I'll sweep the stardust for you
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Mature Content Warning 
Maeve

Maeve takes a breath as she pauses at the end of the path leading up to the governor's home. She stares at the dark wooden door, seeming so close and yet so far at the same time. Her hand smooths over the skirt of her dress and she adjusts the corset that hugs her waist snugly, pushing up her scant cleavage. Maeve pushes forward towards the door, grip tightening on the covered basket she picked just for this occasion. Inside are various gifts for father and child to be alike, covered with a soft purple satin, hiding away the contents of the basket.

He never did check in with her. She hadn't fully expected him too, but she was hoping that the governor would at least have sent a letter. Maeve is sure that he's busy. That it's merely slipped his mind to follow up. Not that he owes her, but she was still hoping for something.

She approaches the door, raising her hand to knock lightly on the wood, waiting patiently for his answer while her stomach twists nervously. She doesn't know where they stand. What they are. Not that they really are anything except friends. Friends with an attraction that neither is pursuing out of respect for the situation. Ronin's words sound in her mind. The warning he gave her. 'He's a delicate soul, Maeve. You be careful with him, you hear?' She likes to think she has been careful. Careful and thoughtful and patient.

So it is with bated breath that she waits for him to answer the door and save her from her racing heart
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
but am i too late? or hearts to your spades,
if i don't suit you? then what do you want from me?
There had been a few moments where Sunjata has been able to reflect on his conversation with Vervain. That things take time and he simply needs to be patient, that Nate would come home at some point and they could start to repair what was broken between them. And the more time that went on, it grew a fraction easier.

Pair that, of course, with the never ending amount of time spent with his daughter (not that he was complaining), but gods did five year olds have a ridiculous amount of energy that he could not in his wildest dreams ever hope to compete with.

He’s finally gotten Kamaria down to sleep upstairs, poured himself a drink of some type of mead, and sat on the couch before the fireplace with a spread of papers before him, Haai sacked out on the couch beside him — ever the dutiful babysitter. And then there were the three kittens, lounging around chasing after some moth that had managed to get in through one of the doors.

Exhaustion lines his bones when the knock occurs on the door, Sunjata pausing and wondering if perhaps he should pretend to not be home — but he also doesn’t know who it is. And so it’s with a hint of trepidation and annoyance that the Flood moves to answer the door.

It’s opened a fraction at first, until he sees who it is, before he opens it further and tries to see if anyone else has accompanied her. And when there’s nobody there but the swaying winds through the dune grasses, Sunjata’s gaze lands back on Maeve. “Hello Maeve.” He greets her as he spies the basket in her hands. “Come in.” He wasn’t expecting company, that much is certain as he steps aside to let her in — a cozy bottom floor living room that’s decorated with blankets and rich wood, a large kitchen that was Nate’s domain, and a roaring fireplace in front of the set of couches and chairs. “Did something happen?” He asks, wondering if she’s arrived to inform him of something he’s missed while being cooped up at home, closing and locking the door because he has to, out of habit now.
so we're not written in the stars,
but i'm okay with that. i'm okay with anything
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

He looks tired. Instantly her brows knit together in concern, but he's inviting her in before she has a chance to ask him if something else happened. If something was wrong. Maeve steps inside, licking her lips as she takes a slow look around. It's warm inside. It feels like a home. Much more spacious than her small apartment above the Halenani by a long shot. "Sorry... I know it's a bit late." She had been working, managing the girls for the last few days of service before the monsoons arrive properly. They're not far off and with their arrival comes a higher amount of anxiety for the Madame.

"No.. no.. nothing happened. I just-" Maeve suddenly feels a bit self conscious, still dressed from work with a basket clutched in her hands. "I wanted to bring you this." She lifts the basket slightly before stepping further into the living room towards the crackling fire. It pours warmth into the living room and she gravitates towards it like a moth to the flame. The chill on her skin is slowly chased away as Maeve turns to set the basket on the arm of the couch. "You never checked in... I wanted to make sure you were okay." She offers softly, a small smile tugging on the corners of her still painted lips as she turns to look at him. The skirt of her dress swishes softly and her heels click against the wooden floors.
Poor little girl
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
It’s fine.” He assures her quickly, stepping aside to let her in, casting his gaze over her to make sure she’s fine, even as it lingers on the basket she’s brought. He ensures the door is locked, before he rounds his way to the basket, peering at the purple cloth that covers it, his head tilting a bit avian-like in his intrigue.

