Court of the Fallen
[SWE] Always be mine - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SWE] Always be mine (/showthread.php?tid=2718)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Always be mine - Jigano - 02-03-2020

The dragon had been staying mostly still as a carved statue, thirty feet of scales and neatly folded wings, only the tip of his tail twitching occasionally as he noticed people he recognized. Blue-opal eyes had been scanning the growing crowd in hopes of finding one person in particular though—

But then another found him first. He inclined his head in greeting, glad to see Libbs enjoying the festival, and he gave first a nod of his head and then a shake of it in answer to her questions. Well… he could speak, he just didn’t feel like it tonight.

He dipped his head down slowly to whuff Maea’s pale hair in silent greeting as she joined them--

And then Loren had to be a party crasher, and the dragon huffed a chilly sigh. Didn’t feel up for much conversation tonight, he sent back ruefully. Just wanted to give someone a gift and head out… I was hoping this shape might deter some of that. Clearly I miscalculated.

And then Libbs was reaching for the head he’d moved into range and Tarasha appeared for the rescue. The dragon crooned a greeting and then lowered his head to the Fae, turning it to offer the bag hooked over a curling horn.

Within was a windchime – or rather, a sunchime – made of colorful stones that would clack and ring together when the wind blew, and scatter sunlight from the crystals of quartz and other sparkling or gem-like minerals.

Gift obtained in: {SE} Life's a Beach

RE: Always be mine - Libbs - 02-03-2020

Libbs hand was knocked away. At first, she blinked, stunned, turning to look towards the fae with a bit of an annoyed glance. But after a moment, the expression softened, and Libbs seemed to shrink into her shoulders, looking a bit more morose then before. "Y'know.. I hadn't really thought about that. I'm sorry pretty dragon. I suppose I shoulda asked first." she apologized. She then looked to the fae, with a guilty smile. "Thank ya for pointin' it out. My name's Libbs."

After a moment, she'll admit, she felt a little too silly to approach the dragon now. And her frail ego wasn't keen to take more of a beating, even if deserved. So she leaned towards Maea and whispered. "I think I got my fill, but hey, if you see Jigs or Jata, can you send them my way? I got somethin' to give 'em."

With that, Libbs looked back behind her and started to move in that direction to see if she could find the twins again. After all, one of them was on her list of objectives today!

RE: Always be mine - Maea - 02-03-2020

Maea's eyes darted from Libbs to Loren, and widened at the healer's words. Her head snapped back to look at the dragon, at Jigano, and her slight trepidation at being approached by the massive creature turned into bright delight. For a moment she forgot all about their arguments and the ultimatums hovering between them, the tension melted away by sheer amazement. Her friend was a dragon. No wonder she liked him so much!

[say]"I didn't know it was you, Jigano!"[/say] she told him. [say]"Thank goodness Loren said something - "[/say] she began to rummage through her basket [say]" - or I would have missed you entirely. Here!"[/say] Producing a package of middling size, she held it out for him. It was carefully wrapped and clearly not originating from the Grounds. Upon opening it, Jigano would find a case, finely wrought from wood and ursur tusk, to resemble flowering vines. Within it lay a set of Ningo feather quills, simple yet elegant in their fashioning.

[say]"This is for you, Libbs."[/say] Handing over another parcel to the woman, Libbs would find a curious piece of jewelry within. It was hard to tell whether it was supposed to be a pendant, a bead or something to string hair through; currently it had been fashioned with a simple leather strip. the piece itself was also carved from bone, most likely another ursur tusk but it was harder to tell. Abstract in nature, it curved and curled in indistinct patterns - quite as chaotic and erratic as Libbs herself.

Then she became aware of the Fae that joined in with their little group, and Maea grew quiet. Eyes wide again as she took in Tarasha's slight stature - someone who was actually as small as herself! - and the wings. Beautiful, glorious wings.

