{se} All our flaws are bittersweet
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 2256
Isla

"That sounds like a toast worth making," Isla says with an easy smile, preparing her tea with only one cube of sugar - once upon a time when she'd been just a person - not an Ascended too efficient to feel, not an Ancient still high on her own five senses - she'd taken her tea without any additions, but the kick of sweetness isn't worth denying herself for the time being.

Humming soft agreement with the other woman and holding out her cup for Hotaru to pour, Isla wonders how much the Valkyrie already knows or whether it's going to be a whole storytime about it. She's well aware that she and Remi are already acquainted, at least. "Things were dire for a while, admittedly, but I've recently rekindled a friendship with Remi - not something I ever expected would happen."

And her cheer about that is a large part of why there's very little hurt in her expression as Hotaru speaks next; indeed, it's mostly confusion that clouds Isla's features. "I'm so sorry," she murmurs, lowering her teacup. "I only assumed from what Sunjata said. He told me the two of you had rekindled your friendship, and... well, that you were going to see where it goes." It's true that there's been some element of putting two and two together, but that particular phrase in that particular context has rarely come up with anything but four.

"And of course, when he spoke about separating the office space and the bedrooms..." she shrugs softly. "I wouldn't have left if it hadn't seemed so clear. I admit I was protecting my own feelings, but I didn't want to become some resentful presence in a friend's life." As someone who has just freely admitted to having enjoyed said friendship with Sunjata, Isla hopes she can understand. "How is he, anyway? I was going to write to him soon."
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard

Messages In This Thread
{se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Hotaru - 07-06-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-06-2023, 05:24 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-07-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-07-2023, 06:56 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 11:28 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-10-2023, 10:25 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-15-2023, 05:12 PM