Court of the Fallen
I'll sweep the stardust for you - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: I'll sweep the stardust for you (/showthread.php?tid=5313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: I'll sweep the stardust for you - Maeve - 04-01-2021

He doesn't apologize plainly. There is no 'I'm sorry' that comes from his lips, but she knows he's thinking it with that smile he gives and the way his touch is oh so light against her skin. Maeve shakes her head, giving him a small smile back, [say]"I don't mind marks. I actually rather like them."[/say] She admits, a huff of a laugh catching in her throat as she snuggles close to him and he lets her, sharing his warmth with her without complaint. Maeve hums softly, her own fingers running lightly over his back, trailing along his spine as he speaks of Longheat.

[say]"I've been told I run cold. My hands are always freezing. Sometimes Longheat feels like the only time I can get warm."[/say] She responds in kind, lifting her cheek from its resting place when he begins to guide her back towards the shower. Maeve doesn't bother watching her step, trusting him to keep her going in the right direction or from slipping. Which is exactly what he does until they're stepping into the shower, steam billowing around them and making the air thick. Maeve lets him unwrap one of her arms and she extends it until the tips of her fingers can test the water. It's perfect and finally she steps under the spray, her back still pressed against his chest. Maeve closes her eyes, head tilting back as she groans, the water already begining to work on her sore muscles. [say]"I needed this."[/say]

Whether she's referring to the night as a whole or the shower is unclear, but she lets the water warm her skin and wash away the day. Maeve invites him to keep touching her, drawing one of his hands along her skin before hers continue their own path.

RE: I'll sweep the stardust for you - Sunjata - 04-01-2021

“[say]Ah, then that’s a relief.[/say]” He hums in jest, pulling her closer to him to take her into the shower, to test the water in case it’s too hot. Her quip about running cold has him snorting, running his hands along her sides a bit more as if testing the theory. “[say]You seem warm enough to me.[/say]” He assures her, flashing a small smirk, as he pulls them into the water, allowing her to go first.

Her back remains pressed against him as the water runs along her skin, and Sunjata remains close with how she pulls his hand along her skin, as if it might soothe her sore muscles. So of course he can help with that, both hands running along her skin before he pauses to take some of the soap — figuring he might as well get her started with that part so that she could enjoy the warmth of the shower itself. “[say]Showers do tend to make most things better, I have found.[/say]” He agrees offhandedly, distracted as he takes the soap into his hands and begins to run it along her skin, smoothing out over her tattoo as his hand swipes along her stomach to give her some soap there to take.

His other hand collects some as well, running along her shoulder where his fingers dance over the red marks left behind, ones that would surely darken, though he says nothing as the soap glides along her.

She rolls her eyes at him, huffing out a soft laugh, [say]"Of course I'm warm right now. I've been stealing all of your body heat."[/say] Maeve quips back, reaching up to run her hands through her hair, pushing it back from her face as he starts to runs his hands over her body, fingers tracing each little line and divot. She sighs, drawing in a deep breath and letting it out slowly as he grabs the soap to begin working it over her skin.

That smoky sandalwood scent mixes with the steam of the shower, swirling around him and she hums at the scent, eyes closing. Her own hands begin trailing over her skin, spreading silky suds over her tummy and breasts while he works on her neck and shoulders. If she wasn't relaxed before, that's definitely changing now. [say]"I thin I can agree with you there. I also rather love baths. I'm admittedly a touch jealous of your tub."[/say] Maeve laughs softly, the sound echoing off of the tiles just enough to bounce back at them.

Once her skin has been sufficiently cleaned, Maeve turns to rinse off slowly, stepping back enough that he can move under the spray too. Once he's sufficiently doused, Maeve collects soap in her own hands and starts with his chest, building up a lather that she smooths over his torso. Her thumbs press into any tightness she finds, working it out of his muscles as she gazes up at him.

A hum of a laugh leaves him at her retort, shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug. It was true, she has been stealing his warmth for a while now. So he lets that conversation die in favor for running the soap along her skin, along her neck and shoulders, mind torn between here and everything else that has happened in the last few weeks. Her comment of his tub has him smirking lightly, head tilting back a fraction as he considers it. “[say]It’s a soaking tub. I have two of them.[/say]” He murmurs as she steps away to rinse off and he follows suit shortly after.

