Court of the Fallen
shaken up - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: shaken up (/showthread.php?tid=6457)

Pages: 1 2

shaken up - Noah - 11-23-2021

Despite the pain, Noah made his way to a secluded part of the coast by means of compass and magic. He was pale as he pulled himself in against a tree, the shade covering him and keeping his place as private as he could manage. He took in a sharp breath as he pulled in his injured leg, his face running pale. Every muscle in his body screamed for him to lay down and sleep, but he wouldn't. He couldn't. He knew the Sword had to be around somewhere, surely tracked down by his griffin by now, and he had to wait for him.

There was so much to share, and an apology to offer, and healing to ask for.

In the distance he heard Eira screech and felt the light touch of her over his soul reaching out for him. He knew that leaving the companion behind was the best -- that she would have found Deimos and brought him to Noah when he arrived back.

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 11-23-2021

Threading his way in between Torchline and King’s End had permitted adequate time for supply restocking, and as he encountered other intriguing wares at the market, he’d allow himself some amount of moments to simply scrutinize and study. Unaware this encounter within the bazaar’s reach would be short-lived, he’d already begun to snag and barter his way for several fruit and vegetables he’d yet to spot within any nearby jungles or warrens, when the familiar screech of Eira gave him pause. Eyes flicking upwards to where she resounded, he recognized the notes of panic, the wiles of apprehension. Or maybe it was his own binding into the midst.

Something else. Again.

Apologizing to the stall owner, and snagging at his own companions, he nodded once to the griffin, before following where she seemed to yearn to lead. [say]Show me[/say] by way of gentle command, and Belial took to the skies after wings and lack of explanation. A line settled somewhere in the midst of his jaw, a long, slow breath unfurling as they careened along the coast; listening to Zuriel’s hooves hit the sand, to the tumbling waves echoing past throngs of repose. One could suppose that was gone once more.

Along a bend in the sea bed, where dunes slid off into the ocean, where tides rippled but didn’t scorch or touch, he saw the outline of the Sentinel. Quickly, efficiently, the Sword snagged at the unicorn, recognizing the blend of injury – similar, perhaps, to how they’d both arrived back in the Greatwood after attacks upon the Citadel. With a swift nod at the mare, the dark equine motioned towards Noah, traipsing in her familiar stoicism. And Deimos, ever a guard in his own way, stood nearby, pressing a low rumble into the air. [say]“What happened?”[/say]

RE: shaken up - Noah - 11-27-2021

Noah worked on keeping his breathing steady and even, and keeping his body still. Even though he had placed a rough tourniquet on his leg, any move he made still caused the wound to gush spurts of blood. He hissed in a breath when he had to move slightly, but the sound of Deimos and his companions and Eira was getting louder, which meant they were getting closer. Relief flooded his chest and poured out over the bond when they broke across the greenery surrounding him and he saw them, whole and unscathed. He hadn't expected anything else -- but given what he had just gone through, had done, he was so glad.

[say]"It's a lot."[/say] Noah breathed out as Zuriel lowered her head. He laced his fingers within the mare's forelock as she released the magic within her soul. Noah felt the tingle consume his leg as muscle and skin threaded back together. Warmth spread over him, but within moments what was dire pain was left to a dull ache. [say]"Thank you."[/say] He whispered to the unicorn, his hand running down the longside of her face and resting between her nostrils for just a moment. [say]"I owe her so much."[/say] Noah smiled a half-cracked smile up at Deimos before he was able to adjust his position without worrying about bleeding out.

The Sentinel worked on removing his tourniquet as he started the tale. [say]"After I spoke with you about the relic, Ronin came to me. It was as soon as I returned to Stormbreak. I didn't have any time to reach out to you --"[/say] He paused, biting the inside of his cheek as he gathered his thoughts, the rage of all of it still boiling within his chest [say]"--he flew us to the Sea of Glass where we met Remi. The three of us worked to break the ice, and I think with some more time we could have been successful. But then the Eirachi appeared. Shr brought a snowstorm and Kiada, Wessex, Neron, and Morgan with her."[/say] He let that sink in for a moment, before continuing. [say]"The Eirachi's power combined with what we'd already done cracked the ice, and that ancient beast you said you encountered really was down there. We fought it and the Ascended, but Morgan ran away."[/say] Noah went on, detailing all of the events that happened within {KQ} unleashed.

