Court of the Fallen
cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: cut our teeth and make our bones right here (/showthread.php?tid=7764)

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-04-2023

[say]"Yeah. She...was sitting with me just before I left to come out and see you, with her head on my shoulder."[/say] Which, as Ronin had noticed, was the most action the wendigo had seen in years. Until...well. [say]"In the science wing."[/say] Remi agrees, realizing only as the words left his lips that he was thinking both of things done (and yet to be done) in Ronin's apartment as much as on his proposed date with Isla.

Relief blooms in tandem with nervous anticipation as Ronin agrees, and gods if Remi isn't suddenly wishing that they'd forced themselves to go a little slower earlier. Already the memory of his climax felt fuzzy, but not quite so distant that heat wasn't still flickering in his belly. [say]"Well, not with that attitude."[/say] The wendigo counters with a grin.

[say]'Oh, don't be an idiot. Sex always complicates things.'[/say] He says a touch flippantly, before pulling a kombucha-face as he reconsiders. Maybe with another man, especially if that man was Ronin, it wouldn't be complicated. If it really was just about them each feeling good..? [say]'So...are you normally a top, or...'[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-04-2023

[say]"Stop, or I'll not be able to resist making fun,"[/say] Ronin warns, though the warmth in his blue eyes suggests that said fun will be, at worst, singing about Isla and Remi sitting in a tree and getting up to all sorts of nefarious verbs. As for demigoddesses and complicating things, the hunter scoffs in response to his friend. [say]"Only with that attitude,"[/say] he says, of their now and future dalliances.

Then again, even now he has to stop himself from wiping the uncertain expression from Remi's face with a kiss, and even Ronin isn't sure whether it's because it would be funny or because he really wants to taste the wendigo's lips again. Thankfully he's forced to focus on other things, though they're really not all that far from it, honestly.

[say]"Mm...? I like to consider myself flexible,"[/say] he says honestly. [say]"It's a learned preference, to be honest. A lot of fae like what they like, and you don't exactly get to negotiate."[/say] It's difficult not to be flippant about it when it's all he's known, though Ronin does seem to be giving it some further thought. [say]"But I do enjoy both, as long as I'm in good hands. Which is why I'll let you top, first time we get the opportunity."[/say]

Rolling his eyes and looking appropriately bashful given just how tender and slow things were with Isla, especially given that the two men have been naked on this couch for some time now, Remi can only huff his acquiescence.

Frowning almost instantly, the wendigo's lips part as if to demand some further explanation about why Ronin couldn't negotiate, before thinking that he could probably piece it together well enough. Swallowing bitterly. [say]"Well, I would like us both to like it."[/say] He murmurs, knowing that it likely could go without saying, but given how rarely the wendigo was able to give consent these days, it was certainly something he didn't take for granted.

As for being in good hands? Biting at the inside of one cheek which only changed the shape of his dimple rather than hiding it, the wendigo shrugs coyly. [say]"I hope you were serious about being able to teach me a thing or two, then."[/say] He murmurs, suddenly caught in the same indecisiveness of wanting to kiss Ronin but not really knowing why. It wasn't not born out of affection, but it was a different affection than anything he'd ever known. In the hours which would follow, locked in his room, he'd have all the time in the world to think about it. For now, though, he merely tried not to blush any more than he already was.

[say]"I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't expect us both to like it,"[/say] Ronin points out, though he appreciates the sentiment more than he can properly say. With words failing him to express as much, he instead reaches out to tease his fingers through a lock of Remi's hair, guiding it back and out of his face. [say]"I'll teach you everything I know, if that's what you want,"[/say] he says eventually, a smile curling up the corners of his mouth.

[say]"Mainly it's just remembering to go slow at first, make sure everyone is comfortable, and don't ever forget lube. Ever."[/say] Raising his eyebrows playfully as if to emphasise this very serious point, soon the hunter's expression softens again, and he surprises himself by snagging Remi's hand to press a gentle kiss against his knuckles. [say]"We've got about an hour left,"[/say] he says. [say]"Can I interest you in coffee?"[/say]

[say]"No?"[/say] The question isn't any sort of accusation about consent, but moreso an acknowledgement that given how readily the pair of them had fallen into each other with almost no preamble or thought suggested that they'd also both likely forgo quite a bit of discomfort if it meant getting a bit of pleasure out of it.

