Court of the Fallen
Night Creatures - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Night Creatures (/showthread.php?tid=6665)

Night Creatures - Peter - 01-08-2022

It's strange. Not running away, not exactly, Pet is used to putting his back to something and leaving when he can, but... coming back. He hasn't gotten to do it much.

He's with Adam though, and together they could do anything. Together they could make another home, could occupy some other hole and live their lives, and well, the Grounds just made more sense than Torchline, what with the rumblings going around. It wasn't like they couldn't leave again.

They step out of one moon-soaked vista and into another, though calling the Grounds a "vista" is a generosity it does not deserve. Pet takes a deep breath in, eyes darting around them, then looks up at Adam, his brows furrowed in an expression that on him looks almost hopeful. He takes the first step, not looking ahead of them, and then another, just as blindly, walking them vaguely in the direction of a place he'd called home, Gods only knew how long ago now.

"[say]It's... probably better here anyway?[/say]" There is a definite lilt in his voice, a wavering uncertainty. "[say]Less... less sun. Less...[/say]" A hand reaches out to grab Adam's tightly, Pet entwining their fingers together. "[say]Less murdery... everyone.[/say]"

RE: Night Creatures - Adam - 01-08-2022

Torchline had been so sexy. The beach, the sun, the sea, the seedy underbelly and the wild city; Adam had felt like he'd been made for the place. It was everything his debauched little mountain-born self had dreamed of...and now, because of the stupid war he didn't even care about, he'd had to leave. It wasn't safe anymore.

While it had never been ideal for an Ascended, as sunny and bright as it was, he'd made it work. But now, with crazed assholes ranting in the streets and the leader, his friend, aligned to Safrin...he hadn't been able to justify staying there much longer, not when there was somewhere much safer a portal trip way. Didn't mean he was happy about it though.

The dull view of the Grounds before them felt like a depressing confirmation of the hopelessness. The only thing keeping Adam from full despair was Pet by his side, which is why when he tried to speak, tried to be positive, Adam tried in kind to force a smile onto his face. [say]"Got the boner room here, I guess. That's a plus."[/say] As Pet took his hands, he held on tight and leaned in to kiss his lips. [say]"At least we're starting out together, right? S'not like when we first got here and we were all confused and alone. We can...we can get a little place somewhere and do some work and uh, try not to die in a war, I guess. That's fun."[/say]

RE: Night Creatures - Peter - 01-10-2022

“[say]See?[/say]” Pet doesn’t miss the discomfort and disappointment in Adam’s everything, but he tries to brush past it, beaming up at the taller man. “[say]Its like a-[/say]” He’s interrupted by the kiss, Pet rising up onto his tiptoes and squeezing Adam’s hand tightly. “[say]S’a silver lining.[/say]” The end of his thought is mumbled out, a silvery flush fighting to cling to the tips of his ears.

He keeps them moving through the well-worn paths through the fields. Right now it’s a surprising show of life, crops in the middle of growth springing up green around them, almost covering up the quiet, abandoned houses. “[say]We are together. And we… and we have a place to stay, for now. Until we… find somewhere else to do work, and… and not die.[/say]” It wasn’t something he had a great track record with, but… hey, third times the charm, right?

“[say]I know there’s a place up here we can stay.[/say]”

RE: Night Creatures - Adam - 01-10-2022

Adam held Pet's gaze for a moment after they parted, not noticing the verdant crops on either side of their path, for just a precious second able to be just there in Pet's eyes - it passed, though, the war and their circumstances unfortunately too strong to be forgotten about.

[say]"You know a place we can stay?"[/say] He asked, starting to walk again and glancing sideways at Pet. [say]"I was thinkin' we'd just take up one of them old houses in the settlement. Fuck, maybe the one I used to have is still empty. Not like many people are moving back into the fuckin' Grounds, is it?"[/say] Adam sighed, tried not to think about the last time they'd moved, heading to Torchline and feeling the warm sun on his face...

Another thought came to mind: Pet, as much as Adam loved him, was what some might refer to as a 'stinky little rat man'. [say]"...So what's this place you think we can live in? Is it...y'know...nice?"[/say]

RE: Night Creatures - Peter - 01-17-2022

“[say]Mm-hmm[/say]” Pet chirps his answer warmly, then glances around then, hesitation sitting on his shoulders and in the sudden drag of his feet. “[say]It’s not… it’s just for now. Til the sun goes down again, and we can find something… different, if you want?[/say]” It was as much of a compromise as he could offer, without simply suggesting they go back to Torchline. There wasn’t really a home there for them anymore anyway.

Unable to hear Adam’s thoughts he might be, but Pet is in tune enough with the other man to hear the concern in his tone. “[say]It’s nice.[/say]” Pet huffs, before pausing, and tipping his head back and forth. “[say]It’s just, it’s been a little bit since… since I’ve seen it, but… it was nice.[/say]” If he really thought about it, Pet wasn’t even sure how long it had been abandoned.

