Court of the Fallen
cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: cut our teeth and make our bones right here (/showthread.php?tid=7764)

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 07-27-2023

[say]"Yeah, it...it should."[/say] The wendigo agrees, finding himself suddenly exhausted for the sudden burst of adrenaline that now felt like it was draining out through the balls of his feet. [say]"Just another exciting thing for Isla to discover, I suppose."[/say]

Groaning, if only because the way Ronin's chuckle had his body jostling also made the wendigo's body move, Remi wearily shakes his head. [say]"This bed is a no-laughing zone for now."[/say] He mumbles with a sigh, having to bite at the inside of his cheek to keep himself from immediately breaking his own rule.

[say]"Oh you do? I wonder how you manage, since I only taught you how to boil water a few days ago."[/say] The wendigo snarks, and though he doesn't currently possess any rapid healing, he seemed to be finding his way out of the fog his near-death experience had caused.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 07-27-2023

[say]"The fun never stops down here with you, I swear,"[/say] Ronin says a touch dryly, and if Isla can hear it (and she can) maybe she'll realise, suddenly, that people outside the medical wing are noticing how much Remi goes through on a daily basis. [say]"And a no-laughing zone, you say?"[/say] Ronin predictably starts to laugh at that, trying and failing to stop himself and shifting to carefully get up so he doesn't accidentally hurt Remi further.

[say]"There, now I know you're fine,"[/say] he adds - meaning the snark, of course. [say]"Since you're feeling better, now I can make jokes about teaching you how to swallow again, or the fact that you almost died from choking on balls."[/say] And how's that for your no-laughing zone, Remi?

[say]"Well if you ever want to be tapped in, just say the word. I'm sure Grimm can fix you up an adjoining room."[/say] The wendigo sasses. [say]"Maybe I can even turn you into something like me, and we can take this show on the road."[/say] He adds, trying to affect a tone just as dry as Ronin's but finding it difficult with how much he was still fighting to catch his breath.

[say]"Fucker."[/say]  Remi says as Ronin rises, glaring playfully in his friend's wake. It doesn't occur to him now, but later Remi will wonder what Isla made of all of this easy banter between the two, and, given that unlike his last session with Isla, Remi wasn't collared this time around, what she made of the pair sitting shoulder to shoulder.

Giving Ronin the Michael Scott tell me more look, Remi smirks and leans forward slightly. [say]"And I suppose you are an expert when it comes to swallowing and not choking on balls?"[/say] The wendigo wonders innocently, despite the utterly shit-eating grin on his lips.

[say]"Wow, I have never received a more tempting offer,"[/say] Ronin says, utterly deadpan. And considering that Remi is privy to his fae situation, he likely knows exactly what kind of an offer Ronin would find tempting. And this ain't it. [say]"Taking this show on the road might be fun, though."[/say] He wonders if he could be arrested just for that suggestion. Would the medical wing suspect him of trying to steal Project Wendigo? (They ought to, really).

Not privy to the sorts of conversations that go on between Isla and Remi unless the wendigo explicitly decides to tell him, Ronin is much more concerned with the gargling balls aspect of their chat, and, in a response that Remi will no doubt start to expect, he runs with it. [say]"If I was, would that make you an eager student?"[/say] he asks, matching him grin for grin.

Waggling his eyebrows and not needing to mention Morgan or Ronin's sex-goddess for just how juvenile and bright his expression was, Remi couldn't help but snicker proudly before snapping his teeth together (but finding the sound wholly unsatisfying). [say]"We could have a theme song and a secret handshake."[/say] He suggests.

[say]"Well, only if I knew you were an actual expert in the field."[/say] The wendigo says with a tilt of his head that suggested that though he was tempted, there were still hoops through which the hunter would have to jump. [say]"You have a tendency to make quite a few bold claims that so far I have not seen any evidence to back up, so.."[/say] Remi shrugs. [say]"The ball..s are in your court."[/say]

[say]"What, like some kind of kids' cartoon?"[/say] Ronin chuckles. [say]"Every episode a different battle to fight. Oh, maybe if we do a super secret handshake, we can transform into even more special versions of ourselves. You know, through the power of friendship and all."[/say] Alright, maybe now it's a little bit tempting. But not Morgan and sex-goddess tempting.

