Court of the Fallen
i just don't care that much - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: i just don't care that much (/showthread.php?tid=3108)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: i just don't care that much - Sunjata - 04-07-2020

The comment from Loren clearly has Sunjata not thinking he understands. Perhaps it’s due to how hard the alcohol is hitting now but Sunjata lifts his gaze to look at Loren with a raised brow. “[say]So what? When they’re older you explain why you are the way that you are. Apologize. Move on. Done.[/say]” The words tumble together, accent growing thicker. But as Loren downs the rest of the water, Sunjata downs the rest of his drink, pushing the glass away as he feels the pulse and hears Loren’s comment.

“[say]You just can’t come to my house.[/say]” A chuckle leaves him. “[say]I have a boxing ring in Haulani. Could just meet up there if you ever decide to slip away from your ice fortress.[/say]” He muses, running a hand through his hair. The alcohol begins to hit a bit harder now, gaze a bit glazed.

RE: i just don't care that much - Loren - 04-07-2020

Snorting, Loren gave Sunjata a wry look. [say]"Ah yes, because both of us are shining examples of how the past doesn't fuck us up as adults."[/say] Still, the healer sighed and ran a hand through his hair. [say]"You're right. I just...worry."[/say] The words came out in a chagrined tone.

Picking up an empty glass with telekinesis, he waved a hand over it and filled it with water. Placing it in front of the bartender, the Launceleyn raised his eyebrows. [say]"Drink up."[/say] He tapped a finger next to the glass.

Then though, his expression grew guilty. [say]"I've already gotten reprimanded for spending too much time abroad. Plus, you know, closed borders."[/say] He shook his head. [say]"It's fine. I...it's fine."[/say]

“[say]You own up to it and go from there. I don’t hide the fact I’m not exactly a shining example.[/say]” He rumbles a bit, echoing the summoner and yet not. “[say]Of course you’re gonna worry. That’s what you do, Loren.[/say]” It’s aimed as a joke but it comes off a bit harsh, though Sunjata doesn’t realize it. Still, he watches as the summoner places the water before him, telling him to drink up, and he looks from it to Loren, pointedly ignoring it.

“[say]Well I can’t exactly come and visit when the borders are closed, so.[/say]” He offers a bit unhelpfully, realizing that it’s likely going to have to be catching up by letters and the like. It doesn’t bother Sunjata any, but distantly he can tell it bothers Loren.

It was either laugh or say something he'd regret, so Loren laughed. [say]"Guess I can't be worse than my own parents."[/say] Snorting, he rolled his eyes. [say]"Yes, yes, I worry and let it blind me to reality and push people away. I am aware and working on the issue."[/say] His tone was self-deprecating, though he really didn't mind Sunjata's characterization of the healer.

Nodding, he jerked his chin at the cup, expression stern. When the bartender commented about the border, the Launceleyn pressed his lips together. [say]"I know. It is what it is."[/say] He shrugged, looking away from the other man. [say]"There just aren't a lot of people in Halo I can...talk to."[/say]

He gives Loren an amused look. “[say]See. I am also working on stuff.[/say]” A smirk curls along his lips to that. “[say]I get too scared when people say they love me and push them away. I’m mostly successful most of the time.[/say]” A shrug to that drunken jumble before Loren’s nodding at the water and Sunjata glances back to it before sitting back and ignoring it again. He doesn’t care how stern Loren tries to get about it, it’s literally the last thing he wants right now. In fact, his knee bumps the table and sends the glass of water wiggling on the table threatening to fall.

But the confession from Loren has a small smile returning to his face. “[say]You gotta find Halo people to unload on. Or someone willing to come and stay with you to call you on your bullshit.[/say]” He tears his gaze away from Loren to scan the bar for a familiar tall and raven haired man. “[say]Kinda like I have with Nate.[/say]”

Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren gave Sunjata an amused look. [say]"Pushing people away is working or your self-improvement is working?"[/say] Despite the wry tone in the healer's voice, he was gently concerned. And more than a bit curious.

As the bartender once again refused the water, and actually threatened to let it spill, though, the Launceleyn's eyes narrowed. He steadied the glass with his telekinesis. Then he used his water magic to flick some droplets at the other man.

