you to that. Even if you are a bit steamy for a snowman."[/say] Remi replies happily, before nodding. [say]"They ran out rather quickly. I was going to suggest we try and make our own."[/say] That would likely result in the two men with awkward bowl-sized hollowed-out bits of wood that they just agreed were cups, but were no such thing.

The sight of their houseboat, bobbing happily on the Stonesong has Remi's heart swelling with sudden pride and happiness. [say]'mmm? Oh, still fairly damp. We might need to build a fire tonight to dry it out.'[/say] With the temperatures staying as they were, it wasn't likely the air was going to do it for them. [say]"Over here."[/say] So saying Remi tosses his head, leading Ronin off the trail to where he'd stormed off the night before. There he'd more or less cleared away the snow with his wings, tarped the rest of the fire, and had apparently begun to create a lean-to for the new wood to go under before yielding to the cold.

[say]"If you wouldn't mind..?"[/say] He asks, nodding his head at the lingering snow with a bob of his brows.

[say]"I'll grab some tomorrow,"[/say] Ronin suggests of the peppermint bark, meanwhile dutifully dragging the sled to where Remi directs. It's easy to navigate the deep snow when one is a steamy snowman, so he doesn't mind accepting the moniker. [say]"We can carve them in front of our fire after we eat our dinner."[/say] Oh, how domestic they had become, and how Ronin really loves it.

The Huntsman doesn't mind at all, as it so happens, and he gives Remi a very baron-esque bow to prove it, though as his arm sweeps out it becomes a beautiful crimson and golden wing. A few sweeps across the ground and the heat from his phoenix feathers is enough to rid the ground of frost and snow, and he makes sure to linger near the woodpile that's already been tarped to melt any ice that might have formed upon it.

[say]"So we stack this wood, then we go and eat stew, and then we can make those colourful ice balloon things?"[/say]

[say]'Or we could push over a tree tonight if we find ourselves with nothing to do.'[/say] There was an easy joke about occupying their hands with wood of course, but Remi just grins instead of articulating it.

Standing back that Ronin might use the full range of his arm-capes to melt the snow, Remi rubs his hand up the side of his cheek to itch out a bit of snowmoss tangled in his curls as he nods. [say]"I can stack, if you want to get the stew into bowls?"[/say] Though it had genuinely been fun wiling away the hours doing menial tasks together, if the divide and conquer method got stew into his belly faster, just now Remi was all for sending Ronin off on his own.

[say]"We could,"[/say] Ronin remarks with a flash of a smile, though based on what they've got planned for the next couple of days, he's not sure if there will be time to knock down trees. Or rather, if it's a choice between knocking down a tree or climbing beneath warm blankets and between Remi's thighs, he knows what he'll be doing. And he might be thinking about that a bit too hard, because his feathers flare with a little bit of phoenix fire, and his smile is just a bit smug.

[say]"Mm...? Oh - sure thing."[/say] he nods, shifting himself back and stealing a kiss from the scruff on Remi's cheek before he's sweeping away with the flask and the container of stew, along with the balloons and food colouring. By the time the Lullaby is finished stacking wood (hurr), Ronin will have divided the stew into two bowls and carved out two hunks of seeded bread for them to dunk into it. He's also lit their various lanterns inside the boat and shrugged out of his coat and scarf, though he knows better than to start eating without Remi.

So does Sugar, and she hates it.

Things go from hot to cold quite quickly such that Remi is all but gasping for air as Ronin smoothly turns and saunters away leaving Remi standing in a puddle holding the wood. No sooner is the door to the houseboat opened than Oria zooms her way out. The lock is too heavy for her to move and with Remi gone, there was no reason for her to leave. Now that he's back, she's quick to find herself back in his curls to make sure he isn't up to anything untoward.

When all is done and stacked, Remi brushes the sticky-sweet sap from his palms (unsuccessfully), and lumbers back toward the houseboat. Blinking as his eyes adjust to the darkness, he flashes Sugar a smile and nods obligingly in her direction. [say]"Go on, I'm here now."[/say] He chuckles as he unwinds the scarf from around his neck and hangs it and his coat on a hook by the door. Sweaty and probably in need of a bath (once again, hotspring!), instead of sitting down, Remi instead goes to Ronin to cup his husband's face in his hands. [say]"Thank you for today."[/say] He whispers and steals one sweet kiss from his husband's lips before pulling back, knowing that Ronin's patience was only just a hair longer than Sugar's was when it came to food.

