(open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

"...Mmm." Sam accepted her words, for there was little else to do, but they were troubling. The fact was that people he knew, people he liked, chose their own lives over the lives of innocents, chose hate over peace. He could not entirely blame them, not with the leverage the Old Gods held, but it was still hard to reconcile his ideas of his old friends with their new missions.

As for people not wanting to bother the Voice..he tilted his head side to side, considering it. "I've always dreaded bothering people and I suppose they might be used to the Old Gods, who are...far less forgiving than the Voice, I've heard." He'd not made a habit of going to their shrines, but he got the impression that the Voice was far happier to speak to one of her Ascended than the Old Gods were to talk to anyone.

"That sounds like a good plan." Sam agreed; a new chance to gather and reestablish their goals. "...Stepping down is um, not something I thought you'd want to do."
I was not ready for the road
I was so discontent to wear that heavy load

Messages In This Thread
RE: (open) 'cause we find ourselves in the same old mess - by Samuel - 07-01-2021, 07:10 PM