The water runs along his head, dripping along his horns and pooling in the ridges and curves, before it finally begins to run down his body. “[say]Helps to relax if ever given a chance to.[/say]” Which was partially why they’d ensured one was on this side of the home, given that it was the business sector.

After a moment, though, his gaze lifts to watch her run the soap along Safrin’s tattoo, as he also runs the soap along his neck and shoulders, hissing slightly each time his hand runs over the marks left behind from her. His muscles are taut and tense as Maeve would soon find out, and it would take likely a lot of work before the knots ran out. For the moment, though, it feels nice and he relishes in it, running some of the soap through his hair and horns before tilting his chin back into the stream of the shower to rinse himself off.

[say]"Now you're just showing off."[/say] Maeve huffs in response even as her eyes shine mischievously as she glances up at him, tilting her head back to quickly lather up the locks before rinsing the suds out. They swirl down the drain, swept away by the shower spray as it runs over their bodies. [say]"Something I take it you don't do all that often?"[/say]

She asks as her hands starts to work the soap over his skin. The knots are wound tight, almost as if he set stones beneath his skin and her brows knit together as she works. Maeve does manage to get a few to let loose, her fingers deftly working the knots until they give. Once she's satisfied with her work on his body she pulls back so she can wash her face free of makeup. It only takes her a few minutes before she's bare faced and smelling of sandalwood, drifting back into his space. Her arms wrap back around him and she presses a kiss to his chest, coming to rest there as the water runs over their entwined bodies.

[say]"This is nice.."[/say] Maeve murmurs softly, eyes closed as her fingers trace absentmindedly across his skin, following the rivulets of water that cascade down the planes of his back. She draws in a deep breath, letting her own body ease further as she relaxes against him.

“[say]Ach, not for lack of trying.[/say]” He rumbles, head tilted back to run the water through his hair and horns to get the soap out, before he’s pinching the bridge of his nose to pull away the water that’s scattered across his skin. She continues to work at the tense muscles, and she makes a fraction of progress, almost enough to make his shoulders droop. He steps back to finish running the soap along himself and rinsing off while she washes her face, and when he finally gets rid of the soap, she’s back, pressed against him and his arms fall around her small frame easily.

It is nice, all things considered, Sunjata exhaling a long slow breath as if to steady himself from everything of the day – the exhaustion from earlier, the alcohol, her. And when he lowers his gaze back down to her, his hands run along her back and her side, traveling up so that he might take her wet hair and pull it to the side, so that he can run his fingertips along the top of her shoulder. “[say]It is.[/say]” He agrees, a bit distractedly while he focuses on her and the next steps they’re to take.

Most notably, where the fuck they’re sleeping. It won’t be his bed, he knows that for a fact, still having not slept there since he’d told Nate and Hotaru – even after both of them have left. There were beds that could be used, but Sunjata’s become accustomed to sleeping in the nest he and Haai have made on the floor most nights. He finds it difficult to think of the plush comfort of a bed at this moment.

But he’s become distracted, his hand idly running along her skin as he gets lost in his thoughts again.

They stay like that for a bit. His fingers trailing over her skin lightly as she rests against his chest, tracing he lines of his tattoos absentmindedly. It's only when the water starts to go cold and he doesn't move that she lifts her head. He's not looking at her. Instead his eyes are trained on a spot beyond her, unfocused as his jaw twitches with the way he keeps clenching it. That won't do at all. She just got him relaxed and now he's tangling himself up in knots all over again.

Maeve reaches up, taking his face between her hands and tugging him down as she raises up on her tip toes, pressing a kiss to his lips. It isn't as heated as before. Almost soft if not for the nip she gives his bottom lip in reprimand. Her lips are insistent, kissing him until he's focusing on her again. Until his hands are grasping her hips instead of just resting there. Maeve draws back, a flush on her cheeks as she looks up at him from beneath her lashes. [say]"You're getting in your head again, Jata. Let it be for tonight, okay? Just be here."[/say] She murmurs gently, eyes soft and full of understanding as she gazes up at him.