[say]"I almost died, but my own healing and Ronin's healing kept me from it."[/say]

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 11-27-2021

The unicorn had long since been accustomed to presiding in her healing proportions. Whether or not it was adhering to Deimos’ multitude of injuries over the years, or simply mending those close to him, she bowed her head, and rendered her abilities with a soothing, assuaging ease. Her horn glowed, the blue hues winding along in a pleasant refrain, and while she worked, the Sword could only fold his arms over his chest, watch her efforts. The smile that appeared, barely etched on his features, only managed to materialize as the levels of danger diminished, leaving the course of apprehension to filter and flicker away from his soul. [say]“Quite a few of us do.”[/say] Fondness for the mare persisted, a shrug to his shoulders coursing through. [say]“Luckily, she usually settles her debts with treats.”[/say] Zuriel responded with a snort, before stepping away, proportions of her incantations finished.

And then the remnants of his grin were gone, for Noah’s words were distinctly that: a lot.

Many machinations ran over the motions in his mind, and he forced himself to ease a long, slow breath from his lungs as each was evaluated in turn. Being left behind, as they stretched out towards Halo, earned the Sentinel a flickering frown, some measure of disappointment he couldn’t quite quantify. [say]“You know I would have been willing to help.”[/say] Maybe the measure wasn’t even for Noah, but he had nothing else to relinquish.

Besides, there were other notions to consider as the tale maneuvered on: the Eirachi (why would they even think to ask for her assistance, after everything he’d heard about Neron and Zariah’s actions?), the Ascended (Kiada included, and he didn’t hide the hurt that seemed to puncture and bruise within), and Morgan, before everything seemed to come tumbling down. The Sword stayed quiet and still for a moment, save for a few glances upwards, as if reaching in, striving to understand which notions were better to correspond to – other than frustration. [say]“I am glad you survived,”[/say] was the first portion out of his mouth, because that should’ve been the most important piece. [say]“What about Kiada?”[/say] If he knew at all; and he didn’t care about the rest. Then a multitude of others pressed against his spine, over his calculations, until ultimately they spurned onward, one by one, hopefully not driving Noah into further vexation. [say]“Did you end up with the relic?”[/say] Who had it now? It clearly hadn’t been as easy as the last trip – and he wrinkled his nose, very boyishly, at the last inquiry. [say]“And how can we use this against Morgan?”[/say]

Because she’d shown her true colors, yet again.

RE: shaken up - Noah - 12-08-2021

The regret of not having Deimos on the tundra, at the Sea of Glass, stung. [say]"I know. I'm sorry, Deimos."[/say] He should have pressed for them to get the hybrid. With Deimos there, they could have ended the ascended threat that made the battle harder than it needed to be. Noah sighed. [say]" Please forgive me."[/say] He would not endeavor again without the Sword -- it was something he could not afford to do any longer. They needed each other at their sides.

[say]"Morgan showed once again that she is in full support of the Ascended. The people of Halo have to know."[/say] Noah shifted his weight, pulling his limbs in close. [say]"I...have a way into the Citadel that cannot be stopped."[/say] Noah said, pulling the compass from his pocket and showing it to the Sword. [say]"I agreed to join the Order, and in return was given this."[/say] He used his other hand to pull the basilisk amulet from beneath his shirt, showing it only for enough time for Deimos to set his eyes on it before replacing it. [say]"I can get to the Citadel but I will not be undetected. I only need to be there with enough time to place a notice. In and out in a flash."[/say] He said, returning the compass to his pocket.

