Court of the Fallen
nae second spring again - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: nae second spring again (/showthread.php?tid=939)

Pages: 1 2 3

nae second spring again - Remi - 04-08-2019

The woods had not proven themselves dangerous yet, but that yet loomed large, and so while Aoife's penchant for adventure was already growing, she'd been left with Auntie Vai.

As Remi walked into the woods (and back out again, and in, and out, etcetera for a few hours), he found himself wondering why he hadn't come up with some way or another to find Ianto out here. Hoping to stumble into the fox twice in such an enormous forest was naive even for Remi's standards. But he'd been so flustered at the end of their encounter that he hadn't even thought  that far ahead. He'd merely wanted to see the fox again and left it at that. Like an idiot.

And so, as the woods continued this little game of only allowing him a few hundred meters or so before turning him around, Remi decided on a different tactic. Shifting into a raccoon, he scuttled from branch to branch, hoping to somehow skitter beneath the wood's attention.

RE: nae second spring again - Ianto - 04-08-2019

Ianto had been watching. He had watched as Remi headed in and out of the forest a few times, a smirk playing over his face as he hid in the undergrowth as a flash of red fur and amber eyes. And he had watched when the alchemist suddenly took on the skin of a raccoon, skittering away through the trees and branches in an attempt to dupe a forest that absolutely would not be duped.

When the raccoon inevitably got turned around and ended up in the trees along the fringes of the forest again, Ianto would be waiting for him. Well - a red fox would be waiting, bushy tail curled about his feet, black tipped ears twitching at the noise of the forest. At the sight of Remi, his jaw opened and a pink tongue lolled out, giving the raccoon a thoroughly foxy grin for his trouble.

RE: nae second spring again - Remi - 04-08-2019

Naively he had rather expected it to work. Remi was not worth the wood's trouble, surely it would let him pass on four paws, if not two feet? But no, it would not (no pun intended). With a grumble that in this form was an adorable chittering sound, Remi huffed, looking up in time to see a fox seated on the underbrush below him. Narrowing his eyes with wry amusement, Remi clambered down the tree and approached the fox, noting the merry twinkle in those amber eyes that the alchemist was sure were actually quite an astounding shade of blue.

[say]So is this how you pass your days when you are not wagoning about[/say] Remi thought towards the fox. Or luring people to their deaths, Ludo. Though this silent thought he did not project, though as always Remi's mind was quite open.

RE: nae second spring again - Ianto - 04-10-2019

[say]"Wagonin' about. Is that what they call it in the barrier? I'll have to remember that one."[/say] Ianto shifted where he sat in the sweet grass, stretching out his long legs and leaning back on his hands. He was not able to communicate telepathically with his brethren as he once had, something he'd discovered to his chagrin. So human words it would have to be, for now.

Grinning up at the raccoon, he tutted and shook his head. [say]"By ground or by tree, it doesn't matter where you run if you don't know the way,"[/say] he murmured. [say]"Though I do recall you managed to land in the thick of the woods as a hawk."[/say]

RE: nae second spring again - Remi - 04-10-2019

Shifting as well, Remi gave the foxed a pointed but amused stare. [say]"And what do you call it?"[/say] He asked with the beginnings of a wry and playful grin.

At the mention of having found himself in further the last time, the alchemist could only shrug and nod. [say]"Quite by accident apparently, since I cannot seem to do it again."[/say] Narrowing his eyes with an amused glint, Remi's lips twisted slightly. [say]"It is a tricky thing, your woods. And I cannot help but think that you do not mind it."[/say]

[say]"What do I call it? Livin', mostly."[/say] Ianto's smile was sunny and only grew sunnier as Remi appeared in truth; honestly, the fox would never get tired of looking at him after everything he'd been through to get the privilege. Not that he could tell the alchemist any of that, but whatever.

Clambering to his feet, he offered a mischievous little laugh at the mere mention that he didn't mind his 'tricky woods', shrugging his shoulders. [say]"Why should I? I know my way through perfectly fine,"[/say] he said. [say]"What were you goin' in there for anyway?"[/say]

[say]"Ah, my mistake."[/say] Remi said, tapping his forehead as if to indicate that he'd store that bit of information for next time.

Remi felt a thrill of uncertainty course through him as the fox stood, the words of their previous encounter still echoing loudly in his mind. At any moment he half expected Ianto to move towards him and not stop, the wonder if he would be able to take flight fast enough to evade what were surely dexterous and sly hands or worse, if he even would at all.

Clearing his through and smiling through the ebbing feeling of terror, Remi shrugged perhaps a bit too casually. This could be Ludo after all...and though Remi thought perhaps the clothed god could read minds, on the off chance that it couldn't, the alchemist didn't need to give it any hints. [say]"Oh, just wanting to collect a few samples. I heard about a fish that can talk?"[/say]

[say]"Samples, huh,"[/say] Ianto echoed with a sly smile, shaking his head. From one liar to another, he supposed he could indulge the alchemist. But as he spoke about just what he was looking for - and how he knew to get a Whisperfish was beyond Ianto - the fox seemed to tense somewhat.

