Court of the Fallen
cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Forum: Not-Canon (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: cut our teeth and make our bones right here (/showthread.php?tid=7764)

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-08-2023

Smiling despite himself to feel his hand captured, Ronin lets himself relax fully into the bed, closing his eyes and listening closely as the wendigo speaks. [say]"I was worried about you,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"I arranged a hunt, but when I came to sign you out, they said you weren't available. I was going to break in, but... well, I didn't expect it would end too well for either of us."[/say] Lots of guns and alarms and sedatives, etc. etc.

The thought of this got me through. Blinking his eyes back open, he flicks a quick glance over his shoulder at Remi and smiles. [say]"This? Or the sex?"[/say] he wants to know, finally shifting to turn over in bed and properly face the wendigo. One arm immediately slips around him, the other sneaking up so he might brush featherlight fingertips over the other man's throat and along his jawline, as if to find the injuries Grimm has inflicted.

[say]"She's got a god complex or something,"[/say] he concludes. [say]"Heinous bitch."[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-08-2023

Chuckling, only Roinin could make a needless jailbreak sound affectionate, the wendigo nods. [say]"I thought you might be...Isla gave me a choice between two days of hell with Grimm but a 4-hour dose with you right after, or a week between but with less...well, Grimm."[/say] The wendigo shrugged, assuming rightly or wrongly that Ronin would have made precisely the same choice were he in the wendigo's position. [say]"I thought Isla would tell you."[/say] He adds, wondering what, if anything, there was to make of the doctor's silence.

Raising his eyebrows slightly as the hunter turns, not wanting Ronin to see the tears in his eyes but finding himself too exhausted to do anything to deter the hunter's movements, Remi can only smile wearily and nod. [say]"Yes."[/say] He answers; it was absolutely the sex, the intimacy however much it frightened him, and just the sheer ease of being with Ronin.

[say]"She does. It's why I hobbled out, and why I made it all out to be much worse than it was."[/say] It had absolutely been excruciating, but Remi had learned that the longer he tried to appear stoic the harder Grimm worked to break him. It was a fine line between realistic agony and screaming for the sake of it, and though the wendigo hadn't perfected his performances yet, he was getting closer.

[say]"Don't tell me you put yourself through hell for a few hours of little old me,"[/say] Ronin murmurs, a wry smile creeping across his face. Either he pretends not to see the wendigo's tears or he understands them entirely (both, probably); regardless, after letting his fingers ghost across Remi's lips, he huffs and shifts closer to twine both arms around the other man.

[say]"I didn't even get as far as Isla,"[/say] he murmurs. [say]"There were guards ready right at the entrance to the medical wing. I'm beginning to think Grimm knows we're close enough that keeping us apart is a string she can pull."[/say] Frowning against the wendigo's shoulder, the realisation is far from a pleasant one.

As for Remi's pantomime? [say]"Well, you did a good job pretending,"[/say] he mumbles. [say]"Had me ready to throw hands with every scientist in the complex."[/say] And now he's got all of those thorny feelings and nowhere to put them.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-08-2023

Unlike in other worlds where things said always are done just at the right time, here and now as the pair thumb through this story together, Remi finds himself a few pages behind where the hunter seems to be. Swallowing stiffly as if chastised for his desire to spend time in this particular apartment and with this particular man, it's with a half-smile that Remi feels fingertips against his lips. Having to keep himself from pulling back, instead, he nods, his own arms moving and shifting to allow the hunter to come closer.

[say]"Oh?"[/say] Biting worriedly at the inside of his cheek, Remi's eyes lower—not that there's anything to see, given how close the pair are—when a thought suddenly occurs to him. [say]"Does...does Morgan ever...work with any non-fae, besides you?"[/say] The likes of Grimm, by chance?

Luckily, whether or not Remi is behind in this current branch of their story, Ronin is both close enough and knows the wendigo well enough to realise when silence isn't necessarily golden. [say]"I'm glad you're here,"[/say] he murmurs, his thumb grazing across the wendigo's cheek so he might lean in and press a chaste kiss to his lips. [say]"We'll make sure these hours were worth every second with Grimm."[/say]

Wrinkling his nose to think of Morgan in his current state of post-sex satisfaction, he nonetheless sighs out an affirmative. [say]"Works with isn't what I'd call it. But she's probably made deals with countless people over the centuries. It's hard to really tell, since usually part of the deal is not being able to talk about it."[/say] So if Grimm does have Fae help, it's likely not a secret even she can spill.