---

Gifts procured here; {SE} Luften klar och ren

RE: Always be mine - Deimos - 02-04-2020

The Sword had zero expectations towards gifts extended to him – known to be bewildered and surprised if he was even remotely thought of. Too used to the decadence of shadows, isolation, and detachment from most, Helovian intervals still a sign in his blood, in his motions (despite having a gathering of family, friends, and loved ones here); as if he couldn’t quite shake off the notion he was worthy of receiving the artifacts at all. So he waited amongst and amidst the sounds and rounds of music, missing the movements and motions of the Ascended, lingering, haunting the backdrop, pondering if this was to be an event without catastrophe, or if the hours were simply biding their precious moments.

So the tap on his shoulder caused the slightest tilt of his head, glancing back over muscle, features not giving away his bewilderment at seeing Weaver behind him. He only arched his brow thereafter, turning towards her as she held out a dragonfly pendant – an offering to him, though clearly not for long. The curl of a smile etched his way along his mouth, a snort following soon after. [say]“Thank you.”[/say] There were enough women in his life that would likely appreciate the trinket, and he could handle the chain portion, immediately stoking finer links set to match the vibrant hues of the insect’s wings.

RE: Always be mine - Adam - 02-04-2020

The buffet did not disappoint and neither did the booze; combined with the various things he'd brought out with him to spice up the evening, Adam was beginning to feel very bubbly indeed. In a moment of sober clarity though, right as a breeze hit him coming from between the trees, he realised Peter absolutely was not going to be coming: He was in Halo, duh.

So he had a romantic little brooch and no boyfriend to give it to. Adam pulled the brooch from his pocket - small, heart shaped with gems and shells covering it's surface, making it shine and glimmer as it was tilted from side to side. It was rather obviously a trinket for a partner, not a friend. If he was going to give it to someone else, it had to be someone he wouldn't worry about leading on.

He looked up and saw Deimos taking a gift from Weaver. Well, it seemed like he was going to be doubly popular. Walking up to his friend (?) Adam held out the brooch with a wink. [say]"I made this, but the person I made it for isn't here, so...here. Try not to faint."[/say]

RE: Always be mine - Neron - 02-04-2020

Neron had been quietly minding his own business watching the party develop, keeping an eye out for Rexanna all the while. But it appeared that his twin was to be his date for tonight, and the Warden flashed Loren a crooked smile as he approached. [say]"Adoring sycophants and simpering women are not all they are cracked up to be, brother,"[/say] he whispered back at his twin, about to speak about his true purpose for being there when, lo and behold, a raven swooped down and dropped a note upon the table beside him.

[say]"I am not one to question things like this,"[/say] he commented, plucking up the parchment and unfolding it to read. His steel eyes lit up, and his smirk grew into a grin. [say]"Come on, Loren. We have somewhere better we might be,"[/say] he said, moving away from his spot by the table and tucking the parchment away. Glancing over his shoulder at his twin to make sure he was following, Neron headed back through the trees and into the darkness.

Neron (and Loren???) out!

RE: Always be mine - Loren - 02-04-2020

At Libbs' confusion, Loren just raised an eyebrow. As Jigano himself chimed in, the healer just smirked a little. [say]Seems like you might still be able to have your fun.[/say] A dark sort of amusement colored the thought. With that, he nodded before heading off to his brother.

[say]"I don't know. I'm starting to see the appeal in both."[/say] The words were wry and teasing. Of course, then the raven arrived and his twin practically glowed at whatever message it brought.

Grinning slightly at the sight, Loren gestured for Neron to lead the way. [say]"I'll be right behind you."[/say] With that, the healer made a slight detour to grab two bottles of alcohol. Hesitating, he finally grabbed a third in case his twin wanted some as well.

Then Loren followed the Warden through the trees to parts unknown.

Loren out!

RE: Always be mine - Kiada - 02-04-2020

She’s a bit later than anticipated, but she darts in above with Auni in tow. She’d rushed, though for no true apparent reason, boxes in hand as well as a few strapped around Auni’s pale body. His antlers glowing bright enough to guide her way to the lights set in the thick of the wildwoods. She’s breathless, but pleased to know she hasn’t missed too much.

