Site Wide Event absence makes the heart grow fonder
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5754
melita

and she recklessly plays with matches

After death, Melita’s nightmares had their own ghoulish quality. This one in particular sucked ass too, so it was a nice break to just lounge about King’s End and people watch for a while. Scores of them seemed to settle around the bizarre little arrangement, much like festivals in seasons past, and only after a number of them regarded the lucky dip did she slink out too.

Fangorn and Sila made encouraging noises around her ankles and shoulders respectfully, and she studied the rotation of people meandering through, before hopping out. “Hey. I’ll try,” by way of a nod of her head and arm wandering down; hoping she’d be able to grab something cool and not lose an arm or anything.

--

Mel tries the Lucky Dip!

Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
And I'll be yours (yours) until the stars fall from the sky
Jude had thought he was actually improving on the nightmare front, but the saying about steps forward and back...well, needless to say he's relieved to have a chance to get out of Torchline for a while. Parties and celebrations aren't exactly his scene, but lately he's trying more of a 'let go of the reins' approach to life. It's netted him a sister-cousin-friend in Flora so far so unless this goes horribly wrong he'll be two for two!

Feeling like he's jinxed it now that he just thought that, Jude threads into the ebb and flow of some sort of line that leads to a large barrel and two strange individuals. Admittedly Jude hadn't been paying attention to their sales pitch, so he just follows the lead of the person in front of him, copying their movements and offering a sideways smile to the two running the game(?) to avoid the grimace of awkwardness that tries to surface instead. No sense in offending them - especially when they give him unsettling vibes. Dip successful, Jude scuttles away swiftly and looks around for any manner of alcohol or a convenient outskirt to disappear into.

- - -

Jude tries the Lucky Dip!
In other words, until the day I die
Jude
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Age: 21 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Soleil
Soleil's structured checklist as an adventurer (both adventurer and Adventurer, mind) has been thrown a little farther to the wayside than she might have hoped, but given each new journey is as rewarding as the last she isn't keen on getting herself back on track. Luka - who'd helped her make it before she ever flounced off to Torchline - doesn't have to know! Except he's right beside her. But that's okay, because it's a celebration and if they come together then it technically doesn't count as an adventure anyway.

Strange substances and unclear games sound right up her alley, and she interrupts what looks like the beginning of a flirty conversation Luka is striking up to grab him by the elbow and drag him away toward the masked strangers, ignoring his spluttering and the way his drink sloshes out of its cup and all over his hand. "Come on! You have to see this, we've gotta try it out!" Forcing him to follow along at her hurried pace, Sol shoves them both into line and bounces impatiently, grinning all the while as the small queue dwindles swiftly. "Hah!" She plunges her hand inside with a jaunty cheer, completely unsure what this is about but excited to jump in headfirst (and to make Luka do the same).

- - -

Sol dips!
sunkissed even in my darkest hours
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 2256
ISLA

It isn't that Isla feels blase about the strange nothingness of the nightmare that seems to have plagued the population. Perhaps it's just that, as a former Ascended, that kind of terror (of nothing) just doesn't hit right. Consciousness that there is nothing is still something in itself, and that's a great deal more than the Ascended got when they would 'power down' - because sleep wasn't even an option.

(Ascended do not dream of Upgraded sheep, alas).

But anyway. The Remedy is bundled up and present at the celebrations, sipping a mug of mulled wine as she spots the barrel and all of those stepping forward to claim their prize(?)

With a wave to Astaroth and a friendly smile for Hadama, Maea and Melita, she also approaches. "Why not?" She smiles, and plunges her hand in.

Isla has a go of the Lucky Dip!

apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 83 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Change author:
RONIN

"It's at times like this where I really miss our ability to manipulate dreams," Ronin is saying softly to Remi as they walk along the creaking boards of the Exchange. In as thick a coat as he owns given that they live in Torchline, the Knight is still (naturally) obnoxiously close to his husband, his arm snug around his waist and a drink in hand as they browse the stalls.

"Oh, look - it's Isla," he adds, glancing up in time to see the bundled up Remedy approach the brightly painted barrel. Frowning, because he's sure he recognises the two figures from a certain Wheel of Fortune (he always feels like they know more about him than they ought to), he soon shakes it off and gives Remi a gentle nudge. "Come on, let's go play."

Grinning to Isla as she steps away from the barrel, now it's Ronin's turn to step up, and its with a competitive bounce of his eyebrows to the Bastion that he reaches into the Lucky Dip.

