Court of the Fallen
isn't she beautiful? - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: isn't she beautiful? (/showthread.php?tid=6536)

Pages: 1 2

isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 12-19-2021

[say]"Yes, you have to help. No, I ain't takin' no for an answer. Yes, her tits are immaculate."[/say] Jack says all of this around a cigarette as he stands on the docks, watching a few burly sailors manoeuvre a truly impressive figurehead onto the Ark.

Anyone looking will be able to see the resemblance to Safrin; crafted in a dark wood, the lady in the figurehead reaches a hand out towards the stars. Swathed in fabric (exquisitely carved, of course) and with her breasts on full show, Jack has ensured that she looks exactly how he remembers Safrin.

[say]"The old one has already been taken down,"[/say] he continues to Aurelia. [say]"So we just gotta get 'er in place."[/say] The monsoons might be raging elsewhere, but it's a blustery if not clear day behind Torchline's shield. And they have Safrin to thank for that, too. So why not dedicate the day to this?

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 12-19-2021

[say]"Y'know..."[/say] Her arms are crossed, her brow's arched, and there's a definitive smirk on her face brought on by the sight of a pair of pretty distinct breasts. She turns this quizzically amused look beside her, to Jack, and continues, [say]"I did think us following the same goddess could be fruitful but I gotta hand it to you, Jack. I was not expecting this."[/say] And she should've been, honestly. Because of course he would.

Not to say this tribute isn't a good idea. She actually likes it and, well... what goddess didn't have art of her tits up somewhere?

It's only a few moments until Aurelia sets off after the sailors as they haul the new Saffy figurehead. She tries not to get in the way while also making sure they don't royally fuck up by dropping her.

[say]"What better way to part the waves - and stars - than a pair of galactic tits! I'll miss the old one, though,"[/say] she stops short, looking over her shoulder at Jack with a squint, [say]"Uh.. what was it again?"[/say] She grins and steps aside to let him take the lead with this new, flashy addition to the ship, waiting to see what it is he wants to do to set it up.

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 12-20-2021

[say]"I'm disappointed,"[/say] Jack drawls, as if to agree with her mental remarks that yes, she absolutely should have been expecting this. The figurehead makes it safely on deck under Aurelia's watchful eye (and a chorus of cheers echoes out from the crew and from the onlookers on the docks), and Jack follows her up the gangplank. [say]"Mm, that was my thinkin' as well. Once she's up an' the sun goes down, we'll have to take her for her first peek at the stars."[/say]

Whistling sharply, Jack directs the crew to the currently naked prow of the boat, and they hoist the marvellous new figurehead towards her new home. [say]"It was a Mer with her tits out,"[/say] Jack murmurs to the ex-queen, a salacious grin on his face. Because of course it was. [say]"Aight, you keep an eye on 'em from the other side,"[/say] he says, nodding for Aurelia to circle around. [say]"There ought to be guidelines in place. Once she's set up, we can get to fixin' her there."[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 12-21-2021

[say]"A mermaid, that's riiiight!"[/say] She knew that. She takes the order rather graciously and she'd have a lot more pep in her step if it weren't for the soreness in her leg. She'll manage fine, of course, even if she has to push herself a bit. Ah, but she's excited! She gets to be on the Ark as it flies - and nothing could ruin that.

Moving about so she can get a better view of the other side, she eyes the guiding lines carefully before moving forward with this order of business. She helps the sailors adjust the bust into place, making sure it's all according to the plan from her side. [say]"Looks perky to me, how 'bout over there?"[/say] She looks up and nods over at Jack.

[say]"Well... actually..."[/say] she taps her chin at the piece of art and purses her lips, [say]"how do we know they're the right size?"[/say] What's the right size? The boobs, of course. [say]"Getting that wrong would be an offensive mistake."[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 12-21-2021

[say]"You ought'a see a healer,"[/say] Jack calls to Aurelia from the other side of the figurehead. One might mistake this as concern for her wellbeing, but rest assured, the captain just doesn't want extra work on his hands if she has to hobble around while they're out sailing. [say]"Ain't your squeeze got that kind of magic?"[/say] Twist the knife a little deeper Jack, why don't you.