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-17-2023

As the pleasure which had sung so riotously through his veins gave way to weary relaxation, so too did Remi's easy comfort in being pressed against the hunter begin to slip. The kiss pressed against his lip was not one of lust or desperation, and though perhaps it was more apt to think of it as the we-just-fucked-so-this-is-fine equivalent of a pat on the back, still the wendigo found himself suddenly tangled in knots of uncertainty which were being ever-tightened by his overthinking.

[say]"mm."[/say] He hummed, a smile quickly tugging at his lips before disappearing. Rolling away from Ronin and onto his back, the wendigo curls his hand behind his head and gazes speculatively up at the hunter's ceiling. [say]"So there's no way of knowing if Grimm or any of the others know about her?"[/say] He wonders, turning to glance at Ronin with a frown before straightening his head once more. [say]'They could already be working with her, or could be working with her now and we would not know it..?"[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Ronin - 08-18-2023

Surprised but too lost in the afterwards of everything they've just done, there's of course no resistance to Ronin as Remi pulls away, but it doesn't make his arms feel any less empty as a result. Quietly clearing his throat and not even remotely caring about Morgan or her antics, especially in what's meant to be his sanctuary from his shackles to the fae, he shifts onto his back as well and shrugs.

[say]"Other than the fact that Grimm and the others would want to catch and dissect her rather than work with her, no, I suppose not. Or rather, there's not without using some kind of truth serum or spell, but you'd need to barter with a fae to get hold of it in the first place, so..."[/say] He shrugs. So they all end up working for with Morgan, however they go about it. [say]"Why do you ask?"[/say]

RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - Remi - 08-18-2023

Feeling the gulf he'd intentionally put between them yawn out longingly just the same, the wendigo fixed his eyes on the ceiling while resting his free hand across his chest. [say]"Grimm was just..."[/say] Pressing his teeth together as if the pressure might force the words to the forefront of his mouth, he eventually gives his head the slightest of shakes as if worried that the motion might bring them back together. [say]"...she has never been so keenly focused on causing pain."[/say] He murmurs softly, his fingers tapping against his sunken sternum.

[say]"It was all under the guise of seeing whether or not Isla's serum had any lasting effects on my normal abilities, but..."[/say] Trying to hide his wince by exhaling unsteadily, Remi does his best not to shift in the bed despite the discomfort suddenly clenching his muscles. [say]"I suppose I was just wondering if there was any...extra reason she was that way."[/say] Above, you know, her usual brand of madness.

The motion of Remi's head might not be enough to bring them back together, but his words slide like a knife between Ronin's ribs, the hunter glancing across at his friend and considering what he wants to do or say, before deciding on absolutely nothing at all. If Remi had wanted to stay close he would have, he reasons, but that leaves Ronin wondering what, if anything, the other man needs.

[say]"Have you considered it's just because she doesn't like you?"[/say] he asks softly, almost sadly. [say]"And because she still doesn't see you as anything close to human, despite everything she's seen and heard over the past few weeks?"[/say] It's disappointing, and he understands that, because blaming the fae gives an excuse for what's really just horrific human behaviour.

[say]"Is there anything I can do about her?"[/say] he asks quietly. [say]"Or for you, to help?"[/say]

Feeling the weight of the hunter's eyes on him, the wendigo blinks uncertainly up at the ceiling. Why he felt the need to resist the urge to turn and look at Ronin, he didn't really know; or rather, he absolutely did, but didn't want to admit to it. If he did turn at look at the hunter, would he be tempted to kiss him? And would that kiss be of the sort that wouldn't try to inspire sex, but something else? And if that was the case, then-

-[say]"Fuck you."[/say] Remi chuckles humourlessly as if what the hunter had said was meant to be a joke. [say]"She almost certainly does not like me."[/say] He agrees, tilting his head just a fraction to peer at Ronin through his peripheral vision and nothing more.

