{se} I wonder if I'll ever stop wondering
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru
I don’t care, I’m in love
(Stop before it’s too late)
Neither of them seems ready - or perhaps capable of - letting go just yet, lingering in each other’s orbits. At least this way she can pretend it’s the same as before, the same as being comfortably tangled up on hot springs or in front of a bonfire. Back to the safe territory of friendship. It’s almost laughable even in her head; the idea that she won’t be laying in bed replaying this moment on loop.

She knows him too well for her brow to furrow in concern. Admittedly it’s why she’d felt confident enough to show up in the dead of night, certain he would come when she called. It’s convenient he mentions stargazing then. “Yeah, I’d like that.” Reclamation of a calmer, less frantic state of mind without delving into all the other questions that have spring up in her head. Maybe she’ll even get him to fall asleep for a bit while he has another body at his side.

Parting is difficult, but she doesn’t dwell on it. It’s understandable given the emotional wreck she’d been moments ago, she just needs to shove the rest back into the friend-shaped box they’ve built around themselves. Though she does take his hand as she goes, pulling him further into the field until a more comfortable looking patch arises. With her bare legs and loose shirt she should be cold, but the Academy blessing makes it a moot point, so she folds gracefully down to the blanket of greenery and lays down to stare up at the sky. And, given he joins her and doesn’t take his hand back, she squeezes it. Thank you for being there for me. And though her eyes don’t leave the sky just yet, the bond between them flows with appreciation and love - some potent mix of platonic and romantic that she doesn’t bother trying to separate.
And I still don’t know why it’s happening
(But I make the same old mistakes)
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {se} I wonder if I'll ever stop wondering - by Hotaru - 07-09-2023, 09:16 PM