[say]"Aye,"[/say] he said. [say]"I know them. They gather in the river around the Sidhe Village and tell stories. I could get you one,"[/say] he offered. Because of all the people in the Hollowed Grounds, he wouldn't risk the winged folk's wrath for bringing Remi into their midst. They didn't trust outsiders, and their temperament could be as brutal as it was ethereal.

Unsure where the tension originated in Ianto, Remi could only nod a bit distantly. [say]"I need to keep it alive."[/say] Remi said with a bit of a wince, head tilting to the side. Why the fox was being cagey about bringing Remi to what seemed just like any other river he had no idea. It didn't seem like very Ludo-like behaviour, but then again it didn't seem not like Ludo either.

[say]"Is...there some reason I cannot get one myself?"[/say]

[say]"To keep it alive? Like... in a tank?"[/say] Ianto arched an eyebrow, having never really considered the properties of a Whisperfish out of the river. He rubbed at the back of his head, fingers ruffling through his coppery hair, and forced himself to relax. This was Remi, after all. Not a stranger and certainly not someone he had to doubt or fear.

[say]"I'm not sure how familiar you are with the inhabitants of these woods,"[/say] he murmured. [say]"The Fae, they're called. They taught me the ways through the forest - one did in particular, anyway. They're very secretive, and they don't like outsiders. I've only gained trust over months, and some still don't want to look me in the eye."[/say] He smiled weakly. [say]"The fish you want is in a branch of the river that runs directly through their village. It'd be like taking a lamb to slaughter..."[/say]

[say]"Ahh...well, yes that was what I had been thinking."[/say] Remi said with a vague nod, now wondering if there was some unknown property of the fish that made this a ridiculous suggestion.

As Ianto spoke, Remi wrapped an arm around his waist, tilting his head to listen. The fox has spoken only briefly of the Fae before, and certainly not with the type of facts that he was giving now. Remi could easily understand that they might not like outsiders, but a lamb to slaughter? Surely that was a bit..much? Waiting for his once-friend's telltale grin that never came, Remi chewed the inside of his lip for a moment, before seeming to stumble onto something.

[say]"A lamb to slaughter...but a hawk? Or a raccoon? Would they notice then?"[/say] In both shifts he'd likely be able to easily grasp onto a fish..and so long as the Fae didn't possess the ability to see through forms, surely the pair could manage it?

RE: nae second spring again - Ianto - 04-13-2019

Waiting for Remi's inevitable disappointment and nibbling at his bottom lip as if to prepare to have to make his excuses and go, Ianto was pleasantly surprised at the suggestion offered. He arched an eyebrow and tilted his head, nodding thoughtfully.

[say]"You would have to stay in that form for the entire time,"[/say] he warned. [say]"If you blow your cover you'll put yourself in danger and lose me any credibility I have there."[/say] His smile was lopsided but still hopeful that Remi wouldn't do something like that.

[say]"Is there any reason, though, why I can't simply bring the fish to you? I mean... there may be some in the Stonesong, which would be much less dangerous a place to take you. But if it has to be a Whisperfish, I know there are some in the village."[/say] He looked to his friend, waiting for his response.

RE: nae second spring again - Remi - 04-13-2019

[say]"I could catch fish as all of my shifts I think. A lion might be a bit obvious, and a hawk might kill it. But a raccoon?"[/say] Having said as much, the hesitation on Ianto's part was clear. For a long moment Remi merely regarded the fox, wondering if this was a reasonable sort of decline on the man's part, or if it was some sort of trickery from Ludo.

Perhaps the god had found out what Remi was up to?

[say]"I just do not like when others do things for me I could do for myself."[/say] Remi mumbled, shrugging a slight apology. [say]"I suppose...I could wait? The fish needs to be kept alive so I would need to be close with the tank. Unless...I suppose the Fae would not mind you going to the river with one?"[/say]

RE: nae second spring again - Ianto - 04-14-2019

[say]"Sometimes you need to rely on others."[/say] Ianto smiled crookedly. [say]"Otherwise you'll end up feeling quite alone, Remi. Remember that."[/say] He nudged him lightly, before taking a deep breath and letting it out again. He needed to practice what he preached, clearly. And this was Remi. The alchemist might not believe Ianto to be the real deal, but... well, he had to start a foundation of trust somewhere.

[say]"They would not mind me going near, with a tank or anything else,"[/say] he said, nibbling at his lip before nodding. [say]"You can come with me, but you ought to stay in your raccoon shift for your own safety,"[/say] he said. [say]"We'll get your fish and I'll walk us back out into the woods, then you can change back. Sound good?"[/say]