(SE) sink into the wasteland underneath
open!
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Online
Change author:
MP: 520
Life is tough my darling, but so are you.
Thal flashes her fangs at Astaroth again with a growl. "I told you not to call me 'dear'." She snatches the blade from the air and snaps her wrist, burying the dagger to the hilt in the sand at his feet. Narrowing her eyes, she says, "Don't let it happen again." As if she hadn't just threatened the Ancient, Thal pulls another dagger from her cloak, leaning back to resume her rhythmic flipping.

She continues to think about the Hollowed Grounds and the supposed 'endless possibilities.' If things are truly as open as they seem, perhaps she should decide sooner rather than later. Settling on the idea that she shouldn't make enemies of her soon-to-be-neighbor, Thal smiles and bats her eyelashes. "Well, thanks for being so transparent about everything. I'll move in tomorrow. Is there a welcome brochure?" Her words are honest, but her tone remains sarcastic. Even if she is excited at having a place to call 'home' (in a developing city of Ancients, no less), she can't make it look like she's so easily convinced.
Thalassa
Isar Sindri
Cultist

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1197
ISAR
Arm yourself
Isar affected a light shrug, unwilling to dive too deep into a line of speculation when he had yet to narrow the options for himself. The farmer life was not his, that had been a jest, and hunting in his eyes was a necessity to all men, not something that one could choose to not do. "Ah, who knows. I might just keep roaming for a while. See what else is out here before I decide where to set up camp."

Amenable to wiling away the day in idle conversation though he'd been, suddenly Thalassa made that very difficult. A short snap and a flick of her wrist sent a dagger flying towards Astaroth. Reflexes kicked in, a lifetime spent around people willing to do more than just kill a man honing an acute sense of self preservation; Isar was on his feet with a hand beneath the jacket before the knife had stopped quivering in the ground.

All trace of lazy charm was gone; only black hunger and violence remained and that hollow stare turned to the woman, then the man. It was not him the dagger had been aimed at - that was the only reason why he wasn't baring steel already.
Because no one else here will save you
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5092
i don't belong among the angels // and baby that's just fine with me
The flash of her fangs are met with a sharp edged and calculating grin from the butcher, watching unaffected as the blade is aimed toward his feet – sticking into the sand and dirt there, wiggling from the force. It only proves to force his amusement further, even as Isar starts to go on the defense. Astaroth is unflappable, prodding the blade with the foot of the cane, nudging it before he reaches down to pick it up. “Do not ask such sarcastic inquiries and I may not resort to my typical commentary.” He drawls, admiring the blade as he runs it along his hand.

Glancing toward the other man, his hand extends to essentially tell him calm down before smirking back toward Thalassa, flicking the blade back toward her with expertise and speed, thwanging into the sand beside her thigh. “I suppose you will have to find out.” He says to the two of them in regards to the endless possibilities. And glancing out further to spot the ship, he glances toward the woman with that same smile and amusement. “I do so hope to see you both there eventually.” He drawls before he steps back to take his leave. “I should be heading back.
Astaroth
the things i did up there were high school // but now i'm going for my degree
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Online
Change author:
MP: 520
Life is tough my darling, but so are you.
At Isar's reaction, she hides a satisfied grin. Glad to see at least someone fazed, Thal isn't upset as Astaroth lodges the blade next to her, only shrugging her shoulders. "Sorry that my typical sarcasm is too much for you." It is actually refreshing for someone to be unbothered by her, even if she prefers the startled reaction of others. She lifts the blade from the sand and adds it to the rotation of her other blade, letting them alternate brilliantly through the air. 

Astaroth's closing remarks have her pausing to sheath them at her sides. At least she didn't have to reveal the others hidden amongst her clothing. Thal gives both the Ancients a thin-lipped smile. "Perhaps." Although the likelihood of them meeting again is pretty high at this point, she won't readily admit that, and she doesn't really have any desire to encourage them. Instead, she waits patiently for the men to leave so she can continue the business she originally came out here for, simply waving to them with a happy smile that she doesn't bother to hide. "Don't let me keep you."

Although she is eagerly anticipating their departure, she has gained an undeniable level of entertainment from this conversation. She just might look forward to their next meeting.
Thalassa
Isar Sindri
Cultist

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1197
ISAR
Arm yourself
Hus shoulders were slow to come down. The gesture for him to calm was registered but not really headed, at least not until it became clear that Astaroth wasn't about to retaliate. On the contrary, the man seemed to be ready to leave, and Thalssa wasn't objecting.

Letting his fingers slip from the handle of the dagger hidden within his jacket, Isar let out a sigh, part relieved but just as disappointed. They were parting ways already? He didn't really want to. But it wasn't as though he had a reason to linger either.
"Eventually," he agreed, about meeting again in the Hollowed Grounds. He'd probably go back, at some point. When he knew what to do with himself.

Shrinking back into the Fyrhund's guise, he fell in beside Astaroth. Companionable enough to at least make it down the hill together.
Because no one else here will save you
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5092
i don't belong among the angels // and baby that's just fine with me
Her quip earns her a deep resounding chuckle, that sharp grin and a knowing look offered to Thalassa before he’s adjusting his clothing and beginning to take his leave. He’s sure she’ll be quite pleased of their departure so that she might in fact have a chance to do her secretive business. “Until next time.” He murmurs to her, dipping himself into a little playful bow, before he turns on his heel and starts to head back from the cliff side.

Only to have quite welcome company from the fyrhund, to which Astaroth flashes a grin and takes the easy trail back down the hill toward Haulani proper where he’ll likely end up losing Isar for the moment while he seeks out the Maverick to figure out just what the blonde had been up to in his absence.

— FIN <333
Astaroth
the things i did up there were high school // but now i'm going for my degree