Court of the Fallen
Comparing Notes - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Comparing Notes (/showthread.php?tid=6915)

Pages: 1 2

Comparing Notes - Sah - 03-25-2022

Sah had woke up biting his own tongue to stop a scream from waking his pups. Damn Ludo. The Outlander had expected that losing the Herald's little game would have consequences, but he hadn't expected night terrors. The entity was more sadistic than he'd expected. Flashes of the last moments of his world echoed in his mind.

After making sure the pups were taken care of and supervised, Sah had made his way out into the Wilds. Being out in nature and away from civilization always helped the former canine. He found himself wandering until he heard the gentle sound of water. Following it he came to a familiar sight.  Perfect.

The Mistbanks were exactly the kind of place to be to try and settle his nerves. Finding a rock in the sun on the edge of the water, Sah sat down cross-legged and closed his eyes. Evening out his breathing he tried to meditate and calm his still racing mind.

It was more difficult than normal, and his brow furrowed. Every time he closed his eyes it was just fire and chaos. The Outlander smirked cynically to himself. Damn Ludo.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 03-26-2022

Darkeye wondered where he was since Ludo just dropped in somewhere else. First, there was darkness and suddenly he was standing in the wilderness. He did not know where to go and had no place to orient himself. So he just went where the nose carried him. He was still very much in thought and wondered why he had won. It made no sense to him because he knew his opponent's story better than his. Ludo was still strange to him. A god who was still difficult for him to judge.

So Darkeye went on through the fog it was difficult to get his bearings so he went on until his feet no longer wanted to carry him. So he sat down and began to meditate. Even after the breeze, he didn't notice that he was sitting not five meters from Sah. He puffed loudly, [say]"Why didn't Ludo send me back home, but here? where the heck am I?[/say]

RE: Comparing Notes - Sah - 04-08-2022

Sah's eyes opened, as he glanced up at the sound of footsteps. Darkeye came into view, and he watched with some amusement as the man sat down, seemingly oblivious of the Abandoned's presence. He recognized the man as the one who won Ludo's game, recalling that he too was an Outlander.

[say]"Came here to meditate too?"[/say] Sah called out, remaining seated on his rock. There really wasn't any other way of getting the man's attention than just speaking. If he'd approached, who knows how the stranger would have reacted.

[say]"By the way, what did Ludo say or do after choosing you?"[/say] Sah couldn't deny his curiosity. And maybe reminding him of their prior encounter would set Darkeye at ease.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 04-10-2022

Darkeye wondered where the voice had come from after all and drew his spear ready to attack. When he saw that it was Sah, he sang his spear again. [say]"To be honest, I don't know. I must have gotten lost. Ludo sent me here after the game ended,"[/say] he said apologetically. [say]"I didn't want to disturb you in your meditation."[/say] He said

[say]"You are? Ludo never said your name. He just said that It's me, not anymore. It was very disturbing, to be honest. I find your story very interesting and would be happy to hear more from you. You can do this impressively well."[/say] Darkeye smiled, even if it was difficult to see through the fog.

RE: Comparing Notes - Sah - 04-19-2022

Sah's lips twitched, relaxing when Darkeye put away his weapon. [say]"Sounds like Ludo. And you didn't, so don't worry."[/say] He had been struggling enough with his focus today that the Abandoned wasn't even sure if that had counted as meditation. Sah's mind had just refused to calm to an acceptable level for him to do so.

The Abandoned patted the rock next to him, [say]"I'm Sah. What was your name again? You're welcome to join me. I'm curious about your world too, since it sounds similar to mine in some ways. We had elves as well."[/say] It made him wonder what other similarities their worlds had. Maybe he cleric's world had a variation of his own original species? That'd be something.  

As for meditating, Sah shrugged. [say]"It's taken years of practice. I picked it up when I was trying to first master my magic, back in my world."[/say] The Abandoned sighed, brow furrowed in thought. [say]"Lightning can be... volatile. Being able to center yourself is crucial."[/say] Otherwise the element's potential for destruction could prove lethal.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 04-19-2022

Darkeye bowed to Sah. [say]"I am Darkeye it is a pleasure to meet you."[/say] He then sat down next to Sah's stone. [say]"Then I'll leave the first question about my world to you if that's all right with you."[/say] He sat down cross-legged and took a sip of water.

Mages were hated by all the gods. Kor is also not fond of them just like Darkeye. Still, he has been friendly so far. Darkeye wanted to face him openly. He would listen to Sah first and then decide whether he would try to build a friendship or not. [say]"You are a mage who controls lightning like ... I don't know if it's an insult. If it is, I apologize. I am not a stranger to meditation, I am a cleric, I used to try to communicate with my god that way."[/say]

RE: Comparing Notes - Sah - 04-29-2022

The bow was a surprise but Sah made no comment on it. Once Darkeye made himself comfortable, Sah tilted his head, [say]"I suppose I am a mage now."[/say] His lips twitched with amusement at the thought. [say]"But I have always been magic."[/say] In his world, he'd been a magical beast after all. Magic was in his blood, his soul. It was no surprise that he was an Abandoned.