[say]"Let's get dried off. If I remember correctly you have a crackling fire downstairs and I'd rather like to lay in front of it."[/say] She makes the decision for him, not allowing him to lull and linger in those feelings that surround going to bed. They don't have to be in a bed. There are plenty of blankets in this house. They can make a bed of their own as far as she's concerned.

He’s lost in his thoughts again, focusing intently on something else. It’s only when her hands reach his cheeks and tug him down to her that he pulls his mind back to the present, automatically giving into the kiss until she nips his lower lip and pulls away, his hands drifting down to rest at her hips as his gaze focuses on her more fully now. “[say]Sorry.[/say]” He rumbles, trying to push away the lingering thoughts. He’s almost grateful for her quick decision, keeping one hand on her as he goes to turn the water off and lets a few brushes of the warm air hit him before he’s nodding in agreement with her.

“[say]Yes. That sounds nice.[/say]” He pauses, muscles feathering in his jaw before he takes a deep breath and moves to step out of the shower, offering her a towel before he takes one for himself, pulling away the horn partial shift so that it’s just him drying off, running the towel across his skin. It doesn’t take too long and he heads for the small makeshift closet within, pulling out some clean clothes, as well as a shirt for her to wear should she wish to.

He sets it down before his gaze flickers to look back at her and offers a half smile. “[say]This might be more comfortable to sleep in.[/say]” He explains offhandedly.

He doesn't need to apologize. She knows that it's hard for him. That there is so much going on in his life that it's impossible to shut it all out. Even if he might want to. So Maeve tries her best to keep him with her instead. Maeve offers a soft smile in return, thumb stroking over his cheek, [say]"It's okay.[/say] She murmurs in return, waiting for him to move before following him. He passes her a towel and she wraps it around her slim form, drying herself off carefully and only wincing a few times as she passes over bruises a bit too roughly. Her hair is already starting to curl once she gets some of the water out, but she finishes up just as he's offering her a shirt to put on.

[say]"I don't mind sleeping naked, but perhaps a shirt would be best."[/say] Maeve quips, grinning back at him easily. Especially if they were going to be out in the open. The last thing they would need is for Kamaria to wander downstairs and find a naked woman curled up with her father. Maeve pulls on the shirt, letting the soft fabric fall into place. It absolutely swims on her, hanging past midthigh even when she lifts her arms above her head. The fabric is nice against her skin and it smells like him. Maeve runs her fingers through her hair, brushing it out just a bit before she's looking at him again. [say]"Just need to grab a few more blankets. I'm sure we can make something rather comfortable, don't you think?"[/say]

She assures him that it’s okay, and he tries his hardest to pull his thoughts back to the current events. She makes it easier, someone else to talk with, should he actually try to voice any thoughts – but for the moment, he’s spent, dancing between drawing into himself and letting go. He dries himself off, slips into a shirt and a pair of shorts, finding a small smile tug to his face at the grin she gives him. “[say]I’d rather not have to explain.[/say]” He isn’t sure what Kamaria would think, but it certainly isn’t something he wants to find out.

So he tugs on his clothes and slips back to her side, piling the towels in a space to be dealt with later, before he’s placing an arm around her back to guide her out of the bathroom back toward the living room. “[say]Those can be grabbed easily.[/say]” He hums to her, making their way down the stairs back toward the living room where they’d left it a bit of a mess, but he pauses to open one of the closets to grab a few more blankets, offering one of the larger furs for her. “[say]I’m a bit of a nester, for obvious reasons, might be better if you have a set for yourself.[/say]” He flashes her a slightly more open smile, trying to relax a bit more.

RE: I'll sweep the stardust for you - Maeve - 04-02-2021

[say]"I'm right there with you. Oh, hi Kamaria.. Don't mind me. Just having a cuddle party with your dad."[/say] She snorts out a laugh, shaking her head as she feigns a wince, [say]"Yeah, not on my list of things to do."[/say] Maeve returns his grin, giving herself one last look in the mirror before he's wrapping his arm back around her tiny form and ushering her from the room. Her bare feet hardly make a sound against the floor as they slip back down to the living room. The fire has died down, but still crackles in the hearth, casting the room in a warm glow. Her clothes are scattered across the floor by the couch and she takes a moment to quickly fold them before joining him.

