Court of the Fallen
[Training] Deep in the water - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [Training] Deep in the water (/showthread.php?tid=6653)

Pages: 1 2 3

Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-05-2022

It was time for Darkeye to face his greatest fear: WATER. He knew how to swim and fight in the water. But it wasn't his element and he had to leave his armor behind. Stepping into the water, cost him a lot of willpower. As he started to swim, he used a lot of unnecessary strength until he began to get a feeling for the body and water. After a while, he started to dive with his spear. Deeper and deeper to make some moves and get a feeling of the resistance under the surface. He knew how important it was to ration the air. After a short time and a few moves later he swam back to the surface above him and got some fresh air. A few moments later he started to dive again. His sight under the water was not the best but there was for sure something.

RE: Deep in the water - Chrysaora - 01-06-2022

Recently, Chrys had started to swim by the coast more often to watch the people going about their day there. Somehow, she always found something interesting to watch. And what caught her interest this time was an older man, apparently trying to exercise or something similar. At first, she watched him from the distance, well aware that under water, her eyes were better than those of mouth-breathers.

When he dove down once more, she decided to approach him. A young woman, the top half that of a naked woman, the bottom half an orange-yellow umbrella like that of a jellyfish, tiny tentacles trailing behind beneath it. Swimming up to him to roughly ten feet distance, she gave him a little wave and a smile. When a call through the attuned bond yielded no reply, she waited, watching the man to gauge his reaction.

RE: Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-06-2022

As Darkeye saw that creature approach him, he was surprised and tried to get a little distance from that thing. For a moment he forgot that he was underwater and he wanted to take a deep breath, but he could stop himself from doing that mistake. He had never seen something like this where he came from. Is this half-jellyfish half-human waving at him? He couldn't see it right, so he pointed up. Perhaps that woman - at least he thought that it was a woman - can talk as well? He started to swim to the surface, always watching what that woman would do.

RE: Deep in the water - Chrysaora - 01-06-2022

When the stranger pointed upwards, Chrys nodded and headed for the surface. Meanwhile she made sure not to get closer, so he wouldn't feel threatened. Emerging at the surface, she looked towards the stranger. [say]“Hi! Sorry for startling you.”[/say] she said with a wide smile. As she talked, she seemed to have no problem staying at the surface, the umbrella at her hips keeping her afloat with slight movements, leaving her hands free to give him another little wave.

[say]“I saw you trying to fight underwater or something similar. That looked interesting. I haven't seen many mouth-breathers who were interested in fighting underwater.”[/say] Saying this, she looked him up and down.

[say]“Oh, I almost forgot. My name is Chrys, nice to meet you.”[/say]

RE: Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-06-2022

It talked... IT TALKED...He stared at her and for a second he thought he had been in the water too long. Okay, stay calm he thought.[say]" Nice to meet you Chrys. Kor greets you. I'm Darkeye. Sorry for staring at you, but I have never seen one of your kind."[/say]. His curiosity grew. How did she breathe if her lungs were over the water? Did she have gills? How did that work, was she able to switch it between lungs and gill? [say]"I was training. I know swimming helps to build up muscles. I am trying to figure out what my body remembers and what my mind remembers. It's hard to explain... But in short terms, I was training to fight underwater."[/say]

RE: Deep in the water - Chrysaora - 01-08-2022

At his bewilderment, Chrys laughed. [say]"Don't worry about it. We've kept to ourselves, so most people don't know about us. We kept our existence secret until a few years ago. But things are a lot more interesting now. Also, who's Kor?"[/say]

She came a bit closer to take a look at his spear. [say]"That looks different from the weapons we use. Isn't it kind of unwieldy in the water? Ours are like, really thin. And jagged, so that they're better to hunt with."[/say] Saying this, she looked back at Darkeye, head slightly tilted, an inquisitive look on her face. [say]"And why do you need to figure out what you remember? Did you hit your head or something?"[/say]

[say]"Fighting training sounds interesting. Are you gonna train without the spear later? Do you mind if I join then? I don't want to get pierced by that thing."[/say] she said enthusiastically.

RE: Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-08-2022

He looked at the girl. [say]"What changed your opinion to hide? Kor is my god, that I serve wholeheartedly. I think he sent me here because of the coming war."[/say] It was the only reason Blackeye thought of why he should be here. The Voice was no option for him.

