Court of the Fallen
[PQ+] i can make the bad guys good for a weekend - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [PQ+] i can make the bad guys good for a weekend (/showthread.php?tid=9499)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

i can make the bad guys good for a weekend - Flora - 05-10-2024

So.

Enough time had passed for Flora to feel comfortable enough to dedicate her free time to work on restoring the Hanged Man without anticipating too much pushback. Torchline had finished their RQ, they'd restored the Skyport, and they'd ensured the safety of their people. Were this not Torchline the issue of having a bar might not be quite so contentious, but as it was, it was, and the queen thought it about time that they get the tavern up and running again.

One problem: all of her usual handymen were busy: Ronin said he could make time if needed (code for "I'm really busy"), Remi was likewise "busy", Jack had sailed the Ark out, and Everest was still on his sex tour. Of course she could have asked Hadama for help, but given that she hadn't been completely honestly with him about what sort of business was conducted in the backrooms (a "lost and found", she'd told him once), she didn't think this task particularly well-suited for someone of his moral standing. That only left Danta, and given how he'd not replied to her messages about the fucked up state of Torchline earlier in the season, she'd been absolutely floored that he'd responded so quickly. Not to mention he said he'd bring his own muscle along? Wondering if perhaps there shouldn't be at least one adultier-adult, Flora had extended an invitation to Isla as well.

Standing in the ruins of the tavern with her arms crossed, that afternoon saw Flora in a rather sensible pair of overalls with only a tube top beneath (one had to balance sexual with sensible after all). Around her were a number of raw materials they'd need (like wood, nails, tape) as well as several large containers they could throw all the debris into.

1. Flora
2. Isla
3. @Astarion
4. Dantalion

Post your character arriving!

RE: i can make the bad guys good for a weekend - Astaroth - 05-10-2024

He’s basically become Dantalion’s shadow, but he isn’t complaining about it. The warmth of Torchline is a comfort that he’s drawn to, even dressing down a bit to be more flexible with manual labor. Now, dressing down in Astaroth’s idea, was simply a nice black silk shirt with golden threaded florals patterned throughout the silk shirt. His pants are a nice smooth black as well, his shirt tucked into the waistband, and hair slicked back and hooked around the pronged horns that extend from his head.

As it stands, Dantalion enters first, Asta on his heels, cane clicking with the sound of him following into the bar. Dark eyes spot Flora instantly, and given that they hadn’t had an official chance to meet back during the watch, Astaroth departs from trailing the Maverick to greet the queen with a polite and gentlemanly bow and a charming grin. “[say]Pleased to officially meet you, your majesty.[/say]” The grin widens, accented voice spurred on by the wink he offers her in his bow, before he draws up to his full height, looking around to see where they might get started and who else might be joining them.

Astaroth arrives!!

RE: i can make the bad guys good for a weekend - Dantalion - 05-10-2024

[say]"Don't be a kiss-ass,"[/say] Danta drawls as Astarion Astaroth steps forward to greet Flora, the Maverick simultaneously rolling his eyes and rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. Dressed simply - and actually looking like it - in a faded white linen shirt and a pair of black trousers that have already seen some singes and use, he lets out a low whistle as he gazes around at the ruins of the Hanged Man.

[say]"This is sad, isn't it?"[/say] he murmurs to Flora, scrunching his nose and kicking a bit of debris to see if there's anything interesting under it (there is not). [say]"Well, lucky for you we've got all afternoon to kill, so the sooner we start the better, right?"[/say] If you ask Danta, they'd be better off just burning all of the debris away and starting fresh - and who knows, maybe he'll even get that opportunity later.

Danta arrives!

RE: i can make the bad guys good for a weekend - Isla - 05-10-2024

Isla arrives in a pair of shorts, a tank top, and some supple gloves that ought to make it easier to shift the jagged debris of the Hanged Man; all in all, even the look of her is enough to understand that she's absolutely taken the day off from the clinic. [say]"Hi, Flora,"[/say] she trills as she approaches, a leather bag in one hand containing some basic first aid supplies and a bit of fountain healing water, just in case anyone gets into any trouble.

She doesn't recognise Dantalion other than knowing him as the Hollowed Grounds' Theocrat and a man who had once frequented the establishment they currently stand in, but the tall, dark haired man earns a double take. (Not you, Flora). [say]"Oh, hello to you too, Astaroth,"[/say] she chimes, setting her bag down somewhere it won't be trodden on and sweeping her fair hair up into a high ponytail.

[say]"Shall we get started?"[/say]

Isla arrives!