Wasn’t even sure if it was still standing.

But luck seems to be on their side, because the winding path they’re following finally spits them out in from of a farmhouse in decent condition, a faded doorplate reading Valair greeting them.

RE: Night Creatures - Adam - 01-20-2022

[say]"Just for now."[/say] Adam repeated, sensing the way Pet was suddenly backing down and becoming more and more worried they were about to spend the day in a ditch or under a rock. Still, it was insisted to be nice, so he went along with his partner away, shaking his head with a low laugh. At least they had all the time in the world to explore and find homes (that was, assuming they survived the war, but he didn't want to think about that).

Seeing an actual building was a pleasant surprise, though Adam was still wary of the abandoned farmhouse. Walking up to the door and lightly pushing it, pausing as it swung open with a creak, he looked to Pet. [say]"Uh...so how come this is all empty? People didn't get murdered or anything in here, right?"[/say] Given the amount of assassins and general criminals he'd spent time with, that shouldn't have bothered him as much as it did, but the last thing he needed right now was ghosts.

RE: Night Creatures - Peter - 01-26-2022

It's not exactly guilt that has Peter looking away, though it certainly resembles it. "[say]No one got... there wasn't murders here. At least... at least not that I know about.[/say]" He steps in through the threshold, frowning at the familiar front room, the tables and chairs covered in a healthy layer of dust,  sprouts doing their best to push up into the sunlight that streams in through the window during the day.

"[say]I uh... lived here, before. When I... when it was new.[/say]" Both arms come out to gesture around them, Pet forging a new path through the dust and turning to face the other ascended. He pulls his shoulders in and does his best to keep his eyes focused on Adam, though they waver now and again. "[say]We... we don't have to stay? If you don't like it?[say]"

RE: Night Creatures - Adam - 01-28-2022

[say]"Okay, that's definitely a plus, then."[/say] Adam nodded, beginning to feel kind of bad as he heard the hesitation (or something else?) in Pet's voice. He ran a finger over a tabletop and made a face at the grey covering of dust, but he could see that under the neglect there was something that could make a decent home here. His only concern was that it was isolated, but...he kept that to himself. They couldn't live their whole lives in fear.

To hear that Pet had lived here before drew his gaze towards his partner with a slight frown. [say]"Did you? With who? I don't remember that."[/say] But it had been so long, literally another lifetime, when they had been here.

Stepping over to Pet and taking one of his hands into his own, Adam kissed the pale, cold fingers and gave one of his customary lopsided smirks. [say]"Hey. It's...a fixer-upper, but you found us a whole house. Good job. We don't have to sleep, so...let's just start making it nicer in here. Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but we should dust and sweep."[/say] He parted from Pet to look for a broom, humming to himself as he floated up into the air as well to inspect the spiderwebs in the ceiling.

RE: Night Creatures - Peter - 02-10-2022

“[say]It was before.[/say]” A hand lifts to gesture loosely, Pet all but reeling himself closer to Adam, the drifting unintentional. “[say]With uh… with Maea. Before… y’know.[/say]” Zariah was a hard subject to think on, those memories sitting in a dark corner of his mind and shrieking when he turned towards them. Easier to avoid.

Melancholy drags at his limbs for a long moment, Pet watching Adam move without quite being able to move to join him. He blinks like he’s surprised when his hand is grabbed, like he hadn’t watched every step the other man took to get here. The press of lips soothes life back into the digits, the smile that Pet offers back small and shy.  

Tidying, despite everything, is something Peter is decently good at. “[say]I’m glad you… you like it.[/say]” His voice matches the smile, even if Pet is suddenly more animated, sneaking under Adam’s arm and past him to grab a broom and a handful of other cleaning supplies, rags and scrub brushes in a bucket. “[say]Just sweep and dust?[/say]” The broom is offered out towards the other man while Pet considers the bucket. It would be easiest to get water now, but… if he doesn’t have to, he doesn’t want to.

RE: Night Creatures - Adam - 02-12-2022

[say]"Oh. Right."[/say] He nodded, definitely feeling the awkward hush that settled over the room just like the dust. The nod kept going until it was a barely noticeable, faint movement of his head, Adam pressing his lips together as if that'd help him think of something good to say about...all of that. He did not think of anything.

Whatever, there was cleaning to do and Pet had smiled in the way he liked at the kiss. He started to sweep, but then Pet's question paused the motions of his broom. [say]"Oh, I didn't know I was talking to a cleaning expert. Go on then, what do you think we need?"[/say] Adam asked in a teasing tone, leaning on the handle of the broom and tilting towards Pet with a raised eyebrow.