[say]'Well, not everything.'[/say] Remi says, his sarcasm hushed slightly by the way his breath stutters as Ronin adjusts one of his curls. [say]"I have no interest in learning what an Irishman has to say about food, for instance."[/say]

Lube. Got it. Tongue-tied and twitterpated in equal measure as his knuckles are kissed—the gesture reminding him immediately of the way he'd done something similar to Isla—the wendigo nods distractedly, unable to pull his eyes away from Ronin's. [say]"Only if I make it."[/say] He counters, and though it feels like absolutely the last thing he wants to do, Remi begins to extract himself from Ronin and the couch.

[say]"Of course not,"[/say] Ronin says, feeling his cheeks heat up as he realises what he's admitted. [say]"You said it yourself - it's been 6 years. If I only worried about myself, I'd be just as bad as everyone in the medical wing."[/say] Shrugging as if to try and change the subject, he does give Remi a good natured nudge for his sass. [say]"Joke's on you - all the food in undertown is fucking awful."[/say] So take... that...?

Reluctantly releasing the wendigo's hand, Ronin lets out a soft laugh as they jumble about trying to get off the couch. [say]"You know, I was going to ask if you'd be so kind,"[/say] he says of the coffee. And after getting up and getting dressed (in a new shirt, in Ronin's case), the next hour passes in a blur of coffee and an episode of The Office, allowing the two men to both sober up and let the dust settle on the new aspects of their friendship.

Of course, all too soon it's time to head back to the other side of the complex, and Ronin shrugs into his jacket with a long sigh. [say]"How long is left on your timer?"[/say] he asks.

Despite how inappropriate their joking often is, as emotionally bare as Remi felt just now, Ronin's joke didn't quite land. Still, the wendigo received it with a roll of his eyes, now regretting not kneeing Ronin when he had the chance. [say]"It is indeed on me."[/say] He mutters, before grinning. [say]"I suppose I will put that into the gee isn't it nice to be a wendigo column?"[/say]

Remi's clothes don't feel quite so comfortable as before, though even without his wendinose he can smell Ronin all over him, and he finds it utterly and thoroughly distracting. The Office is alright, the coffee better, and the company better still, though Remi can't quite shake the way he doesn't know where to look anymore when he glances toward the hunter. His eyes too readily drop to the other man's lips as his mind imagines all the things he now knows those lips capable of.

[say]"Thirty five."[/say] Remi mutters, holding out his wrist just in case Ronin might doubt it. Raking his fingers through his hair, he shakes his head. [say]"No haircut for me I guess. Though...I suppose Isla could still do it when I'm..."[/say] you know.

Unlike the other man, it appears their afternoon spent together has only made Ronin more comfortable around Remi, but then again he isn't the one who has been without human touch for 6 years or more. (It's been a while, granted, but he's also not tortured on a daily basis, so...)

[say]"It won't take that long to get back to the medical wing - if Isla is a good hairdresser, maybe she'll manage it. Or maybe you'll just get a fetching buzzcut,"[/say] he says, grinning and reaching out to affectionately tousle Remi's curls. [say]"Either that, or yeah, I guess she could. It's not like your hair turns to steel, right?"[/say]

Forgoing Remi's trenchcoat given that he'll only have to take it off again to go through the medical wing, it's with a hint of reluctance that Ronin heads for the door. [say]"I guess we'd better go, then,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"Let's try and make sure it's not another 6 years before we next do this?"[/say]

Raising his eyebrows thoughtfully, Remi pats the top of his head as if to decide what he'd think about having far less hair. [say]"No."[/say] He agrees with a laugh. [say]"It doesn't. Normally Heimerdinger does it with a knife. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made a little voodoo doll with it by now."[/say]

Though he would have to forgo the trenchcoat once back at the medical wing, Remi wasn't keen on the cold, so before the pair slipped out the wendigo made sure to grab it. Slipping into it, Remi shoves his hands into his pockets as the hunter locks up. [say]"If I didn't know just how badly I react to double doses, I would say that I didn't even want to wait 6 hours, but..."[/say] Given the heat he could already feel spreading across his cheeks, he doesn't think he really needs to say more. The best he can do is rather nervously meet Ronin's eye line before shrugging slightly.

[say]'That said, I have a feeling the come down from this is going to be a bitch.'[/say]

Remi means it as a joke, but Ronin absolutely scrunches his nose in a way that suggests voodoo dolls are, in fact, a thing to be worried about, and he might want to make sure Heimerdinger doesn't really have one of him. [say]"A knife? Uncivilised,"[/say] he drawls instead, smiling to see Remi in his coat despite the short walk downstairs and beginning to unlock his door.