RE: i can make the bad guys good for a weekend - Flora - 05-10-2024

That Flora's jaw drops is meant to seem entirely theatrical, but I mean...have you seen Astarion Asta? That shirt? Stretching out her hand towards Astaroth as he seemed like the sort of man who might take her fingers and kiss her upturned skin, the Doubletake flushed as if on cue. [say]"Ugh, your majesty sounds so stuffy. Just call me Flora."[/say] She purrs before glancing at Dantalion and nodding. [say]"What's sad is having to put so much stuff before fixing this place up."[/say] Among friends, the queen is able to freely speak her mind, and frankly she thinks it's bullshit that fixing the skyport was somehow more important than making sure the region had enough to drink, but whatever.

[say]"Wait, you two know each other?"[/say] Looking appropriately surprised, Flora tries to tug her eyebrows back down as she glances between Isla and the ancient, before looking toward Danta to see if he knew about this. [say]"Nice."[/say] She mumbles to the Remedy, assuming she knows Asaroth from certain extracurricular activities.

[say]"Aheeemmm. So, first thing we should probably clear this debris away. We can throw it all in one of those bins, unless it's able to be reused, in which case it goes over there—"[/say] So saying, Flora points to two different bins, one clearly marked for trash and one marked for recycling.

Danta’s comment goes completely in one ear and out the other, even if his smile curves a bit more mischievously, before he does in fact take the offered hand to press a kiss to the back of it, withdrawing back into himself and his space as he repeats her name. “[say]Flora it is, then.[/say]” He hums, precisely at the time Isla marks her arrival (and well, Asta is thriving being surrounded by so many blondes).

Ignoring Danta again so he can chat with Flora, Asta turns his attention to Isla with that same grin of greeting. “[say]Isla, darling. So good to see you again.[/say]” Polite as always, as Asta steps off to the side, cutting a glance toward Danta that seems to say shut your trap, before nodding to Flora’s question.

The cane is set aside for the moment, though, rolling up his sleeves to look at the first order of business. He makes note of the different bins and proceeds to get started, collecting trash for the trash.

Asta starts picking up trash to put in the trash bin!

Giving an exaggerated shrug as he's ignored by the man who has become his shadow (and a big fat fuck you as well, Astaroth), Danta promptly gets to work and wrinkles his nose at Flora's remark. [say]"This would have been on my first order of business,"[/say] he says offhandedly - because it absolutely would have. [say]"Are you going to be hosting a grand re-opening once it's done?"[/say]

He hopes so, and not just because he got to fuck Hotaru in a broom cupboard last time.

Anyway.

Focusing more on the recyclables, given that he's had a little more experience parsing through what might be a keepsake in The Hanged Man compared to what is just trash, he heads to the appropriate bin to deposit anything of interest there.

Danta deals with recycling!

[say]"Hm?"[/say] Knowing the meaning behind Flora's apparent approval - but not understanding it in the slightest - Isla tilts her head between the queen and the gathered Ancients. [say]"We went shopping and had a lovely afternoon tea,"[/say] she informs her friend stiffly, though there's an unmistakeable hint of mischief in her blue eyes as she also gets to work.

Choosing trash given that she's got very little experience of what is important to a bar, Isla collects debris and deposits it in the bin provided. [say]"It's good to see you too,"[/say] she tells Astaroth. [say]"I hope you found your way to Stormbreak alright."[/say]

Once the trash bin is full, she conjures a lick of flame (a recent skill, one she's still bemused by) and sets the bin alight so they might make room for more trash.

Isla focuses on trash and uses her fire to burn down the debris so they can fit more in!

[say]"I hadn't even thought of that."[/say] Flora trills. [say]"But you know, I just might. I assume that means you'd come?"[/say] She wonders, glancing at Dantalion. Sure, he'd fucked her mother the last time this had happened, but so much drama had happened since, the Doubletake hardly remembered. (That was a lie, of course she remembered, she was just too bogged down in her own bullshit to really care about the Maverick haven't rejected her once upon a time).

[say]"Did you now?"[/say] She wonders, moving more toward where Isla was working if only so that she could gossip without having to whisper so drastically. [say]"So how do you really know him?"[/say] Flora wants to know as they begin to pick and choose what would stay and what would go.

As Isla lights the garbage on fire, thick black smoke billows upwards from the flaming trash, rendering the air nearby practically toxic. Pulling a squeamish face, Flora shifts away from the firey debris and toward the pile of new wood and other materials.

[say]"Okay so....I guess let's try and reinforce the floors and walls that survived. As for the area in the back...errr...be sure to make that extra secure."[/say]

Lets reinforce the flooring and walls which survived the initial destruction.