Huffing a bit to catch her breath, she slips over toward Deimos with a bright grin, handing a box to him before dipping her head a small amount. “[say]One of my gifts was really small and Auni knocked it off a table and I lost it for a bit. Sorry I’m late.[/say]” She says, pausing at random intervals to catch her breath and let her icy gaze dance over Deimos, so full of light and happiness.

RE: Always be mine - Melita - 02-04-2020

Lighthearted foolery, despite the weapons bouncing against her back, was enough to keep any unease or apprehension from floating too distinctly in the balm of her movements. She turned and twisted with the music, humming pitches to match the assortments, until more and more people seemed keen to join the gathering, and she found herself watching for anyone familiar or friendly. She swallowed the faintest of sighs as Sunjata walked in with another individual (pale and ghostly; seen lurking along the bar and rooms, reminding Melita of wraiths and specters), shaking her head, incapable of understanding the way he meandered from one impulsive action to the other. Melita was impetuous, but not to such a degree.

He approached her anyway, and she watched him with a quirked brow, a devilish tint to her grin at his second statement. [say]“You really need to get your shit together,”[/say] she hastened with the broad, Cheshire smile, except she meant it wholeheartedly, with every ounce of her soul. She’d had trouble keeping track of certain individuals tracking and trekking their way through the bar and rooms lately – none of them Phoebe, or anyone else she thought she knew. But as he handed her a gift, she muttered several intangible, inaudible obscenities, finally ending with [say]“I’m tempted.”[/say] Instead of opening it though, she rummaged through her satchel, producing her own present for him, already hand-picked and selected from their swim along the Mathair. The blue stone rested easily in her hand, like ocean water, like rising tides, like sea foam and power, proffered and extended to him. [say]“I know it isn’t much,”[/say] and she shrugged, not wholly talented in regards to making or creating. She’d rather pummel and devastate. [say]“But don’t give it to a fling of the week.”[/say] Then the youth smiled once more, waiting for him to take the rock before proceeding into her own anointed bestowal.

RE: Always be mine - Deimos - 02-05-2020

If Weaver’s bestowal had been a shock, then Adam turning towards him with a heart-shaped brooch, gems and shells adorned, had been some other sensation of bewilderment. Instead of fainting (he couldn’t remember if he ever had), he blinked once or twice, thinking it was some weird mirage or hallucination, but each time the brooch was still there in Adam’s hand, extended towards him with a wink. His eyes narrowed suspiciously, as if there might be a trick or scheme aligned to it, and if he took it in his hands, he’d be immersed into some mischievous, devilish inclination. It was clearly meant for someone attached to Adam – like Peter – and instead of accepting it, he arched a brow. [say]“While I am thankful, why not save it for Peter?”[/say] Or, if this had to count for something, Deimos could always hold, safekeep it, for Adam until he found the other man.

Then Kiada appeared, saving him for the time being, a box within his hands an instant later. There was some bizarre aspect of being spoiled, of being tolerated and accepted again that made his chest tighten, so instead of reveling and sinking into those sensations, he smirked, snickering at her predicament, and then dug into his bag, her gift tucked under his arm for a moment, for her own bestowal. He didn’t wrap or hide it from view, the helmet in plain sight, made to match the armor he’d contorted and created for her earlier: antlers flaring out the back, embers singing along the sides, bronzed, lines down the middle for any decorative piece she wanted to convey. All of it poised and positioned together without him saying a word, waiting for her reaction before he opened his present.

RE: Always be mine - Libbs - 02-05-2020

As Libbs watched Neron and Loren disappear from sight, she groaned out into the air! Oh to hell with everyone! Do they not want to receive gifts? So far, she was zero out of three for her giftees, and she was a little miffed by it! Yeah, she was kind of a wild card in the grand scheme of things. She slammed one foot in the ground, turning to see that Maea had.. actually given her a gift?