The mention of serving a deity caught Sah's attention. [say]"You served a God in your world? What were they like?"[/say] The Abandoned couldn't help the twinge of grief on his face as he added, [say]"I served one as well, the Goddess of my kind. I served her for my entire life before Caido."[/say]

And Sah would have continued to do so if his world hadn't fallen apart, if he hadn't died. Maybe if he hadn't portaled into Caido, he'd be serving her in the afterlife. Regardless, the Outlander missed his Goddess Mune terribly.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 05-01-2022

Darkeye and magic had never really gotten along well. His god didn't like healing magic wounds. It was a sign of weakness because every scar was like the memory of a good fight. He had to learn to make good healing ointments at an early age, but the plants were not available here. [say]"Did you work with lightning back then?"[/say] He asked politely.

Darkeye smiled, already knowing that the words that came now would sound naive. [say]"I still serve Kor, a god of war. A god that stands for peace as well as bloodshed. Even though I am the only believer here who worships him, he exists for me. I have served him for over a hundred years, and you don't just discard that because you're in another world. This is not the first time I have been in another reality."[/say] He said with perfect conviction in his voice, there was no room for doubt in his voice. [say]"What deity was it that you served?"[/say]The curiosity was there again. As soon as it comes to other gods or anything else, his curiosity has always been a problem.

RE: Comparing Notes - Sah - 05-03-2022

Sah chuckled lightly, [say]"I did, but it was more than that."[/say] The Abandoned glanced up in thought, [say]"I wasn't human in my world. I was a magical beast. I didn't so much work with lighting, as lightning was simply a part of what I was. Each of my kind were connected to an element of some kind. Our Goddess made us that way."[/say]  

The Abandoned nodded at Darkeye's words, brow furrowing at the unintentional jab that he had discarded his goddess. He knew that the cleric hadn't meant it as such, but the implication was there in the wording. [say]"A god of both war and peace? They sound wise."[/say] Understanding the balance of the two was something many spent lifetimes trying to comprehend. Sah could only imagine what that implied for the God of it.

The mention of his goddess at Sah letting out a shaky breath, grief bubbling to the surface. [say]"Mune. My world's goddess of the moon and the creator of my species."[/say] He swallowed before continuing, [say]"I knew her my entire life. She was there for my birth, the first being to hold me even before my own mother. And after my mother died in war, Mune stepped in. I loved her dearly. Still do."[/say]

Sah tensed, [say]"I felt her die alongside the rest of my world. It was..."[/say] He shook his head, unable to finish the sentence. Feeling the piece of her magic in his soul shatter had been just as painful as experiencing his own death.

It may be a bit odd to share so much with a stranger. But Darkeye was in the same boat as him, as such Sah had a feeling that if anyone was to understand that grief, it'd be his fellow Outlander. Especially since Darkeye seemed to be just as devoted to his god as Sah had been to Mune.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 05-03-2022

Darkeye slid back and forth uneasily on one breath. [say]"What kind were you? A spirit a djin? Or a powerful elemental? I'd like to know, I'm generally interested in all beings."[/say] He said with childlike curiosity.

He looked at Sah for a time. [say]"Kor first tries to be very reasonable and peace were. But if it comes to war, he is the one who walks laughing over the battlefield and knows no mercy against his enemies. He is like us. He fights with his urges and emotions and tries to keep them in check,"[/say] he said with a slight grin. [say]"You are chosen to serve him, he chooses you personally. You can walk his path but whether he speaks to you is his decision."[/say]

Darkeye looked at Sah for a while. [say]"In my world, there was also a moon goddess named Mada. She also created beings, but she was especially known for bringing magic to the world. For this she was banished by the gods. She is now the moon in my world. She had white hair and blistered skin and eyes that would boggle the mind. I think Mune was similar. I'm sorry for your loss."[/say] Darkeye still hears the cries of his family and he will never forget them.

He just nodded it seemed to be very painful and it seemed like it had been with him for a long time. [say]"You don't forget something like that, that pain goes with you. You don't forget it. I don't know what it's like when your god dies, but I'm the last of my family..."[/say]An erection that has tormented him for so long but that he refuses to forget.

RE: Comparing Notes - Sah - 05-15-2022

Darkeye's genuine curiosity pulled a small smile from Sah. [say]"My species was similar to wolves. Just larger, with wings, and with elemental affinities. Some of the more common ones were fire, water, earth, and air."[/say] His own lightning wasn't as common, but it wasn't particularly rare either. [say]"In terms of what class of beast? I guess we'd be classified alongside dragons and other magical beasts like that." [/say]

Sah listened curiously as Darkeye described Kor. [say]"Chosen, huh? I always preferred Gods that connected with their followers like that."[/say] He scowled slightly, [say]"The ones that simply sit back and demand worship always grated on my nerves."[/say] Loyalty was a gift. One that went both ways. Some Gods he'd met in the past seemed to have forgotten that.

Mada certainly did have some similarities to Mune. [say]"Created beings and magic? That does sound familiar."[/say] The banishment part was something completely foreign. Sah would have torn any Gods apart who dared to banish his Goddess.

