Court of the Fallen
[SE] and it goes like this - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SE] and it goes like this (/showthread.php?tid=7143)

Pages: 1 2 3

[SE] and it goes like this - Ronin - 05-07-2022

[say]"Be careful,"[/say] Ronin is calling out to Mateo as he heads off to peruse the market stalls. They'd loaded their son with candies and hot cocoa and had persuaded him that he was not too cool to ride on the carousel, and as family days out went, this was definitely shaping up to be a success. But when it came to a luxere sleigh ride, the boy had wrinkled his nose at the inevitable canoodling that would follow, and that was that.

[say]"More fun for us,"[/say] the Huntsman almost purrs to Remi, sweeping in suddenly for a warm and delighted kiss, his arms slipping around the other man to hold him close against his chest. [say]"Remember last year, when I was the luxere and you were in the sled?"[/say] He chuckles. [say]"I've got to admit, I'm looking forward to being the passenger this time, especially given the company."[/say]

RE: [SE] and it goes like this - Remi - 05-09-2022

Unable to do much more than grin before Ronin's lips are upon his, Remi sighs against his husband, finding himself relaxing muscles he hadn't even realized he'd been holding tension in. [say]"I do remember."[/say] The alchemist mumbles, much more interested in the lingering warmth from Ronin's lips than drudging up past memories, however sweet they were. The here and now was always better. [say]'Oh? Bold of you to assume I am going to be good company.'[/say] Remi says wickedly, before nodding in the direction of a rather annoyed-looking attuned to indicate that the pair would like to take a sleigh ride.

After reassuring the attuned that yes, he and Ronin were perfectly capable of piloting a sleigh on their own and that no, they absolutely wouldn't like someone to come along and drive them, they were led towards a sleigh equipped with blankets and cocoa, led by an incredibly fat and disinterested luxere. [say]"I can already tell this is going to go swimmingly."[/say]

RE: [SE] and it goes like this - Ronin - 05-09-2022

[say]"I am quite a bold individual, you might have noticed."[/say] Ronin grins to his husband, stealing another kiss before they're on their way. He tries to sweeten the deal for the Attuned by reminding him that this would count as a break to enjoy the festivities, and there's likely some mulled wine with his name on it, but whether it works or not is immaterial. Before them is their mighty steed, and Ronin is smiling from ear to ear despite himself.

[say]"I am not sure this one would want to swim,"[/say] he admits of their luxere, giving it an affectionate pat on the neck and clicking his tongue a couple of times. Were it not for the risk of locking antlers, he might have even partially shifted; alas, he drops back and climbs up into the sleigh, turning to offer Remi a hand up as well. [say]"Blankets and cocoa, too? We might end up taking a nap."[/say]

Remi shrugs, far too caught up in the way the season and the merriment around them seemed to have made Ronin's eyes all the more blue in comparison to argue about whether or not their luxere was partial to swimming.

Reaching up for Ronin's hand, the alchemist makes a show of overdoing it such that he found himself nearly in his husband's lap. [say]"I forgot how strong you were."[/say] He chuckles sounding almost flirtatious as he takes a seat next to the Huntsman. [say]"Oh gods, a nap is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping you would say."[/say] Remi replies mischeviously as he reaches for the reins and hands them to his husband. The very last thing either of them needed was for Remi to have to monitor the movements of a prey animal that was already bound and helpless.

[say]"You did? I clearly haven't been doing my part around the houseboat. I'll make sure I haul all the firewood inside when we get back,"[/say] Ronin says with a rosy cheeked smile, settling beside Remi and happily accepting the reins. Given that the prey animal in him is in the driver's seat this season as well, this definitely makes sense, and he urges their luxere into a gentle walk with barely a flick of the reins.

Holding them in one hand, the other sneaks beneath the blankets to rest on Remi's knee, Ronin leaning in to scatter an obnoxious number of kisses over the Lullaby's temple and cheek. [say]"The snow suits you,"[/say] he says softly. [say]"Are you sure you don't want to have our second wedding during Deepfrost? I could arrange a sleigh ride to the Crimson Cataract."[/say]

[say]'Shirtless?'[/say] Remi suggests hopefully, unwilling and unable to hide the gleam of boyish mischief and want in his gaze. Adjusting their blanket if only so that the alchemist could remove all space between them, he drapes one arm behind Ronin's shoulders as the other tucks itself beneath the blanket to find Ronin's. [say]"Someone will see."[/say] The alchemist playfully admonishes, and though normally Remi couldn't care less if anyone watched the two men and their antics, just now he was feeling particularly possessive of this small bout of alone time.