Her fingers sink into the fur he offers, bundling it up in her arms, [say]"Then make me a nest, beastie. I'm ready to cuddle."[/say] She hums, tossing him an easy wink and wrapping the fur around her shoulders as she lingers near the fire. Maeve lets him make their palette, watching as he spreads blankets and furs out in front of the fire place, building them quite the nest. Only when he seems to have finished does she approach.

RE: I'll sweep the stardust for you - Sunjata - 04-02-2021

A huff of a laugh leaves him at her comment, an agreement made as he ushers her out toward the living room again, down the stars, and departs her side to reach the closet. Blankets are pulled, one of the furs handed to her before he’s stepping over toward the space before the fireplace, spreading out a few of the others, dipping into that dragon and avian side of his soul that’s content making a space that’s safe. Haai has already nestled in her own upstairs, and Sunjata focuses on trying to perfect this one without the griffin’s help.

He doesn’t do too poorly at it, all things considered, and he reaches over to tug some of the pillows left on the couch back down to the little makeshift nest. And when he’s done, he sits back on his heels, hands on his thighs as he lifts his gaze to her. “[say]Well, not my best, but it should do.[/say]” He offers with a shrug of his shoulders, before he’s extending his lightning scarred hand to her to help her in. “[say]I’ve, uh, I haven’t really slept as this in a while.[/say]” He admits with an almost awkward dip of his head.

“[say]So if there’s blue feathers in the bed when you wake up, well, I’ve warned you.[/say]” He tries to recover, pasting on a swift and almost believable smile.

RE: I'll sweep the stardust for you - Maeve - 04-02-2021

[say]"It looks more than suitable to me."[/say] She has no doubt that it'll be comfortable. Especially considering she will likely be laying on him for the most part. Maeve slips her small hand into his, fingers curling in their grip as she steps into the nest, sinking to her knees. Her eyes are soft as she looks at him, reaching up to cup his cheek lightly, [say]"That's okay... We'll just get comfortable and go from there, yeah?"[/say] She murmurs, giving him a reassuring smile before she's urging him to lay down with a gentle push against his chest. Once he's on his back, she moves beside him, curling up against his side, tangling her legs with his instantly as she brings the blanket up over the both of them.

Maeve nuzzles against his throat, pressing a soft kiss there as her head rests against his shoulder, [say]"Lucky for you I look good in blue too."[/say] She quips back, sighing as she gets comfortable. Her arm wraps around his waist, thumb brushing against his ribs as she snuggles close. Maeve stifles a yawn, limbs already growing loose and heavy with exhaustion as she drapes herself over him. The fire warm as it crackles against her back. [say]"Don't worry about it, Jata... I'm not here to judge."[/say]

RE: I'll sweep the stardust for you - Sunjata - 04-02-2021

Well, he’d certainly tried to cover it up. It hadn’t worked as well as he’d thought it would as she takes his hand and nestles into the blankets. His steel gaze lifts to meet hers when she cups his cheek, pulling away so he can nod to her. It doesn’t take much convincing from her for him to crawl into the blankets himself, his body warm and absolutely a furnace underneath the blankets as she wraps herself around him, as he nestles in and tries to get comfortable.

It’s a challenge. Even with her playful quips of blues and feathers, of not needing to worry about it because she wouldn’t judge. It wasn’t entirely that, really, it was the prospect of sleeping at all. Exhaustion lined heavily in his bones which typically meant a bad nights sleep. And he hasn’t exactly slept beside anyone that didn’t know that part of him before hand – if he had, he was gone before he could wake them.

But it was his home, and he’s tense, pulling away from the conversation slightly to check in with Haai to ensure his daughter is fine upstairs, and when he gets the confirmation, he tries to nestle in, pulling her closer against his chest, lifting his free hand to rest behind his head as he takes a deep breath. “[say]Thanks Maeve. I… Appreciate it.[/say]” He finally manages, his attention focused on the ceiling and not the kiss pressed to his neck, wondering which nightmare would plague him tonight.