Darkeye's sympathies came across as genuine and not simply words. As such, Sah simply nodded in agreement. [say]"You don't."[/say] As Darkeye shared his own grief, the Abandoned softened. [say]"I'm sorry. I know the feeling. I went two years thinking I'd lost everyone."[/say] Then his pups had portaled in much to his shock. But grief isn't something that can simply turned off. And he still grieved all of his other loved ones.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 05-15-2022

He smiled as Sah said this and shook his head. [say]"A unicorn is also a magical creature but I still classify them under horses and don't equate them with dragons. You said something about wolves, can you tell me more about them?"[/say] Sah had no way of knowing that Darkeye was fond of dragons, so it was a bad comparison.

Darkeye nodded proudly, understanding what Sah was getting at. [say]"The gods here demand a lot from their believers, and it often reminds me of slavery or servitude at times. It is difficult to imagine. But I try to find a healthy middle ground when it comes to the gods of Caido. But I try to understand the whole thing. But they are inevitable when it comes to what is to come."[/say] He tried to say it very calmly, but you could hear the worry in his voice.

Phex saved her when he sent her to the sky so that the other gods would not reach her and save her from worse. [say]"It was forbidden by the gods and she acted against the will. Whether it was better for the world. I can't judge this neutrally, to be honest. I am not particularly fond of magic. Magic sometimes turns people into tyrants and greedy. It gives people abilities and the desire for power. The problem with power is that you can't have enough of it and it can become a dark spiral. It happened many times in my world and led to many wars and led to the extinction of some magical beings and blood."[/say] He told openly and honestly.

Darkeye smiled in relief he thought he had gotten too far ahead of himself. [say]"We learn from such things and they accompany us and drive us to not let it happen again. That's how I see it at least."[/say] His smile widened.

RE: Comparing Notes - Sah - 05-15-2022

Sah raised a brow at Darkeye's quick rebuttal. It wasn't a bad comparison in his opinion. Both his kind and dragons were winged beings with powerful magic and strong ties with gods. Perhaps it was simply different in the other Outlander's world. As such he pushed down the offense he felt.

[say]"We were Mune's creation as I said. We fought beside her in wars and interacted with her regularly. She saved my life and I.."[/say] Sah bit his lip in thought, [say]"She used her own blood to do so. I was the closest thing she had to a Demi-god because of it."[/say] Having the blood of a god transfused into him had had obvious side-effects.

[say]"But my kind overall were as intelligent as humans and other humanoids. We had our own culture and customs though we had no need for writing given the whole having paws thing."[/say] Sah chuckled, [say]"We did occasionally interact with humanoids in a diplomatic sense. They knew better then to encroach on our territory without permission."[/say] They had been wolf-like, but they were not feral animals.  

Sah shared Darkeye's concerns about the coming war. [say]"I know."[/say] He sighed, shaking his head. [say]"I've chosen to side with those in Caido who I love, though I haven't sworn myself to their Gods."[/say] Hell, he'd barely met any of them. Something he'd been considering changing.

The comment about magic's corrupting potential made Sah let out a snort of laughter despite himself. [say]"You're absolutely right. Magic is a form of power that many seek. One that can cause serious harm in the wrong hands. But it's the same for any weapon. It can be used for good, or to harm."[/say] His lips twitched into a grin, [say]"And you can't exactly condone an entire species or people simply for having magic in their blood. They can't control what they're born with."[/say] In his opinion, it was the height of arrogance to condone someone for a factor they couldn't control. But he was bias of course.

Darkeye's comment received a sharp nod of agreement and an answering grin, [say]"We do."[/say] It was a painful fact, but a fact, nonetheless.

RE: Comparing Notes - Darkeye - 05-16-2022

Darkeye looked at him for a long time and was a little envious, but this was not Kor's way. But this special connection was something special. [say]"I congratulate you for this connection. That is impressive when it went so far with you. I have the trust of my God and I think that is enough for me. I am very happy for you. Has it changed you?"[/say] He asked with curiosity. Again, he didn't know if he was going too far or if it was different to take it as a chosen being.

He grinned broadly and nodded curtly, imagining wolves with wings holding a diplomatic conversation. The joke about the paws was not bad either and Darkeye laughed out loud. [say]"I suppose you also had a functioning culture as well as a hierarchy. How that may have been."[/say] he asked more into the mist than Sah. It was not that he wanted to be rude, but he tried to imagine it in his mind.

[say]"The gods of Caido will very soon put on the favor of the new inhabitants I believe. When the Demi-Gods fight each other there won't be much left and their gaze will fall on those who haven't chosen a side yet I think. The war will be ugly and shake the country to its core."[/say] He said, hoping to hear a no from the fog of Sah or from his own thoughts.

Darkeye nodded curtly but his inner self would not accept it. [say]"In my world, there were no small problems with Mages and I had to fight as well as kill many. Many wars were fought because of them and they made themselves look like victims. They said they didn't know they were capable of such things and should be pardoned. When the people who had lost their dear families because of them tried to enchant them and make them all kill each other. I had to kill many mages that day. Yes, it is a weapon that must be learned to use, but it requires much more practice than a spear or a bow. I don't kill mages I am careful and show proper respect for magic."[/say] He said with exaggeration.