Would you like something to drink?” He asks her instead of asking what’s in it, stepping past her and over toward the kitchen to grab the bottle of mead again, as well as another glass just in case. He fills one for her, before he pours more in his glass and rounds back over to the couch, giving her time to sit and get comfortable.

Eyeing the basket again, his gaze lifts to her after a long moment. “Mm, I’m alright. Safrin brought my daughter to me a few days ago. Her name’s Kamaria.” He informs her perhaps a bit bluntly, but his eloquence is gone for the moment.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His reassurance does plenty to soothe her worries that she's intruding and a tension she was holding in her shoulders eases. Maeve watches him move through the space and she's struck by how much more comfortable he seems here. Hidden away with no prying eyes to watch his every move or ears to listen for everything he says to twist for their benefit later. Her eyes trail over his tall form, looking him over herself, much as he did her, to make sure nothing is amiss besides the exhaustion that seems to cling to his form. He always seems so tired and worn down. Again Maeve finds herself longing to be able to take some of it from him, but not knowing how.

"Oh.. Yes, please. Whatever you're having is fine." She murmurs, keeping her voice low as to not to disturb the quiet that has settled over the home. "Do you mind if I take my shoes off? Walking all the way here in heels perhaps wasn't my best idea." Maeve waits for his confirmation before perching herself on the edge of the couch by her basket and carefully undoing the laces of her heeled boots. She gets them off and places them together, tucking the shoes beneath the small coffee table as to not have them in the way.

Relief washes over her to hear his confirmation that he is, in fact, alright. Except he delivers further information that has her blinking in surprise. Already? Given that Safrin is a goddess it shouldn't be all that surprising, but it seems like it wasn't that long ago that he was confiding in her what happened. Her lips part and it takes her a moment to find her words, "My... I'm sure you weren't expecting her so soon." She carefully takes up the glass he poured for her, taking a slow sip and humming at the sweet taste as it washes over her tongue. "Kamaria is a lovely name. I imagine you've had your hands full then?"

She gently sets her glass on the table, turning to grab the basket instead and extending it to him, "I was expecting to deliver this before she arrived, but I hope you still find use for it anyway." Maeve passes him the basket, waiting nervously for him to open it. She debated doing this. Unsure if it was too much or if she was overstepping, but in the end the decision to make the basket won out. Inside he'll find a variety of things. A small Starwhale plush, a fine bottle of whiskey, a fine silver brush set with Abalone shell, and a small music box all nestled on top of a inky blue blanket with silver stars embroidered into the fabric. The stars were handstitched by Maeve herself. Something she started working on once Sunjata gave her the news.

The music box, when wound up, plays a gentle lullaby. One that Maeve will happily teach the Flood should he be so inclined to learn it. However, something lays inside that box as well. Two bracelets adorned with beads of sea glass in blue and black. Clearly intended for father and daughter. "I hope it isn't too much..." Maeve murmurs, glancing up at him from beneath her lashes as she clasps her hands in her lap.
Poor little girl
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Mead it is, then, which is good seeing as he’s already pouring it. “Please do.” He offers her, giving her the okay to get comfortable in his home. After all, this wasn’t the government wing, this side of the house was his home, and he certainly intended on relaxing and letting go of the stress of everything day after day. Especially with monsoon season right around the corner.

But he has enough to worry about that he tries to take it one step at a time.

He spies the surprise on her face as he sinks down into the couch, stretching out his long legs, managing a half smile and a huff of a laugh. “No, no. Not at all. Nor how big she is.” He half mutters, a hand rising to wave around as if for emphasis. “Had barely cleaned up the smoke off the walls before Safrin brought her to me. Let alone having the room made.” But that was something they had worked on. It was the room she was sleeping in right now, in fact, put together as best as Sunjata could do before the news spread.

