Court of the Fallen
{SE} a few of my favorite things - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: {SE} a few of my favorite things (/showthread.php?tid=6202)

Pages: 1 2

{SE} a few of my favorite things - Paige - 09-04-2021

Paige skips along the road, being mindful of puddles and tide pools now that the water is starting to cool, knowing better than to get herself wet with the change of the season. Even with the relatively warm temperature of Torchline compared to other places, Paige wasn't interested in getting sick or receiving a scolding from her mother, but she did have to do a bit of searching. How else was she going to make a gift for her friend if she didn't find the necessary materials out here? Ever had seemed so interested in the Rainbow Road when she told him about it and she wants to to surprise him with something from here.

A little necklace was the first thing that popped into her head. The pendant made from a few choice pebbles from the location in question. She bends down to pick up a pretty blue pebble, turning it over in her palm, thumb smoothing across the surface. With the last of her necessary supplies found, she moves to sit on the shore away from the water, setting to work.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-12-2021

Melita had scoured the marketplace for gifts, trinkets, items that might be of some value, some use, to her friend. Considering it was a way to say ‘thanks for letting me drag you everywhere’ and being an agreeable sort when the rest of the crew was not, the honeybee had wanted to find a valuable tool. More than once she’d passed by a stall that had caught her eye, strolling along with the pretenses of indifference, until coming around again. Eventually, the kiosk owner had snorted and gestured her over, for she hadn’t fooled anyone, and after some bartering, the youth had less meat and a new spyglass.

Except it was plain and unadorned, which meant she’d need to find something a little extra. What better than to inlay it with some pretty rocks?

She and Fangorn ended up wandering closer to the Rainbow Road – the twist and turn of hues giving her some notion of ideas – and only ceased movement when they spotted someone else there. A child, one she didn’t recognize – and Melita considered, weighed her options.

Before impulsively striking ahead anyway. [say]“Hello!”[/say] She gestured warmly with a wave, and then cast her gaze upon the pool itself, meandering along the shoreline, intent on spotting something that might’ve been pushed ashore.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Paige - 09-15-2021

Paige really wasn't one to follow the rule of stranger danger despite the fact that she absolutely should. As far as she was concerned, all of the strangers she's met turned into good friends and Paige had want for plenty of those. While Melita might not have recognized her, Paige definitely recognized Melita if only because she'd seen her around the Halenani working with her Auntie Maeve. Blue eyes went wide as she looked up, scanning over the red headed youth and her pumpkin companion, instantly intrigued if only because of the desire to tell Mateo all about him.

[say]"Hi!"[/say] The girl chirped, offering her a wave and a smile in return, even waving at Fangorn too. He deserved a proper greeting, after all. Paige was too curious for her own good, unwilling to stay put as the newcomer approached the edge of the water, pushing up onto her feet and leaving her project where it was for the time being. [say]"What're you lookin' for here? Stones? There are really pretty ones in that pool."[/say] She offered helpfully, talking a mile a minute, moving to the edge beside her.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-15-2021

At least the girl was cheerful in return, and Fangorn even gave a hearty wave with his vines, as the honeybee placed him down on the ground. Her eyes went briefly to Paige, and then to the pool, with all the poise and distinction of its beautiful surface. [say]“I am. I was hoping to get some for a gift.”[/say] She crouched down, not so much fire or brimstone, tilting her head, considering the options laden before her while the girl rapidly approached.

Her fingers pressed lightly to the edge of the water – warm, but not belligerent or burning – gaze going back and forth from the hues and to the girl. [say]“What brings you here?”[/say] A pause, realizing she’d wandered into conversation without introductions, caused the light smile to reappear, reserved for those younger than herself, like Kamaria. [say]“I’m Melita. This is Fangorn.”[/say] The pumpkin chirped in response, before contorting near Melita’s ankles.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Paige - 09-18-2021

It seemed that the young Attuned wasn't the only one who had the idea of using the rocks here to make a gift. Paige's smile grew even bigger. Which was fairly impressive considering that it already made her cheeks hurt with how hard she was smiling. [say]"I'm making something for my friend Ever! He wanted to see this place cause he thought that the water changing colors was interesting, but I also think he just wants to test stuff 'cause he thought there could be dangerous chemicals."[/say] The girl rambled, providing Melita with way more information than necessary as she crouched down and plunged her hand into the water, grasping for a stone that matched the color of his eyes.