[say]"You double dosed?"[/say] he asks, sounding a mix of curious and concerned even if there is lingering heat on his own cheeks at the other man's comment. [say]"Listen, given how keen Isla is to keep testing this on you, I don't imagine it'll be more than a week."[/say] If not less - though honestly, if it had been an hour and thirty five minutes, Ronin would already be trying to take off Remi's pants again.

Wincing as he finally clicks open the door, he gestures for Remi to go ahead and step out. [say]"What's that like? A human hangover?"[/say]

[say]"What?"[/say] Remi wants to know, having not flipped far enough in the old book Ronin had given him to get to the bit about actual voodoo dolls.

[say]"Yeah. Only a 15-minute dose, but coming out was hell."[/say] He explains with a shrug. [say]"It was a few nights ago...when I said Isla..er.."[/say] Came in his bed sounded wrong but so did cuddled me when I was crying. [say]"Yeah...she is interested in the results."[/say] He agrees a touch stiffly, if only because it seemed to reinforce the fact that Remi had no real idea about how Isla felt about him, and whether it all was just some science project to her.

[say]"I hope not."[/say] The wendigo says earnestly; more than a week without sex or any sort of intimacy given what he'd just experienced? No thanks.

Not tapping his way through the silver this time but with his hands still in his pockets, the wendigo shakes his head. [say]"No, it...doesn't feel like anything, which is the problem. I remember everything that I did feel and want, and am reminded of just how utterly inhuman I am."[/say] Dropping his voice as they walk toward the stairs, again the wendigo shrugs. [say]"The shorter tests of 10-15 minutes were hard because the contrast was so immediate. But this? All we.."[/say] Clearing his throat and dropping his voice even further. [say]"All we did? That is going to be hard to deal with."[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-06-2023

[say]"It's better that you don't know,"[/say] Ronin assures his friend with a quiet laugh that suggests he's already got enough to think about and mull over. The hallway is empty as they head for the stairs, but the hunter still keeps his voice low, even before the conversation strays into more intimate settings. [say]"Interested in the results or interested in you?"[/say] He raises his eyebrows, unintentionally voicing the wendigo's own uncertainties.

Letting out a soft laugh and jostling his shoulder against Remi's - he'll take I hope not as a compliment, if the other man doesn't mind - Ronin nonetheless grows solemn to hear about the darker side of the serum, i.e. coming out of it. [say]"If you were really inhuman, you wouldn't miss it,"[/say] he says gently.

[say]"And I know Isla can't know the details, but if you told her you were starting to struggle with the transition back..."[/say] He shrugs helplessly. [say]"I don't even know, to be honest. I don't know if there's a way to make that easier."[/say] His I'm sorry goes unsaid, because they both know he is.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-06-2023

Eyeing Ronin suspiciously for a moment, the wendigo relents and nods. A strange reluctance tinged with panic grips Remi as he looks around the hallway; the hallway leads outside, outside leads to the medical wing, and the medical wing leads away from Ronin. [say]'Exactly.'[/say] He mutters, looking at his friend over his shoulder and offering nothing more than a helpless shrug. [say]"I know that it's complicated but that doesn't make it feel better, you know?"[/say]

Wanting suddenly to do nothing more than press the hunter against the wall as their shoulders jostle together, for a moment Remi is able to only hold his breath as if he might choke the thought right out of his mind. It hardly works, but luckily the blast of cold air as they exit the apartment distracts him enough as the possibility of kissing Ronin against the hallway walls is removed.

[say]'Well, she has seen it. The interns have even seen it.'[/say] He mutters. [say]'So I am sure that if there is something she can do, she'll work on it, but...it's a mental thing, you know?'[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-06-2023

[say]"Oh, I absolutely get it, even if I've never been through this sort of thing myself. I imagine it feels even worse when it's all you have left to think about..."[/say] Not for the first time, Ronin lets his mind drift to Remi's long nights in his room in the medical wing, and his expression melts into something rather solemn as he heads out into the open with the wendigo. (Alas, it does mean he's not exactly thinking of pinning Remi up against the wall as a result, but if the option was available, he'd be in).

[say]"Mm, mental health is still health,"[/say] he points out, pulling himself back into the here and now with a smile for Remi. [say]"Remember all of those huge campaigns people were doing about it before everything went to shit? Maybe we can get you... I don't know, a mindfulness colouring book to give your brain something else to do."[/say]