And that was just another thing to worry about.

So he takes a sip of his drink, nodding to her in agreement that he’s had his hands full. At least here, though, he isn’t on display, isn’t in the view of anyone, he can simply relax and enjoy the fire, to watch as Haai nestles into her nest on the bed and antagonizes the three kittens that dart around, pausing now and then to stare at Maeve before they continue their rampage.

His gaze lifts to her as she offers the basket he’d been eyeing, though, and he leans forward to set his glass down so both hands are free in order to receive the basket. It settles in his lap, and despite his large frame and big hands, he’s quite delicate and dexterous with removing the silk covering, before spying the contents.

And now it’s his turn for the surprise to overtake him, the twitch of his nose as he regards each and every piece – the starwhale plush that may remind Kamaria of Pemota, a bottle of whiskey likely to deal with the exhaustion his daughter will weigh on him, a music box with that small gift within, along with a beautiful brush. But it’s the blanket he reaches for first, running his fingers along the stars and the deep sapphire blue, that he lifts his gaze to her with a spark of thankfulness, gentleness, something that cracks through the mask and the exterior. “This is beautiful Maeve.” He pauses, offering her a soft smile.

He doesn’t know what he’s done to deserve such a nice gift, if anything. So his mind immediately flickers to the alternatives. “Thank you… Ria will love it. But, how do I return the favor?” Truth be told, Sunjata wasn’t great at receiving gifts, more prone to giving them than taking them.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

With his permission, Maeve lets herself get comfortable, sinking into the couch with a sigh as she curls her legs beneath her. It's easy to let herself do so in his presence. If there is one thing she knows about the governor is that he won't judge her. Not for anything. Her emotions, her wants, and her needs. He's seen her at some of her most vulnerable. There is a special connection here and she doesn't know what to make of it. Of them. So instead she watches him with soft eyes that dance with firelight.

A laugh bubbles out of her and she hums, wrapping her arms around her middle lightly, "How big is she? Not the baby you were expecting I'm assuming?" One dark brown arches and her head cocks to the side with curiosity as he places the basket in his lap and carefully begins to unwrap the gift. Her bottom lip finds its way between her teeth; a nervous habit she can never seem to break no matter how hard she tries. The kittens manage to catch her attention for a moment and she watches them play together before her eyes are back on Sunjata.

He finishes opening the gift and a bright smile settles on her lips, lighting up her whole face as she meets that steel gaze she's growing so familiar with. There is something so soft there when he looks at her and she finds her breath catching in her throat. Maeve's smile morphs into a smirk and her eyes take on a mischievous glint, "Oh, beastie, that's a dangerous question you're purposing. I could take such advantage of it if I was a worse person, but I'm not." She purrs, scooting just a hair closer to close that bit of space between them, "Unless you want me to take advantage of that proposal?" It's clear that she's teasing him. Even if a part of her wishes he'd actually do something about it. They had been so close that night they met and she thinks a couple of times since then, but Maeve was respecting his wishes.
Poor little girl
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
She’s basically a five year old.” He rumbles, reaching up before diving into the bag to run a hand through his hair, letting that hand linger on the back of his neck as he huffs out a sigh. So no, not at all the baby he had been expecting, with her moon white hair, her bright green gaze, her thirst for adventure that he wonders if he ever had. But he doesn’t dwell on that, because he focuses on the basket in his lap, on pulling out the trinkets and giving each one of them the proper look over.

And in the end he doesn’t know what he’s done to deserve it, how he could pay her back in some way for it, because things had always seemed to come at a price for him – especially as of late. Gifts… Good will, none of that was truly as good as it seemed. But his gaze lifts to her, his hands running along the soft blanket, over the added stars, watching her as she scoots forward. And he begins to set the items back in the basket for safekeeping for now, as his attention flickers back to her.

Well, thank gods for that.” Sunjata rumbles, breathing a huff of air that could be considered a laugh. But he, again, isn’t good at receiving gifts, doesn’t know what to do with them when given them – it had been a flaw of his for the longest time (too used to having his gifts and things taken from him that he tried not to get attached.)