[say]"I know your name! You've helped Auntie Maeve at the big house before."[/say] By this she meant the Halenani, but whether or not the Honeybee would put two and two together remained to be seen. [say]"My name is Paige!"[/say] She offered in return, straightening up and holding out a fiery red stone to the older girl, thinking it went well with her hair.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-18-2021

Paige seemed to be a friendly child, and not one Melita had to be overly wary or cautious of, like Kamaria. Her head tilted vaguely, watching, listening, smiling in her own earnest way as the younger girl described her intentions. A friend with a head for curiosity and experimental features gave the honeybee a warm laugh, and her gaze followed little pathways plunging into the pool, before maneuvering closer to an orange stone, taking in its warmth, tucking it gently into her palm for inspection. [say]“That sounds nice. What did he think could be dangerous?”[/say]

A gentle hum contorted through her throat again, and she crouched beside more tender-colored rocks, striving to determine which might be better for Nate or Milo. She didn’t expect Paige’s account though, and another giggle bubbled. [say]“Only with some honey.”[/say] Or the outstretch of a crimson stone, to which her hand turned over, accepting the lovely gift. [say]“Thank you. This will do nicely.”[/say] Fangorn made some grumbling gesture, and she permitted him inspection of the rock too. [say]“What colors are you looking for?”[/say]

Paige was not one for caution or one to encourage such things. It was good that Melita realized that now. Otherwise Paige would have made it rather clear in the moments to come. These two were cut from the same cloth in that they both had fiery spirits and a taste for adventure. The girl lifts her shoulders in a shrug, [say]"He thought that the water change colors 'cause of chemicals, but I told him it was just magic."[/say] At least, that's what she understood it to be. This was Frey's place and Paige was fairly sure the herald made the colors change just cause they changed some much themselves. [say]"I dunno what's dangerous about chemicals, but he likes science and things."[/say] And music and books and watching people do things. He was a little weird, but Paige liked him all the same.

The girl shrugged her shoulders, seeming to think that it was a big deal either way, offering her the crimson hued stone as a gift before going back to sifting around in the water for more. She giggled when Fangorn inspected the stone too, seeming to approve of her gift with a wave of his vines. [say]"Blue and greens. Maybe a topaz! He likes those colors I think."[/say] That's what he seemed to wear a lot and the topaz reminded her of him. [say]"I'm going to make him a necklace and bracelet."[/say]

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-18-2021

Melita could be a decent listener when she wasn’t gallivanting straight off into action and danger, and she did so with her token flare for warm smiles and sunshine dispositions. [say]“Mm. Sometimes it is just magic. Or a gift from the gods.”[/say] Her eyes went back to the pool; imagining Frey’s capabilities rendering it whole and clear, scattered with the beatific hues simply because they could. Much like the healing springs in the Climb – meant for rendering some level of sanctity, a precious, priceless benefit to the land around them.[say] “Maybe he’d still find it interesting to test though.”[/say] Just to see, just to wonder, just to keep discovering little nuances here and there.

Gazing at the little pile forming behind her, she meandered a little further, taking glances and looks at the more gilded, golden filaments. [say]“I’ll be on the lookout then,”[/say] and she winked towards Paige – allowing her hands to run along the rim of the water, before sinking into the warm surface. Grabbing hold of a canary yellow stone, she considered it, pondered its arrangement, before adding it to the growing bundle.

Necklaces and bracelets sounded well and fair – especially ones designed with so many cool colors in mind. [say]“I’m sure he’ll like it.”[/say] She rounded along, bare feet soft and certain, gliding towards edges once more. [say]“I’m putting some details on a spyglass, and looking for some stones for my uncle. I might try the Crimson Cataract next time too.”[/say]

Paige nodded quickly, clearly agreeing with Melita on this one, [say]"I think it's just a nice gift! They wanted us to have something nice."[/say] She said finally, looking up at Melita with wide blue eyes, head cocking to the side at her suggestion. Another nod given to her at the suggestion. [say]"He lives in Stormbreak, but I think it would be fun if he came to visit some day."[/say] Which is something she would really like for him to do. Mostly so she could show him around, but also because she thinks he would like it.

[say]"What's a Crimson Cataract?"[/say] She asked, looking towards the older girl, curiosity filling her eyes. Was it a type of stone? A place? Paige didn't have any real idea. The girl kept plunging her hand into the water, producing stone after stone that she thought Melita might like for her project and putting a few to the side for herself too.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-19-2021

[say]“So that’s what we’ll call it.”[/say] She winked again, sifting through a few particles of sand and loam beneath the surface, grasping for a green stone nearby, and passing it along to Paige so that it might be inspected and examined. Another light hum stirred from her, light and pleasant, as more information bounded and leapt about this other child. What truly conspired in the back of her mind was another mention of Stormbreak. It seemed many had journeyed, ventured, or lived there as of late – and she’d yet to truly step foot, to stretch those skyboat wings. [say]“Have you been there before?”[/say] What were a young person’s first impressions of a world made of stone and potential prejudice?

Another gilded rock was grasped and taken into her pile, before she pondered over a series of blue ones – all in varying shapes, sizes, and hues. Perhaps she’d snag all of them and utilize what she had. The inquiry left her raising her head moments later though, an indulgent smile flickering back over. [say]“A waterfall that falls into a pool that’s completely red. The water isn’t truly ruby colored – there’s some lichen at the bottom. But it’s something to behold and see.”[/say] She’d dove down into its depths several times before.