Remi is greeted by a delighted trill from Sugar, who promptly goes to attack the hunks of meat and potato that Ronin has separated out from his own bowl for her. The Huntsman grins after the dragonling and turns to ask how it all went, before suddenly there are cold hands against his cheeks and he's melting into seaglass eyes, humming against the soft kiss delivered to his lips. [say]"Today isn't over yet,"[/say] he whispers back, before digging into his meal with gusto.

[say]"Thank you for today as well,"[/say] he adds, once he's a few bites in and can trust himself to speak. In their cozy home with everything starting to become just so, it's easy to feel utterly content. [say]"So do you think that terrarium will fit in here for Mateo? Or shall we take it to Stormbreak for him to use?"[/say] It would be nice for their son to cultivate his interests at home with them, he thinks. And if the tank can keep anything alive in it, Ronin supposes it could always go on the roof of the boat.

[say]"Does that mean I should expect things to suddenly take a turn for the worst?"[/say] Remi asks over his shoulder, chuckling to himself as he sinks down into the chair opposite Ronin. With a sigh, the alchemist finds that his feet have subconsciously sought out the Huntsman's, his cold toes overlaying his husband's as he reaches for his chunk of bread.

[say]'-ormbreak.'[/say] Remi answers around a bite of bread. [say]"Much as I'd like it here to encourage him out more, I think he'd appreciate it more there."[/say] He adds once he'd swallowed. [say]'But what we could do is make more of an effort in taking him places to find new things to populate it with. The Oerwoud or the Feverlands seem like the sort of places he'd be interested. And he can bring that friend of his too if he likes."[/say] Remi says of Finn's son.

[say]"Not today you shouldn't. I'll stand in the way of anything that tries to ruin it,"[/say] Ronin assures his husband, smirking into his bowl at the feel of cold toes over his own. He tries to playfully capture Remi's feet between his own - the Huntsman, of course, is toasty from his phoenix shift and from being the one inside rather than sorting out the firewood. after another few bites of food, he nods his agreement.

[say]"Stormbreak it is. Maybe we can let him choose a couple of days each week to come and stay here too, so he's got more of a routine,"[/say] he suggests, reiterating their earlier conversation. With another smile and a foot trying to sneak up the length of Remi's calf, he lets out a wistful sigh. [say]"Ah, a weekend away in the jungle sounds nice in the middle of Deepfrost, doesn't it? And I'm not sure if his friend would like, but we can always ask."[/say]

Dunking his bread in the broth, he uses his free hand to nudge the paper bag with the balloons and food colouring. [say]"Will these look as good now that it's getting dark?"[/say] he wonders. [say]"Or shall we do this tomorrow morning? You can impress me with your balls while I dig us a hotsprings trench."[/say]

[say]'What if I'm the thing that tries to ruin it?'[/say] Remi wonders mischievously as his toes splay as far as they can without their anatomy changing, to try and slide between Ronin's in a grotesque and hopefully incredibly uncomfortable hand (foot)-shake.

[say]"This might be my commoner background coming out...but...how long will he be in school? He can already read and write. Other than learning about things that might be useful to him later on...what's the point?"[/say] Remi's expression is slightly baffled and cautious, as he frowns down into his stew. [say]"By no means do I want to take chances or opportunities away from him, I just.."[/say] Clinking his spoon uncertainly against the side of his bowl, he pauses to see if Ronin can tease out what he's trying to get at here, or if more attempts are required.

[say]"Well, we can blow them up and leave them out overnight to freeze."[/say] He mentions, glancing toward Sugar before nearly choking on his piece of bread. With flushed cheeks and eyes watering from amusement and a lack of air, Remi wipes his mouth on the back of arm and shoots his husband a sideways grin. [say]"I wasn't aware you found them particularly impressive."[/say] Flexing his calf slightly against Ronin's toes, Remi shrugs. [say]"But I'm happy to give it a try."[/say]