He leans forward to grab his drink again, downing the rest of the mead with practice, before he’s gathering the papers he’d been working on, stuffing them into the journal he keeps before setting that on the table before them and turns slightly to look back at her, half shifting himself to face her easier on the couch. “I would think that I’d still owe you.” Unless it was a form of payment for the gift she’d given – in which case, what a business model. "Seeing as it sounds more like you're bringing two gifts, should that be the case." His head tilts a fraction more avian-like once again. "And then I'm still out, aren't I?"

Gods knew he already owed more favors than he could even keep track of, most notably for Jack.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Basically a five year old, huh?" Maeve arches a brow, trying to wrap her head around that possibility. It makes sense. Given the situation surrounding the whole thing. What even is time up where the gods reside? Surely it doesn't work on the same rules as their plane of existence. "I'll have to introduce her to Paige. She's the daughter of one of my girls. About seven? I could send her over for a playdate. I'm sure she would be thrilled to have someone to play with." Maeve muses softly as she reaches for her mead, taking a slow sip and savoring the favor as she relaxes on his couch.

A huff of laughter that's more formed than his rises from her and her lips quirk into a smile, "Haven't you learned by this point that I'm not like everyone else?" She shoots back, cocking her head to the side as she regards him look over each part of the basket, lingering on the blanket she made for Ria in particular. "It's just a gift, Jata. You don't owe me anything." Maeve murmurs, leaning her head against her hand as she props her elbow against the back of the couch.

"I've done the same kind of thing for the other girls who've had children. It's nothing." Perhaps she went a little above and beyond for this one, but he didn't need to know that. Besides, it was his first child. That was special. Maeve licks her lips, bracing her cup against her thigh lightly as she regards him. Green eyes seeming darker in the soft firelight filling the room. "Can't a girl do something nice for someone she happens to like?" Maeve teases, extending her leg so her toe can poke at the side of his thigh as a smile plays on her lips.
Poor little girl
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There's a dip of his head in the form of a nod, when it comes to how old his daughter is. But for the rest of it, he regards her curiously at the mention of a child around the same age that could be a friend. There’s a moment of pause before he’s reaching up to scratch at the stubble along his chin before he nods to that too. “That would be nice.” He agrees gently, before he’s shuffling the papers out of the way and downing his drink, setting the basket off to the side so he can regard her a bit more fully.

She reinforces the fact that she isn’t the same as others — and he should know this, but given recent events he finds it a fraction more difficult. Everyone always wanted something, and most times Sunjata’s left out of the loop. Still, he snorts lightly as she prods him, a dark brow rising when he scans her face. “I’m not used to it, to be honest.” He murmurs. Especially in a place like Torchline where favors and bargains were typically the go to form of everything.

He pulls his gaze away from her to the bottle of mead he’s brought over, pouring a bit more into his glass before sitting back on the couch, stretching out his long legs. “Usually someone always wants something from me. That and I’m quite terrible at receiving gifts.” He flashes her a softer smile to that. It comes from a place where Sunjata’s upbringing didn’t really allow him to have anything but the bare necessities. He’d been raised in a room with white walls and pale blankets and no toys or anything else aside from what Saar would sneak over. He’d lived like that for eighteen years.

And perhaps that’s where his over the top opulence came when it came to the interior of the home, the paintings and murals on the walls, the decor that he and Nate had worked together to fill the space with. Perhaps that’s why it felt so homey. “But thank you, Maeve. I truly appreciate it.” He finally decides, his smile shifting a bit more crooked where the scar bunches up.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The admission makes her hum and that playful glint in her eyes doesn't dissipate as she meets his steel gaze, "No? Well, I guess I'll just have to work on changing that." Maeve murmurs in response, not pulling her foot back and letting it stay there pressed against his thigh. A need to touch him coming out of no where and she lets herself indulge just a little. Maeve sips from her glass before emptying it in an effort to catch up to him, letting him fill hers when he fills his own again.

