Court of the Fallen
don't threaten me with a good time - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: don't threaten me with a good time (/showthread.php?tid=6304)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: don't threaten me with a good time - Mateo - 11-24-2021

[say]"I will,"[/say] Mateo calls. He won't, but that's okay. With the poinsetta to distract him and Ever likely to sleep like a rock until he's roused from his slumber, the florist will spend all the time he likes making the plant look just so. A couple more cookies later and it's well beyond 6.30pm by the time he steps into Ever's room. And even then, Mateo doesn't wake him right away.

First he grabs a shirt and pants from his wardrobe and dresser, setting the outfit to one side; after that, he prepares the products he plans to use to get his friend's hair to look just so. And finally, he makes them both a strong cup of coffee, setting the mugs on the beside table before he reaches out to gently shake Ever by the shoulder. [say]"Rise and shine,"[/say] he murmurs.

RE: don't threaten me with a good time - Everest - 11-24-2021

[say]"Mmmmmmmm, how could we have guessed that?"[/say] Ever protests, his words made muffled by sleep. Hugging the pillow to his chest and nuzzling against it, it takes another shake from Mateo to drag the paramedic back to the land of the conscious. [say]"Nnn?"[/say] Blinking and looking around, his family's game of charades replaced by a cat who hated him and a blue-eyed drug addict aficionado, Ever covers his yawn with the back of his hand as he sits up.

[say]"Hi,"[/say] He murmurs drowsily, glancing at the outfit Mateo had picked out for him. [say]"Is one of those for me?"[/say] Reaching for a cup of coffee and subsequently burning his lip by taking too hasty of a sip, Ever sighs and straightens. [say]"Okay. Make me look beautiful."[/say]

[say]"Guessed what?"[/say] Mateo asks cheerfully, straightening up once he's succeeded in getting Ever out of dreamland. [say]"Yes, one of them is yours. But be careful, it is--"[/say] He winces as the other man beats him to it. [say]"...Hot."[/say] It's a little bit too late for that, of course, so Mateo merely steps back and drags a chair over next to the bed, along with a comb and his selection of products.

[say]"You are already beautiful, Everest,"[/say] he informs him, blowing him a kiss. [say]"This will just accentuate what is already there."[/say] And it doesn't take long, all things considered. It's not like Ever has hair down to his ass, and with a tease here and a spritz there, he's perfectly suave and presentable. [say]"I will wait for you to get dressed."[/say] He winks when he's done, rising to his feet and swanning back out into the lounge.

[say]'What?'[/say] Ever repeats, having no memory now of his dream or what he'd said. [say]"I see that, thanks.'[/say] The paramedic agrees, hissing in a breath to cool his lip.

[say]"Well, beautiful enough to be seen out with you at...Monicas?"[/say] Was that it? The conversation in their kitchen had felt as though it had happened a thousand years prior. Sitting still as a statue as he's sprayed, combed, and coiffed, Ever offers Mateo's back a small smile. [say]"Very thoughtful, thank you."[/say] He says of being able to get dressed on his own. Petunia of course has no plans to leave and tells him as much through her flat stare.

Slipping into the chosen pants—tighter than he remembered them being—Ever carefully pulls on his shirt so as not to ruin his hair. Feeling slightly more alive after having downed his coffee (after much blowing), the paramedic emerges. [say]'Alright. What do we think?'[/say] He asks, offering Mateo a compulsory spin.

[say]"Margot's,"[/say] Mateo corrects easily, resisting the urge to ruffle Ever's hair just because he's been the one to make it up all nice like. [say]"And you're beautiful enough to join me anywhere, Ever. In sweats or in a tux, we're a team."[/say] And with that sentiment on his lips, he swans out of the room to wait for his friend to get dressed. In that time, he tweaks the poinsetta a little more (he's still not happy with it, he's just dealing now), turning only when the door opens.

