Court of the Fallen
an eternity of time to waste - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: an eternity of time to waste (/showthread.php?tid=6678)

Pages: 1 2

an eternity of time to waste - Remi - 01-13-2022

Ronin must have been busy, as it felt like hours between the time Remi had gone to sleep and when the telltale thread of his husband's dreams could finally be followed. The alchemist had been wiling away the hours on the beaches of Northaven. He'd watched he and Ronin meeting for the first time and then watched them meeting as they were now, transposed back on the men they were in that other life. It had filled him with a beautiful sort of melancholy that made him feel as though he were missing things that had never happened. Regardless, it all disappeared in a flash as the blue horizon line suddenly sparkled and pulsed with a recognizable gold.

Instantly Remi was there. Free of scars and possessing all of his fingers, he reached out immediately for one of Ronin's hands to tug the Huntsman to him. [say]"I missed you today."[/say] He whispers, and around them the world shivers with mountains freckled with opalescent snows and rivers of gold in the sky. [say]"Here? Or shall we wake up?"[/say]

RE: an eternity of time to waste - Ronin - 01-13-2022

Ronin's head has not long hit the pillow, and he needs no persuasion to fall into dreamland. Exhausted both mentally and physically, he's nevertheless filled with a buoyant sort of joy as his bare feet hit the sand. His tattoos disappear and his scars rearrange themselves rather than melting away; a starburst of fire blooms against the side of his neck, and his clothes become the old leather of his Storm Guard uniform.

[say]"I missed you too,"[/say] he whispers, folding into Remi's arms and relishing the dance of gold and white along the mountains that threaten to plunge and melt at any moment into rivers. [say]"Here for a while, I think. I need to go to King's End to get Kamaria, and if we stay here I can wake up with you in the Greatwood."[/say] And it's a great excuse to drift and simply be with Remi.

RE: an eternity of time to waste - Remi - 01-13-2022

The leathers Ronin has clad himself in are both as familiar as they are new; never in life has Remi run his hands over them the way he does now, and yet there's nothing about the tactile sensation that the dreamworld offers that makes him think this isn't exactly what it would have been like. [say]"Here it is."[/say] Remi agrees, pushing his palms down the muscles of his husband's back.

[say]"At least it's cool here. Being on the water helps, but the houseboat feels a bit like an oven even without you adding to it."[/say] It wasn't a real breeze that rushed from the mountains to whisper across the Taliesins—it wouldn't cool them off where they slept—but in the here and now it was still refreshing.

[say]"So, is Cian really dead?"[/say] Pulling back slightly, his arms still around the Huntsman, Remi inclines his head just a touch. The dream would be different had Cian somehow been alive, but the alchemist would rather hear it from Ronin's lips than to decipher his husband's additions to the dream world.

Arching his back against the alchemist's touch, Remi isn't the only one taking everything in. Ronin lets his hands move decadently through his husband's curls, his thumb stroking along his cheek, and the sudden smile on his face is like a summer rain. [say]"I feel like we're younger in this dream, somehow,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"I like it. Quickly, let's run away and build a house somewhere, before gods and destiny find us."[/say]

Leaning in to leave a soft and slow kiss against Remi's lips, Ronin grumbles his reply that echoes in a roll of soft thunder over the mountains; a darkening of their dream sky that might bring a storm. [say]"He is. Wessex left his head in the middle of the Pacifist Plaza,"[/say] he says, brow furrowing as his nose brushes against the Lullaby's.

[say]"I don't know why she would be so foolish. Petty revenge, I'm guessing - it happened in the Draig."[/say] In quiet tones, he explains all that he's been told from Gideon - the Ascended, the Voice taking them over, the apparent relic in Caido's Lighthouse.

[say]' We could live at the bottom of the sea.'[/say] Remi suggests, his smile dimpling his cheeks as a small snarl of electricity shivers up his spine. [say]"Or inside of a mountain, maybe."[/say] He adds, leaning into what is probably the most detailed portion of this dream: kissing Ronin. Second only to the blue of the Huntsman's eyes, Remi was quite certain that when he finally did die and his brain lost its hold on everything he ever knew and everything he ever was, this precise feeling would still remain. [say]'I love you'[/say]

Giving little thought for the downpour Ronin's thoughts might inspire, Remi nods. [say]'I thought ascended couldn't get into Stormbreak?'[/say] Mention of the Draig has the distant mountains prowling closer, lined now with floating specs of darkness which were surely dragons. [say]"Uh huh.."[/say] Remi murmurs thoughtfully when all has been told. [say]'And...we believe Gideon's account of what happened..?'[/say] It was a genuine question. The Priest's zeal made Remi think that perhaps some things might have been exaggerated one way or another.

