such a wild, screaming weight; black-bodied and porous-boned
Snowcloak, Halo
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Never arrogant, no, though he discredits himself immensely to do it. If she were to know - if she were in a better headspace to surely suspect - she would correct it immediately. Instead she can only rely on her own actions; that of everyone in the world, she had gone to him. The first (and only) person in her life to hold such a level of safekeeping, of love, to entrust with the wounded fragments of herself. Not unlike a wounded animal, the Valkyrie had gone to ground to find a den in which to hide herself, and found herself here.

As such it is perhaps an intrinsic arrogance that has Ru nodding absently against his chest at the idea of needing Evie’s permission. To her, it is done, secured. She cannot think anything else lest the one goal for herself slip away into the ether. Evie is a sensible woman with whom Hotaru is on amicable terms; surely she will be understanding.

If not, Ru doesn’t want to look too closely at how intimately aware she is of the fact that she would do anything - including incredibly underhanded and cruel things - to ensure the academy is handed to her. What’s worse is she can’t tell if that is her own inherent personality speaking, or her grief. She has done far worse things in the past to obtain what she desires.

That, too, is a tiny spark. An old avarice that rears its head like a slumbering serpent and tastes the air with relish. As it does her breathing slowly calms, though each inhale is ragged and raspy, throat torn with the force of her grief finding any outlet it could from the weary vessel that had foolishly hoped to cage it. “I don’t know how much more I can lose,” she confides, voice tremulous. Pale fingers knot into the front of Deimos’ shirt; possessive, desperate. “I’m just…I’m so glad you’re here. I can’t lose you too. I can’t.
Feel the fear and swallow back the tears
Let weakness disappear, there's nobody but me here
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: such a wild, screaming weight; black-bodied and porous-boned - by Hotaru - 11-29-2022, 11:10 PM