[say]"We think Margot's is going to be blessed when you walk in,"[/say] he chimes, clapping his hands together and moving to grab his coat and scarf, shrugging into them both in a smooth gesture. [say]"When is your next shift? I promise I will get you home safe and sound and in time to have a good night's sleep."[/say]

Interpreting Mateo's compliment to mean that he looks good enough to pass the dress code, Ever follows his roommate to their front closet, opting for the scarf he'd been given by the florist last year for Christmas, rather than the one he was inclined to normally wear. [say]"I have two days off now."[/say] The paramedic answers, patting his pockets to make sure that he had everything he needed (and then some, for Mateo's sake), before giving his friend a final nod to indicate he was ready.

All the more awake thanks to the brisk chill in the air, the pair flag down and pile into a cab. [say]'If you could replace poinsettias with another flower or plant, what would it be?'[/say] Ever asks once Mateo has given their driver directions.

[say]"Two days off?"[/say] Mateo beams at Ever, and once they're all buttoned and wrapped up and he's made sure he has his keys and has left food for Petunia, he steps out of the apartment and lets the other man lock up (because he knows it'll make him feel better). [say]"Well in that case, I don't promise any of that. We can make a night of it, and we will have a wonderful Christmas time."[/say] Giggling to himself, Mateo whirls away down the stairs.

[say]"Mm? Oh - Red Amaryllis, Latin name Hippeastrum. Just as festive, but much prettier,"[/say] he says easily.

They walk to Margot's so they can see the lights as they go, which are as dazzling and gorgeous as anyone might expect from NYC. Mateo dawdles and takes a few pictures for his insta (of course), and by the time they arrive at the quirkly little speakeasy, his nose and fingers are a bit numb. With a special rat-tat-tat-tat at the door, the bouncer opens up for them and steps aside for them to enter.

It's quiet because it's a weeknight, but also because people are frequenting the outdoor-type venues at the moment. Mateo doesn't mind it, beckoning Ever to the bar so they can choose a cocktail.

[say]'Two whole days."[/say] Ever agrees, pursing his lips hard enough as he nods that his dimples came out. He can't help but roll his eyes to hear that Mateo is going to take advantage of his schedule, but honestly, there's no one else he'd rather be spending his time with anyway.

Memorizing the common and latin names, the paramedic vows from that year forward, to always have and give Amaryllis' as gifts instead of poinsettias. Taking a few pictures of Mateo as he takes pictures of the lights, Ever forwards them on to his roommate that he might inception his own Instagram feed if he so chooses.

Smiling awkwardly at the doorman who, despite Ever's appearance, seems to be able to peer into his soul such that he knows he doesn't belong, the paramedic follows his friend into the bar. Blinking against the low lantern light that's probably meant to come across as quaint, Ever arrives in time to hear the bartender listing a number of holiday cocktails with absurd names and even more absurd price tags. [say]'Something with cranberry, please.'[/say] He orders, before turning around and inhaling. [say]"Oh."[/say] Nudging Mateo, Ever nods toward a small stage in the corner where a trio of burlesque dancers were beginning to set up.

[say]"Something with chocolate and mint,"[/say] Mateo orders - and yes, he will absolutely want to inception his own Instagram, and he turns at Ever's nudge in time to see the stage and the dancers, his jaw falling open with clear delight. [say]"Well this is fun,"[/say] he purrs, nudging his friend back as if Ever isn't the one who has spotted them first. And when they receive their cocktails (Ever's is decorated with a sugar rim and Mateo's has whipped cream and a candycane), he takes them over to a table with a good view.

[say]"Do you want to practice your tattooing on your time off?"[/say] he asks as he sidles into his seat, offering a suave and crooked smile to a passing waiter. [say]"I know you have been practicing on that..."[/say] Hunk of pig flesh. [say]"...other stuff. But I thought you could try on me if you want?"[/say]

Eyeing the dancers, unsure if the mix of leather and lace they were wearing was a fire hazard, Ever collects his drink and follows Mateo to a table that's far closer to the action than he'd like. Sitting down stiffly, the paramedic arranges things on the table just so, before glancing sideways at Mateo. [say]'I was going to start practicing on frui—you? Are you sure?'[/say] The offer makes Ever feel both terrified and incredibly grateful, which probably explains the way his lips can't quite settle on just one expression.

