Court of the Fallen
baby, it's cold outside - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: baby, it's cold outside (/showthread.php?tid=7276)

baby, it's cold outside - ##Andromeda - 06-07-2022

The planks beneath her running shoes groan slightly as Andromeda walks carefully over them, her chocolate eyes set upon the river. Frost clings to the wooden walkways in the early morning air as a soft breeze’s icy fingers grasp at loose strands of hair framing her face. Lifting a gloved hand to push the unruly strands beneath her beanie, Andromeda halts for a moment and lifts her chin, breathing deeply.

It had been awhile since she’d been to this area of the Greatwood, but it never ceased to amaze her with its beauty. It was a wonder, even during Deepfrost, that the Wood took such good care of its inhabitants. Even during the coldest months, the ancient trees provide enough shelter to halt the worst wintery days.

Staring out at the placid river, Andromeda begins her stretches, pulling a knee to her chest while practicing her breathing exercises, preparing her lungs for the cold. Today was a perfect day for her usual morning run, slightly colder than yesterday but without the cloud cover. With the warmth of the rising sun heating her cheeks, she releases her leg before lifting her other and turning her attention to the Treehouse nearby.
“I wonder what he’s up to this morning,” she whispers to no one, head tilting as she contemplates the Guardian that no doubt knew exactly what she was doing this morning. No, she hadn’t met him, her mother had kept her under wraps for a long time - she had met a sparse few of her fellow Greatwood residents. Perhaps, it was time to change that.

~

Remi

RE: baby, it's cold outside - Remi - 06-07-2022

[say]"Pretending to work, is my guess."[/say] Comes a musically accented voice from somewhere vaguely behind the young woman. That there wasn't the sound of crunching snow to herald Remi's arrival suggested he'd been shifted until recently, which indeed was the case. This wasn't an attempt to be sneaky though—if anything Remi tended to announce his presence quite clearly in most situations—but merely because flying was his most efficient mode of transportation.

Ruffling a bit of snow out of his curls with one hand, the Lullaby steps out onto the path, using said hand to offer Andromeda a small wave before tucking it back into the pockets of his jacket. Inclining his head to the side in a gesture that was vaguely avian, Remi narrows his sea-glass eyes as he takes in the bark-eyed woman before him, trying to place her name. Though he did his best to know those who lived within the Greatwood, with the coming war, Ludo's requests of him, and having Nephele step down from her position as co-guardian, to say that he'd been busy would be an understatement.

Smiling with a boyish sort of bafflement at being unable to tease a name from his memory, he opted for the straightforward approach. [say]"Have we met..?"[/say]

RE: baby, it's cold outside - ##Andromeda - 06-08-2022

Andromeda is drawn from her own mind as an older woman nearby speaks. "Pretending to work, is my guess." The words aren’t said in a cruel manner and the girl smiles softly at the joke. The people here must be happy if they can crack jokes at this hour on a chilly day. Maybe this Guardian lived up to his name.

Watching carefully as the stranger approaches, Andromeda can’t help but connect the two. She had just asked about him and here he was. Silently studying the turquoise of his eyes and the scruff along his jaw, she doesn’t fail to notice his attractiveness. Her stomach begins fluttering as he waves and she masters her expression into a look of cool indifference. As that smile climbs across his lips, she finds herself counting her breaths again.

"Have we met..?"
His voice is exactly how she’d imagined upon his first appearance, velvety and rich, with the most alluring accent. Lifting her chin, she pushes her shoulders back and delicately clears her throat. She didn't want to embarass herself... but she probably would. Fake it until you make it, right?
“No, we haven’t. I’m Andromeda and you must be the Guardian I have heard so much about,” she pauses for a moment, crossing her arms and lifting a chocolate eyebrow in question. "What is your name? I only know you by your title?" it's an honest question.
“Would you like to join me for my morning run? We can just walk if you’d prefer?” Andy asks as she smirks at him. There was no way she was leaving here until she learned a little more about this Guardian. Why had no one mentioned he was so handsome? Perhaps that didn’t matter, but she could look, couldn’t she?

RE: baby, it's cold outside - Remi - 06-08-2022

Andy's reaction was met with patient silence on the Lullaby's part. Often his reputation preceded him, though whether he was regarded as a protector or a murderer was usually a matter of context. Still, he let the girl puzzle him out in her own time, offering a polite nod as she placed his identity. [say]"Ahh, well."[/say] Giving his head a bemused shake, Remi shrugs. [say]"Unfortunately for me, most of it is likely true."[/say] He admits with a chuckle.

[say]"Remi Taliesin."[/say] The Lullaby offers, before smiling apologetically. [say]"I would offer to shake your hand, but..."[/say] Now the shape of his lips suggests something like regret. The ability to feel first-hand the emotions of others simply by touching them was as overwhelming as it was intimate; typically not the sort of thing welcome on a first meeting. [say]"And you?"[/say] Mentally chastising himself for not knowing her name, the alchemist fixes her face into his mind—eyes like fresh mulch and hair the colour of tree bark bathed in sunlight—so that he'd not forget.

As for a run? Blinking in surprise—the only person he normally ran with was Ronin, and that often turned into a predatory game of chase—Remi considers, before shrugging agreeably enough. [say]"Sure, why not. A bit of exercise will likely do me some good."[/say]