Court of the Fallen
what does the falcon say? - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: what does the falcon say? (/showthread.php?tid=6648)

what does the falcon say? - Wessex - 01-05-2022

[say] “I’m surprised,”[/say] Wessex begins, to break the silence as they head out of the Citadel.[say] “Didn’t expect a Flynn to join me,”[/say] which is only to say because it hadn’t been done before.[say] “But I’m very curious about falconry.”[/say] And Shaye, herself, has a good reputation. She could use the Natural as a friend - or at the very least, not her enemy.

Heading quickly out on to the Tundra, their legs unhampered by snow, Wessex slows as they hit an open spot and peers around, as if she’s listening, examining, and testing their surroundings. With only a bow slung upon her back, she finds herself reverting to the skills she’d developed before Outlanders had started dropping in on their doorstep. Goddess, how long ago that seems. Musing aloud, the Wraith gives a side-eye to the redhead.[say] “If you were a luxere, where would you hide during Longheat?”[/say]

RE: what does the falcon say? - Shaye - 01-06-2022

The surprise doesn't go unmatched. Her dark red brows lift and, casually, she explains, [say]"The Flynns- hunt together, and most of them are not keen on showing the way to someone outside of the Clan."[/say] Her tone turns cautionary, or even icy, as she glances over at the woman and her bow, [say]"Usually people would rather trade afterward than join a hunt. Those people are smart. The tundra is dangerous, even to those that know it well."[/say]

But Wessex is not a very usual person, Shaye is slowly finding out. And Shaye is not a usual Flynn, either.

There is no hawk upon her shoulder when Wessex brings up the practice of falconry, and there surely won't be - not today. Not for what they're hunting. [say]"What would you like to know?"[/say] She asks, welcoming any barrage of questions that may come her way if only because it is a practice she takes a great deal of pride in.

Wessex slows down in the open, but Shaye markedly does not. Her worn boots continue to tread over the solid, icy ground. Past the Wraith, expressing no need for hesitation or examination. When the request had been made, Shaye plotted out their course carefully - and not without consultation among other hunters who had already cleared the trails this Longheat. Not without purpose does she turn to one direction; North. It's only when she hears Wessex's questioning thought over the snow that she takes pause. The draping ends of her wolf-fur coat sway just over the snow in her halt, the hood pushed back so it gathers around her jaw.

[say]"I wouldn't,"[/say] she remarks cleverly, tipping a knowing eye back over her shoulder at her hunting companion, [say]"this time of year, they might travel hundreds of miles. They have to, in order to find enough food to sustain the herd throughout the season. But I know the routes they follow. We'll keep going this way until we find sign of them."[/say] It could take several days, knowing the ways of the hunt, but Shaye is confident. This early in the season, the pair of them might get lucky. She sets off once more, though this time she does wait for Wessex, asking, [say]"What interests you in the luxere?"[/say]

RE: what does the falcon say? - Wessex - 01-13-2022

Chuckling warmly in the back of her throat, Wessex concedes all her points.[say] “That’s fair.”[/say] She’d hoped by now that she had proven herself a relative friend of Halo, but that mistrust and fear of the unknown can drive that hesitation deep. And everything about the Wraith is likely to scream other.[say] “I was a hunter, mostly, in the Grounds before the Outlanders came. Being able to do it again is a return to refreshing simplicity right now.”[/say]

So this kind of thing gets her back to her roots - almost.

Letting Shaye take the lead, Wessex easily follows behind; she is no daughter of the Tundra, and she knows when to take a step back. Offering a fanged smile for the woman’s explanation, the Wraith gestures for her to continue leading, falling half a step back, but with both ears tuned on her guide and their surroundings.

[say] “I owe the Eirachi two shrines for her help on the Sea of Glass in Flowerbirth.”[/say] No doubt Shaye had heard of the misadventure, and the demigod is curious to hear what someone outside her circle thinks about it, so she rather coyly keeps her statement short and sweet.

{Fin}