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 12-08-2021

It likely wasn’t Noah’s fault, but the notions still clung around in rampant irritation, leveling along his shoulders until he took another breath. Something about being left behind, about abandonment, about things much larger than this moment screeched and toiled around his mind; but he nodded, taking the words for what they were worth. [say]“You are forgiven,”[/say] came with a semblance of a nod, and maybe the stokings of seeing if actions and words would prove true.

There were other things to deal with anyway. Though his other inquiries weren’t answered, maybe the Sentinel didn’t know, and Deimos had his own means of figuring them out, the notions about Morgan were enough to distract him. Possibilities, parameters, and then the inkling of rewards – motions made when sentiments were rung out. The emboldened potential of a notice on a board, of some way of letting the public know exactly where the Glacier stood amidst her lies, made his brows rise slightly, then slowly furrow back down. The compass was a valuable tool – and could be utilized well, swiftly, quickly. The machinations already tilted, grasped hold, even as his arms remained crossed. [say]“Do you want to borrow my cloak? Or I can make one for you.”[/say] Sneaky, dubious, and deceptive – enough to grant the moments necessary to post and proceed.

He recognized the other item, the amulet, instantly, given he’d been amongst the trio to help extinguish the basilisk’s life. [say]“The one from the Peepholes.”[/say] Power and precision in the might and breadth of a giant serpent.

RE: shaken up - Noah - 12-14-2021

The forgiveness washed over Noah and filled him with relief. It was a tangible feeling over the bond. [say]"Sometimes I get too focused and I forget that I don't have to go as fast as lightning."[/say] He rolled his shoulder back and leaned against the tree some more. [say]"I'm honored to have you at my side, Deimos. Truly."[/say] He was so grateful for the warlord that he couldn't really put it all into words -- but there were very few in this world who displayed the same honor and loyalty as Deimos did.

[say]"An invisibility cloak would not be a bad tool."[/say] Noah admitted, nodding to Deimos. [say]"But I do not want to take that away from you. If you're willing to make one for me, I will accept the gift."[/say] Noah never wanted to take advantage of Deimos' abilities in a way that made the man feel coerced or blackmailed.

[say]"If we could both be rendered invisible, we could cause some damage without it being known it was us."[/say] Noah shifted his weight and let his thoughts continue to roll, half-formed but aloud for Deimos to hear. The Sword would surely have some feedback, and Noah would always welcome it. [say]"Other than finding relics, there are ways that we can make it difficult for the ascended to be anywhere outside of the Grounds. Their shrines."[/say] Vi had said that Noah would aid in snuffing out the ascended, in bringing his light. Would this not be a way to do just that? Destroying their line of communication with the Voice, forcing them all into hiding in their hole like rats?

He nodded at the mention of the amulet. [say]"I know what power you all faced in there, because I've felt it in my own bones."[/say]

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 12-15-2021

For some reason, he didn’t expect the next bout of words. Not many had said them, really, beyond close friends, allies, and loved ones. His features softened a tad, unfurling a snort, intending to unleash something self-deprecating, instead of looking inward, instead of wondering if those things could be true anymore. Instead though, in some manner of growth, or having to acknowledge an instance of self-worth, the Sword nodded, and permitted a smile. Touched, really, that anyone thought of him that way. [say]“Thank you. Likewise.”[/say]

With the invisibility cloak possibilities placed back into the forefront, the soldier began to roll up his sleeves, adhering to the manner of stipulations quickly. [say]“I offered,”[/say] by way of reminder, an arch to his brow as he worked and listened all in the same fluid motions. It’d been a long while since he’d embarked into anything along the lines of these incantations, probably not since Noah’s last gift of the bow, but it uncoiled rapidly and with an unrelenting, gilded haze. In between his hands began to conform and detail, outlining a cloak rendered not unlike his own, but embroidered and ornamented differently; scaled by ways of mountains and bears, reflected on blackened hues.

Meanwhile, he could piece together his concentration into joint efforts. His brows furrowed, but it was difficult to tell if it was from consternation or focus. [say]“Do you mean to destroy them?”[/say]

RE: shaken up - Noah - 12-16-2021

Noah let another flicker of a smile curl his lips as Deimos worked. The cloak was already beautiful and perfectly fit to Noah's history. Mountains and bears and images of the place he loved were weaved within the fabric. It almost formed a lump in his throat.