"Huh?"

Libbs turned to Maea, tilting her head, and poking open the back, perhaps a bit impatiently as her plucking was disturbing the parchment that the gift was held in. As she pulled out the weird little trinket, Libbs gasped, a silly, delighted smile wrapping her face and body from head to toe. Her signature 'corgi dance' was beginning to start it's first few steps, at the tips of her toes.

"Oh, Maeaaaaaaa!" she grinned. "This is so sweeeeeeet! I should have made you a lighter. Maybe I will. This is perfect! I'mma put it on a chain and wear it every day! Okay, not EVERY day, I don't want it to break." Libbs grinned. "Can I just hug you!?" she asked.

RE: Always be mine - Sunjata - 02-05-2020

A bark of laughter is given toward Melita, a raise of his brow. “[say]So I’ve heard.[/say]” A knowing look before snorting and handing her the gift. “[say]It’d make quite the mess, though.[/say]” He winks to her, but waits before she opens it to accept the gift that she gives him – that vibrant, beautiful rock that he’d told her was his favorite. A grin forms along his face as he takes it into his hand like he had before, inspecting it with a better eye this time.

“[say]Mmm, no I think this one is certainly just for me.[/say]” He smirks to her, figuring out how he can make use of it that she might appreciate. But he holds it within his hand, clasped around it as he focuses on her gift – how when she opens it she’ll see those pearly stones he’d found with her like she’d found his gift with him, set into the hilts of a set of daggers – polished smooth and vibrant against the dark steel of the blade and the accents to make it stand out.

RE: Always be mine - Maea - 02-05-2020

[say]"Of course you can,"[/say] Maea laughed, and held out her arms for the bubbly girl so she could pull her into an embrace. She was pleased to see the reaction to her present. It was such a small thing, but apprently enough to cause intense joy, if the wriggling about was any indication.

After chatting for a while, Maea excused herself and made another round through the crowd, looking for familiar faces. She spotted Adam standing near Deimos, and went up to greet them all. Kiada too was a familiar face, and the pale girl smiled at all of them as she made her greetings, her fingers already digging into the basket to fish out the last little parcel.

[say]"Good thing I found you, Adam. This is for you."[/say] She handed him the gift. Within the emballage, he would find a carving of black bone, fashioned into a coiling snake. The craftsmanship was quite astonishing, with scales detailed out across the slithering back. It seemed meant to be worn as a ring, but it was quite possible to attach a chain or leather cord to turn it into a necklace instead, if that was preferred.

[say]"Will Peter be here tonight, do you think?"[/say] she asked him. [say]"I have something for him too, but I've not seen him around."[/say]

RE: Always be mine - Melita - 02-05-2020

Despite her feral grin, she didn’t want him to laugh it off. The girl yearned for him to believe it, for more than a second, to be more than a smoldering flame burning at both ends, idiotic and daft, stupidly rampaging his way through dramatic turns. She narrowed her eyes at him, at this moronic piece of work, tempted to ball her fist and throw it into his shoulder, but it wouldn’t have mattered. Easier to parse it all away on chuckles instead of looking underneath, peering into where he needed to lift himself out of these damned ethers. So a sigh followed and flickered, a shake of her head, uncertain if voicing her concerns would hold any weight, merit, or worth. If it would just hasten off into more stupidity, as if she said nothing at all. Get your head out of your ass, you idiot passed through her mind, but with so much uncertainty now, she didn’t give it any voice.

But then there were gifts, things she didn’t deserve, unwrapping, unfurling her parcel as Sunjata took the one she proffered, and in the wake of the monumental bestowal, hers seemed so minute, so insignificant. The pearls were instantly recognized, as if they’d both played one another in that realm, seeking out favored items while rummaging and pretending, but the set of daggers were something new, something wonderful. [say]“These are too lovely.”[/say] Maybe she shouldn’t accept them. Not after just giving him a simple rock.