Trash collection goes well, and it’s with drifting nearer toward Isla initially that Asta is completely oblivious to the thought pattern between the two women, focusing on his task instead, so that when the medic speaks to him he’s all ears. “[say]It was lovely. Quite the selection, as you had said there would be.[/say]” Flashing her another too sharp grin, he’s content to watch the trash fire burn (not uncaring over the smell to be honest) yet soaks up the warmth, even as he drifts nearer to Danta.

Now he doesn’t ignore the Maverick, though he imagines much like a cat the blonde will swat him away, even as he towers over the majority here. “[say]As the tallest here, I shall focus on the walls.[/say]” He offers, brow lifting a little toward Danta as if to silently suggest he joins him because they’d have better reach, obviously.

Regardless of what Danta decides to do, he gets to work reinforcing the walls with the materials provided.

Asta focuses on reinforcing the walls!

[say]"It would be an honour to be invited,"[/say] Danta croons to Flora - because it would, and he'd absolutely attend. [say]"I'll even invite some high profile guests of my own, if you like."[/say] Does that mean you, Astaroth? Fuck around and find out.

Speaking of which, by the time he's satisfied that everything worth salvaging from the wreckage has been placed in the appropriate bin, he drifts over towards the fresh materials - which is right when a shadow falls across his form. [say]"Well that does only seem right, doesn't it?"[/say] he drawls, resisting the urge to accidentally smack the other man with a plank of wood.

[say]"Alright, let's see what's worth saving here."[/say]

Joining his fellow Ancient in using whatever materials are available to reinforce the walls, eventually Danta does direct them towards what was once the guild HQ, giving that some attention as well.

Danta also helps reinforce the walls, trying to focus on the back area as well!

[say]"That is how I really know him,"[/say] Isla protests, having offered Astaroth a sunny smile for his trouble as he assisted with the collection of the debris. [say]"Get your mind out of the gutter,"[/say] she adds with a playful laugh for Flora's benefit. Condensing the trash as much as possible with her fire, turning up the heat until it almost can't be contained within the bin Flora has provided, only then does Isla let the flames die down.

Given that the taller and manlier(?) of their group are dealing with the walls, that leaves Isla with the flooring, and she grabs a broom to sweep away the smaller amounts of dust and glass and debris to get a proper idea of what they are working with. [say]"It looks like a lot of the main floor survived,"[/say] she remarks - which is good, because fuck them if the foundations were ruined.

Isla works on the floors!

[say]"My mind isn't in the gutter."[/say] Flora argues, glancing over her shoulder where Danta and Asta are flirting chatting. [say]"I'd climb him like a tree."[/say] With rosy-cheeks and bright eyes, the queen turns back to the Remedy offering the older woman an imploring look. [say]"Okay, maybe you didn't, but would you?"[/say] Listen, if they're going to be doing physical work, why not spice things up with a bit of gossip? [say]"Just look at how he's dressed."[/say] Flora continues. [say]"Not like the idiots around here."[/say] By which of course she means Koa.

Following Isla in, the Doubletake moves the last few remaining boxes out from behind the bar (they contain alcohol, for later).

[say]"Okay, you two—"[/say] She's looking right at Asta and Danta. [say]"Why don't you go have a quick little look in the back room and just...y'know, make sure things are okay."[/say] Raising her eyes toward the Maverick, what Flora means to communicate are several things: He better be cool; check that the canal isn't blocked in the back; fix up the bar. What Danta would take her look to mean, she could only hope.

[say]"Let's look at this bar. I've never really liked the layout."[/say] Flora says to Isla, nodding her head and gesturing over toward the back of the tavern. [say]"I always feel so caged in behind here."[/say] She explains, gesturing to how the bar was just a rectangle coming out from the wall. [say]"Like, once I'm in, it feels like I'm in. Any ideas?"[/say]

What other high profile guests do you have, Danta?

Anyway, it’s a good thing Danta does resist the urge, with how far away the cane is from his hand to be able to retaliate. Instead, he just needs to be satisfied with the bite peeking out from his shoulder when he reaches to collect a board and some nails to reinforce the wall. Hopefully satisfactory enough, ignoring the chatter between Isla and Flora, and erring all the confidence in which he knows he may be the talk of the town.

Flora’s instructions have them stepping in deeper and it’s with a dark hum of approval that Asta realizes what exactly it’s for. “[say]Danta, darling, you didn’t tell me you had other prospects.[/say]” He drawls in a low hum, careful to ensure it’s only the Maverick’s ears that will hear them (that and because he’s nearly running into him as his shadow).

He’s brought some reinforcement materials just in case.

Asta helps reinforce the back rooms with Danta as his literal shadow.