Court of the Fallen
[SE] hark the heralds - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SE] hark the heralds (/showthread.php?tid=6182)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Ronin - 09-08-2021

[say]"That doesn't sound like you at all,"[/say] Ronin says mildly, even if the grin on his face very much says that yes it does. [say]"I'll just have to find a good way to distract you so you're not tempted to ruin it,"[/say] he decides, arching an eyebrow around another bite of bread as the alchemist tries to coax their feet into strange and uncomfortable positions. Luckily he manages to take their game of footsie up Remi's leg before he breaks their toes.

[say]"I never really asked, with Stormbreak,"[/say] he says slowly, rubbing a hand across his stubbled chin. [say]"I enrolled in the Storm Guard at sixteen, but I was schooled until that point, though not all in academia. Etiquette and other boring things were on my schedule. I suppose Mateo can stay for as long as he wants to? I always thought he'd end up going off to do his own research after a time,"[/say] he admits.

Remi's impromptu choking only has Ronin's smile creeping further across his lips, and he does his best to continue to look nonplussed even as his foot tries to creep up the inside of Remi's thigh. [say]"I don't - but you might be able to change my mind. Either way, I'm happy to follow your lead when it comes to blowing your balls,"[/say] he decides.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-08-2021

Remi has to resist the urge to roll his eyes as Ronin mentions etiquette and OThEr BoRiNg ThIngs, instead opting to shrug. [say]"Back in Northaven things like that mattered. But here...I am not even so sure that learning the history of Caido is important."[/say] What was important for their son to learn? A trade, if it was up to Remi, or something else he was interested in. But in this place, with war brewing and with gods always interfering, the alchemist wasn't so sure that dangling participles and quadratic equations were the sorts of things that were going to get Mateo very far. [say]"Mm, me too."[/say]

Predictably, Remi slouches slightly in his chair as his legs widen. Surely this is just more comfortable for him and not at all an invitation for Ronin's foot to continue to creep upwards (and do what precisely, Remi?). [say]'Oh so now there's something wrong with my balls?'[/say] Remi asks accusingly as he raises a brow. He'd have folded his arms moodily across his chest were it not for the food before him that he very much wanted to keep eating. [say]"Maybe I'll just take care of my balls myself then. Did you even bother to get any other colour of food colouring other than blue?"[/say] Because no, Remi certainly hasn't forgotten the sex-in-the-snow-bank conversation from earlier, and no, he still isn't over it.

Even Ronin the baron-turned-soldier can't disagree with Remi there, and he hums his agreement around the last of his stew, leaving a few bits of bread soaking in the broth for Sugar to enjoy. Pushing the bowl to the side for the dragonling to have at it, he nibbles at the inside of his cheek and considers. [say]"I think that's a conversation we should have with him when we see him next,"[/say] he suggests. [say]"I know he likes school, so there might be a reason he wants to stay longer. If he could decide to stay in Stormbreak, he can decide this."[/say]

And besides, honestly? There are much more interesting things starting to happen across the table. Ronin has no idea what he's meant to do as Remi widens his posture, and so he simply shakes his head in response to the question. [say]"There is nothing wrong with your balls,"[/say] he informs him. [say]"And I have no problem taking care of them right now, if you're concerned about their colour."[/say] He says nothing of the food colouring, because he doesn't actually know what he got. With Ronin's luck they are all blue.

[say]'Is...is that a thing parents are meant to do? Ask their children how long they want to stay in school?"[/say] Frowning, Remi rubs at his curls. Honestly, he thinks Mateo would know best about what he did or didn't need to know about how to handle his future, but that didn't make Remi feel like any less of a shit parent for leaving it up to him.

[say]'I thought you wanted to wait until tomorrow?'[/say] Remi shoots back, although now the metaphors have been mixed enough that he doesn't know what they're being serious about. Fluttering from his hair, Oria picks up a chunk of bread and carries it toward Sugar. Placing it down a polite distance away, the small spriggan trills and points at a carrot that the dragonling hasn't eaten yet, clearly suggesting a trade.

[say]'Care to shower?'[/say]

[say]"I guess not when you put it like that? But we are supposed to ask our children what they want to do when they grow up, so we can help to facilitate that. And maybe Mateo's future is better suited as an apprentice somewhere, or as a student of some particular subject?"[/say] Ronin suggests gently, though he shrugs his shoulders because honestly, he's in the same boat as Remi here. At least they are making a plan, though, to make things better.

