Personal Quest don't look the other way
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230

And it's peaceful in the deep
Because either way you cannot breathe
The tone of the focus group was that of collaboration - and even if Soh still felt a bit nervous in Hotaru's presence, she could appreciate that they were all here because they wanted the same things. She may not have personal experience as an Abandoned, but she did have sympathy for their plight, and it was certainly her goal to guide Stormbreak down a path of acceptance. In truth, there were few things in life thus far that Sohalia had taken a firm stance on. This was perhaps the first time she had something that she cared strongly enough about to take a stand for. Her region would come to accept Abandoned, if it was the last thing she did.

"Education is key," Sohalia agreed, smiling shyly at Deimos. "I've actually brought some lesson plans that we have been working on putting together." With that, she pulled out a stack of papers with neat lesson plans laid out. "I was hoping to solicit feedback on them, later on."

Both Deimos and Hotaru echoed another point: the Dragoons. Soh was well aware that the soldiers were a particular sticking point for the Abandoned who might choose to visit Stormbreak, and while a part of her prickled at the insinuations that her Dragoons might be biased or cover one another's crimes, she had to admit that she understood the concern. So it was that she considered her response carefully. "I think that's a fair point," she said. "It may help to know that the Dragoons have recently been trying to open their ranks and be more accepting of other races. I don't believe they have any Abandoned members yet, but I understand that they are open to it. With that said, though, I know that we can't possibly know the mindset of every single Dragoon.

"I appreciate your input, Hotaru, and I think that detaining Abandoned who have been involved in an altercation until a Warden can arrive is a good idea. If the Abandoned is the victim, I don't believe they should be detained, but I do believe that Halo should be informed of the circumstances, and we would of course prosecute the culprit to the fullest extent of the law. But if an Abandoned is a suspect, then detainment until a Warden can arrive makes sense. I'd like to add that if an Abandoned is a suspect, then the Wardens should have the right to question the Dragoon or Dragoons involved in their detainment - with Stormbreak leadership present, of course - and if it is determined that the Dragoon has acted with prejudice and that the arrest was wrongful, they should be prosecuted as though they have committed the crime of which the Abandoned was wrongfully accused."

------

Round 2! Continue discussing!
No need to pray
No need to speak
Sohalia
the Luminary

Messages In This Thread
don't look the other way - by Sohalia - 09-02-2023, 09:11 PM
RE: don't look the other way - by Deimos - 09-02-2023, 09:17 PM
RE: don't look the other way - by Hotaru - 09-16-2023, 07:54 AM
RE: don't look the other way - by Sohalia - 10-10-2023, 10:33 PM
RE: don't look the other way - by Deimos - 10-11-2023, 10:30 PM