When Sunjata told Loren to find reliable people in Halo he sighed. [say]"I know. And I...have some friends here. They're just busy too, and often out hunting."[/say] His cheeks flushed a bit at the mention of Nate. [say]"And the person I've mostly been seeing in that way has a life in the Hollowed Ground. And I...am afraid to let them in. Or ask them if they'd, you know..."[/say] The Launceleyn waved a hand vaguely in the air.

Running  hand through his hair, he smiled tentatively. [say]"I'm glad you have people though."[/say] It came out in a slightly forlorn tone, but he genuinely meant that.

“[say]Bit of both. Remember, I have to have a bigger prick in my life to get me to let them stay.[/say]” He winks to Loren before sighing and focusing on the water glass as it nearly toppled and Loren rights it, flickering some water toward him that unsteady tattooed arms come up to block out. “[say]Hey that’s a bit uncalled for.[/say]” He nearly whines, moving in his seat a small amount.

Loren continues and Sunjata listens with a bit of interest, before pushing away from the table to stand. “[say]So I dunno, go hunt with them?[/say]” He pauses to grab Loren’s arm and tug him along with him toward the entrance of the bar. He’s going to have a cigarette regardless. “[say]Who is it? Isn’t it better to get it out in the open before? Learn if you’re compatible?[/say]” He suggests, voice slurring a small amount as he leans against the door frame of the entrance, looking over and down at Loren with a raise of his brow.

“[say]Actually. Wait. Didn’t you get into a fight with me about it when I married Phoebe? About how I’d up and leave for the ocean when she had a life in the Grounds?[/say]” A shrug is granted at that, waiting for a response.

Humming in agreement, Loren rolled his eyes as Sunjata blocked the water. The healer mercilessly sent more droplets towards the bartender. [say]"Suck it up and drink your water or else I keep splashing you."[/say] Speaking in an authoritative tone, the Launceleyn raised his eyebrows at the other man.

[say]"I can't. Have to be available in case of emergencies, and it's nearly impossible to find someone out on the Tundra."[/say] Loren's voice came out in an unhappy grumble.

As Sunjata pulled the healer towards the exit, he rose up without protest. Sighing as the bartender understandably asked about the Launceleyn's relationship, he ran a hand through his hair. [say]"You're going to have a field day with this one."[/say] Hesitating for just a moment, he looked away. [say]'It's Sam."[/say] Tensing a bit at what he was sure was going to be an awkward conversation, he slipped out of the other man's grip.

The spite wedding earned another roll of Loren's eyes. [say]"Which you did. Granted, I had a lot more issues with that particular union."[/say] His tone was lightly teasing.

However, his expression faltered and he grimaced. Rubbing a nervous palm against his thigh, he shrugged. [say]"I told him I wasn't ready for another relationship, I just wanted something casual to help me get over...Abasi."[/say] The name still hurt to say and he swallowed hard. [say]"Which was true. Then. Now...I don't know."[/say] He sighed, leaning against the doorframe as well.

“[say]No.[/say]” Sunjata says simply, pushing up from the table to tug Loren along. He listens at the explanation, shrugging slightly. “[say]So find people to cover for you or train ‘em to?[/say]” There's a shrug to that, options and routes for Loren to take.

But he absolutely stills when Loren tells him who it is, and a loud snicker leaves him, uncharacteristic of him. “[say]No fucking way.[/say]” He smirks. “[say]He tried to sleep with me, I think. At the bar. I said no.[/say]” A wiggle of his eyebrows to that before he snorts and shakes his head, smirk remaining. “[say]Honestly… I dunno, it makes sense. I don’t… well, the wedding was shit but Nate and I — I guess we made it so you and Sam could have a time.[/say]” Another chuckle leaves him.

But Loren speaks again and Sunjata shivers a moment against the cold, realizing he’d forgotten a jacket. “[say]Look, I mean. If you feel different now then just tell him. You told me to do that with Maea.[/say]” He shrugs, pulling out another cigarette and keeping it tight between his fingers so Loren can’t steal it away. “[say]You either do or don’t. Do it before it’s too late... alla that.[/say]”

Sunjata's refusal was met with another set of flicked droplets. As Loren was tugged away, he brought the water in the cup with him. [say]"I'm working on it. It's hard to train people in medicine, especially when we don't have supplies to spare."[/say] Still, he setn a pulse of acknowledgement to the bartender.