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Paige - 09-20-2021

Melita agreed with her thoughts on the Rainbow Road and Paige couldn't help the bright smile that curled on her lips. She couldn't wait to tell Everest all about it. The magic, the water, and give him his gift. She hoped that he'd like it. Paige gasped as the green stone was produced and offered to her. The young girl turned it over in her palm, [say]"I think he'll like this one."[/say] Paige finally said, placing it in her ever growing pile. At the question she nodded, [say]"I've gone twice with momma. Auntie Maeve couldn't go cause of baby Edmund. Someone told her it could be dangerous if her baby was Abandoned. Which isn't a very nice word... Plus, he's just a baby. He didn't do anything wrong and his momma is still here. I don't know why he has to be called that."[/say]

The girl rambled, a grown tugging on her lips as her brows drew together in concern, heading a heavy sigh. Sometimes adults were so mean to each other. [Say]"I have two friends there, though. Mateo and Everest. I like getting to see them."[/say]

The description of the pool had her eyes going wide, [say]"That's so cool. I'm going to go there one day!"[/say] Paige declared, collecting all of her rocks and standing with them in a makeshift pocket on her shirt. [Say]"Do you have enough for your gift?"[/say]

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-21-2021

For all her impulse and emboldened tendencies, Melita could be a good listener when necessary. Even as she searched through the water, piecing over portions here and there, her head remained tilted, attention divided between Paige and the intricacies of the warm depths. She’d heard varied opinions on Stormbreak – Seren had said it was cold, even with all the heart and mind of the Old Gods hastened there. [say]“I heard about things like that too,”[/say] she surmised, frowning slightly at the notions of the Abandoned still not being accepted there either. [say]“It’s not a nice word for so many people that help us. You’re right.”[/say] Beings like Milo, capable of lending a hand with healing gestures or other abilities; and all because that’s where the Voice had started. It didn’t mean anyone else would do the same. Altering the subject line a little, especially with the notions of friends, she asked with a gentler air. [say]“What do all of you do for fun?”[/say] Perhaps there was a hidden, rallying nature to the world she’d yet to hear.

She’d done her job in tempting Paige to the Greatwood at least, and there was a light laugh settled in there. [say]“I think so.”[/say] Plenty for both Milo and Nate, considering the layers necessary. [say]“What about you?”[/say]

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Paige - 09-22-2021

In Paige's opinion Melita was a very good listener. She also happened to think that Melita was pretty cool. She'd swam in red water, after all. Plus, she had a vampire gourd friend! No one else she knew had one of those. Melita also agreed with her thoughts on Abandoned not being treated very kindly. It just wasn't fair. Sah was an Abandoned and he was really nice. He helped keep her safe and get her home. [say]"I met someone named Sah, but I call him Sigh 'cause that's what his name sounds like, but he's an Abandoned and helped me get home after I fell in the water in the Wilds. Plus Miss Aurelia is one too and she was the armbiter for a while."[/say] Paige explained, seeming to agree with Melita on this one. Why were people so mean to them? It didn't make sense.

[say]"Well, last time we were there Mateo and I built a snowman. We also went to a bakery the time before that. I accidentally pushed him down in the Celestine when I was running from a shop keep cause I took some marbles, but then I took the marbles to Ludo and they Attuned me! So I guess it was okay in the end."[/say] She babbled, collecting her rocks and stones, heading back to the little makeshift workspace she had set up. Paige sat cross legged, unloading her treasures and picking out some for the bracelet. [say]"Then Ever and I got chased by a molten tiger! I know that doesn't sound real, but it was. We were looking for jingle bugs and it snuck up on us. Did you know they keep them in the Celestine? I didn't know that."[/say]

The girl settled on a few stones, starting to weave leather cord around them to fashion them into a bracelet, measuring it out around her wrist and making it a bit bigger so it would fit him right. [say]"We're going to spend the night in a haunted house soon. I think we might find a ghost!"[/say]

RE: {SE} a few of my favorite things - Melita - 09-23-2021

Melita tilted her head, hands rummaging and going over the stones collected once more – separating and sorting them by size and color. She only lifted her gaze back to the youth when she recognized the name; a bright grin following. [say]“Oh, I know Sah! And Aurelia, of course.”[/say] The latter had altered over some time, but they’d been friends on the Ark – howling away, two fiends on a ship. [say]“I know it started because of the Voice – since she was an Abandoned. Maybe they fear that is how all of the Abandoned will turn out. But I don’t think so.”[/say] She arched a brow, as if to question the little one in a do you gesture.

As for all the other things – bakeries and snowmen, Celestines and marbles, Attunements and Ludo, the honeybee could continue to bear her grin. [say]“Sounds like you’ve had plenty of adventures there.”[/say] And more to be had, given ghost stories and tales. From there, she snagged at the spyglass hidden away in her pockets, placing it along the forefront of the rocks, pondering over which would best suit the newly-forged instrument. [say]“And what will you do if you find one?”[/say]