Later when he's back up in his apartment, Ronin will look back at this interaction and wonder what, exactly, they were doing. For now it just feels like an absurd game of gay chicken, but it just so happens that both of them are rather adept at what is, in actuality, some obvious flirting. [say]"If only,"[/say] he agrees. [say]"Well, here's another bold claim for you - if I was going to prove anything like that to you, we'd need longer than this fifteen minutes."[/say] Though it's more like five minutes now, if he's honest.

[say]"Yeah exactly like. Wait, what were you thinking?"[/say] Mention of transforming has the wendigo rolling his eyes, and had Ronin not moved off of the bed he'd have nudged him in the soldier for his stupidity. [say]"Obviously. The special versions of ourselves are being wendigo."[/say] Wendigo? Wendigos? Wendigoons? Whatever. [say]"And who knows, maybe that is the sort of thing that is a loophole."[/say] He adds casually, with a shrug, though the glance he gives Ronin communicates far more.

Listen, it can't be obvious if no one actually realizes what's happening (save for Isla). [say]'Oh I see."[/say] Remi hums, feigning thoughtfulness. [say]"So what you are saying, and correct me if I'm wrong here, is that the reason you can't actually prove any of this has nothing at all to do with your alleged skills, and everything to do with a failure on Isla's part?"[/say] He scoffs.

[say]"All I can say is that last time I went from 0 to 100 in about 10 seconds, but this time in here with you, not only am I still at 0, but I nearly died, so."[/say]

As he's already been (mentally) considering, images of Sailor Moon spring to mind behind Ronin's eyes, but rather than saying as much he merely offers a toothy smile to the wendigo and shrugs. [say]"Mm, maybe it is,"[/say] he says of the power of friendship, though his own expression is a good deal more wry, as if wondering why Remi might still be giving that any thought.

But there's flirting comical conversation to be had, and Ronin lets his jaw drop in outrage at the thought of any of this being to do with a failing on the good doctor's part. [say]"Listen, I didn't force you to choke on a ball of dough,"[/say] he snarks. And he almost follows up with I'll show you 0 to 100 but that might get a little too real. Also Ronin has no idea how he'd make good on that claim, especially if there's really only five minutes (and counting) to go.

[say]"Anyway. Want to practice on smaller balls? I still have those M&Ms."[/say]

[say]'Ah, don't forget the matching outfits."[/say] Remi adds, his smile thoroughly crooked and his eyes shiny with the sort of amusement the hunter will have never seen before, if only because his gaze is no longer supernatural and predatory.

[say]"Maybe not but you did offer a man who has not had anything to proper eat in 6 years, a doughy croissant of death."[/say] The wendigo counters as he crosses his arms smugly across his chest. [say]"Like handing a baby some marbles and saying it is not your fault when they swallow them."[/say] Remi, who had lost count of how long there was left on the clock because of nearly dying, tosses his hands up into the air theatrically before mumbling something incoherent and swift under his breath in Italian.

[say]"Smaller? So another choking hazard?"[/say] He demands in English, rolling his eyes and gesturing at Ronin with his fingertips pressed against his thumb.

Ronin does notice but chooses not to bring attention to the expression on Remi's face, despite the fact that he'll randomly think about it for the rest of the day. (And not always intentionally, either). [say]"And you did accept it,"[/say] he shoots back with a raise of his eyebrows. [say]"How was I supposed to know that an adult man wouldn't consider not remembering how to swallow and instead choosing to inhale whatever food is handed to him?"[/say] he sasses.