[say]"Yeah, yeah, laugh away."[/say] At the revelation that Sam tried to sleep with the panther, the healer just snorted. [say]"I'm sorry, what?"[/say] When the other man actually tried to say this had all worked out for the best, though, the Launceleyn poked Sunjata in the chest. [say]"If you're trying to justify your infidelity, sorry, not buying it. I'm your friend and even I think that's bullshit."[/say] Loren let out a huff of laughter.

Crossing his arms, he bit his lip. [say]"Last time I saw him I had to tell him I slept with Nate."[/say] Kind of, but he'd gotten close enough. He made no attempt to hide it or look guilty, seeing as the bartender had talked about his own almost tryst with Sam. However, the healer nodded slowly. [say]"I know. I will. Just...gotta find the time for it."[/say]

RE: i just don't care that much - Nate - 04-07-2020

Really, he had only let himself get distracted for a moment. Some nonsense conversation, and then he was looking up to the spot where Sunjata had been talking to Loren, a collection of empty glasses and a coat sitting there instead. With an ever so patient roll of his eyes, Nate gathers the coat, and steps out into the frigid street, coming across the two men almost immediately. Well, it was nice that it was easy at least.

[say]”Forget something, dikbek?”[/say] He rumbles, setting the coat, and an arm around Sunjatas shoulders. The Korofi word is still a little awkward on his tongue, but it has the advantage of being the one he says most. [say]”Loren. Good to see you.”[/say] The greeting is accompanied by a wink, though really this is not a conversation he had wanted to get in the middle of.

It’s a fair enough response that Sunjata lets it drop in favor for the best set of amusement. The cigarette is lifted, lit, and he inhales it deeply as he focuses on Loren’s words. “[say]It is bullshit.[/say]” Sunjata agrees easily with a shrug. “[say]But yeah no, he came to the bar and tried to pick me up. I don’t remember when… right after the wedding ended? I once I got the bar running again.[/say]” He hums somewhat to that, before the door is opening to the bar and a very familiar and handsome face appears.

Loren’s words are mulled over as Nate extends the jacket, Sunjata slipping it on with some difficulty. “[say]Speaking of the devil.[/say]” He rumbles, a smoky smirk granted to Nate as an arm wraps around the Ascended’s side, squeezing tight. His steel gaze focuses on Loren then with a shit eating grin. “[say]Wait, wait. Were you the source of the ice?[/say]” His head tilts, shifting a small amount to glance to Nate with some conspirators smirk, amusement abound between both attuneds.

Snorting when Sunjata admitted it was bullshit, Loren shrugged as the bartender explained what had happened with Sam. Frankly, the healer didn't care when or what had happened. [say]"Considering all the people I've slept with, or tried to sleep with,"[/say] he gestured at the other man, [say]"I can hardly fault him for that."[/say] The Launceleyn smirked a bit. [say]"Might question your taste though."[/say] Which, given that they'd slept with almost all the same people, was the height of irony.

As Nate appeared, Loren moved a bit aside to make room for the doctor. [say]"Oh, so you admit he's the devil?"[/say] The joke fell a bit flat, and the healer found himself nervously rubbing his hands together. [say]"Hey Nate."[/say] As Sunjata asked about the ice, the Launceleyn's brow furrowed in confusion. [say]"I have no idea what you're talking about."[/say]

Then he shook his head slightly. [say]"Doesn't matter. Can you get him to drink some water before he passes out?"[/say] Loren jerked his chin at the bartender, indicating that it was now the doctor's job to take care of him.

RE: i just don't care that much - Nate - 04-08-2020

Nate seemed to not notice the nerves of the Launceleyn, merely glancing sidelong at Sunjata, an amused smirk on his face. [say]"Devil, huh? What're you saying about me?"[/say] He reached out to take the smoke from between the attuned's fingers, patting until he found the lighter and lit it for himself. [say]"Ice?"[/say] It was clear he was just as confused as Loren for a moment, before it clicked and a chuckle left him. He hadn't realized they were joking about it yet, though it might just be the drink [say]"Yea, actually, I think it was Loren. Fuck, I should thank you."[/say]

The water did seem like a good idea though, and Nate nodded his agreement. [say]"When we go inside, yea. Doctor's orders, right?"[/say] Another light chuckle left Nate, his hand squeezing Sunjata's shoulder. [say]"Why're you out here anyway?"[/say]