[say]"You think so?"[/say] He wonders skeptically while the fingers of his good hand began to draw patterns that Ronin likely wouldn't be able to feel through the thick material of his jacket. [say]"You are only suggesting that so that we will both be forced to wear jackets."[/say] Remi complains lovingly. [say]"No doubt yours will have a ridiculous amount of buckles and clasps and gods know what else."[/say]

[say]"Shirtless. Just for you,"[/say] Ronin purrs, pressing one last smooch against a dimple before drawing back enough to concentrate at least marginally on the sleigh ride. (It really doesn't matter, the luxere knows the route and it will plod its way around automatically unless told otherwise). [say]"Let them watch. They'll only be jealous,"[/say] he says, nestling closer to rest his head against Remi's shoulder.

[say]"I absolutely think so. Not as much as the warm weather, granted. You look your best all windswept under the sun on a beach. Like the day I first met you,"[/say] Ronin murmurs with a wistful sort of sigh. When he chips in about the dress code for their nuptials, though, its with a smile in his voice.

[say]"I was actually thinking that perhaps we could just do it nude. It's near a Frey shrine, after all."[/say]

[say]'Or want to join in.'[/say] The alchemist replies with a bit of a sigh. Remi has no shift in particular that he can blame for his possessiveness over his husband, but really, one only needs to cast a cursory glance at Ronin to understand why Remi might think that everyone wanted the Huntsman.

Blushing such that the hollows of his dimples looked nearly crimson, Remi gives his head a modest shake. [say]"Well, it was nothing compared to how you looked of course."[/say] The memory of that day never fails to send a dizzying pulse of lust through the alchemist that leaves his cheeks feeling even hotter. Quickly though, where Remi should have made some quip about the ramifications of nudity during Deepfrost, instead his smile dies away and he frowns down at where their hands are hidden beneath the blanket.

Now as Remi swallows and turns to look at Ronin, his cheeks are stained with guilt instead of boyish unease. [say]"I know that this is perhaps not the best moment for it...but...there is something I need to tell you. Or say, rather."[/say] The edges of Remi's cheeks flinch upwards in a hesitant smile before falling away. [say]"An apology."[/say]

[say]"I don't consent for any joining in,"[/say] Ronin says airily, as if it's as simple as that. And when it comes to two demigods and the amount of strength they wield between them, it really is simple. And as the alchemist tries to turn the compliment back on him, Ronin can only tut and nuzzle annoyingly against the other man's jawline. [say]"I wasn't saying it to be fawned over in return. Just let me love you,"[/say] he complains warmly.

That, of course, is a little difficult when Remi draws away to look at him, Ronin sitting up a bit to raise his eyebrows in confusion. [say]"An apology for what?"[/say] he asks softly, and although he loves his husband implicitly and then some, their apologies have ranged from the innocuous to the life changing, and so he's understandably a little wary of what might be on its way. [say]"I already forgive you, you know that?"[/say] That much is true at least - the past has proven as much.

[say]'Or what?'[/say] Remi wants to know before taking this nice moment that they're having and ruining it. As Ronin explains that whatever it is, he's already forgiven, the alchemist looks almost wounded as he shakes his head slightly. [say]"That is precisely the thing."[/say] He begins, though without any preamble as to what this is about Ronin won't be able to understand why Remi looks suddenly so guilt stricken.

[say]"In the letter I wrote to myself...about Isla.."[/say] There is no warmth in the Lullaby's voice despite apparently having refreshed his own memory. [say]"I..."[/say] Pausing to clear his throat, a downcast snarl appears on Remi's lips. [say]"I slept with her..so many times."[/say] He manages finally, the ridge of his nose and forehead now covered in disappointed wrinkles. [say]"I..wanted her. Even when I should not have."[/say] Remi continues, wandering aimlessly down this conversational can of worms he'd opened. Eventually, after staring in shock down at the blanket proved unhelpful, the alchemist raises his stare to his husband. [say]"I..I cannot believe the things I did. That I could ever want anyone else other than you. I know what I told myself, but...Ronin I am yours. You are the only one I want, and..."[/say] Giving Ronin's hand a squeeze beneath the blanket, Remi tries again to swallow away the tightness in his throat.