They work surprisingly well together (though it really shouldn't be a surprise anymore), Jack guiding his side into place and seeming satisfied once it has dropped. [say]"Aye, she's a beaut from here too,"[/say] he agrees, calling for the crew to leave them now that the grunt work is over. The rest will require a little more finesse. [say]"Mm?"[/say] He pops his head over Safrin's shoulder to peer down at Aurelia.

[say]"I've seen 'em, I know they're the right size,"[/say] he informs her haughtily, though he does tilt his head at the breast nearest to him. [say]"Why, d'you reckon she'd want her assets amplified?"[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 12-24-2021

If there's a wince at Jack's knife-twisting, she doesn't show it. (Though he'd probably be able to mind-read it.) [say]"I have seen a healer; two, in fact,"[/say] she informs him, but she knows what he actually means. As in, see a healer to fix the leg - not just mend it a little more. [say]"It'll finish healing on its own soon 'nuff, don't worry. Besides, if I need to be faster, I can use a shift."[/say] Faster or stronger or more agile... Tigers are very well-adapted creatures. In fact, she could probably partial-shift away her bad leg entirely. But having the hind-end of a tiger and the top-half of a human is a cursed type of centaur she wasn't willing to fuck around as.

The crew are relieved of their duty, which leaves Aurelia and Jack to finish the figurehead, but not before she has to confirm the size and density of Safrin's boobs. [say]"Mm.. have you?"[/say] She smiles humorously, but the question is rhetorical because she fully believes him - for whatever reason. She's right up on the other side of the bust at this point, ready with her tools. With a tilt of her head, she observes the breast size one last time and decides, [say]"Nah, she's perfect."[/say]

After they actually begin the real work, Aurelia casually asks, [say]"Hey Jack,"[/say] pausing to glance up at him, [say]"how did you end up with the Ark in the first place?"[/say] She thinks he might've told her a bit about how he came into this lifestyle, but she doesn't recall anything about the Ark's origin story.

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 12-26-2021

[say]"Your leg, your funeral I guess,"[/say] Jack drawls at what he sees as her excuses, but he's offered his advice which is probably a lot more than others would receive, and that's as far as he'll push. (Aww, friends). [say]"Yes I have,"[/say] he snipes to her, knowing full well she believes him but it's the principle of the thing. [say]"An' she is perfect, you're right."[/say] And so, with an affectionate tweak of the figurehead's nipple, Jack settles down to get to fixing her in place properly.

[say]"Mm...?"[/say] It's a few minutes before Aurelia's voice rings out to him, the captain glancing up at her with a couple of nails poking from between his lips, one calloused hand braced against the figurehead. For a second it looks as though he's going to tell her to fuck off, but after a moment of consideration, he takes the nails from his lips and rolls his shoulder in a shrug, as if to take away from the fact that he's sharing with her.

[say]"She was stale in the water for years in this port,"[/say] he tells her, pausing to tap one of the nails in place. [say]"People reckoned she'd sink 'fore she ever saw another crew. I got her nearly free of charge, 'cuz of the condition. Must've been over a decade ago now."[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 01-04-2022

Aurelia scoffs, joking, [say]"Maybe I'll get myself a wooden leg and an eye patch. Like in the stories. Then I'll be a real pirate, eh? Already got the booby right here."[/say] Is she aware that it's actually called 'booty'? Yes, but she's being stupid and clever at the same time. An image of a burly blackbearded man wearing an eye patch, a peg leg, a hook for a hand, and a parrot on his shoulder crosses through her mind.

She's hammering down the Safrin figure just before she pauses to broach the subject of the Ark. When he pulls the nails from his mouth she reaches out to silently ask for one, having run short of her own.

[say]"So you've been captain of the Ark for over a decade?"[/say] She asks, raising her brows to glance up at him, [say]"Impressive. Were you on a ship before or did you just learn how to run things as you went?"[/say] Truthfully, neither one would surprise her.

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 01-05-2022

[say]"You have have all the boobies, eyepatches an' peg legs you like, but if you stand on the Ark an' call yourself a fuckin' pirate, I'll toss you overboard myself,"[/say] Jack fires back at Aurelia, handing over the nails for her to use and reaching down to grab a few more. There's another between his lips when she asks more questions, and so when he responds it sounds a little mumbled, the words coming between the tap tap tap of their work on the figurehead.