[say]"This weapon should be multifarious in battle. I use a bow or a javelin to hunt. You are right, maybe a longer thinner spear would be a better weapon of choice. Under the sea, a weapon with less water resistance is better. Thank you for the good advice. No, I think I'm in another world. My body is weaker than before. So I must find out what I'm still able to do. That would be interesting. Let me get to the shore and put my things there. Then we can see how we train. Okay, little girl?"[/say]

[say]“A lot of things changed and the governor of Torchline had a talk with our king. After that, we were allowed to show ourselves more openly. Few do though.”[/say] Chrys shrugged. [say]“So you're an Outlander.”[/say] She stated. [say]“But isn't your god back in the world you came from? And why would he send you to a war that's not his own?”[/say]

She nodded to his explanation about weapons. [say]“Sounds like a good idea. I've never trained to fight, so this'll be interesting.”[/say] She made a short pause. [say]“Sure, I'll wait here, old man.”[/say] she said, a smirk on her face.

RE: Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-08-2022

[say]"Do you know what they talked about? It would help me to understand this world better."[/say] He made a short break to think about it. [say]"Easy enough to say, young one. It's war and where there is war, there is Kor. He has no limits to realms. And as long as blood is pumping through my veins, Kor is with me. So a part of him is in this world too."[/say] In his voice was no hesitation or doubt.

Darkeye smiled about her last sentence, swam back to the shore, and put his spear close to where his armor was. He wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not... But now it was too late to turn back. So he swam back to Chrys. [say]"You have an advantage. I hope you don't kill me. I love to live."[/say] After that he took a deep breath and dove under the water, giving the sign to start the training.

[say]“Not really. I wasn't there when they talked. As far as I know it was mainly a matter of: We don't cause you trouble, and you don't cause us trouble.”[/say] Chrys shrugged again. She'd never been one for politics. Upon Darkeyes explanation of Kor though, she looked more interested. [say]“That sounds interesting. I still prefer our gods though. I don't like war.”[/say]

Waiting patiently for Darkeye to return into the water, she laughed at his words. [say]“I won't. I love to live too.”[/say] She got a bit more serious, though not entirely. [say]“I can't promise to keep all my tentacles in check though.”[/say]

Once Darkeye dove down, she followed, tentacles trailing behind. Underwater, she remained close, her eyes on Darkeye to see what he would do next. Might as well let him make the first move and learn from him, since he was the more experienced of them two.

RE: Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-09-2022

Darkeye nodded[say]" I understand what you mean. Sure anyone should believe in what he likes. No one like's it, but sometimes it is necessary."[/say]

Darkeye waited for Chrys' signal if she was ready. After the short nod, he swam directly at her trying to grab a part of her upper body. He tried to get a good hold of her arm. His other hand was focused on tapping her arm's joint to show her where he wanna land the attack. After her reactions to his attack, he pointed upwards, to talk about what happened.

RE: Deep in the water - Chrysaora - 01-12-2022

Chrys watched Darkeye's movements, unsure how such a training would go about. Were they supposed to fight, or show each other something. Maybe she should have asked when they were at the surface. Now, as she saw him swim directly towards her, and try to grab her arm, she evaded. Leaning back and with a movement of her jellyfish-umbrella, she intended to evade his attack.

However, she moved a tad too quickly, instead ending up doing a backwards roll. Thanks to this, Blackeye would now see himself confronted by a mess of tiny tentacles in the water before him. Ones which caused pain on touch. If he returned to the surface, Chrys would follow him.

RE: Deep in the water - Darkeye - 01-12-2022

Darkeye wanted to show her the movements but she was fast. He pointed upward to the surface. He swam up and after Chrys was at the surface too he started talking. [say] "You are fast, amazing. But I wanted to show you the moves first. I would not attack you in training before you are ready. It's important to grab something from your enemy an arm or foot, then try to twist it so the enemy can't use it in the fight. Maybe use your tentacles too. Use any advantage against your enemies. Do you have any questions?"[/say] He looked at her and waited for an answer.

RE: Deep in the water - Chrysaora - 01-14-2022

Chrys looked at Darkeye inquisitively when he explained his actions. [say]“But can't they just untwist it?”[/say] she asked, entirely serious. She didn't seem to understand what Darkeye meant.

She tilted her head slightly, thinking. So far she had never thought about using her tentacles offensively. Though she had an instinctual understanding of how to get them where she wanted. But until now she had mainly focused on keeping them out of the was and not hitting people with them. [say]“My tentacles can hurt you a lot. I think it's not fair to use them in a training fight.”[/say] She nodded decisively as if to confirm her statement.