[split] unicorn wranglers
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

(Group 1)

Aurelia and Ray's combined efforts to calm the unicorn start to work, especially as the other one comes up to see what's wrong. No longer kicking and thrashing, the unicorn seems to submit to its captors. It's certainly not happy about this by any means but, at least Aurelia can safely say no harm will come to these creatures.

Raza keeping her distance was probably a safer alternative. Both she and Ray receive nods from Aurelia, "Alright! Well done, you two. Let's go find the others and see if they've had as much luck."

And, as Aurelia turns her horse to walk across the hills, her unicorn falls into step behind it. Raza and Ray will find that theirs seem a bit eager to follow Aurelia's.

(Group 2)

While Theo's silence is about as charming as a tree stump, it's also about as intimidating. He certainly isn't impeding any progress, and at least someone's ready with the ropes just in case.

Although, the colts are very intrigued by Harper's offering of food - and Adam's hand. The middle one takes one solid sniff of the grass, and then bows his head to begin eating it out of Harper's palm. The one beside him peeks its nose up to try and get some for himself.

The one closest to Adam, in an attempt to copy his brothers, takes a nice little bite of the ascended's fingers. To both of their surprises, probably. The colt suddenly swings its head back and whinnies very loudly.

This whinny catches the attention of the group of approaching riders. As Aurelia and Co. come over the rise, the mare attached to her saddle belts out a call of her own. And, without further ado, the colts leave the men in a rush of hooves, galloping across the grasses to rejoin their herd.

Aurelia eyes them as they flock to her unicorn, hoping they won't bolt because of the presence of humans. She steers her horse towards Harper and the others, coming to a halt when she's just a few feet away, surrounded by unicorns of varying personalities and all that.

"I think this is their.. mother, or at least.. the leader of the herd," she remarks to the group, "I think the rest will follow her. We're gonna bet on that, anyway. But we should get them moving, get under the cover of trees," she looks out towards the treeline, leading them back towards Torchline, "I want the herd in the middle. I'll lead with this one, and two of you bring up the rear. Ray and Harper, I want you on either sides. Raza, I want you to scout ahead to clear the path, alright? Stay within earshot."

And once the formation is formed, with all of the unicorns 'corralled' between the riders, Aurelia will wait for Raza to get a head start before she starts moving everyone after her.

The deeper into the Feverlands they get, the more Aurelia feels her rope strain and slack as the unicorn she's leading hesitates, hesitates... hesitates... The rest of the herd seem to be getting restless, as well, but they dutifully follow the lead mare anyways. It perhaps helps that there are riders on either sides of them, keeping them grouped together. "I've got a bad feeling," Aurelia says suddenly, voice hush but loud enough to be heard in the ghostly silence around them, "stay alert."

Not long after Aurelia's warning they will hear a peculiar sound from somewhere nearby. It's rough, like something scraping against tree bark. The source of it can't be pinpointed, though, and suddenly the horses {and unicorns} will all unanimously spook as three giant rats scramble out of the mud toward them.

Aurelia, not unused to situations like this, immediately tries to reign in her horse and calls out, "Keep the herd calm!" Then, with a quick, reflexive use of her magic, she sends a small wave of flames towards the rats.

The crew have 2 options:
Some need to calm the unicorns
Some need to fend off the rats

Have fun with this one, peeps. You can choose to start your responses from the time they reach the swamp/get attacked, if that's easier.
What is clear is what is gold
You're only human after all

Messages In This Thread
[split] unicorn wranglers - by Aurelia - 07-30-2021, 08:17 PM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Theo - 07-31-2021, 12:14 AM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Ray - 08-01-2021, 03:09 AM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Raza - 08-02-2021, 03:43 PM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Harper - 08-05-2021, 07:06 PM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Adam - 08-09-2021, 11:08 AM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Aurelia - 08-16-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Adam - 08-17-2021, 07:26 PM
RE: [split] unicorn wranglers - by Ray - 08-17-2021, 07:33 PM