[say]"No. Nothing that would not cause more trouble, and this is helping. At least-"[/say] Feeling his cheeks flush and his stomach tense, the wendigo presses his tongue between his teeth and he hisses in a breath. [say]"-I mean, not that this is..."[/say] Flustered and having not meant at all to even stray toward having this conversation, the wendigo swallows hard before itching his fingers over his unevenly covered scalp. [say]"..the sex is nice, I mean."[/say] He concludes pitifully, not daring to look at Ronin and instead thinking very hard about not moving at all, or potentially just spontaneously combusting.

[say]"Well at least you've got that certainty going for you,"[/say] Ronin says through a quiet chuckle, shifting to let a hand slip beneath his pillow in an effort to remain as casual as possible; a feat that's made increasingly difficult as Remi continues. [say]"Or,"[/say] he adds, as if he can mask the awkwardness between them with his own brand of absurdity, [say]"maybe she likes you a lot and this is her way of showing it."[/say]

Given that he isn't avoiding looking at Remi, the hunter can't help but notice the flush to his cheeks, and given everything that just happened and everything that came before it, he can't help but laugh. [say]"It's been a long time for me, and I know damn well it's been longer for you. I can promise you that the sex wasn't just nice."[/say] Not in his opinion, anyway.

[say]"We can get up if you want,"[/say] he adds. [say]"If pillow talk isn't your thing. I just didn't know what you... well, I didn't know."[/say]

Remi wants to laugh at that, finding it both absurd and horrifically plausible, but even just the thought of smiling made him feel uneasy. Finding himself suddenly wishing for the solitude of his cell and the routine that came with it, the wendigo exhaled sharply as if to deny to himself that any part of him would choose the medical wing over Ronin's bed, however uncomfortable it might be.

Glancing at Ronin now if only because he couldn't gauge the source of his friend's laughter. [say]"Maybe it all just...feels like it means more to me than to you."[/say] Or maybe it doesn't? Remi ventures slowly. [say]"I just.."[/say] Running his fingers over his head again and finding it oddly unsatisfying given the stubble, the wendigo lets his hand flop by his side. [say]"I know what you are going to say. That it does not have to mean anything and that it can just be sex."[/say] Looking at Ronin with his eyebrows raised slightly as if to confirm that this was exactly what the hunter would say, the wendigo sighs softly.

[say]"It's just a lot for me, and I don't want to be an asshole about it-"[/say] Because how else do you describe someone who uses their only friend for sex and expects them just to go along with it. [say]"-but it just...fuck, I don't even know what I'm trying to say."[/say] He admits at last, unable to finish any of his fragmented sentences with words other than I don't know how I feel about you and I.

Shifting enough to turn and look at Remi properly, Ronin is well aware by now that this perceived scrutiny probably won't go down well with the wendigo, but they're in his bed and he's just been fucked by the other man, so that earns a big fat whatever in his books. [say]"What does it mean to you?"[/say] he asks softly. [say]"Because I was looking forward to this since we talked about it last time. And then I was worried, because I had no idea what they were doing to you. And now..."[/say]

Shrugging his shoulders and smiling, Ronin's fingers itch with the urge to reach for the other man. [say]"Now I'm just glad you're here, and safe. And I enjoyed this - not just the sex, the... everything. I don't have to tell you what it's like having gone a long time without someone touching you in a way that feels good."[/say] And you make me feel good, goes unsaid.

Butterflies alight in the wendigo's stomach as the hunter turns toward him, though despite (or perhaps because of) the burst of weightless euphoria he feels in the tired muscles of his legs, Remi hears himself gasp under his breath as if in pain. Nevertheless, he turns reluctantly toward the hunter though can't bring himself to meet the other man's gaze. Everything suddenly feels surreal and unfair in a way he already knows he can't articulate, and the sudden urge to reach out and kiss the other man hard absolutely doesn't help.

[say]"I don't know."[/say] He whispers, unhelpfully, stealing a glance up and forcing himself to immediately look away as his stomach somersaulted upon seeing the blue of his friend's eyes. [say]"I honestly can't tell what I feel or think anymore in a way that doesn't feel...caused by everything that's happening."[/say] Remi continues, trying to exhale steadily and only managing it just.

[say]"I mean, is this...this just because we have both been alone for so long?"[/say] Or is it more? [say]"Are we only feeling this way because of Morgan and Grimm and the locks they have put on our lives?"[/say] Or would we feel this regardless? [say]"The sex is easy, it's just...the everything else I don't understand."[/say]