Taking a sip from his drink only to inhale sharply, Ever gasps slightly as his eyes begin to water. [say]"That's—"[/say] He wheezes, feeling his throat begin to turn. [say]"—what is this?"[/say] He wonders, more or less rhetorically. Whatever it was, it was strong.

RE: don't threaten me with a good time - Mateo - 11-28-2021

Whilst Everest arranges their table to his satisfaction, Mateo concentrates on unwinding his scarf and shrugging out of his coat to get comfortable, before swiping a dollop of whipped cream from his cocktail and sucking it off. (And if it's suggestive, it's absolutely unintentional). Either way, his eyes are on the stage as the dancers continue to set up - one of them winks in their direction, and he's cute in Mateo's opinion - the florist only turning back to his friend as he almost chokes on his drink.

[say]"Something with cranberries?"[/say] he guesses, since that's what Ever has ordered. Leaning in, he gives the other man's cocktail an experimental sniff, before grinning. [say]"A potent something with cranberries,"[/say] he corrects. [say]"Do you want to trade? Oh, and do you think you could start by tattooing my ass? I feel like that's gotta be a good practice space right?"[/say]

RE: don't threaten me with a good time - Everest - 11-28-2021

Doing his best to ignore the sounds of slorping coming from Mateo—it sounding too much like a blowjob for his liking—Ever considers the table and decides that it's both clean and orderly enough for his tastes.

[say]"Well...yes.."[/say] He's forced to concede, gasping for breath as the alcohol burns the back of his throat. Shaking his head politely, no he didn't want to trade, Ever drops his gaze to Mateo's hips as if he might somehow judge the acceptableness of his roommate's ass through his pants. [say]"It's...a good size canvas, but I think it would hurt. The skin there is so sensitive and thin."[/say] The best places were those coated by muscle, like the thigh or upper arm. But he'd work with what was on offer.

[say]"What would you want?"[/say] Ever asks, genuinely interested. With Mateo, it might be a pun, something graphic and disgusting, or something entirely meaningful. One never knew.

RE: don't threaten me with a good time - Mateo - 11-28-2021

[say]"Don't all tattoos hurt?"[/say] Mateo assumes, shrugging at the refusal and digging into his cocktail in earnest. He uses the candycane as a makeshift spoon for the cream this time at least, until he's finally able to give it a stir and a proper sip. It's minty but that's just a cover for how strong it is, and Mateo is definitely a fan. [say]"What if I do butt exercises so it's more tond? Would that help?"[/say] he asks, smiling over the rim of his drink.

As for what he would get? Humming to himself, he sucks on the candycane a little more and huffs out a peppermint sigh. [say]"A water lily, I think. I'd like a lot of my favourite plants, but a water lily is a good start. I like lotus flowers, but they're so difficult to grow."[/say]

RE: don't threaten me with a good time - Everest - 11-28-2021

[say]"Yes, but some more than others."[/say] Ever explains knowledgeably. The idea of Mateo doing any sort of exercises has the paramedic smirking until he realizes that the florist is probably serious. Or, he thinks he's serious. [say]"Well..you could, I suppose. We could always do a few exercises together."[/say] He offers, sipping at his drink as if it was just a glass of water and immediately regretting it.

[say]"That sounds lovely."[/say] Everest agrees. [say]"We can use your natural skin tone for the lighter parts of the flower."[/say] He continues thoughtfully. [say]"Aren't lotus flowers very...basic-white-girl?"[/say] Scrunching his nose and not wanting to be offensive, Ever frowns apologetically. He'd wager that at least one woman in the bar tonight had such a tattoo. He'd also bet that Mateo could suss her out if given such a dare.

[say]"So...uhm..what is this, exactly?"[/say] Glancing at the stage where now a pole was being attached to the ceiling, the paramedic hisses in a breath and straightens, looking suddenly like a worried parent.