The Italian and English snark make him grin, Ronin rummaging in the bag to draw out the M&Ms, grabbing a few to chomp on. [say]"So is that a no?"[/say] he wonders, offering some out to Remi with a raise of an eyebrow. [say]"The only way to properly learn is to keep trying, right?"[/say]

[say]"Well that must be because of the serum. It has made me wildly susceptible to suggestion."[/say] The wendigo counters, not entirely sure he liked what he was implying about his state of mind or Isla's serum, but going with it boldly just the same. [say]"Here I thought I could trust you looking out for me, but.."[/say] Frowning accusingly like that gif of the monkey, the wendigo shakes his head.

[say]"Oh yeah, is that how it was when you were learning? Just go at again and again until you maybe got it right?"[/say] Tutting under his breath, Remi reaches for the M&Ms, though makes a show of gently putting just one into his mouth and slowly sucking on it, instead of chomping an entire mouthful like Ronin had. If he tried to maintain intentional eye contact with the hunter the entire time, so be it.

Letting his tongue roll the candy around his mouth over and over in a clear attempt to remove the hard shell, after a moment the wendigo let his lips peel back to reveal the chocolate oval held completely free of its coating between his teeth.

[say]"The serum, huh? Is that something you would consider a failure on Isla's part?"[/say] Ronin asks with an accusatory raise of his eyebrows, because two can play at this game. (And upstairs, though he won't look, he's sure Isla is absolutely bewildered by the way things are playing out between the two men). [say]"That's exactly how it was when I was learning. It helps to have a willing and eager teacher, of course."[/say] What are they even talking about now? Was Ronin's first sexual experience with a fae? Who even knows.

Slowly chewing and swallowing his own handful of M&Ms, at first Ronin isn't sure what the intense eye contact is for, but this isn't his first gay chicken rodeo, and by the time Remi reveals that he's successfully flayed a piece of candy, Ronin is giving him a slow clap for his efforts. [say]"Congratulations,"[/say] he drawls. [say]"Now you just have to swallow it."[/say]

[say]"Insofar that she let you in here given my mental state, yes."[/say] Was Isla listening? Gods, he couldn't bring himself to glance up to the window, and not just because of how embarrassing it might be. Time was ticking down and though he and Ronin were bonafide friends now, there was something about being human that made things different, not that Remi could precisely say what. Maybe it was the fact he didn't have to worry at all about accidentally killing the hunter.

[say]"Or a pillow."[/say] Remi mutters, looking horrified. [say]"I can't imagine what sort of teacher would be eager to abide so much trial and error."[/say] Was it with a fae Ronin, or did you fuck a pillow and some couch cushions like in Big Mouth?

It isn't? Why Ronin. The slow clap has the wendigo bowing his head, before frowning with the candy still between his teeth. [say]"Already?"[/say] He asks around the chocolate. [say]"Surely you are supposed to suck on it longer than that."[/say] So saying, Remi makes a show of moving his tongue around in his mouth enough to have his chucks bulging back and forth, before bobbing his eyebrows. [say]"So much for that 15 minutes."[/say] He says, looking toward the bag of M&Ms that Ronin is well on his way to ploughing through.

[say]"Given your mental state? I didn't know we were doing therapy again,"[/say] Ronin sasses back, though the layers of snark and insult and weird flirting are starting to stack too high to be enjoyable now, and it's with a roll of his shoulders that he slouches back in his seat, as if to concede at least some of the points to the wendigo. (Do fae have pillows and couch cushions? Questions to add to a list for Morgan, perhaps).

[say]"Are you? You're starting to sound much more like the teacher here, you know."[/say] He grins, throwing an M&M at Remi for good measure (and if he doesn't find it, Ronin hopes it melts in his bed). And he's only had a handful from the bag, thank you very much - a bag which he puts away after using one of them as ammo. [say]"Maybe next time we can go for a nice human walk,"[/say] he suggests with a smirk. [say]"If I'm ever allowed back in here for testing."[/say]