[say]"We could live inside a mountain under the sea,"[/say] Ronin continues, the words gently murmured against the corner of Remi's mouth, continuing along his jawline. [say]"We can watch fish fly and swim through the clouds."[/say] Beneath their feet the ground seems to warble, as if it might do just that, but the Cordillera and the darkness on the horizon keeps them rooted.

Drawing Remi closer and letting his head loll against the alchemist's shoulder, Ronin's words are spoken into the crook of the other man's neck. [say]"I love you too. And we were wrong, I suppose. About the Ascended."[/say] He sighs. [say]"Gideon had wounds on him that looked like they were from Wessex's chakram. And Finn was there. His glasses read her aura on Cian's head."[/say] Even if nothing else is true, that part must be.

[say]'What a clever man I married.'[/say] Remi praises, grinning against Ronin's lips. Trailing strong fingers upon invisible pathways up Ronin's spine, Remi's hands part so that one can continue to explore while the other plunges into his husband's hair. [say]'Oh.'[/say] He says with a sigh. [say]"What a lovely thing to be wrong about."[/say] But as Finn's name is mentioned all levity leaves the alchemist for a moment.

[say]"He was..."[/say] Pulling in a breath that's intentionally deep and long, Remi allows his teeth to clench just the once before sighing out all thoughts of the Spyglass. [say]"Are...you the new Eye?"[/say] Whether Remi's arms and fingers tighten around Ronin simply to offer the man comfort, or to hold him in position just in case the answer is yes, hardly matters. Not here in this world anyway, where their thoughts and emotions act as knives and paintbrushes.

[say]"I will have you write that down in your best handwriting,"[/say] Ronin says with a grin against the side of Remi's neck. Whilst his husband's hands go exploring, the Huntsman's stay quite securely around him, though it's uncertain whether he's playing the anchor or whether he's clinging to one. [say]"Mm. And I imagine that word will soon get out too. We'll have to be much more careful when it comes to people getting in and out of Stormbreak..."[/say]

The question, though, has him straightening up so he can gaze down into seaglass eyes, and it's as though the sky itself follows suit. Pale green washes over the brewing storm, and a warm rain begins to patter down around them. [say]"I am the Dragon of the Greatwood,"[/say] he murmurs, leaning in to seal the declaration with a kiss. Not the Eye. Not a leader, not again. (At least, not yet).

Rolling his eyes despite the fiery flare of annoyance to have his handwriting brought up, Remi grins and feigns checking his pockets with one hand before slipping it back around Ronin with a shrug. [say]"Oh, would you look at that. I don't have a pen on me."[/say] He titters.

Gaze down, huh. Made ourselves taller did we. Seaglass blends with morning blue until the clouds are awash in teal. Rain beads on Remi's eyelashes as he sighs with relief.[say]"Mateo asked about it, and—"[/say] Parting his husband's lips with his tongue and grabbing at the scruff of Ronin's leather jacket, the alchemist draws his husband close and hard. [say]"—we'll make it work if they need you."[/say] The rivers of gold overhead ripple with the remainder of what Remi doesn't say—but gods I don't want you to go—even if the alchemist is unwilling to voice them. [say]"So Cian is dead, the Order has no Eye and the ascended can...basically go where they please. Is that about it?"[/say]

It's a dream, he can be as tall as he likes OK. [say]"It's okay, I do."[/say] Smiling against Remi's lips, Ronin is suddenly holding a peacock feather quill, because why the fuck not. But it slips from his fingertips, forgotten, as he's dragged tightly against the Lullaby, and whatever he's about to say next melts away into a quiet moan. [say]"They can need me all they like,"[/say] he mutters as he sips in a breath, [say]"and I don't want to make it work. I'm yours, before I'm anyone else's."[/say]

Stepping back, there's suddenly a hammock stretching beneath to catch them, and Ronin relishes the cool patter of rain against their skin. [say]"Mm, about right yeah,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"Cian's Knowt book is missing - it's an item that made him the Eye, pretty much. So there's a fuss about finding that. I think we're going to have to arrange a meeting with the demigods, too. This is... the Voice being able to take over Ascended. It's worrying."[/say]

Aww, no ink Remi would have countered, and had the Huntsman produced that as well, Remi would have dropped it such that it would sprout a black sea. [say]'You make it so easy for me to seem like a thoughtful and compromising husband when I never have to follow through on anything."[/say] He whispers against Ronin's lips, which was of course his way of both being a shit, but subtly emphasizing that he would follow through, if asked.