Sugar rumbles a warning as Oria approaches at first, before realising that the spriggan hasn't come to sniff around leftovers but as an equal, and she noses the chunk of carrot in acceptance of a trade. Meanwhile, Ronin rises to his feet to stretch, arching an eyebrow at his husband and offering out a hand to draw him up as well. [say]"A shower sounds good,"[/say] he agrees - to warm up properly and to wash off the day's hard work. [say]"I wanted to wait to take a tumble in a snowdrift with you tomorrow. We had a lot to do today,"[/say] he concedes. [say]"Can I make it up to you now?"[/say]

With a happy trill, Oria reaches for the carrot, using her slender fingers to pull off chunks while she titters on about her day and her thoughts in a language Sugar won't understand. It hardly seems to matter though; sometimes dinner is more about the companionship than the conversation.

Watching Ronin stretch appreciatively, the alchemist extends his hand like some debutant at a ball (or so he assumes), and rises to follow his husband. [say]"Saying you want sex tomorrow is like me saying I've made a lifesize statue out of you in chocolate, but that you can't have it or see it for a week.'[/say] Remi returns with an unhappy sigh, though he's already peeling off his shirt. [say]'You absolutely can. As long as we don't talk about my balls anymore today.'[/say] He adds, rolling his shirt into a ball to toss in their hamper.

Leaving their companions to it, Ronin kisses the back of his husband's hand (and what a beautiful debutant he makes) and leads them towards the bathroom, only releasing him so he can also pull his shirt over his head. [say]"Did you though?"[/say] he asks, his voice muffled since his head is still stuck in his shirt, but his excitement is palpable. [say]"You'd tell me if there was a chocolate statue of me somewhere, right?"[/say] Grinning, he also tosses his shirt into their hamper and reaches out to slip his fingers in the waist of Remi's pants, drawing him closer.

[say]"I solemnly swear not to talk about your balls any more today,"[/say] he assures him, reaching out to turn on the shower whilst simultaneously leaning in for a kiss that promises much better sex than any they might have in a snowdrift. And there's always tomorrow to confirm that besides. With eager fingers, the Huntsman is already trying to unbutton Remi's pants, wanting nothing more than the feel of his body pressed against the other man's.

[say]"After all your teasing today? I'm not sure. I might just let you melt."[/say] Remi grumbles in response, though does make a mental note to see how hard it would be to make a statue out of Ronin using only chocolate. [say]'Besides, if there was a chocolate statue of you out there somewhere...one, someone would have told you by now, and two, someone will have absolutely eaten you by now."[/say] Remi reasons, feeling quite confident he was right and also making himself subtly annoyed.

Willingly Remi's hips move towards Ronin, and as he's kissed Remi braces one hand on the door frame while the other curls into his husband's hair. A slow drumbeat begins to pulse low in his belly that his tongue unconsciously mirrors the rhythm of. Allowing Ronin's fingers their task, Remi tilts his head down to begin trailing kisses from his husband's ear down to the swell of his shoulder. [say]"You taste like the sea."[/say] He remarks softly. [say]"But a sea surrounded by pine."[/say]

[say]"Well that's just unacceptable. I only give permission for the two of us to eat any statue of me made out of chocolate,"[/say] Ronin grumbles, though it's all for show given how little of his attention is available now for thoughts that aren't about Remi. Specifically about the press of Remi's tongue against his own or the heat rolling off his body, or the way his touch still feels brand new even if it must have been thousands of times since he first had his hands all over him.

The shower begins to fill the little room with steam, and Ronin meanwhile pushes Remi's pants down over his hips, his fingers roaming up now as his eyes slip shut to enjoy the attention along the crook of his neck. [say]"I hope that's a good taste,"[/say] he murmurs with a crooked grin. [say]"You still taste like cocoa and whiskey and woodsmoke. What a pair we must make."[/say] His hands press against shoulder blades where wings so often push their way out, though the only thing Ronin is trying to encourage now is further closeness between them.