[say]"..I hate that I did that. Even if we had said it was okay."[/say]

Still puzzled, Ronin's brows draw together in a frown and he absently gives the reins a gentle tug so that the luxere slows its steps. He has a feeling he might not want to be focused on two things at once when Remi starts speaking. And so as they draw to a halt in the deep snow, the music and joviality of the festival some distance behind them, the Huntsman hears his husband out, though Remi is right - that is precisely the thing.

Given that only one of them has any lived experience of the Isla of it all, Ronin saves his breath with it's okays and you don't need to apologises. The Lullaby who would have listened to those has no memory of it any longer, and so instead he drops the reins to shift in their seat swinging his leg across Remi's waist to settle himself quite comfortably in the alchemist's lap.

[say]"You are mine,"[/say] he agrees, cupping his cheeks and drawing him up and into a kiss. [say]"And you will make it up to me by marrying me this season. And by taking me on a date. I expect to be properly wooed, Remi Taliesin. No expenses spared, do you hear?"[/say] Kissing him again, Ronin breaks the lighthearted facade to slip his arms around his husband's shoulders.

[say]"I love you,"[/say] he whispers against his lips. [say]"And I love hearing you say that you're all mine."[/say]

Surprised to find Ronin drawing closer—for all of their ups and downs, with what Remi knew now, this at least felt fairly monumental—the alchemist tentatively shifts the arm which had been around Ronin's back to instead hover uncertainly nearly his shoulder. Only when the Huntsman draws nearer still do Remi's fingers find purchase in Ronin's dark hair, remaining there even after their kiss is broken.

Only you, Remi nearly says, but gods, hadn't he said that before? Hadn't he promised precisely that, only to have had someone else? So instead of those words which now felt like they needed to be earned, he whispers: [say]"I do not deserve you...and I will spend every day from now on making sure you know just how much I love you."[/say] Pressing his tongue between Ronin's lips to carve out a space for words he has no intention of ending their kiss early to say, Remi releases the fingers curled around Ronin's to instead slide his palm up the Huntsman's leg to his waist, drawing him ever closer. [say]I will never lose sight of you again.[/say]

[say]"Yes, you do,"[/say] Ronin whispers, as if the question of deserving his love is something that was never in doubt. [say]"Neither of us is an angel, and neither of us is perfect. As long as you come back to me, there's nothing we can't work out together. Nothing."[/say] It feels like they are beyond majestic declarations of love these days, of to the moon and back and so much it hurts.

More and more, Ronin finds his feelings for the Lullaby are so large that they stall like a hiccup in the back of his throat, so intangible that trying to put them into words is useless. But in the little things, the boring things - the press of lips and the warmth of fingers in his hair; waking up in cool twilight and seeking out heat and affection; dinner plans and mundane chores - in those things, Ronin is beginning to find a ridiculous sort of magic.

[say]You couldn't. I shine too bright,[/say] he teases softly, and indeed, his dazzle is already broadcasting them to whoever might be wandering around King's End tonight. [say]I'm glad you finally read the letters, but I'm sorry that they caused you pain.[/say]

RE: [SE] and it goes like this - Remi - 05-11-2022

It's true that seemingly nothing could loom so large as to ever keep the two apart, and what should have made Remi's shoulders sag with relief instead has his lips tightening. I know, the lines around his eyes seem to say; and what's more is that I know there are yet more things for us to overcome. That they could and would overcome anything and everything implied that there were still anything's and everything's in their future.

More stubborn than his counterpart, Remi certainly will try to find the words to describe the complexity of his feelings for the Huntsman. There was a lyricism he was striving for, an artistic rendering his heart felt obligated to make and yet with his ruined fingers and quick temper Remi no longer felt like he was the sort of man capable of creating the sort of beauty that Ronin deserved.

And so he kissed him instead.

Pressing his tongue in generous arcs against his husband's, Remi only lazily acknowledged the building heat in his belly. [say]If anything I should be glad for what happened. I do not want those feelings for anyone but you.[/say] Trailing his fingers against the scruff of Ronin's jawline and up to where his dark hair took over, Remi sips in a breath of crisp air sweetened with the aroma of cocoa and starlight while keeping his lips still against Ronin's. [say]And now I don't.[/say]