Noah nodded, slowly, as if trying to arrange his thoughts. [say]"I think so."[/say] He had not fleshed out this plan before now, and the hunter was not a man who could easily verbally process. It felt overwhelming on his chest, the thought, and therefor he had to speak it to existence. Glacier eyes lifted to the warlord, unsure of what the man thought of the idea at this point. [say]"There has to be a shrine somewhere in Halo. I know it is not in the Citadel."[/say] If they could at least have the ascended need to leave Halo, that would be a start. The rest of the world would come later.

[say]"But...even aside from that, I do know that the people of Halo need to know of Morgan assisting the ascended."[/say] He breathed out, his head feeling heavy with the whirlwind of thoughts and emotions.

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 12-16-2021

Simultaneous processes continued and persisted, a tilt to his head, and fabric unfurling under his grip. Eventually the item was to Noah’s size, hues darkening as it stretched downward and along the sand for a moment, while the Sword fixated on the magic needing to flow through it. Invisibility, the art of covert operations, of sliding and slinking, of furtive divinations, pulsed and pervaded, until eventually, it all came together. Thereafter, with a small, modest smile, he handed it over to the Sentinel.

In regards to the other subject matter, though he’d given thoughts on the notions before as possibilities, as particulars, he hadn’t ventured into that course as of yet. Perhaps Deimos needed to voice his machinations as well, rare though it may be. [say]“I am not certain how we would do so. Have you heard of anyone else accomplishing such a thing?”[/say] Hadn’t there been a group that tried in Torchline? There’d been glimmers of a rumor corresponding here and there, but no actual, factual evidence came to his mind. The speculations continued, his head lifting, eyes flickering off along the surroundings, pinpointing on Zuriel for a moment. [say]“Sah went with Wessex to see the Voice.”[/say] He’d believed it incredibly foolish then, and did now, but there was advantageous potential lacquered in the midst. [say]“He could lead us there.”[/say] Whether he was willing or not might have been another thing altogether.

And he was in full agreement that the mountains needed to know of Morgan’s involvement, yet again, in roles that weren’t neutral. Spiraling on her lies. Conforming to everything they’d known. [say]“What were you thinking of doing?”[/say]

--

[say]Deimos has made:

Type: Grey
Invisibility Cloak | Ornate, detailed cloak, that when worn, renders an individual invisible. [/say]

RE: shaken up - Noah - 12-27-2021

[say]"No, never. But I imagine that it is possible some way. Our gods don't want them there, either. Maybe we could seek out some guidance from them."[/say] Noah wasn't really sure what to do at this point, but maybe his patron would support him. He wasn't sure. [say]"I think it would be good to have Sah take us, but I am not sure I want to share with him the purpose. He's still...naive, to a point, that I want to be careful what he knows and what he doesn't. For his own safety."[/say]

[say]"With this cloak and my compass I can transport into Halo, post the notice of Morgan's ascended assistance, and be gone before daylight. The people need to know about that, for sure. There are many that read the notice board daily, and I know word will travel fast."[/say] He said, bringing the cloak to him and standing. He tossed it around him, only leaving his head uncovered. His body faded away and only the flora behind him could be seen.

A joyful grin split across his features. [say]"Your powers truly are amazing."[/say] Noah said, looking over at the warrior.

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 12-27-2021

Deimos, given past expressions of destruction, was only wary of the potential disaster to someone else in their circle, and the repercussions thereafter. [say]“Worth asking,”[/say] he nodded, agreeing to the notions and ideas, as a driving force, as a battering ram, but with all the apprehension underneath. There could’ve been multitudes layered alongside it – intertwined with semblances of Kiada, and then misgivings associated with actions lacquered with too much calamity on the other side. [say]"Even if it does not deter them, it can at least distract them."[/say] Would they spend their time rebuilding? Would they leave it be, and scuttle back to the Grounds? Maybe it wouldn’t matter, with the war swiftly approaching; because then everything would fall to pieces anyway. But they could wait, approach it methodically – another interval in the game.