[say]"Mmhm. Eighteen or nineteen I think I was, a proper little prick,"[/say] he rumbles with a smirk. [say]"Never been on a ship 'fore though, nah. I'd grown up in Torchline so saw 'em everywhere. An' the Ark didn't sail at first - used her for storage an' as a headquarters. Only sailed her later, once we had a real crew."[/say] Which helped, as one can imagine. [say]"Aight, there. Think she'll hold?"[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 01-07-2022

She laughs off his gruff retort, shaking her head as she takes hammer to nail rhythmically. Before she knows it they're almost finished. Since his voice is muffled by the nail he holds between his lips, she has to listen a little harder, glancing up at him as he speaks through the work.

When it seems they've done enough, she tests the strength of the figurehead with a proper jostle, hoping to weed out any areas that might still be loose or weak. Upon finding none, she nods in assurance, [say]"Yep! Still make a good team, ey, Captain?"[/say] At that, she steps back from the bow and gives it a proper once-over.

[say]"So.. how do you manage everything; navigation, cargo and all the crew?"[/say] She tilts her head back in his direction, emanating nothing but sheer curiosity - and perhaps a bit of admiration. He'd been doing the bulk of things on his own for over a decade, after all.

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 01-07-2022

The Safrin figurehead holds, as Jack always knew it would, the captain stepping down from the prow of his ship and putting the surplus nails and other materials to one side. [say]"Aye,"[/say] he says in unexpected agreement with Aurelia, a crooked if not genuine smile on his face as he admires their handiwork. They do make a good team, something that surprises him as much as it pleases him.

Folding his arms across his chest and strolling to and fro across the deck as if to make sure Safrin looks good from every angle, finally Jack seems satisfied - from this part of the ship, anyway. Soon enough he's leading them away so they can admire her from the port. [say]"Mm? These days, experience,"[/say] he says. Doing it for so long means learning all the jobs, to some extent.

[say]"Back at the beginnin' it's all about the crew. Gotta have people who know their shit, and the right people to keep 'em on track. A good first mate's worth his weight in dreamdust."[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 01-07-2022

She can't help but match his smile with one of her own, crooked and genuine all at once as the mirth wrinkles her nose. She'd missed this, but she doesn't dare say that out loud for fear of erasing the whole smile off Jack's face.

She falls into step alongside Jack as they make their way back down, off the ship and onto the port, where a few of the workers have gathered loosely to admire the new figurehead as well. From one of them, she chances a little bottle of rum and takes a small swig. [say]"Mhm,"[/say] she hums as she hands it over to Jack next, still listening, [say]"'m sure a good crew makes all the difference. I wonder what that's like."[/say] She gives him a clever smirk, joking of course.

[say]"But uh.. how do you know if someone's first mate material?"[/say] Maaayybe she's asking because she's wondering if she'd make a good one or not.

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Jack - 01-08-2022

[say]"Oh, ha. I forgot how incredibly witty you aren't,"[/say] Jack quips back, accepting the offered rum and taking a small swallow of it, before handing it back across to Aurelia. They step back far enough to see the Safrin figurehead in the context of the rest of the Ark, Jack sinking down to perch on the edge of the wall and nodding his approval. [say]"Reckon she'll cut a fine figure when we sail through the seas. And the stars."[/say]

He raises his eyebrows across at her, and even without telepathy it would be difficult not to see what she's posturing towards. Still, Jack offers her a sharp grin. [say]"That's easy. They're loyal, reliable, the crew respect 'em, and they can do most anythin' I can do."[/say] He tilts his head. [say]"Why, d'you fancy yourself for the job?"[/say]

RE: isn't she beautiful? - Aurelia - 01-09-2022

[say]"And may Safrin smile down on us for it,"[/say] she agrees, tipping the small bottle toward the ship in a gesture of cheers before she takes another sip.

Admittedly, she's not surprised at how he catches onto her - but she is surprised at the way he handles it. She shoots his grin a startled look, mouth opening but for a moment nothing really comes out of it. Till she clears her throat and straightens her back against the wall, [say]"Mm.. maybe,"[/say] she considers, eyeing the ship's sails and then the figurehead once more, [say]"I'd still have a lot to learn from you, though. And I'm not sure I have much of anyone's respect after disappearing. Most people thought I died, remember?"[/say] She shoots him a sharper look before her expression falls at the thought of Milo, or of Maeve, mumbling, [say]"'m just a ghost now."[/say]