Ronin plays the Lucky Dip!
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
REMI
the lullaby
there's a light that you give me
when I'm in shadow
"You mean back when you were under Safrin's thumb and I was called to take lives every other night?" Remi wonders, his voice casual despite the mischievous slant of his lips and the way his eyes glance slyly at his husband as they stroll. He knows what Ronin means of course, but it's far too easy not to reach for the low-hanging fruit. "But I do know what you mean." He admits, tugging Ronin a touch closer.

"Oh?" Glancing in the direction of his husband's gaze, the Bastion immediately glanced around to see if she was accompanied by a certain aviator. Did you know she is dating Everest? Said through the bond, and quietly at that, Remi raises his eyebrows in an effort to communicate all the gossipy and unhappy implications he'd normally have managed through touch.

"Didn't we once fall into a giant pit at one of these..." The Bastion wonders under his breath. With a sigh he follows the Knight without further argument and reaches into the barrel as well.

Remi dips!
there's a feeling you give me, an everglow
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
karma's a relaxing thought, aren't you envious that for you it's not?
A party? Count Flora in.

With a quick glance around at those in attendance, Flora opted to make her way over toward Melita. Where she might otherwise have left the Honeybee to her own devices and instead gone to bother the likes of Jude or even Seren, today she didn't feel much like socializing and Melita was normally not one for needless small talk (unless it was Flora who initiated it).

"This seems safe." She said, smirking from behind ludo's demigod as the Honeybee reached in. With her eyebrows raised she waited to see if her friend retained her arm, and only when it was clear she had, did the Doubletake also plunge her hand in.

Flora dips!
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 36 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Change author:
there's no plan
no race to be run
For the chance to celebrate not feeling as though he's nothing and no one (Isla might not have found it disturbing, but Fox certainly did), the hunter has braved the skyship and whatever motion sickness accompanies it for a chance to celebrate. With his fiance, of course.

"I don't think I've ever seen a place like this before," he admits to Kiada as they stroll through the floating barges and other stalls. Ordinarily he'd have already picked out a few different snacks to try, and probably a beer to go with them, but since he's still feeling a little delicate, Kia is more than enough.

They meander past the Lucky Dip barrel, and it's enough for Fox to slow his steps, giving Kiada's hand a squeeze and offering her a crooked smile. "Do you think we'll win a prize or get cursed?" he wonders, before approaching and having a go regardless.

No reward without risk, right?

Fox tries the Lucky Dip!
Fox Sinclair
the harder the rain, honey
the sweeter the sun
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5754
// hope, is wonderfully messy //
Strange dreams had given her some modicum of dread that she’d been wearing over her shoulders for days on end – seemingly extending the tendencies for another stretch of time. Facing King’s End, however, was far easier than Stormbreak, and she could breathe a little more, not so stifled, not so withheld, over the bizarre circumstances and festivities.

Pressing her jacket closer to her arms and watching, her brow arched as the world seemed to broaden and socialize despite the angles of fortune brought upon them. Rather than mull over the why, she and Snowball joined the camaraderie, snagging at a hot cup of tea before making her way over to the lucky dip. “May I?” She asked the merchants once another had strived and her place in line came, waiting for them to accept or motion her forward, before reaching her hand in too.

--

Lena tries the Lucky Dip!
Lena
// we must weather the potential of happiness //
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4642
i wanted to be ruined —
a little more than i wanted
— to be loved
In all honesty, Kiada’s pretty sure she hasn’t seen a place like this either. It’s charming and quaint and unique in the face of a region that hadn’t been much of anything before now. Perhaps she can give Hotaru some kudos for the work she assumes she’s done with the Flood on making this space into something more than she’d last seen. “Me neither.” She chimes to him, arm in arm, trying to be the weight that keeps him grounded from being swept away in his sea sickness – her own gifts for him awaiting their eventual return back to the Grounds to try and alleviate it.

The Lucky Dip barrel captures Fox’s attention first, though, Kiada’s bright blue gaze focusing on the other ships bouncing around. He squeezes her hand and her gaze swings back to her fiancé with a small and charmed smile, head tilting as she scans the barrel even though Fox starts to participate anyway. “Curse or not, at least we’ll be in it together.” She admits with a soft chimed laugh, immediately following Fox into participating.

Kiada also tries the Lucky Dip!
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3