Withholding information from Sah made his jaw feather as it tightened, and he glanced downward at the sand, easing a long, slow breath from his lungs. [say]“I doubt he will lead us there without knowing why. But I understand your concern.”[/say] While the Abandoned had seemingly made a choice, he was also quick to assume, impulsive, and the Sword wasn’t certain how he’d react to the idea. A frown began to whittle its way along his features, if only because the frustration had begun to etch and sketch through his mind again; roadblock after roadblock fumbling through. [say]“I would like to talk to whoever is left in Halo.”[/say] Those who’d chosen to stay. Who held more loyalty to their land, than the leader. [say]“See what we can do there.”[/say]

And with the addition of the notice board, it might be able to plant the figments deeper into the minds of the people – but he glanced upwards, permitting one round of laughter, a deep rumble even as his arms crossed over his chest, at the ludicrous picture of Noah’s floating head. [say]“Thank you. Hopefully it will serve you well.”[/say]

RE: shaken up - Noah - 01-07-2022

Taking the cloak so that Noah appeared himself again rather than a floating head, the hunter folded it up and tucked it under his arm. [say]"It will be rather useful. I think we need to start reaching out to people as well. Have you thought of who to reach out to?"[/say] The list of names and families that Noah and his family hunted with over the years ran through his mind like a scroll.

[say]"I'm having a hard time trusting Sah after he told me I shouldn't go back to Halo."[/say] The hunter sighed and looked to Deimos with slightly raised brows, the exasperation in the memory easy to see. [say]"He can be so rash, and quick. He can't even see it when its happening. I'm just hesitant about what would come out of his mouth in front of Morgan. Not because I couldn't handle the lash from her, but last time she brought in Wessex..."[/say]

[say]"Deimos, when the Voice caused the destruction and damage she did in the Hollowed Grounds, how did you feel?"[/say] He had heard it before, again and again, but wanted solidification and justification further than he anger he felt in the shadow of what had transpired.

RE: shaken up - Deimos - 01-07-2022

A quick nod measured his countenance as they returned swiftly to necessities and details, the laughter fading away. [say]“Sylvia and Shaye so far. I have sent out letters already, and they agreed to meet.”[/say] The list of names Sah had given him had been short, but to the point, and even two could make for significant changes and alterations. [say]“Can you think of any others?”[/say] Noah would have the most insight, given his Natural status and long family histories around the mountains.

He tilted his head a fraction again, arms crossing over his chest once more as another sigh managed to muster its way through. His eyes went briefly to Zuriel, who snorted, as if the volley of thoughts ricocheted through both of them. [say]“I did not realize you had that conversation with him. We had similar words, and I let him know my opinion on the matter.”[/say] Frustrating for multitudes of reasons, but the drawn edges might have left Sah with some lessons learned in the process. But with the other considerations at play, and potential for the fellow Abandoned to simply tell everyone everything, the Sword could only frown. [say]“Perhaps we find another who has gone then.”[/say] Maybe one of the Naturals had stepped foot in those portions?

Deimos raised his skull from his musings though when the other inquiry came flickering through – brows furrowing, the decree of memories and experiences poignant and vast. [say]“Which time?”[/say] It was a low rumble, a press of things he’d like to forget. His jaw feathered, piercing gaze sliding elsewhere, to the treetops, to the canopies, to the dunes, biting back a measure of ferocity. [say]“When her creations tortured us during LongNights? When she spread the blight?"[/say] When she’d forced him to bend, all because he’d been there, in her presence, to help Rexanna? [say]“There were feelings of hopelessness. Terror. Horror.”[/say] Kiada, sickened and twisted, maligned and consumed by the disease. The shreds of Amalia’s voice echoing from monsters’ mouths, trying to coax him outside. The Penumbra’s death. [say]“That is why I did not want Halo to be touched by her.”[/say]