Remi's fingers splay as his shoulder rises. He's about to ask if that's really how Ronin wants to spend his time just now, defending a chocolate statue of himself, but out of fear that the Huntsman will say yes, the alchemist keeps the question to himself. [say]'You are always a good taste.'[/say] He replies without hesitant, feeling a familiar shiver in his belly not unlike feathers brushed against the inside of his skin.

Eyes closed, the steam in the air has Remi's lips sliding over Ronin's skin now. Releasing the doorframe that he might step fully into the bathroom and kick the door closed behind them, the alchemist lets his thumb trail decadently over the new soon-to-be-scars on his husband's body left behind by the gargoyle. [say]"Each one of these wounds might have killed a lesser man."[/say] Remi notes with something like wonder in his voice

Pressing his hips forward, their bodies like two perfectly rendered statues that somehow fit easily together despite how stiff their muscles might make them seem, Remi shakes his head ever so slightly as his lips continue to recite his fascination with Ronin's body over and over again. [say]"And yet somehow you come back every time."[/say]

As Remi inches into the bathroom, Ronin deals with the buttons on his own pants, and he shifts to step out of them with the click of the door shutting. Their bodies meet and something like a growl of pleasure and need rises in his throat, though it's a lazy sort of predator that seems to lurk under his skin since the temperature plummeted.

He can do little more than let his head loll to the side and allow Remi's ministrations, though his hands are far from still. They map out slow and content patterns along the length of the Lullaby's spine, before slipping further to give his ass an appreciative squeeze.

[say]"I have someone worth coming back for,"[/say] he almost whispers, backing them up towards the shower. [say]"I've always had someone worth coming back for, even when I was up in the stars."[/say] It's you, if you couldn't tell goes unsaid, though the emotions should be enough to get the point across.

Just now Remi is less of a blood-thirsty monster and more of a relaxed and well-fed predator. There's no need to rush, but that doesn't mean he's going to be chaste with what's before him either. Apart from the dark purple current of lust that flows outwards from the alchemist, Ronin will be able to feel warm puffs of breath on his skin where Remi's lips have parted with a stifled gasp. He'll feel the pulse of pressure from the alchemist's jaw as he fights for restraint until finally he'll feel the sharp graze of Remi's teeth as his tongue and lips withdraw if only just for a few seconds.

[say]"I want you."[/say] Remi whispers in a voice that remains dry and husky despite the humidity now in the air. [say]"I want every part of you."[/say] He adds, craving the salty-bright taste of Ronin on his tongue already. [say]"Always."[/say] Slipping out of the remainder of his clothes, Remi follows behind Ronin, not at all minding the view. Stepping into the shower, his hands go to his husband's shoulders where his fingers squeeze at the Huntsman's muscles, finding them tight and hard from all the work they'd done that day.

The graze of teeth awakens both predator and prey within Ronin in a combination that leaves him breathless and tiptoeing along the edges of self-control. The hot water they step beneath does nothing to douse the heat in his belly, and as the rest of Remi's clothes fall to the floor, the Huntsman is quick to draw him closer. A soft moan leaves his lips and he tilts his head into the strong touch against sore muscles, his own fingers meanwhile massaging the salt and sweat from Remi's skin.

[say]Have me,[/say] he rumbles through their bond, and it's unclear whether it's a demand or a plea (because even Ronin isn't sure). [say]I'm yours to take. Always.[/say] He leans through the hot pulse of water for a lusty kiss, pressed against the Lullaby as much as he can be until Remi decides to manoeuvre him otherwise.

RE: [SE] hark the heralds - Remi - 09-09-2021

Manoeuvre him he will.

It's a testament to just how much Ronin's body has drawn Remi's focus that he doesn't offer up a further complaint about how if Ronin really was his for the taking, then they'd have done this hours and hours earlier. And far more often. Instead, Remi's fingertips race the droplets of water that cascade across the Huntsman's body, pausing only to divert streams so that they break and branch over familiar scars.

An identical set of hands will appear then, tracing the contours of the Huntsman's body with equal familiarity as Remi leans into the kiss pressed against his lips. Where one iteration of himself sighs against one of Ronin's shoulders, the other moans shakily as his hands drop to Ronin's hips and his knees bend until they touch the bottom of the shower.

At the same moment that Ronin will be graced with clear and bright green eyes looking up at him, he'll feel a hand on the back of his hip and one sliding between his thighs to encourage the Huntsman's legs to part.