Had there been a fiery volcano behind them, Remi would still have willingly let his knees buckle, much less a hammock. Rolling onto his back and stretching a leg over Ronin, the Lullaby looks up into the sky. Covered in rain yet somehow not rained on, Remi reaches for one of his husband's hands and quietly considers. [say]"Well, we always knew she could do that."[/say] He mumbles, having never considered Safrin's threats to be particularly idle. His mind should have jumped to Isla and the implications of how this all meant his death was suddenly much more of a possibility, but instead he just heaves a sigh at the prospect of a meeting.

[say]'At this point, it feels like it's just you, Noah, and I. Delphia is hard to find at the best of times, Phoebe is..'[/say] Remi shrugs, and somewhere in the distance part of a mountain turns into a glacier and falls into the ocean. [say]'Mildew seems content in her swamp, and gods know where Amalia is.'[/say] Pausing, something suddenly occurs to him, and it's with horror and amusement both that he turns to look at Ronin. [say]"And then there's Sunjata."[/say]

[say]"You are the most thoughtful,"[/say] Ronin objects, [say]"and the most compromising, and I'll give anyone who says otherwise an earful."[/say] Each statement is punctuated with a kiss, the Huntsman shifting as well that he might work an arm around Remi as they lay in their hammock, which sets to gently rocking despite their being no breeze to go with their sudden teal downpour.

Humming out a sigh and idly watching the rain gather upon Remi's eyelashes, Ronin surrenders his hand willingly, running his thumb across the inside of the Lullaby's wrist. [say]"We did, yes. This is just the first time we're hearing about it happen in earnest,"[/say] he agrees. Wrinkling his nose at the reminder of the piss poor state of their demigods, another glacier joins Remi's.

And at the mention of Sunjata, the rain stops in the air completely for a second or two, as if frozen in time, before it continues once more like their dream has merely had a hiccup. [say]"I suppose there is, yes,"[/say] he agrees softly. [say]"What a fucking mess, Remi. Shall we just stay here and tell everyone we're taking a vacation until the war is over?"[/say]

Grinning as the raindrops pause in the air, wavering with Ronin's realization, Remi can only laugh quietly into his husband's shoulder as they fall once more. [say]"How about we put everyone on timeout."[/say] Holding up his free hand and giving his fingers a suggestive wiggle, Remi glances at Ronin out of the corner of his eye. [say]"I had mentioned it to Juniper too, when she asked what we would do with any ascended who were caught by the Greatwood's trees. I said I could just...put them under for a time."[/say]

Pushing his tongue thoughtfully over his mouth for a moment, Remi pulls in a breath as a few errant drops of rain grow wings and flit out to sea. [say]"Enough of them know that I can do it. Isla, Nate...it isn't a secret but...I am not sure it is something that they have really considered. Just a few well-placed touches, and..."[/say] Remi's hand of course sinks to Ronin's thigh and gives it a squeeze. [say]"..we could make it so that there isn't anyone capable of fighting."[/say]

[say]"Gods, if only we could,"[/say] Ronin murmurs, smiling at Remi's flying raindrops while a few of his own drop in reverse, sailing up and up and up until they sparkle in the sky as stars. His brow furrows as he properly considers his husband's suggestion, and it's with a grumble of almost dismay that he turns to nuzzle against the other man, breathing in the scent of bergamot and bitter almonds that lays upon the rain all over a sudden. Ronin is sure Remi once made a wine or a gin or a liqueur or something with those botanical sort of flavours, and it forever takes him back to simpler times.

[say]"I don't know if even your ability would stop the Voice from waking them all up again, if she's able to commandeer them,"[/say] he says, hating the gap in knowledge that leaves this all unknown. [say]"What do you think would happen if they were all asleep, though? Would we just have to leave them like that, forever? Would war happen if they ever woke up?"[/say]