Her smile is easy as she looks him over, eyes traveling down the extent of his body before settling back on his face. "We'll have to work on that. I'll just keep giving you things until you learn to just say thank you." Maeve drawls, drawing another sip of her drink as she looks at him from over the rim of her glass. Her voice is soft, that teasing tone she adopts with his coloring her words as she speaks. "Now... There is something I do want and something I think you want, but now isn't the time for it." She goes for honesty. Mostly because there isn't any point in lying to him. They both know there is an attraction here. One that likely would have been moved on had it not been for when they met.

His own smile grows and it makes a warmth spread in her chest to have that attention on her. To have his appreciation and gratitude. "Of course, dear Flood. It's a small thing for me to do, but I hope that this helps to make things perhaps a touch easier in some ways."
Poor little girl
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
You and everyone else that says so. He almost lets slip, but it remains locked behind his teeth as he fills her glass as well, as he gets comfortable again and stretches out. His head leans back against the couch cushion, angled slightly to peer over at her when she speaks next, and there’s a soft hum that leaves him as he considers it.

I don’t know if it’ll be the same for me as it would be for you.” He murmurs to her, gaze dancing along her face before they meet emerald eyes. But a smile spreads there, one that reflects briefly in his tired gaze as he goes to take a sip from the mead once more, letting it dance around his tongue in hues of sweet honey.

He considers her words a moment longer before his smile grows a bit brighter. “It does.” Any little bit helped at the end of the day. Anything to help someone who had no idea what they were doing, who was only trying their best.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His words make both of her brows raise in surprise and a laugh bubbles up a bit louder than she was expecting. Her hand comes up to cover her mouth as her nose wrinkles and she shakes her head. Maeve takes a moment to get herself together before she's looking at him, mirth swimming in her gaze, "How do you know what it'll be for me? Did Safrin give you the ability to read minds along with all those fancy shifts?" She drawls taking a sip of her mead.

Yes, she likes him. Even would go so far as saying that they're friends. At least, she hopes they are after everything they've confided in each other. Do people really want so much more of him that he automatically assumes it from everyone? When is he going to get it through his head that she isn't the same as them. At least not when it came to their relationship.

The smile that's settled on her lips does not waver as she watches his face. His smile reaches his eyes and it's one of the few times she's actually seen it happen. The corners of his eye crinkle just enough for her to notice and it makes that warmth in her chest grow a little stronger. She put that there. She made him smile like that. It makes her preen.  "Good. That was the goal. I hope she likes them and that they remind her of both you and Safrin." Maeve hums as that same foot that's been pressed against his thigh flexing slightly as she stretches the arch of her foot.
Poor little girl
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Her amusement takes him by surprise – wondering if perhaps he’s misread the situation here. But he doesn’t try to fix any wrong he’s made, not until she speaks. And honestly? He doesn’t know. It’s all based off of assumption, of what people always wanted from him. Flings turned to more, and more turned to heartbreak, and… Well, Sunjata’s broken enough hearts as of late. One of the most important ones, which has slipped away to Halo to hide away and be with her friends and her family, and the other most important one… Off in the Wilds, maybe, off in other regions. Anywhere but here.

So he shakes his head, casting his gaze back to his glass, spinning it within his fingers as he mulls it over. “She didn’t, no.” He murmurs, trying to save himself a fraction when he speaks next. “I’m just… Used to it, is all.” Used to there being more, used to people growing attached and then broken in the span of seasons.

He doesn’t comment on the next set of words, the smile that graces his face when he looks back at her, a small dip of his head in agreement. “I’m sure she will.” He murmurs, tearing his gaze away to peer at the basket, before her foot presses harder against his thigh and he drains the rest of the glass and sets it on the table, his freehand moving to her calf for a gentle touch, a soft caress. “It’s just her and I now, anyway. Hotaru’s left me and Nate’s… Taking a vacation so we might be able to sort ourselves out.” His head tilts back toward her, the glimmer of happiness gone in an instant, replaced by shadows. “So, that’s where I’m at right now, why I didn’t reach out to you.